20th Feb Starters

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mariet
    on

The refeeding thing is interesting. I always have about 1000 or 1100 on Fridays and less than 800 the other days and I do notice that my drop in weight most often happens on Sunday. Co-incidence?

Having said that, today I have smashed through the 68 barrier with a drop of 700g overnight! My original target of 68 kg finally achieved and a very happy Mariet here. I know it will bounce back up tomorrow because that’s what I do but this morning I don’t care ๐Ÿ™‚

Now trying for 65 in the next 6 weeks, 2.4 kg so hopefully achievable.

Chelle and LL, I also find exercise difficult but in my case it’s pure laziness. I am home from work by 4.30 but then just want to sit on the deck with a cup of coffee and as the evenings are getting shorter now by the time I feel like moving it’s getting dark and I’m not fond of walking alone in the dark. Was different when my puppies were alive, losing them has had a really detrimental affect on my activity level.
    when I retire the first thing I do will be to get another dog! I miss them so much.

Pod, I’ll be interested if you find a solution because I have the same problem. Chia seeds, psyllium husks, letting nature take its course, finally resort to senakot and then start the whole process all over again.

• posted by Hellyshear
    on

Oh my life I am so excited!! When we started this way of eating I hoped it would work- I’ve lost nearly 3 stone but even more important the results on my HB1 today my level is 37!!!!!! I can’t believe it I’m now in the normal zone!!!!! Not the 48 or 54 that I’ve been in the last twelve months!!!!! It is amazing!!!!
    I’m going to maintain for the next four weeks and then start round 2!!
    Thank you everyone in our group the support has been amazing!!!!

• posted by Chelle1981
    on

Wow what a fantastic achievement

These last 3 weeks I’ve been awful and eaten many many things I really shouldn’t – it’s taught me a massive lesson that carbs really are not my friend and after today I’ve been given the kick I need to get back on this properly-

Today for the first time since starting bSD ate several haribo maoams- I did find then really sweet and sugary and plastic tasting but after stressing about a report for Trust board they hot my through- bad bad mistake- within 30 mins my tummy was gurgling and had to run yo the look- yep Diarrhea – really foes serve me right tho-

Feel loads better now!

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hellyshear what an amazing result! Congratulations! What was the reaction from your GP? Makes the while journey worthwhile doesn’t it?
    Chelle- step away from the haribos ๐Ÿ˜€ although perhaps that is what I need to get things moving…

• posted by Hellyshear
    on

I only spoke to the receptionist- going to speak to my go and suggest I stop metformin then see what bloods say in 6 mths! Still want to loose 2 more stone – first time ever i thought I can really do this!!!!

• posted by pod
    on

Hellyshear, great result, excited for you, very well done xx To beat diabetes is truly fab!
    Mariet, I’m taking Magnesium citrate at the moment, no movement, will try inulin next!,
    I’ve fried flaxseed for about week, no result.. I’m feeling very, very fat and bloated, drinking enough water to sink a battleship, I’m thinking this diet may not be suiting me, but on the8th may I’ll have done it for 11 weeks, then I’m going on hols for 2 weeks and I’ll continue with the principles on hols but add in G and T, I can’t wait!
    I’ll decide wether to do another 8 weeks or 5:2 when I get back.
    I’m convinced that this way of eating is for me, I feel so much better for it, if only I could work out what to do for constipation!!
    If all fails I’m gonna eat Haribos xxx
    I’ll let you know if anything happens!,

• posted by pod
    on

Just had a thought!
    I might see how upping my carbs works, only with fruit and veg of course. At the minute it’s averaging around 22 a day, might try for under 50 and see how that works, I did really want to do BSD till I reach my first target of 10st, but I still have another 40 lb to lose, don’t think I can cope with being constipated for that long! Lol!
    Anybody have any ideas?

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi pod
    Two other things that have worked for me – a brisk 1 hour walk first thing in the morning and a teaspoon of coconut or MCT oil. (I’ve worked this up to 1 tablespoon per day, but it can give you the runs if you have too much to start with, although as you want to solve the constipation problem, that may not be a bad thing. It also has the benefit of raising your ketones).
    I’d also continue on the magnesium citrate (I have 2 a day).
    Let us know how you go.

I’m off for a lovely long walk in the sunshine for about 10km along the shoreline of Sydney heading into Manly beach.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Lornamac
    on

Think the coconut idea sounds good. I sometimes take cascara – it’s an old fashioned remedy I think, available in capsules and works well. From a plant, so not a DRUG!

• posted by pod
    on

Hi Linda
    You are a mine of information! I’ve just read about coconut oil and MCT’s and I’ll try coconut oil. I’ll replace it for the butter I use for cooking and see how I go! I’ll also up the Magnesium to two tablets and hopefully something will work!
    I am totally envious of you! I would love to live near a beach and go for a walk along it in the morning. It’s 1 degree here, 4.30am. The last thing I would like is to go outside, although I do ride my exercise bike fist thing for 10 minutes. Can’t manage any longer in one go!
    I do hope you enjoyed your lovely walk along the beach
    Ann

• posted by LindaA
    on

Thanks Ann
    The coconut oil doesn’t have to be anything fancy, I just buy the unrefined oil from Aldi.
    I’m 15km’s into my walk at the moment and probably got another 5km to go before I’m done.
    I got made redundant from my job a month ago so I’m taking advantage of the time off to be a tourist in my own city!
    Have a great day๐Ÿ˜€
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by pod
    on

Hi Lornamac, thanks for the info. I’ll keep cascara in mind if I don’t get anywhere with the coconut oil.. something will surely work soon!
    Ann

• posted by Marsie
    on

Hi to the “holders”. I mentioned to Verano a while back, on another thread, that I’d just come across an article that said a “good serve” (?) is good for constipation. Perhaps if you read this Verano you might say if you tried it with any success?

I remember those harbour walks LindaA! Beautiful. I’m lucky enough to l live a couple of streets from the Indian Ocean at Sorrento, suburb of Perth. As we are having our driest, sunniest April since our first records, 1800s, my morning walks are coolish but still sunny and stunning. Not doing 20km though, we’ll done you!

• posted by pod
    on

Hi Marsie, you did make me laugh! I’m officially declaring I’m a “holder”!!
    You too live by a beach. Wow, so,so, lucky!
    My nearest beach is the granddaughters sand pit in the garden!
    Oh, and when on holiday, which is only 10 days away!

• posted by Luckylinda
    on

Okay so I will jynx myself when I say this but I have been as regular as clockwork – wink wink – and only 3 days out of the 9 weeks so far have had any issue. When those days happen I take Aloe Pura Colon Cleanse tablets (contains aloe vera and acidophilus) for two days and everything seems to get regular again. **Not to be used too often** I used to drink Aloe vera juice which works wonders but the tablets are more convenient to keep in the house -oh and they contain magnesium also. They are quite reasonably priced and if you only use for a couple days when really necessary – last forever.

• posted by Chelle1981
    on

Linda I am soooo jealous that you live in beautiful Sydney- about 6 years ago I went travelling and lived in park street Sydney- near the AMP tower for 3 months- was just amazing- I love the costal walk from bondi to coogee

All with regards to not bring able to go, what do you eat- I find blueberries and raspberries are good on my morning yoghurt and xl so cherry tomatoes at lunch and then a leafy green like cabbage in the evening

• posted by Luckylinda
    on

Mariet your cruise choice sounds fabulous and please please keep me posted on how it goes – its something I’d like to do in the future and would love to hear all about it.
    A BIG shoutout to Hellyshear – woohoo – that is fantastic result – so very happy for you – hopefully doc will see things in a good light and help you to reduce/eliminate meds. I’m always thrilled when I read about everyones weight loss successes here but when you read that bloods have officially improved – well that is the icing on the cake (which I miss terribly haha). Tremendous Applause for all your hard work!!
    Pod – see my previous post – really can recommend the aloe vera – if you decide to try let me know how you get on. I’m very particular about food/supplements – i.e. vegan, everything organic and very rarely use or recommend supplements – its gentle and does work.
    Although Chelle’s haribo’s could be a viable alternative ๐Ÿ™‚
    LindaA – love your posts – you are an inspiration to all of us newbies – oh and I love the idea of heading to a “manly” beach brings up images of muscle beach haha

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Marsie
    Sorrento is beautiful, many years ago in my early 20’s I lived in Applecross for 6 months before returning to Sydney. I love Perth! It is just starting to get a bit colder in Sydney but the days are still sunny enough to wear shorts and a t-shirt.

Chelle1981, I’m very lucky and I try not to take it for granted. I’ve done the Bondi to Coogee walk a couple of times now and regularly do the Spit to Manly walk and up to North Head.
    Last week I walked around the Watsons Bay area, Balmain (including walking across the Anzac Bridge) and yesterday walked through the bush along the Great North Walk from Mt Kuringai to Berowra. At the moment, I’m doing around 20km per day just for fun. I’m not one to sit st home and watch daytime soap operas!

I often fast through breakfast and sometimes lunch as well and often just have dinner. When I do eat breakfast, it’s usually bacon and eggs fried in butter or lard or coconut oil or leftovers heated up from the night before. If I have breakfast, I would be rare for me to have lunch as I’m just not hungry.
    Dinner is usually some protein and low carb green leafy vegetables fried in butter or coconut oil with sour cream or cream cheese mixed in.
    Remember that I’m on maintenance and no longer looking to lose weight and I don’t eat any sugar or grains at all.
    Hope this helps
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Marsie
    on

Heavens, pod, no wonder you laughed. I left out the most important bit! A “good serve” of kiwi fruit!! Teach me to skip the edit before posting, won’t it? ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

• posted by Theodora
    on

It was funny, Marsie – made me laugh as well.

I think predictive text has a lot to answer for too………………..;-) ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Marsie
    on

Oh, predictive text, Theodora ….. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ I’d spend probably 1/4 of texting time correcting predictive text. I’ve discovered another time waster in texting. No1 son is trying to convince me that the finger sliding method is much quicker than tap, tap, tapping each letter of each word. Well, yes, I’m getting better at it, but find it opens many more avenues for that predictive text gremlin to jump into.

Happy you enjoyed it, pod and Theodora. Good to laugh๐Ÿ˜€

Have a great holiday, very soon, pod. Where are you heading?

• posted by Theodora
    on

Marsie – errrr, don’t even know what the finger sliding method is!! ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜ข

I do try to remember to re-read my posts on here before hitting “submit” if I am using my tablet or phone, as both use predictive text and would have been responsible for some real howlers if I hadn’t edited. Fortunately laptops don’t use it – or at least my laptop doesn’t ๐Ÿ˜‰

Enjoy your holiday, Pod.

• posted by pod
    on

Hi all. Thanks so much for all your helpful comments. What I’ve decided to do is upping the dose of magnesium citrate, using coconut oil.. I think I’ve got the balance of my nutrients ok, perhaps I need to tweak them!,
    My average over the last month is 22 carbs 50 protein and 60 fat.
    I don’t really want to up my carbs, well until tonight that is! I’ve eaten frugally today because tonight I decided to have alcohol.!!
    I had woop! ! Whoop! A Campari, a G and T , a glass of red wine and 2 brandys , omg, but I feel good!, I know, not sensible at all.. 1324 calories and 60 carbs! Hey, I’ll be really good tomorrow!,
    Oh has gone to bed with a hangover, I’m drinking even more water and bopping away to to Magic Tv music videos, sounds of the 90,s.. having a great time and Maybe a little piss.d!, Sorry if I’ve offended anyone.
    Any way, back on the exercise bike tomorrow and being good. Can’t really call it a blip cos it was planned!
    Anyhow, back to the music! I’ll read all your posts tomorrow.
    Luv ANN xx
    PS. Marsie, please dont edit your posts, I haven’t laughed so much in ages! I even googled “serve” to see if it was a term I didn’t recognise!, thanks for the laugh!

• posted by Marsie
    on

Sorry, Theodora, just not thinking, not trying to be smart๐Ÿ˜Ÿ. It was my descriptor of how you do this, keeping finger lightly on the screen for the whole word, slide from letter to letter.

On my Samsung devices, also the centuries old Sony phone I’ve been reduced to for the time being, it’s found under keyboard settings ~ keyboard swipe ~ continuous. I am finding I’m a little quicker even with the errors I need to correct. There are some hilarious substitutions when the word you want isn’t in the predictive text dictionary๐Ÿ˜‚

Hmm, pod, not sure i can volunteer for that! But am sure that some will inevitably slip through๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Luckylinda
    on

I like your style pod – a ‘planned’ blowout is good for the soul – and – in my case at least – makes me more determined to keep on the bandwagon the next day. And like me end up dancing – which is even better for the soul (and calorie burning to boot!).
    As it is weight in Monday I have lost just half a pound but I have learned quite a lot this week. My ‘experiement’ over the past few days has been an eye opener:
    1) I decided to have wheat yesterday – BIG, BIG mistake – night sweats last night (none since starting this) swollen hands, stuffed nose, and belly swelling this morning and the dreaded D ๐Ÿ™ and considering yesterday I had lost 3.5 pounds in 5 days and only .5 this morning I am definately equating that to the wheat. So I think I was right with the 9″ lost on belly loss to be combination of diet and not consuming wheat. I feel like a have a major hangover but without the benefit of enjoying the night before.
    2) I have had vodka/tonic with no bad effect (lots) but wine (red) does change weighing scale next day.
    3) Increasing calories with GOOD carbs i.e. lots of veggies for a couple days a week seems to have increased weight loss earlier this week so I will be continuing to do that.
    4) I actually love eating this way, and enjoy the planning of my meals. What I realised yesterday when going shopping – I subconciously walk right pass the aisles with all the processed food and junk food without even realising – and to me that is the added bonus of this – its amazing how habits form without even realising.

• posted by pod
    on

Luckylinda, it’s unbelievable that wheat could have such an adverse reaction for you… Do you think the weight gain will just be a temporary blip, and with no more carbs the weight gained will disappear just as quickly? I can’t believe a 3.5lb increase in a day will be “proper weight” can it? Anyway, it will be interesting to see how long it sticks, hopefully only a day! Interesting for me, I suspect not for you. Sorry!
    I do hope you feel better soon, a hangover without a great night out is just not “cricket”!
    I too love moving to the beat, absolutely fabulous in the Caribbean, the locals, not me!
    My second bestest thing is walking on the beach. In 6 days time I’ll be on the beach in Turkey, I always walk in the early morning, early evening and back from the bar late evening on holidays. (I’ll kid myself that I’m losing calories on the way back!) The scenery is so fab and the warmth of the sun warms my soul, if I could I would live somewhere hot, sadly money will not allow!

I resorted to senna on Friday night, just couldn’t stand the pain any longer. Anyway it worked, I am no longer a “holder” as Marsie so politely put it! Using some coconut oil, taking a while to get used to the taste, and taking magnesium citrate, also gone back to berries on my yoghurt for a few days..

Anyway good news to report from the scales, lost 4lbs this week, I don’t think it’s all water, as I lost an inch off of my bust,waist and hips!! Anyway, the scales have been showing 12.11 for three days,, so I’m taking it as a loss!! So, weight lost so far in 10 weeks 2stone 3lbs or 31lbs!!!! Superdooper happy pod! That’s nearly a 12% weight loss.
    I started at 15 stone, scooted through the 14’s and 13’s and don’t intend to stay long in the 12’s. Starting to believe I can do this thing!!

I’ve gone through my wardrobe today and put the 20’s and 18’s in a charity bag, got into holiday clothes I haven’t seen for 2 years, so no need to buy any clothes, cos I don’t want size 16’s!
    I’m deliriously happy!! Hope I haven’t bored you all with my extremely long post, but it did feel great to post good news.
    Yay! Onwards and downwards!
    ANN x

• posted by Theodora
    on

Marsie – thanks for the explanation, but my techy son had already shown me how to do it.

Pod, great news on both counts – losing your status as BSD’s Champion Holder and such a good loss this week. Well done.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Theodora, Aren’t techi sons great? Except sometimes the patience he shows is definitely tinged with impatience, at which time I give “the look” ๐Ÿ˜‰ It still works, even though he will be 50 later this year and manages I can’t remember how many people in his day job. Dear man.

pod, I’m very impressed to read your progress (and pleased for you that you are no longer counted amongst “the Holders”). You will feel so great on the Turkish holiday.

• posted by Chelle1981
    on

Hey all- I love reading all the progress you have all made- for the last 3 weeks I have to say I have been pretty awful and had sooo much rubbish that I really shouldn’t have- I e been sticking to yoghurt and berries and salad at lunch but evening meals and weekends have been just off the scale- good news is tho I seem to have maintained the same for the last 3 weeks so I haven’t undone all the good work- again this weekend I went away to Bournemouth and ate and drank carbs galore- no haribos i! Lol

However I’m going dress shopping on 24th June so I have 7 weeks to lose as much as I can!

Happh may all! Xx

• posted by kv87170
    on

Hi All, Sorry I haven’t posted much lately but have been reading everyone’s updates! I’m still going and am happy to report I’ve finally broken my plateau!!! This morning I weighed 65.6kg…yippee. I’ve started intermittent fasting and have increased my water intake. 13 days until my holiday so my new mini target is 64kg. ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Mariet
    on

LL I second Ann that it can’t be fat gain-that would represent thousands of calories so hopefully water that will disappear quickly. Doesn’t help while it’s there and I pity you the bloating and cramps. I hope you feel better soon.

Ann what an amazing loss! Congratulations to you and to KV. So wonderful to dig out the smaller clothes.

Chelle I read in another thread that what you are doing is practicing maintenance โ˜บ when you get there you’ll already have it all sorted!

Marsie, I also use the sliding text and mostly very good but it does make some startling substitutions sometimes. For example, it turned your name into Mansard ๐Ÿ˜€

67.6kg for me today, half a kilo down for the week. Sadly I am still ‘holding’ and even senna is not my friend- even with chia, psyllium and copious amounts of water. Very uncomfortable this morning!

I have finished my personal 1 week challenge of keeping carbs less than 20 but not much effect and may have made my belly worse so upping carbs and cals to include more veges and hoping for relief soon.

Hard to believe 10 weeks down and only 5 to my cruise!

• posted by Mariet
    on

Forgot to say, NSV of a dubious kind, suddenly all my size 14 knickers are massively too big and are moving around in a very uncomfortable way! It’s a bit of a shame really because just before starting BSD I replenished my knicker drawer at a stupid expense. I have them sent from M&S and have done for years so I have to wait until they have one of their postage free sales to get more. It’s a still cheaper than buying similar in Australia and I prefer them to anything I can get here.

• posted by pod
    on

The joys of M&S knicker department!
    Your the first person I’ve heard of that has them exported!
    But seriously, I’m having the same problems, but all I had to do was to go to my drawer and chuck out the big ones and get the next size down out! I have all sizes in nearly everything, not a lot, I just saved things I really liked hoping I would stick to a diet some day!

I do hope M&S have free postage soon, we can’t have them getting too much bigger for you, I dread to think what might happen!!
    Ann

• posted by Mariet
    on

Just a question regarding doctors and ideal weights. Can’t remember if I’ve put l posted my height etc before but I’m 57, 5’2 and currently 67.9kg (10’9). When I saw my Dr last week age said I don’t need to lose any more weight but if I really wanted to go to 65 (10’4) that would be all right but not to aim for any lower. But a BMI of 25 for me is about 62 (9’13) and that’s my current aim. I don’t understand the advice to be happy with an overweight goal, especially as I have high BP and currently high cholesterol. Just wondering if anyone else has had similar advice?

• posted by Chelle1981
    on

BMI is only a simple calculation and doesn’t take into account important info like size if waist- according to BMI calculator I should be about 10 stone- I’ve never been 10 stone even at my lightest and i know that I woukd look ill at the weight even though that would be a BMI of 25 the ideal! Your doctor is probably thinking the same, yiu have lost weight and he can see that and as long as you don’t have a big belly then this is more realistic and ideal for your shape of body- also depends how much yiu Ho to the gym and how much of you is muscle, so you can be lean snd healthy and gave a small wise but if you go by the BMI chart can be classes as obese which is why it should be onky used as an indication xx

• posted by Luckylinda
    on

Woop woop – water water you guys were right – after your posts re water retention I searched web about it and so drank lots n lots coffee (not recommended) as a diuretic and presto back to the loss – yippee – but still bloated (+2 on the belly) and under eyes quite puffy – I think I will ask doc for allergy testing when I see him next. I will say one thing it is not a nice feeling at all especially as I have been feeling really great with this woe – but I guess we will all come across something similar when re-introducing certain foods back into diet. But for now back to basics with hope that I start to feel (and look) better by end of the week. Wouldn’t have thought about water retention – so thanks again for your posts – much appreciated ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by pod
    on

Hurrah for you Luckylinda! So pleased you’re back to where you were! You certainly paid dearly for your experiment with wheat!
    Hope you’re looking great again real soon
    Ann

• posted by Mariet
    on

I’m glad to hear things are s bit better Luckylinda. My mother discovered a similar intolerance in her 50s and independently acted on it with huge relief. When she mentioned how much better she felt after eliminating wheat to her doctor he told he he had thought that might be the case but hadn’t suggested cutting out wheat products because people found it too hard to do! She was a bit cheesed off, felt it could have saved her months of pain and discomfort.

Speaking of my mother, she is 83 and started this woe week after I did so 9 weeks now. She has lost 5 kg and 3 in from her waist and is a very happy lady indeed. When she saw dr again expecting back pats and general congratulations all she got was a grunt. Demoralising

Chelle you ate right about BMI being just a number. I’ve had a think about it and as I’ve still got unwelcome rolls around my waist and a biggish belly I’ve decided to disregard the doctor (again! ) and keep going until I feel happy with my weight loss.

I hope everyone’s having a good week. Onwards and downwards!

• posted by Oh2bthin
    on

Hi all – not posted for a while but have been keeping up with the posts. You all made we lol with your predictive txt & “movement” remedies – Haribo was my fav – having worked in pharmacy for some near 30 years I can honestly say that has never been a recommendation of mine ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m plodding along and quite happy the way things have been going although seem to be sticking for a couple of weeks and then experiencing the amazing “Whoosh effect” clothes are way too big (size 16) and smaller sizes not quite fitting right but so nearly back into size 12 which is making me very happy.

My husband jumped aboard this WOE when he started to see my results and has so far lost 18lbs in 6 weeks and is now the leanest (doesn’t like skinniest) he has been for many a year and is amazed at how little he now needs to eat to feel satisfied and has completely stopped thinking about food constantly – now we are both BSD bores lol.

One think I am finding is I can no longer drink white wine – had a stressful past 2 days at work and came home to a BSD recipe cooked by my OH and a large glass of white wine to help me unwind and I couldn’t believe how sweet it was. I had noticed it last Saturday when I had a glass and sat forcing it down, mentioned it to OH & he went looking for the driest white he could find yesterday but even that was just too sweet last night – so all in all I can only think this is a good thing although I am still enjoying red ๐Ÿ™ oh well……………………happy weekend all x

• posted by Mariet
    on

Nice to hear from you Oh2bethin. I get you with the wine.
    My favourite for years has been brut sparkling. I’ve been at a party tonight and it’s just too sweet. I’m on scotch and soda which I’ve always turned my nose up but it’s hitting the spot tonight .
    Happy weekend everyone. I’m in a very good place- blame the scotch!

• posted by Oh2bthin
    on

Cheers Mariet! Enjoy – think I’ll have a G&T tonight ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by pod
    on

Oh2bethin, so pleased you’re having great results with this WOE!
    I too can understand the sweet thing! I put 2 teaspoons of natural lemon juice in my G&T last weekend, I just couldn’t drink it it was that sweet! I’m now having Gin and soda. Who would have thought!
    Lovely to hear from you
    ANN

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I have started gin and soda as well, tonic is just too sweet. I add a slice of lemon or a splash of PLJ to it if I want something a bit different.

• posted by Chelle1981
    on

I e never liked sweet drinks or white wine much- unfortunately I like red wine a bit too much! Am being good until 20th nay when it’s a friends birthday and not drinking until then! Been good this week ( mostly) and stuck to fruit and yoghurt bor breakfast- salad at lunch and fish and veg or stirfry for dinner- was naughty today and had a cheese scone someone had made- delicious they were but bad- therefore skipping dinner tonight!

• posted by pod
    on

I’m with you on the red wine Chelle1981, trouble is, I find it hard to stop at 1!
    Mixzmatch, what is PLJ?
    Ann

• posted by Chelle1981
    on

Yep with you on the one- if I open the bottle I can’t stop until it’s gone- hence why try and be good!

• posted by Mariet
    on

Good morning all from sunny Sydney โ˜บ

It’s chilly here this morning but looks like it’s going to be a good day. I hope everyone’s had a good weekend and Ann, have a fabulous holiday!

• posted by pod
    on

Mariet, Good morning sunny Sydney! It’s blinking cold in cloudy London, mind you, it is time for bed!,
    Happy Days All xx

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

PLJ stands for pure lemon juice and is essentially just that, but filtered and stuck in a bottle. Drinks go less cloudy with it than just lemon juice, so I prefer it in them, but any lemon juice will do.

• posted by Chelle1981
    on

Morning all- my weight is still slowly moving off- still have a muffin too but even that is smaller- I need to drink more water at weekends- at work I am fine as have water bottle on desk- at weekends out and about I always carry a bottle but if I am in house I hardly drink

I need some new ideas for dinners getting a little bored now- can I have some inspiration please – I hate califlower and courgette-

Typical day for me is breakfast- yoghurt and fruit, lots of water, lunch of salad, usually rocket, ham or a little cheese, toms, pepper and pickled onions with a couple of chopped up strawberries and then dinner is something like a pork chop and cabbage or chicken stir fry, cottage pie made with butternut squash mash or so egg muffins- I love cooking so like new things

Happy Monday all xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.