Allergies

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by SRW
    on

Hi,
    I’m almost finished the book and about to start the 8 week challenge.
    I have allergies to prawns, avocados and eggs. Could anyone recommend substitutes for these foods. Thanks in advance

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

For the prawns, thin slices of smoked or fresh mackerel, possibly crab depending what you’re using it for.

For the eggs again it really depends what recipes you’re using it for, but for breakfast with bacon, then try field mushrooms. If it;s for salads, cream or cottage cheese can give the protein feel and the soft texture.

For avocados, try chopped cavallo nero, fried and made into patties or small amount of sweet potato.

• posted by tafoss
    on

I have just bought the books & am wanting to start ASAP BUT I am allergic to all fish & seafood, mushrooms & avocado: Please, I need HELP with substitutions!

• posted by Chasing_Lions
    on

Tafoss don’t feel you have to stick to the meal plan in the books. You can switch out things for things you prefer and aren’t allergic too. So replace fish with things like chicken or even quorn. Use different veg that you fancy. (This isn’t much help sorry!)

For example a typical day for me begins with the no carb bircher and lunch I love the no carb ploughmans, soup or the mexi platter and dinner I like bolognaise with spiralled courgette or veg curry (just take out the mushrooms and add something else ) and cauliflower rice or sausages and cauliflower mash. Or Chicken Korma and cauliflower rice. There are so many choices! Just go for low carb and use something like ‘my fitness pal’ to count calories.

Hope that was at least somewhat helpful.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

We all need to find a way to make this way of eating work for us and roviding you log everything you consume, you can go off-piste and not stick with the meal plan. Just use foods you are familiar with and know you are not allergic to – providing they are not high in the bad carbs of course. I have not used the meal plan at all and I have been using the BSD for over a year now, with breaks for extended vacations, Christmas etc. and reached my goal weight a couple of month back, however, I put on a few pounds whilst away in Turkey for eight weeks, so I’m back to the 800 cals again, to get me back to target weight.

So, it is possible to lose weight on the BSD, even if you are not using the meal plan. Keep it simple, adjust what you are used to eating to comply with the BSD and track/log everything, weight, measure and record, both what you are consuming and yourself.

Hope you manage to find a way to make it work for you.

Please log in or register to post a reply.