7 Days … Pick a carb level … Tuesday 4th October

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Yes it is 2 hours Sunshine-girl. Good idea to get your husband to watch for any signs.

Tizzy is right that it would be better to let your blood glucose go a little higher to avoid a hypo with the added benefit of reduced fat storage.

I saw the Panorama programme tonight with husband. He has promised he won’t go on anymore that I have become obsessive about weighing everything. Shame it didn’t mention the BSD.

• posted by Tizzie
    on

Sunshine-girl- Really hoping you get to come off your meds soon, looks promising! Have you read the info under Resources; for professionals -as this recommends to stop Sulphonylureas such as glycazide at the beginning to reduce the risk of hypos.

Watched Panorama program last night and it was so sad that no-one on there seemed to know about low carb diets, yet were clearly depressed about dealing with the aftermath of chronic t2. Bariatric surgery may offer hope for some but there’s likely to be a lot of people that could manage a low carb diet instead if only they knew about it. It’s got to change and soon!
    Also watched the fats vs carbs on iplayer. Made me smile when the doctor gave the follow up cholesterol figures- you could tell she really wasn’t expecting that! Hopefully that’s one more curious medic who may actually go and do some research for herself rather than blindly dishing out nhs current dietary advice!

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Verano
    Yes, I’m now on maintenance. Lost a total of 26kg in around 21 weeks and for the last month been on maintenance and stopped weighing, measuring and recording everything on the app.
    I’m told I’m a maintenance loser as I’m still losing! Down another 2kg since then😀
    My plans is to increase the calories and fats and still avoid the added refined sugars and simple carbs.
    Keep losing!
    Linda

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Linda A

Good to hear the experience of people on maintenance as most just disappear when they’ve reached goal!

You did really well and it’s good to know that even on maintenance you don’t start piling on the pounds again! Funny but Lynne was also still losing in the first few weeks if maintenance. Could be because our appetites shrink so much it’s difficult to eat more so I guess adding the odd knob of butter etc. is the best way to go.

• posted by Verano
    on

DAY 3 of 7

Yesterday
    Calories 883
    Carbs 45.6!!

Believe it or not that over ‘spend’ was all due to two small ginger oat biscuits …. 13.3g carbs and 88 calories. Amazing how this stuff can just creep up on you when your least expecting it! Just needed crunch yesterday but at least I didn’t go completely off the rails and ………..
    1lb loss!!!!

So have now dropped into the next band of ‘tens’ !!!

Out of bed on the ‘right side’ this morning so here’s to a better day!!

Hope you are all doing well and that your b/g is settling sunshine -girl.

• posted by phlebas
    on

day 1 – yesterday – 766, 24g carbs … coffee (with milk), pecan nuts, spinach, tomatoes, broccoli, eggs, cheese & lots of mint tea!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

LindaA
    Well done on your weight loss and your success on maintenance. It’s so good to hear that you have moved seamlessly onto maintenance and are still losing. How different from all the other diets out there.

Tizzy – I had forgotten about the resources for professionals – I will run them off for my annual consultants appointment at end of October. Am getting a bit nervous that they may not approve of the BSD So the notes will be a good thing to take with me.

Yesterday evening after a really active day I felt a bit dizzy – as though low on sugar – but although blood sugars were low they were still ok. This morning I opened the fridge and realised that I had forgotten to have part of my planned evening meal – it was still sitting there in the fridge!

This has never ever happened to me before. So carbs for the day were too low at 18 -calories were 765. I lost another 1lb – so weight still moving relentlessly down. I really think that these weekly challenges are helping me to stay on track.

Husband was shocked by the Panorama programme and has said he now understands that I am not being obsessive about weighing my food and am just sticking to the BSD.

Verano – you were still under 50g and you only had 2. It’s so scary just how many carbs there are in such a small portion.

• posted by Frog
    on

hi
    moving over to this thread now! going to aim for 35g of carb
    and possibly reserving that as an average daily amount!!!
    yesterday was an amazing 15g – then I sabotaged it with a late night protein seedy bar thing, but still only 26g and 775 cal
    and that included – wait for it – half a slice of new potato!!!
    am also going to aim for 10k steps a day

I was working yesterday, was very organised, made a salad in a box and logged it – then left in the kitchen
    hence the half slice of new potato, I bought a salad nicoise in a branch of budgens, and ate salad no 1 when I got in.

Vegetable cooking class today – I really enjoyed that one last month

• posted by Verano
    on

The Panorama program was shocking … so much so that I watched a good part of it with my eyes covered!!! Think I may watch it again.

Also a you-tube version of Fats v Carbs is on dietdoctor, guess it may just be on you-tube anyway.

The one week challenges work for me purely because you only have to commit for 7 days and so there’s a sense of achievement if you do well. But also if it’s not the best of times you can just write it off and start again the following week without throwing in the towel!! Having company just keeps everyone accountable … unless they drop out!!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Verano – well done for stopping at 2 (I can’t trust myself yet to do that) and great news that you have dropped to the next band of 10s.

Phlebas – a delicious and nutritious days menu.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Frog

No ‘reserving’ here!!!!!!

It’s 35g … its already day 3 so only 5 left in total…. you can do it!!!! We’ll cheer you along!

Looking forward to you vegetable recipes later. Enjoy your day!

• posted by loopylou
    on

Day 2 (for me) results:
    Calories 934, carbs 16
    This morning weigh in, another pound and a half gone. That’s 5 pounds in 2 days and all the holiday gain gone. Back in the 12 stone something’s which is fab. I know I was a bit high on calories and low on carbs. I changed my planned meal (lamb and ratatouille) at the last minute to something s bit more child-friendly (cheese burgers) when I remembered my husband wasn’t coming in to eat.
    I am out for lunch today so not logging my evening meal till I can see what I’ve got to play with.

Good luck sunshine girl with getting your insulin levels sorted. And well done everyone else .

• posted by Billingebabe
    on

I lost 2 stone on low carb 3 years ago but a lot of stress factors and a ‘sod it’ approach meant that it crept – actually it bloody raced – back on. Haven’t been thinking straight and have been overdoing the lentils and beans recently resulting in a stall of 5 days. Yesterday was 600 calls (to make up for the day before at 1000) but had a bean and tomato soup for lunch and dhal makani last night – result 60 plus carbs. So no movement on the scales! So a few chicken and fish based meals for the next few days.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Billingebabe

Do you use a calorie/carb counter? There are lots but Fatsecret.co.uk and myfitnesspal seem to be the most popular here.

A couple of us on this thread have started filling our logs in early in the day, before, we start eating. That gives you a good idea of whether you’re on target or not and still gives you time to fiddle about with your menus to keep them within target.

Then ….. you just have to stick to the plan!!!!!!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Well done Frog and loopylou for keeping to your carb levels.

Billingebabe – I agree with Verano that it really helps to fill in our logs early in the day before we start eating. I fiddle with the menus then to sort out the carbs – and it is so easy to follow for the rest of the day.

Today – instead of the admin I was supposed to be doing – I have been sorting through my wardrobes. I am taking out all my ‘larger stuff’ and packing it up for the local animal charity. This is something I have never done before because I would reach my target weight and then immediately would start putting it back on really fast so I always knew I would need the clothes again. This time – especially with the support of this forum – I know it won’t happen again.

Have checked my BMI and it looks as though I need to go a lot lower than I thought to get in the mid range of a healthy BMI. Thats fine because I really feel I can do it.

I bought a lovely shirt from M&S for my holiday in August – but it is now on the animal charity pile because it is now so loose and unflattering. I think I only wore it 3 times. So no more clothes buying until I am closer to goal.

The first thread I read here was bill1954’s thread ‘this has to work for me’. That is exactly how I felt – it was my last chance – it had to work for me – and it has.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Morning campers, today my cals are:-

Calories 730 including my late night snack
    Carbs 37, I’m doing under 40
    Morningblood glucose 5.6 (101)

When I did my early evening check it was 5.0 so did not reduce the insulin, still on 25. Kept Glycazide to 2 x 30mg for now. Weight the same as yesterday 74.2kg.

Verano, glad to see you are on top form again, sorry if our misunderstanding contributed to your ‘bad’ day. You jokingly said something to me and I joked back but the joke part got lost in translation. It is difficult when you really don’t know someone but surely we know each other well enough not to worry about upsetting each other. Don’t know if I dare call you a silly moo just yet. Get out your dancing shoes.

• posted by Timmy
    on

Doing a proper clothes sort is something I desperately need to do. I don’t actually have many clothes that fit me now! I’ve had a suit, brand new never worn, in my wardrobe for about 6 years because I wouldn’t fit in it, and now it’s hanging off me and looks too baggy. All of my jeans are too big and baggy too, and as for my tshirts, they’re more like dresses now and just look daft.

I think I need to have a huge clear out, but I’m reluctant to buy anything until I’ve reached my target. I’m probably in between waist sizes now (32-34 inch, which at 6’4 is quite something!), so I’m loathed to spend money on anything until I’m firmly in the 32″ bracket.

It’s my 40th in 8 weeks, so hopefully I’ll have reached my target by then and can treat myself to some stuff.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Good idea Timmy but I found I had to buy a thing or two because my clothes were either too small (from years ago) or unflatteringly baggy, found it a good confidence boost to wear something that shows the weight loss. However its good to be careful as the new clothes are also too big now!
    And…. my small small clothes are too big … shock horror, I’m redoing my wardrobe and it’s expensive, but quite a nice expensive. Your clear out will be more drastic than you imagine!

• posted by Verano
    on

LOL sunshine-girl … yes you make me smile! Sometimes things do get lost in translation !

Well done Krysia! All this talk about clothes is making me realise I can’t put off my big … in every sense of the word …. clothes try on! I have a big trip coming up in January and I know that some things I have will need shortening, some that I’ve not even worn yet maybe taking in (I hope !) and some will be going to a charity shop or the bin!

Did try some stuff on about a month ago and have lost more weight since. Some tops that had been a bit skimpy fitted and some were still a bit tight. I’m so in the zone at the moment I don’t want to sabotage myself by trying things on too soon!!!

Dilemma …. might wait until after my diabetic review at the end of the month because I’m definitely losing another 6lbs before then!!

Timmy great idea. Fabulous at forty !

on

I need a clear out but still in my summer clothes. By the time we get back from Scotland at the end of October it will be time put the summer stuff away. Plus going to Scotland it will be bl—dy freezing compared to here. I have a very pretty top which was always just below the waist, propped up by my big boobs, now it is more like a dress, cos the boobs have shrunk and so have the bum and stomach. Just got out last years jean which were skin tight black denim with lycra, so pretty snug. Now they still fit but the hem is dragging on the ground so I have to pull them up with a belt.

• posted by Billingebabe
    on

Yes Verano I am addicted to MFP which is how I calculated my carbs. However Mr BB did the supper last night which is why I landed up with dhal as he had forgotten to buy my chicken fillet. I plan my meals for the week and enter them in after breakfast, which is always the same. Total ff yogurt and berries – weighed. However will take more notice of the carb levels but there is nothing I can do about Mr BBs inability to follow a shopping list. He has 3 degrees but that obviously doesn’t help with some of the simpler chores.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Excellent day yesterday Sunshine-girl – and good b/s.

Timmy – a good plan to wait until you are on target – as long as you do have something that fits you until then.

Barista girls – it is a shock when your small clothes are too big – but a lovely shock.

Verano – another 6lbs will make a huge difference to how your clothes will fit – or more likely swamp you.

Sunshine-girl I have also had to resort to buying a belt to hold my trousers up. Up to now the rolls of fat around my tummy held them firmly in place – apart from when the buttons popped off.

• posted by Verano
    on

You know what they say Billingebabe

How many ….. does it take to change a light bulb?
    Only one but …….. !!!

Fill in the blanks as you wish?

• posted by phlebas
    on

day 2 – 726 & 26g – coffee/milk, pecan nuts, huge salad with mayo & black eyed beans & lots of mint tea 😀

Tomorrow is going to be tricky my mum wants to go out for lunch. I’m hoping we can go somewhere that does all day brunch type meals & I can have eggs/smoked salmon. I really don’t want to blow all the hard work.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Took 12 bin bags full of clothes to the Charity shop a couple of weeks ago after trying on almost everything in my house. Kept only those things that I could still wear (many only with a good belt) and some new stuff that I have bought recently in sales etc. I am refusing to do a proper wardrobe refresh until my weight is both comfortable and stable, which may be sometime as I still intend to lose between 2 and 3 stone. I found a suit I have never worn and the skirt is too big! I have never worn it. Missed the window.

• posted by Frog
    on

Frustrating isn’t it mixnmatch!
    I had some beautiful very expensive trousers that I bought in a sale EIGHT years ago, one pair in black, the other grey, that I was going to lose weight and fit into. Tried them on a few weeks ago – too big!
    I have purchased quite a lot in sales recently – some jeans from Debenhams sale that were reduced to £6, and a pretty good pair of work trousers from Sainsburys of all places.
    A colleague who’s recently lost a lot of weight (not BSD) said yesterday that she would bring her size 16 clothes in for me – I only work there one day a week, so it’s not as if I’ll constantly be walking round in clothes instantly recognisable as hers, and it will fill that space where I don’t want to spend lots of money on clothes I won’t be wearing for long. She’s about the same height as me too, so that will be brilliant.
    I have another pile of too-big work clothes to drop into the SmartWorks charity.

Quite a good day – 15k steps, hard to gauge food from cookery school at lunch time, but I guesstimated it. I was out this evening, so glass of red wine, gin & diet tonic and some mixed nuts. Not the healthiest combination, but around 700 calories and 28 carbs.

I am averaging the carbs of Tuesday and Wednesday!!! The other days should all be under 35g!

Low fat aubergine methods are on the Dodgy Diabetic Cookery Course thread.

• posted by Verano
    on

DAY 4 of 7

Yesterday
    Calories 777
    Carbs 20.5

No weight loss today … really pleased I’m settling down now. I couldn’t keep losing as I was last week!

Really good news my b/g was 5.9 . Don’t ever remember it being in the fives but ok I know fasting bloods don’t mean much!!!!

Ok Frog …. I give in ! I do average my stats out at the end of the week. We have to have a life apart from BDS and we live in the real world so can’t stick to the letter of the plan everyday …. life would be so dull if we did!

Have a good day everyone. After today on the downward slope for this week … isnt it going fast!!

• posted by loopylou
    on

Yesterday’s facts and figures:
    Calories 898, carbs 20g. It’s a bit of a guestimate as I ate lunch out. I had soup and salad. I met a school friend I hadn’t seen for 34 years and the last thing I wanted to do was go on about my diet so I was glad there was something other than sandwiches!
    As of this morning I have lost another pound and a half which takes me to another goal. I am no longer obese just overweight.
    Gosh I wish I was throwing clothes out! But I did buy a pair of cheap jeggings in sainsburys yesterday. A size 16, knowing they would fit me, rather than that nagging doubt about whether they would be too tight.
    Well done Verano on your b/g.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Mixnmatch – 12 bin bags full of clothes no longer fitting is a huge achievement. Frog – you are so lucky that your colleague will lend you some interim clothes as you are not likely to be needing them very long before you fit into smaller sizes.

Did our weekly supermarket shop this morning – husband commented how quick the shop is now we miss out most of the aisles. Also, we are still a bit stunned at how much lower the bill is compared to pre BSD. At least the savings will go towards some new clothes.

Verano – really good b/s. Actually it does mean a huge jump forward because, with b/s at that level, it means the dawn phenomenon is no longer messing up your morning readings. Now you are getting a true fasting b/s.

Loopylou – well done for getting to a new level. We are all doing so well.

It is so good to hear that we are all adapting the BSD to fit in with our lives – which means that we will be able to continue losing weight and then move onto a successful maintenance. Reading your posts gives me lots of idea.

Carbs yesterday 23 calories 808. 3/4lb down on the scales. Today we are having a lovely prawn curry made with a Spice Tailor sauce.

on

Today I will be eating 720 calories and 23 carbs, that includes all meals and snacks.

My weight is 74 kg so I have lost 0.3 since Tuesday which is, in old money 2 thirds of a pound. Hey but look, I have hit 74 and I have just done a calc of my goal weight and I have exactly 2 stone to lose, 28 lbs or just over 12 kgs.

Blood glucose 4.9 or 89 – perfect.

I have just done 30 mins HipHopAbs with Shaun T (gorgeous man) and freaked out my Wii Fit. It didn’t recognise me because I have not been on for about 64 days and I have lost about 5kg since then. Then it had the cheek to look at my weight and BMI and said you have taken your time reaching your goal but congratulations ta da. I only told it I wanted to lose 1kg in a month, such as were my expectations back then. Then it told me I am obese at BMI 31.9 and to reach 22 I need to lose another 24 kg. No chance, that will make me 7 stone 3lbs – never. So that is me well and truly told off.

Talking about buying clothes when we are in an intermin weight state. I am not proud and have just bought 3 pairs of treggings, tres moderne with a jaquard pattern, so to go with them I have bought 3 part sleeved tee shirts. Trousers at €12 each and t’s at €3. Who cares if I have to throw them away at the end of this autumn/winter season. When I lived in England I was in quite a posh area and used to buy a lot of my clothes from the charity shops. Not quite gucci or versace but deffo Van Dalh shoes and Jacques Vert shirts and I still have a lovely 100% wool Otterburn Tweed jacket (which I have been too big for). Nothing costing more than £5 each.

Have a good day all.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Verano – well done with your blood sugars, that’s great
    Krysia – colleague with the clothes is now a size 10, and confident she will never be “that big” again – she does manage to say it in a way that isn’t condescending when I’m all “whew, more size 16 clothes that fit this week”
    I’ll pass them on to Smart Works when they are too big for me!

Well done Sunshine Girl – amused at the idea of being told off by your wiifit. Why does it think you want a BMI of 22? I will be delirious when mine gets to 25!!!
    I had FatSecret’s error message of “that’s a big weight loss, are you sure” today – I think they have a really simple algorithm – in fact so simple its not an algorithm, probably just weight loss divided by the number of days since you last submitted a weight multiplied by 7!

Having said that, I just took a look at my BMI again
    their website gives the formula for calculating BMI of
    “divide your weight in kilograms (kg) by your height in metres (m)
    then divide the answer by your height again to get your BMI”

Doing that, my BMI comes out at 30!! (well 30.1, but nearly overweight!)
    Using the NHS calculator, which additionally asks your height and gender, it comes out with a BMI of 32.7
    Interesting! difference is nearly 9%
    dual BMI mini goals!

on

Frog, I am 4 ft 11 ins, so a midget but never been much lower than 8 stone, the Wii Fit does that at the end of every weight in, gives you an ‘ideal’ weight and BMI. BMI of 25 will be my goal but not worked that out to weight yet. One day…. My current goal is to get out of obese category.

• posted by Frog
    on

yes, me too Sunshine Girl – I’ll delighted to be “overweight”! – that’s my next mini-goal weight!
    that was why I got quite excited that my BMI was lower calculating myself, but with the NHS calculator, 5 kilos to go!

using the NHS calculator, for 4’11”, the top of your healthy weight range for normal BMI of 25 is 56.4 kilos – 8 stone 12lb
    http://www.nhs.uk/Tools/Pages/Healthyweightcalculator.aspx

• posted by loopylou
    on

Oh to be 8 stone 12!. I’m aiming for 10 and a half stone, which puts my BMI at just inside the higher end of normal, but that’s the weight I was before I had my children and I’ll be thrilled to get there.

• posted by loopylou
    on

By the way I watched the bbd fat vs carb programme this morning, It was quite funny the reporter went on low carb for three weeks and his cholesterol level dropped as well as his weight. His doctor just couldnt accept it was a healthy thing. She said something like “well I can’t see what this diet is doing to the inside of your body , your pancreas, your kidneys”, despite the fact that all his indicators had improved!

on

Frog, I would love to be 8 stone 12 and that is around my goal weight. Loopy, I bet you don’t walk around with your bum trailing on the ground like I do, you will actually have legs. I always say I am not overweight I am under tall.

• posted by Frog
    on

I am under tall – if I was the right height for my feet, I would be AT least 5’10” – and I am sad enough to occasionally calculate my BMI for the height I think I should be!

Drat – bought a salad in Waitrose, read the nutrition, it was only when I went to enter it into FatSecret that I realised that was the nutrition for half a pack. Wasn’t v nice either. Under 800 calories, but 50g of carbs.
    Thought I’d walked 14k steps, then remembered I’d already counted about 1500 of them as yesterdays because I got home at about 12.30 (and the pedometer kicks into the next day)

Found some Probiotic chocolate in Boots, Not sure what the probiotic element is supposed to do, box with 7 tiny bars (13g each, around 70 calories) Ideal if you’re not at the stage where you can buy a large bar and ONLY eat a couple of squares.

• posted by Verano
    on

DAY 5 of 7

Well just three days left of this challenge and the strange thing is that most of us are ‘stuck’ on last weeks carb level! I’m finding it difficult Ito increase my carbs and stay within 800 calories.

Yesterday:
    Calories 776
    Carbs 25.4

Weight loss 0.8lbs just 0.4 to get me to this weeks goal of 1kg.

Blood sugar 5.7 whooppeeeee !!! I think this his actually working. Two 5’s on the run … great!

All this talk about clothes is making me realise that I need to check my wardrobe out too! My goal is to lose another 5lb by the end of the month so maybe I will wait until then!

It’s so good to see that everyone is on track and upbeat! Let’s just keep going or is it
    ‘Keep on keeping on’

Have a good day!

• posted by Verano
    on

P.S. I had a glass of red last night, included in my allowance, and I really didn’t enjoy it!!!!! I think I must have lost the taste for red wine! So maybe I will try white or champers next time I have an alcoholic treat!

• posted by shalimar
    on

Glad you enjoyed ……i’m having a cup of dry white …100 calories!! 🙂 Cheers!!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Verano – you are right that we seem to be stuck on last week’s carb level. I am aiming at 30g but am struggling to get much above 20g. Yesterday 24g carbs 862 calories and another quarter pound drop in weight.

Your blood sugars are brilliant and so is your weight loss. We are all doing so well.

I have also found that my tastes have changed. Yesterday I had tuna mixed with La Roule cream cheese on a bed of rocket. It was divine – I loved it so much I am taking some to work today. It was far nicer than my square of dark chocolate that I used to adore.

Frog – I used the NHS BMI calculator also and it says that 9 stone 7lb is right in the middle of my healthy weight. At the lower end I am sure I will be too thin. I suppose I won’t be able to tell until I get to 9 stone 7lbs.

If I get a a move on I might be able to get 1 0 mins on the exercise bike before work.

Have a lovely BSD day everyone.

• posted by loopylou
    on

Yesterday I had920 calories and 30g carb. I bought some green and blacks chocolate to eat in single squares and then had a bit of a stressful time and it was sitting on the table and I ate half the bar! I am still not entirely in control of what I eat! However I still lost a quarter of a pound today.
    Sunshine girl and Frog you really made me chuckle. Krysia you are doing so well, Berano well done on your blood sugars. I have people coming for dinner tonight. I am planning crayfish cocktail, pork fillet in mushroom sauce, pudding which I won’t have and cheese. I will undoubtedly go over my allowances but will keep it med friendly. And I will check out my red wine tolerances.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Verano- when I’ve had the odd treat – cake, rice, piece of bread, I’ve been a bit ‘mmm, what’ the fuss about’ – not with wine, or good chocolate though. Or champagne (and I am still a bit the same as you with chocolate Loopylou)

I went to a recording of John Finnemore’s R4 program last night, not sure when it airs, November I think, but it has a funny sketch about wardrobe clearing out.
    `

• posted by Frog
    on

Bit of a late night fridge raid last night (watched GBBO extra slice at 1am) Hummus and cheese, didn’t really enjoy it that much. Have still lost 0.3kg though.
    M&S layered vegetables for breakfast/lunch – always been a favourite – have just realised there are potatoes in there.

on

I’ve been an angel again and not had anything naughty – shiny halo. Not lost any more weight, blood glucose this morning 5.6.

Caluculated todays food and come in at 750 cals and 40 carbs. It is always the melon in my whizzy drink that does it but I have run out now. I bought a load when they were cheap, chopped and froze them, but that was the last. Anyway 40 is okay this week.

• posted by Verano
    on

DAY 6 of 7

Yesterday:
    Calories 1106!!!
    Carbs 50!!!

Made a fatal mistake yesterday of not logging my day’s food in the morning just muddled through and the added a couple of glasses of wine!!!
    BUT my averages for this week are
    Calories 864
    Carbs 32.7
    So ok my calories are over and it’s unlikely I can get them down overall in just two days but my carbs are less than the 35g I was trying for.
    Weight the same this morning. I seem to have developed a pattern of I day loss and the next stable. That will suit me!!!

Have the family coming for lunch today, mezze buffet style, so should be able to stay within the plan.

But I have been thinking about where to go from here. Tuesday will be the beginning of week 15 for those of us on the second ‘8’. We would have time for one more 8 week cycle before ‘the day’. Starting October 25th and ending with a weigh-in on December 20th!!

Don’t know who, if anybody, will be carrying on but I realise, that for me, I need smaller manageable chunks rather than looking at the whole picture.

Anyway we have two weeks left before then. Anyone up for ‘Penultimate 7 day challenge October 11th’ ??

Meanwhile, hope you all had a good day yesterday everyone seems to be doing really well.
    Keep on keeping on!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Verano – yes I am up for it and would like to carry on. I also do much better in smaller manageable chunks and have found it much easier to think of it as a week at a time.

Yesterday we had slow roasted lamb shoulder for dinner (not something I would normally eat because it is too high fat, but it was close to sell by date at Tesco and really cheap). My portion had rather a lot of the most yummy fat in it. I felt so full after eating it and still felt absolutely stuffed with food when I went to bed that I was dreading the scales this morning (obviously all the brainwashing from my stints at the Rosemary Conley slimming clubs).

But when I got on the scales I had lost 3/4lb. I am stunned and finally beginning to believe that fat is not the ‘bad guy’. Carbs were a bit low at 19 because the fat from the cream cheese with my tuna at lunch and the lamb at dinner took my calories to 825.

Verano – your averages look good. Averaging it out like that gives us flexibility to incorporate BSD into our lives more easily.

Sunshine-girl – I hope you were up early polishing your halo this morning and that it looks really shiny and sparkly. Carbs and calories are looking good.

Loopylou, hope you had a lovely evening with friends – I bet they loved the food as med friendly food is so tasty.

Frog – well done for the weight loss. I agree about the good dark chocolate – It is still my indulgence of choice, especially since I became allergic to wine (sob sob)

on

Krysia, a bit like Verano I fell into a vat of alcohol, in my case it was vodka and tonic (slimline) which made my halo slip round my neck and my calories to around 1000. Weight increase, now 74.3 (gained 0.3 for the sake of a drink). Must learn my lesson but weekends are so difficult. Hubby always has a whiskey before dinner on Sat and Sun, then he has a couple of glasses of red wine with the meal. I have seriously gone off red wine but know if I open a bottle of white for myself I will drink it, so I have a couple of vodkas instead. That’s it, over and done with, still got 2 days to reach 73,9 and have a zumba class tomorrow evening, that might shift it.

Calculation for today is 600 calories and 9 carbs, that’s bacon, egg, mushroom and canned tomatoes for brunch (250 cal and 4 carbs) and I have trusted the recipe book with the Chinese Duck coming in a 340 cals and 5 carbs. Leaves room for a snack BUT NO ALCOHOL, I have to promise myself, just 2 days and that is all.

Morning bBlood glucose 4.8 (87)

Have a good day all.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Sunshine-girl – your halo is back on and just as shiny at sparkly as before. Your blood glucose is seriously good. You will definitely reach your goal of 73.9. The Zumba class will help. I have noticed that when I do more steps – especially fast walking – my weight drops faster and my blood glucose is lower.

My hubby also likes a glass of whiskey in the evening and a glass of wine with dinner. When I couldn’t drink wine I discovered Bailey’s Irish Cream which I love and doesn’t cause any problems – no matter how much of it I drink. It was lovely in coffee also. I was so shocked when I entered it into fatsecret as it is seriously high in carbs. So reluctantly – no more Bailey’s.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi

Weekends are difficult but I’m seriously impressed sunshine-girl ….. 600 cals and 9 carbs …. that is excellent !! Your b/g is so good you must be really pleased.

I’ve not worked out my food yet but will do it shortly.

I’m not a lover of lamb but do like slow roast shoulder. Yours sounds really lovely Krysia! Glad to have you on board for next week and hopefully longer! Glad you’ve got your head round ‘fat’ . Can’t believe how brainwashed we all were. I think getting over ‘fat phobia’ has probably been the most difficult part of this plan for me.

We are away for a couple of nights next Sunday and Monday. This will be a real trial for me. Think I’m just going to have to keep thinking Hba1c at the end of the month!!!!

Right need to get on with lunch. Catch up later.

Please log in or register to post a reply.