2nd 8 weeks starting Tuesday August 30th

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi 54

A few people say the recipe values are way out. I use the Fatsecret app and I can put my own recipes in which seem to be fine …. providing the database is correct!!!!

Don’t drive yourself nuts! Pick one app or calorie counting website and stick with it. The most important thing really is to ditch bread, pasta, rice, biscuits and cakes etc. Trying to fit them into the 800 low carb diet isn’t really an option.

That’s why I love this eating plan. When I did WW I use to try and fit my junk into the point allocation … no good …. doesn’t teach you anything about eating and certainly doesn’t retrain your taste buds!

I bet if we thought about it we probably all know people (including ourselves)who have ‘returned’ to WW or SW of any of the others. They don’t really want you to lose weight and get healthy otherwise they’d be out of business

• posted by Avila
    on

Played with my own menu – I set a 4 week plan, and after a week I was varying that. Used the example menu as a guideline for principles and ideas.

I don’t use any shakes – real food, and the eating sensation is part of the psychology factor for me, trying to learn new ways of cooking and eating for the longer term.

I don’t track calories precisely – life is too short in my book, lots of others track very carefully though, maybe I am just the lazy one!

I don’t recall a guideline to drink red wine, just that it is part of the Med culture – I have had some but not seen it as a positive, just as a ‘not so bad’.

The Dog talks me for walks so 5000 steps covered there – and usually manage to get to 10000 – if necessary walking on the spot on my rebounder in front of TV if had a more sedate day. No gym sessions or anything like that.

• posted by Verano
    on

Really looking forward to Tuesday …. welcome to all the newcomers. I think we may be as many as a dozen now. Great number and by Tuesday I’m sure a few more people will be onboard!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Jooles

No shakes for me

I tend to adapt my own recipes … I like cooking!

I have discovered cauliflower ( look at the 101 ways with cauliflower thread), courgetti spaghetti and am eating asparagus till it’s coming out of my ears!! Not a great vegetable lover but do like that. Great steamed with a couple of fried or poached eggs on top.

I do weigh and track my cabs and calories religiously using Fatsecret app. That’s not to say I stick to the 800 cals or less than 50 carbs each day but at least I know how far over I have gone on the odd day! Helps to get back on track the next day!

Anyway, do what’s most comfortable for you and your life and welcome aboard!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi joules

No defo not use shakes remember reading a report to say they are composed of the biggest load of low value nutrition as to be detrimental to health, protein powder is ground up sinews etc I prefer to eat proper food in its natural state I know what I’m eating. I track everything 800 Cals and 50 or below carbs on myfitnesspal app. It will demand you to eat more than 800 but just ignore it. It’s based on out of date nutritional guidance but for counting invaluable it also scans bar codes.
    No don’t drink it’s sugar and will activate your appetite every time you indulge. This plan done properly switches of he uncontrollable appetite that most of us here had pre bsd.
    I walk and do the listed strength exercises to prevent for ex heart muscle being used to convert to energy.
    Read the book if you haven’t already done so and invest 8 weeks in what will be life changing for you.
    Hope that helps jan

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Well Jooles here are my answers
    I never do shakes except for the 3 that are in the book, melon, blueberries, spinach and almond milk being my favourite. If you mean protein shakes out of a can (powder or liquid) then deffo not, you need to look at the ingredients, if you can’t pronounce it don’t eat it.
    Never drink the red wine on first 8 weeks as it does not fit into the calories, you are going to be saving all your calories for food. Leave the wine for later. Maybe if you go on the Mediterranean diet later.
    Exercise was a problem for me in the first 2 weeks. I normally swim twice a day for 40 or 50 mins each time (I have my own pool) but found my afternoon b/g levels were getting very low (62 or 3.5) so either had to skip exercise or eat a small amount of yoghurt and a couple of prunes. Worked out that I had to retime when I did it. No good exercising 1 hour before dinner as I was getting hungry and low on sugar. Now I exercise after breakfast, after lunch or after dinner, leaving a bit of time for food to settle.
    I used the recipes out of the book and wrote a weekly menu plan following MMs just changing things I didnt like and tried to make sue I got between 760 and 840 per day. Didnt track the carbs because I was only eating good carbs in the menu plans so trusted it was fairly within the 50 grams.
    That is what works for me but everyone is different and you will find your own way of doing it. Good luck. It does work.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Frog High blood sugar blhhhhhh you smashed it well doneπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ˜€

• posted by 54andfatnomore
    on

yeah sunshine-girl

sounds like me all over

I am prepared to FAFF as going ‘off Piste; in any way never quite works for me

Thanks for the advice

on

hi Verano

yes ww seemed to encourage you to eat bad stuff… as long as you go to the meeting to buy their low fat things…. you’re in

Was a ww person and put on 1stone in 2 years !!! (oh dear)

Better luck here I hope !

on

Thanks Aila

Not got a dog so will have to find a friends !!

hate shakes

My son goes to the gym so I am being brave and going with him 3 days !!

Not too sure on the press ups !

Thanks for the tips

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi 54

The one thing I found really difficult to get my head around at first was eating full fat! Totally opposite to what I’ve done for more years than I care to remember.

Full fat is fine and if the truth be known you really don’t eat excessive amounts of fat …. this isn’t Atkins!!!!!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi JOOLES i dont do shakes tho theres one or two i fancy the sound of..i just haven’t used my cals that way so far. I certainly wdnt do protein powders unless was sure the ingredients were good..i have heard the contents can be a bit iffy to say the least! So far i have preferred solid food as being more satisfying! ( i’ m nearly thru week 7)

No Much as I love red wine,again i prefer my cals N carbs to be in solid food!

I dont do much exercise due to health probs but i want to get into more exercise..building up very slowly. However it hasnt stopped me losing weight..have lost two stone in six weeks. Due an early mornweigh in so maybe more.
    I DO try to keep moving tho as much as poss.
    Many people here are excellent exercisers!!..they walk miles and/ or hit the gym. And lots have got apps to monitor how much they move.

I use mynetdiary to log my cals n carbs. And yes I weigh andmeasure everything. Ive tried to stick to the eight week regime like a stamp to a letter! πŸ˜ƒ

Good luck! X

• posted by Avila
    on

As for the slimming clubs – yep you lose pounds, the Β£ kind. Once a week weigh in and chatter is nothing to the free support we give each other here (and always someone around). The clubs do promote a dependency culture – they need to for the business model.

The only ‘fee’ I have paid on BSD is buying the book, and then I invested in wrist tracker (at a deal price). The only other costs will be new clothes! Though I have a good selection waiting for me to downsize into.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hello to all the new and imminent starters

As a ‘graduate’ πŸ˜‰ who lost more than 15% of starting body weight, I didn’t follow the menus at all, although I read the recipes to get ideas and many people follow them religiously and have great success.

I gave up refined carbs entirely, including sugar (and it took me 6-8 weeks to stop ‘noticing’ that I wasn’t having it in tea/coffee), and simply added various things to my diet, having checked on MyFitnessPal their nutritional content. I used MFP constantly to check where I was in terms of meal planning.

So go-to items were:
    20g of baby spinach as a base for breakfast eggs, evening meals
    6 baby plum tomatoes as my tomato fix in cooking, but also as a treat/emergency sugar rush when eaten s l o w l y
    spring onions as less calorific than other onions
    courgettes – dry fried 150g in chunks is amazingly low in calories and carbs and absolutely delish
    cheese!!!! Feta, halloumi, all sorts – weighed carefully as they’re highly calorific, but also really filling. I ate blue cheese with a spoon as a sort of cheese-cake alternative
    Full fat everything including milk
    breakfast frittata, 2 eggs plus veg plus cumin as spice.
    Chillis! Adding spice to dishes was really fab – have now mastered curry recipes, and more taste in food than ever before
    Add SALT – when you’re drinking lots you get rid of it and you need more or you can feel a bit light-headed.

I didn’t drink alcohol whilst at home, and tried to plan carefully if I was out – drinking lots of water in between few glasses of vino.

I used the following website to get my target percentages of carbs/protein/fat –
    http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com
    and you can then type these in to something like MyFitnessPal.

Because I wasn’t type 2 and didn’t have too much to lose – 10 stone 8 lbs starting, and target 9 stone (ended up 8 stone 10 lbs) – I set my carb target low at 20g per day and tried to hit in any case less than 30g. That’s not easy, but it’s doable, and I am still – on maintenance – sticking to that because, quite frankly, I feel absolutely fantastic doing it.

It’s only 8 weeks, if it’s difficult, just do a day at a time. If you fall off the wagon, forgive yourself and get straight back on. It feels endless when you’re doing it but it IS only 8 weeks and the transformation (looking back) is phenomenal over a really short time

Did I mention MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE as your shape will change even when the weight stays obstinately level?

You will feel great, it works, it works, it works, and hopefully your lifestyle will feel great too.

Can you tell I’m a convert? πŸ™‚

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

What a great post IGOR πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
    Things you ve said here, they were what i was looking for in the ” chat” after the weigh in at Slimming World..but it was uninspiring..just the ” leader going round and asking everybody what they had lost that week..xx

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Thank you Yowzer. And it’s all true!

That’s the great thing about this forum, we’ve all been through it and I still recall all the helpful comments when I fell off the wagon, which made me get right back on again…..

I do wish all the starters and ongoing BSDers all the very best. There is certainly inspiration to be found here – not always easily discoverable on the news or in daily life, it’s so lovely to see it amongst us πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• posted by Indy
    on

Jooles –
    My answers:
    1. Never did shakes – didn’t sound appealing and had previously tried meal replacement shakes w/o much benefit. Agree with others who say you want those cals for food.

2. No booze at all – moderation on such things is not my strength so I went cold turkey. Not easy but VERY glad I did it. The issue is not just what you drink but whether it increases your appetite after. Seriously this was tough for me as most social settings in my life involve alcohol but SO worth it! Convinced this made a huge difference in my results.

3. Walking. Everyday, everywhere I can. Take the stairs whenever possible. Just do it and keep doing it, whether outside (my pref) or on a treadmill. At least 5 miles a day, everyday. I just had to prioritize it and some days I did go out (I borrowed a friend’s dog, no joke) at 10 at night if I hadn’t made it by then. Plus, my walking time is my mindfulness time!

4. Fitbit – best investment I ever made. Tracks exercise and I use the app for water and calories and weight tracking. Love it!

GreenJanet: pretty sure we started at the same time and pretty sure we have almost identical weight loss goals. I’m in for at least 50lbs more so looking forward to doing it together and celebrating when we hit the goal!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

JAN. You wrote “I … do the listed strength exercises to prevent for ex heart muscle being used to convert to energy”
    Are they listed in MMs book? I cant find heart exercises there but really want to find them as i know its imperative to protect our hearts when we’re on such restricted calories x

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Yowser

Dr m talks about protein malnutrition in pages 93- 96 re heart health and other major organs, and in other places in the book he says if we don’t exercise the major muscles, then they gradually, degenerate, and play a part in increasing the insulin resistance. he suggests simple strength exercises, that most people will be able to do some if not all of, in their own way. He’s giving us a guide of what we are aiming for, and not to scare us, but to get the maximum out of what is and amazing plan. Sure you’ve read it, but we all focus on different things don’t we.
    Hope that helps. Goodnight hope you have a good BH😎😎😎

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hehe yowser aka budgie you do make me laugh night night

on

can someone tell me what ‘spelt flour ‘ is… can it be used ?

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Spelt is a sort of wheat flour so ideally not.

You could look at gram flour, almond flour or coconut flour, all of which are within BSD guidelines.

• posted by Frog
    on

Not had any shakes at all – a drink never feels like I’ve eaten a meal
    I didn’t follow the recipes – too much faff and different ingredients, just kept to low cal and avoided high carb stuff, and generally tried to switch away from higher carb veg that would normally have been my first choice.
    I’ve had the occasional glass of wine – mostly white or champagne, but I don’t think I did in the first four weeks (other than one glass on my birthday!)

• posted by hench
    on

Hello, I’ve decided to start this diet next Tuesday ( after the Bank Holiday weekend!) and just popped into the forums. Great that a group is starting on Tuesday – it will be my first attempt.

on

Thanks Igor

I want to stick to the menu plans like mad but was interested in cake !!!

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

54 no cake yet! Not really spelt flour as Igor says – it is an ancient grain, but still a grain.

Most of us do not do shakes. We need to practise real food and it tastes better. I still have some in pantry from an earlier attempt – long use by date)

I agree with Indy about no booze – my bounces have been due to falling off the wagon. Indy I must get off my sciatic butt and get that fitbit!

Igor’s sense and success has convinced me that I have been eating too much fruit – not other bad carbs, but still too many carbs. This 8 weeks I will be STRICT

54 if you look at those who have good success you will get a feel for what works. I am still learning

Good luck to all

• posted by Sherry Martin
    on

I am heading into week 10 having found the first 8 weeks really easy and very satisfying to see the weight drop (4kg) with just 1kg to go but am finding it hard to get motivated into doing any exercise other than the usual around the house and garden type. Suppose I really should do some weights as the “nanna arms” are beginning to wave!
    Off to see the GP next week (six weeks of no Metformin, no cholesterol or blood pressure med) then HbA1C in six weeks with hopefully full bloods to show reduction in triglycerides to help my poor fatty liver!
    I am now 56kg which is very, very low for me (last experienced before children 38 years ago!) biggest incentive for doing this way of eating was to stop the insidious creep of Type 2 Diabetes – I was on the maximum dose of Metformin and heading for an additional medication to be added to my cocktail – that is certainly not going to happen!!!
    Good luck to everyone continuing their journey

• posted by Frog
    on

54 – have a look through Izzy and Lucky’s pots – they have both experimented with BSD friendly cakes

I think one or both of them use https://elanaspantry.com/all-recipes/ for recipe inspiration
    they are both cooking for families though – if it’s just for you, it could mean faffing with teeny quantities – or eating too much!

My cake treat cheat in the first few weeks was Graze (sold by tesco & sainsbury) do a ‘deconstructed cherry tart’ – teeny one portion box of dark chocolate buttons, raisins, sour cherries and pecans. It is 184 kcal & 23 g carbohydrate – so a treat, but doable.
    Waitrose stock Kind bars – not exactly cake, but nut bars with dark chocolate that are under 200 cals and about 16g of carb

on

ok here we go

Scales polished off

START WEIGHT: 21 stone 12 pounds

WAIST SIZE: 57 inches

Gosh !!!

(not been on scales for months !!)

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi54

Well done for ‘laying it all bare’ !!!

I’m waiting until my last weigh of my first 8weeks tomorrow … might just squeeze another 0.5 lb in!!!

What are your goals for the 8weeks?

I think I’m going to have a 4 week goal which will take me the end of my holidays, a 6 week one which will take me to my next diabetic review and a final 8 week one.

Goals can always be adjusted along the way especially if you do better than anticipated!!

Good luck! This is definitely the way to go.

on

Thanks for the encouragement Verano

My Dr has given me a long term goal of 13 stone !!! (eeeeek !)

My onw goal for the 8 weeks….. I would love to lose 2 stone and see where we get !!

Also would love to get more active and a bit of ‘life ‘ back.

Thanks again

• posted by Indy
    on

Congrats 54 for taking the first step and on your first day!

The first few days will be the toughest but it will be so worth it and in a week or so, you’ll be saying, “I can do this for eight weeks!” And every day you stick to it (after the first few!), you’ll feel better and better.

You have exactly the right plan – one goal at a time, one day at a time. I started making changes to my life in January and had a goal of losing more than 7 stone and it seemed impossible. But my first goal was a stone (check, but took months – didn’t do it on BSD), then my next goal was pretty much “just anything as long as it is in the right direction!”, (check, another 2 stone 4 lbs), and my current goal is “the next 2 stone.” When that’s done, the goals will get smaller – but I hardly ever think about it all at once because it’s overwhelming (which is a lesson some kind person on the forum taught me on the day I had lost a total of 2 1/2 stone and professed anxiety because all I could think was, “How can I have lost this much and still have so much to lose?”).

Have a great day, 54, and cheers to taking care of yourself and prioritizing yourself!

• posted by ElCee
    on

Hi, I’m a newbie, starting today . I’m inspired by the fantastic weight losses that are being posted!

• posted by Tizzie
    on

Hi Everyone,
    I’m new to the forums but have been following the BSD principles for the past 12 weeks. I have lost 3 stone so far but have a long way to go so I’ve decided to commit to another 8 weeks of fast 800 starting tomorrow.

• posted by Verano
    on

Welcome!!!

• posted by Avila
    on

3 stone !! Thanks amazing in 12 weeks Tizzie – have a browse around, esp the over 32 weeks thread. Some inspiring long term achievements there. I am only on week 5.

• posted by Imogen
    on

Hi Tizzie,
    good luck with the second eight weeks…and welcome to the forums…3stone is a brilliant result!

and good luck to all the first timers joining the BSD gang🌻

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Welcome TIZZIE! Three stone in 12 weeks is an amazing achievement! Did you find BSD reasonably easy to keep to?

• posted by Jooles
    on

Firstly I want to say a massive thank you to all of you ‘old-timers’ πŸ™‚ that answered my questions – it is really helpful and I was surprised that no-one has used the shakes. I used to make my own ones, rather than commercial ones as I do find them really filling but the protein powder that I use has stevia in it which I really don’t like.

I have a dog, so take regular walks, but think I’m going to go pretty light on the exercise for the time being until I get used to eating so little. I’ve also started using My Fitness Pal to track what I’m eating to keep me on track.

I also thought that I had started on 800 cals last week, but when I was really honest with myself, I realised that I had been pecking at little bits ie a piece of ham here or a slice of salami there … so was probably doing more like 1000 rather than 800. So since Saturday I’ve been super strict and counting everything and stopped the tiny snacks.

It’s going ok so far… but I’m finding that I am REALLY grumpy and snappy. I don’t feel particularly hungry most of the time as I have decided to do 2 meals a day (brunch and dinner) so get 400 or so cals for each one. Has this happened to anyone else? Any tips? I’m officially 3 days in now at 800 cals and I think I may end up in divorce court if this grumpiness continues πŸ™‚

• posted by Indy
    on

The grumpiness will definitely pass, but you are definitely in the worst of it now – you should be through it by the end of the first week. One of the things I found early on is that I just went to bed a lot earlier because a) there was nothing fun to do like sit up and snack and b) because I figured that was safer than annoying everyone around me with my bad attitude but also c) I was sleeping much more soundly!

If the grumpiness continues, you may want to consider going to three meals because that might make a difference – or three meals some days and two others. I never did two a day because I didn’t think I could make it that long without food!

Make sure you are drinking lots of water and maybe consider adding a bit of exercise to get your mind off how little you are eating. Ideally, the exercise can also release endorphins to combat the grumpiness! If you haven’t already done it, perhaps pick out some “test” clothes – things that don’t fit well now, but you’d like to fit into. You’ll be surprised at how quickly they’ll start to fit better and it will give you a concrete example of what you are accomplishing (and sometimes there is more difference in how the clothes fit than there is in the numbers on the scale).

But, yes, it is a big adjustment for our bodies – hang in there!! You can do it!

• posted by Verano
    on

Morning all.

First day of the next 8 weeks and the sun is shining so that’s a good start!

Well in the first 8 weeks I lost 14.8lbs and 3″ from my waist so I’m really happy with that. I have only tried on one top that was slightly skimpy and that fits well now and my even be a little big!! I have a few more that I’ll try later …. fingers crossed they fit too.

My goal for the next 8 weeks is to lose 14lbs.

I am going on holiday next Sunday for 3 weeks so my goal for the first 4 weeks is just 4lbs. Not sure if I can do that but will hopefully not put any weight back on! I will still keep weighing and reporting back here!

Hope everyone has a good second round and first 8 for those just starting out.

on

ok Day 1 over

AFTER DAY 1

WEIGHT NOW: 21 Stone 9 pounds

START WEIGHT: 21 stone 12 pounds

LOSS AFTER DAY 1: 3 Pounds !!

GOSH 3 pounds already

Yes been back on scales and still same !!!

so mini win !! Yes I know its mainly water, yes long way to go. but still very encouraging

(a three week loss on weightwatchers !!)

Enjoyed the food, did a long walk, mowed the lawn (much to everyones surprise)

Fingers crossed for day 2 !

Good luck all

on

Thanks for the support Indy and Verano

I think reading all these posts is a great encouragement for me]

Thanks to everyone

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi all you lovely week 9 ers.
    Well I am at week 9 plus 6 days so I am on day 62, my usual weigh day is Wednesday, but weighed in this morning to join in with all you lovely peeps, and stayed the same as last Wednesday. But total loss so far 33lbs, when I started I had 104 to loose, but I am aware I have gone down in c.m. and this week some of my trousers are now unwearable as falling of all of a sudden, but I have passed down two dress sizes now, and crossed 3 stone barriers. My goal was to get into the fab dress I have for the wedding on Saturday, and that is looking lovely now, dilemma of what fascinators nail varnish eve bag etc etc, ooh how lovely to be able to have a fab choice.

I’m not concerned about maintaining, as I am on holiday and although not eating things I shouldn’t, I am eating a bit more meat etc, too much time to eat hehe.

Goal for end of week 16 I want to loose another 16 -20lbs and hopefully take me down to a size 16, I am of up to Norfolk tomorrow, and yes pedantic Jan will be taking her food weighing scales and my body weighing scales. They are my security blanket I would over estimate without them, and as we are staying in a lodge I will still be able to have my choices. Won’t have wifi very much though so getting onto MFP could be a problem, so we shall see.

I am determined by tomorrow my official weigh day to have a little loss, so I am getting busy today.

Bon chance to you all. 😎😎😎

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi to all, good to be back. I have gained 2lbs since my last weigh in but putting that behind me. I am happy to say that my blood glucose levels are still under 6 each morning so the low carbing continues to work even though I have been a little bit over on calories. The family were all packed off home on Sunday, sob sob, but I will be seeing them again mid October so not so sad. The shopping is in with lots of lovely veg in the fridge and I am fresh and ready to start again.

Start weight 76.2 kg, or 11 st 13.5 lbs, so kept under the dreaded 12 and tomorrow want to have got rid of the 76 and be seeing 75.something. New target is to lose 3kg in the 6 weeks before heading off again, I know it is not a lot but I am a slow loser and I am on insulin which stops weight loss to some extent. My main target is to get my HBA1c down to 6.0 at my next official laboratory test. I reduced from 8.2 to 6.6 at my last test.

One thing about starting the 8 weeks over again is that I am re-looking at weighing and measuring food again. It is surprising how the odd extra gram or two can creep in. As an example, this morning I had the blueberry shake and it says 50g of blueberries. I measured by eye and found I have put in 80g so I quickly put 30 back in the bag. Only blueberries so would not be a disaster but a lesson learned.

So good to be back.

• posted by Carolwadd
    on

Hi everyone
    This is day 2 of my week 10. I have lost 1 1/2 stone (21 lb) – a bit slow compared to some others but must carry on as have about another 40 lbs to lose. However I am not exercising much so that may well have something to do with it – must try harder!

I find the forums very helpful/inspiring and get a lot out of them even though I am not much of a contributor. I am a bit OCD about weighing and measuring – more than I need to probably – but it’s how I am. I too am a past member of WW, Slimming World etc and the one thing I struggled with initially was looking for “treats” I could have. Learned the hard way that doesn’t work! So now in principal I don’t have any unless they are included in the allowed food on the programme. My treats are strawberries for dessert and the odd couple of nuts to keep me going. In general I don’t find this diet difficult and am certainly not hungry.

Good luck everyone.

• posted by Jooles
    on

Thanks so much Indy … you should have a career as a diet coach I think. I really appreciate the support. I’m definitely feeling much better today.

Middle of July I weighed 14st .5lb and started to take control of my eating. I was following the Harcombe Diet from the middle of July which was working pretty well until I took a 2 week break in the middle for a holiday which resulted in a 5lb weight gain. So annoying! On getting back from holiday I decided to follow the BSD because my triglycerides were so high (over 900 – 500 is considered very high, so I have been referred to a lipids specialist in a couple of weeks) I wanted to see if I could get a grip on this diabetes and cholesterol issue once and for all rather than wait to see them.

Week 2 weigh in
    Starting weight: 13st 8lbs (last Tuesday) but properly doing BSD from Saturday
    Today’s weight: 13st 2.7lbs
    Total lost so far 5.3lbs

I’m also doing daily intermittent fasting and not eating until at least 11 and will go longer if I’m not hungry.

Fasting Blood Sugar: Not seeing much improvement yet 8.4 this morning – has been pretty consistently in in the 8’s this last week with one day at 9.3

Today for brunch I had the portobello mushrooms with beans plus a little bit of cheese and it was really filling! Definitely will be having that again.

Good luck everyone!

• posted by LainieUK
    on

I’d love to join this group.

I started dieting on 7th August and incorporated 3 fast days a week where I had half my calorie allowance which was 625 calories. I found that SO much easier than 500 calories. Even thought I’ve had MM’s Fast diet book for months for some reason I wasn’t aware of his blood sugar diet book. So, I purchased it on Kindle and found this site and decided to switch to 800 calories. That was on 17th August and I am LOVING this approach. Thanks to the Fasting, my average calorie intake over the past 23 days is 829 calories so I’ve been pretty much doing this for just over 3 weeks. I’ve lost 13lbs and am delighted. My clothes are loser, yesterday I wore a new dress that I’ve had in my wardrobe for over 1 year to a barbeque and I felt on a high.

So, I’ve weighed in today and here are my stats

Weight : 16st 13.6
    Waist: 43.5 inches (down from 50 inches!)
    My goal for the end of 8 weeks is 15st 11 which is 2lbs a week, but I’m REALLY hoping I can get to 15st 7.

This forum has been so helpful to me and now I have a renewed excitement about the future.

Elaine xx

• posted by Verano
    on

Hello ‘2nd 8 weekers’

Keep going 54!

Jan just brilliant! You’ll feel a million dollars at the wedding and well deserved too! I’m a bit OCD when it comes to weighing too but hey better than guesstimating … that has always been on the wrong side for me. Enjoy Norfolk and just keep weighing !

I can’t believe you only put on 2lbs sunshine-girl. Just shows you can have the odd week off and just get back on the wagon again. Sure you will lose those pounds very quickly!

Carolwadd my weight loss is even slower than your so take heart!

Hi Jooles … new day, new thread new goals. We’ll all get there.

WOW Lainieuk well done glad you’re enjoying this eating plan. It just becomes a way of life. I really needed ‘something’ after lunch today. Instead of raiding the biscuit tin I had 2 squares of Lindt 70%. Did the trick it was wonderful. Think when you stop having sweet foods the odd ‘sweet’ thing tastes so much better so you need less.

Well guess we have all picked reasonable goals for the coming 8 weeks so no reason, with each other’s support, that we don’t make them.

Good luck!!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.