20th Feb Starters

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mariet
    on

Do you like fish? Baked salmon with roast veg is quick and yummy. Salmon steaks are expensive here so for fish cakes I use basa fillets or tinned salmon, double quantities and freeze the extras. They’re nice cold too. Curries are good, fish or chicken. I’ve just made a beef casserole that’ll do me for 5 meals. Not one after the other!

But it’s chilly here and you’re getting warmer there. Thinking, what did I have in summer… chilled spicy soup? I had that a lot on hot nights. Roasted veg are often even tastier the next day if it’s too hot.

Not sure if any of that is helpful, I’m not a very committed cook ☺ well done on the weight loss, I seem to be on another plateau *sigh* I’ll report in the morning.

• posted by Mamaslim2017
    on

Hi @chelle1981 I’ve only been doing the diet for just under 3 weeks but I find myself making lots of exciting meals that is keeping me going. I’ve set up an Instagram account to share my ideas and recipes so pop over and have a look for some inspiration for dinners. And you say you don’t like courgette or cauliflower? Have you tried a Courgizza (well that’s what I’m calling them), they are DICINE! Doesn’t even taste like courgette and is so tasty at only 261 cals for the whole thing. Instagram: mamaslim2017 xx

• posted by Mariet
    on

Weigh day today and the whoosh fairy has visited me on the right day! I think we’re starting week 12? I’ve lost count. Any way, half a kilo down from last week but that’s after more than a kilo bounce up during the week so I’m a very relieved and happy bunny. I was surprised to see, when I put it in my spreadsheet that I have actually lost every week even if only a tiny amount. Shows how the mind plays tricks because I would have said I have had several longish plateaus in that time but no, just focusing on the negative instead of the positives.

Also this week for the first time I have managed 10000 steps or more every day. Don’t know if it’s helped but it feels good.

Here’s hopping for a good week for all of us 🌟🌟

• posted by Luckylinda
    on

Apologies didn’t weigh in Monday – week has gotten away from me. Down .6kg this week – happy with that. One thing I’ve noticed – after the BIG blip last week which methinks was water weight that the scales are now playing musical chairs with me. Up, down all around – some days 4 lbs up – I keep teling myself that it is the fat cells holding water instead of fat πŸ™‚ which I hope to be true. Very interesting Mariet with the spreadsheet idea – I think I will try that as I’m finding this last week or so am focusing on the negatives rather than the positives. I go for bloods on 18th so hope to be at 75kg on that day which will be 13.2kg down from my start weight of 88.2. fingers crossedxxx am nearly there so as long as I am good this weekend should make that. I’m actually looking forward to seeing doc on 28th for results – I hope all this hard work is paying off health wise – although the weight loss is fantastic once I see BG down I’ll be a happy little bunny

• posted by Chelle1981
    on

Hey all- well done on weight loss πŸ™‚

Question- does salt make yiu retain water? I always thought it did- I don’t add salt to any food, don’t really cook with it either so I only get natural salt- however I”m sure I read on this thread that you are meant to have more salt ?

• posted by Luckylinda
    on

Hey chelle I never thought about it. I never used to cook or add salt to food but now find I add seasalt to everything in fact crave it sometimes. I think I will try cutting it back at bit and see how I go it might help with this up down all around business. I’ve been BSD 12 weeks with no issues on scales except for last couple weeks where i added in some other foods. I’m going to revisit my food diary this weekend and see what changes I made food wise since start and maybe pinpoint what has changed. 4lbs in a day is unbelievable only it is there in black n white. I wonder if others have had this happen?

• posted by kv87170
    on

Weigh-in this morning 64.4kg. Very happy with that as my mini target was to get to 64kg. Since starting this WOE on the 20 Feb I have lost 9.2kg (20lbs). Finally feel confident in my new bikini! Off to Florida on Sunday and trying to get some beauty treatments done as a reward but my son is off sick with a cold! Not going to let this get me down! He’s going to come to the hair salon with me today as I can’t find a babysitter at short notice! I’ll report in after my holiday to let you know what the scales say! Thanks to everyone on this group, you’ve been so supportive and couldn’t have done it without you!

• posted by Mariet
    on

KV, fantastic work, well done! Have a fabulous holiday.

Chelle I’m adding sarky to cooking for the first time because of the lack when not eating packaged food and all the water I drink. I’m not retaining water, in fact my swollen ankles have disappeared after more than 20 years πŸ™‚

Luckylinda, well done on your continuing weight loss! I love my spreadsheet. Dorky I know.

I was stressed about the weight I want to lose before my cruise and I suddenly had what I can only fecund as a light bulb moment- I actually stopped what I was doing to think about it.

Its not helpful for me to set myself a weight loss goal with a time-frame. I can’t control when my body will let go of the weight. I can only control what I choose to eat and drink, and how active I choose to be. So now that’s what I’m trying to do and I think I can wean myself away from my dependence on weighing myself every morning.

Sorry for the long post. That’s been sloshing around in my mind for the past 4 or 5 days, feels good to get it out.

• posted by Allypally
    on

Hi Mariet

you have been reading my mind. have been struggling with setting myself weight loss goals with time frames…….I like what you state – ” I can’t control when my body will let go of the weight”
    I have been really good but then this morning, I seem to have gained 2lb – ????

I think I am getting obsessive about weighing myself every morning and it doesn’t help – I can seemingly lose or gain literally 2-3lb from one day to the next and it does my head in…..
    Obviously if I see a loss, I’m pleased, but then feel negative if the numbers go the wrong way.

I am obviously looking slimmer and feeling healthier, and need to let go of my obsession with numbers – I just need to keep going…..

If the general trend is downward ( which it is) then not helping myself to focus on the peaks and bobbles along the way. “just keep swimming, just keep swimming”

Hope everyone has a great day

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi Allypally, it was just that experience that was doing my head in! Up, down, what should I do, eat less, cut carbs. I’m feeling happier now though it might not last. My mother only weighs weekly and I don’t know if i can do that but today- this minute- I’m content to stick with it and let it happen. Hope it’s going well for you.

• posted by Oh2bthin
    on

Whey! I love this group – like my husband says that me & our daughter are in sync with Mother Nature once a month (and will probably kill him in his sleep on night lol) , I too think we as a group are also in sync (not the killing thing!!) πŸ™‚ Or is it just this WOE? We all started at the same(ish) time and our bodies/minds are reacting in also the same way. I love how we all dip in and out, share, encourage and sympathise with each other – KV so with you and the appreciation for the support – hope you have a fab holiday!

These last 2 weeks the scales have been up and down reading the same 4lbs(Nod to LuckyLinda), yesterday I was sure I had lost as I felt “skinny” stepped on the scales this morning and was exactly the same – stepped off not caring – I felt great, clothes are loose(r), people are noticing……….why does the scales matter? So Mariet & AllyP count me in with not getting obsessed with the flickering red number on the scales. Yes it’s a great tool to help keep in check but when you know you’ve had a good week on the BSD and it doesn’t immediately show we should have faith to know that this WOE works and the woosh fairy will catch up. As for the salt thing LindaA’s advice has never been wrong and appreciate it πŸ˜‰ I crave rock salt now and add it to everything – with all this water we consume it only makes sense that our bodies require it.

Off to put the kettle on…………..

• posted by Chelle1981
    on

Thanks for the info linda- knew yiu would be here to set me straight πŸ™‚ just sooo knowledgable on bSD πŸ™‚ xx

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi Allypally and Mariet — you don’t EVER have to weigh yourself if you don’t want — I’ve gone a year plus without getting near those abusive scales and lost all I needed and am maintaining fine.
    I really had had enough of the tyranny of the numbers — it affected my ability to stay the course and made me crazy because I was so depressed when the numbers didn’t go my way. It became obsessive in a bad way.
    I used an old fashioned tape measure and it was fun logging my “numbers” and it always seemed friendly and easy — I lost over 12 inches at my waist — can you imagine what my waist used to look like!!??!
    I’m size 8 now — and I still don’t know what I weigh!

• posted by Chelle1981
    on

Anyone in uk watching Michael Mosley sleep- very interesting the impact that sleep deprivation has on blood sugar and cravings for carbs!

• posted by Chelle1981
    on

Well done California – I too do not weight myself! I don’t own scaled because I know I will become a scale addict!

• posted by Mariet
    on

Nice to ‘see’you again Oh2bethin πŸ‘‹ and yes it’s great to be free of the tyranny of the number on the scales.

Californiagirl, getting there and maintaining is a marvellous achievement and you are so right about using other yardsticks to go by. I seem to be a failure at measuring myself, hardly any change only an inch here and there it seems to me but I’m down 2 or 3 size so I an going on clothes fitting or not.

And have started doing planks to try to tighten up tummy muscles. I thought I had good core strength but to start off I could only manage 20 sec! Now up to 30. Not brilliant but an improvement πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I lost something like 30 pounds before I saw a single inch of downward movement in my waist measurement. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Bodies are weird.

• posted by Luckylinda
    on

Yeah Esnecca bods are defo weird but gotta say am luvin’ this new woe bod – and if keep it up I I’ll be rockin’ πŸ™‚ One thing I will say about scales tho’ – I NEED to keep an eye on every day – if I had previously – I certainly wouldn’t be the size I am now. I think it goes with everyone’s needs – I need to keep a watchful eye – others need to just see how their clothes fit. Whatever rocks ye boat. I absolutely LUV your posts – each and everyone of you inspire me – and help me along the road that we are all travelling. Am so glad to whatever the gods that be that you all started when I did – we rock guys – and I hope we keep rocking for a very long time πŸ™‚

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I’m with you on the scales, Luckylinda. I spent almost two decades avoiding anything remotely resembling a scale as my weight climbed up and up. Denial ain’t just a river in Egypt, as the saying goes. Now I check in every morning, and even though anything other than steady downward movement can trigger an emotional meltdown far out of proportion to its significance, it’s still worth it to me.

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi everyone! *Looks around* anyone here?

Check in day for me and posting my first gain for a week since starting in Feb. 0.3kg up. Oooh well. A centimetre off here and there and clothes fitting well so I’m taking comfort from that. Its silly but every time I put on my size 12 jeans I am expecting that it was all a mistake and they’re going to be too tight- happy feeling again every time!

Chelle and Luckylinda how are you going?

• posted by Luckylinda
    on

peek a boo πŸ™‚ am just round the corner hovering mariet – that’s not a ‘bad’ up and you’ll fid it down again. Are you still holding to 800 cals per day. I’ve increased my calories last week was so hungry for some reason and just ate and ate but it was all BSD foods so holding steady – not sure if I will hold to 75 for thursday which was my mini-goal but miraculously my waist is still decreasing – so something is definately working on the inside. One thing I’ve gotten very good at is substituting crunchy low carb alternatives for when I fancy it. Poppadoms with guacamole 3 carbs, using gluten free high protein wrap as a pizza base 11 carbs – okay so not exactly pizza we were used to but deliciously sinful tasting without the sin heehee. I keep them as treats for weekends. Time has gone nowhere – it’s hard to believe it is nearly 3 months since we started and remembering back to the start I thought 8 weeks was an eternity πŸ™‚ amazing how things change. Hope everyone is still keeping well and strong

• posted by Hellyshear
    on

Hi all
    I’ve been trying to maintain as a bit of a break from the 800 but still following this WOE. Now in size 16 after being size 22 ! Not been size 26 for 20 yesrsπŸ’• I’m going to start round 2 on the week beginning 5th of June to try and loose 1 and half stone more!! Still feeling great and live reading all the posts x

• posted by Chelle1981
    on

Hey all- yep I’m still here- tell you what, I’m a pro at this maintaining! Lol it’s my own fault tho as haven’t been sticking with 800 cals- breakfasts and lunches are good- prob drinking more milk than I should which ups calaroies and evenings have been very hit and miss, especially last few days- work got hit by this cyber attack so since Friday been manic and stressed and then WW2 bomb was found and shut off my usual way to work so last night took 2.5 hours to get home and this morning 3 hours to get to work and then still mayhem at work!

phone broke and not covered by warranty and therefore need to buy new phone for Β£250 –

Still I plod on – to top it off woukd be mums birthday on Thursday so a,ways a tearful stressful week πŸ™

Onwards and upwards

• posted by Mariet
    on

Oh Chelle what a week!well done you for maintaining under all that stress!

Hellyshear isn’t it a great feeling to be able to wear smaller clothes. It sounds like you are consolidating your loss. Maybe having that break is a good thing. My loss has allowed remarkably and on the FB page they recommend a break between rounds. 3 sizes smaller is amazing, do you do a double take when you catch a glimpse of yourself in a shop window?

Thank you Linda, small loss today so maybe I’ll crack the 66,s this week. I haven’t dared try poppadoms yet but after years of whining that I don’t like celery I’ve found that the stick with hummus have a very satisfying crunch.

I’m still averaging 750 to 800 a day and 20 to 30 carbs and not finding it difficult. The exercise continues to be a daily struggle but now hitting 10000 steps more often than not which is my triumph.

Gigs luck with the coming week everyone. Chelle I Hope you get on ok.is a tough time remembering your mum. Thinking of you.

• posted by Chelle1981
    on

Thanks mariet- yes it has been a particularly stressful long 4 days- I remain positive that things can only get better- also pleased that not actually put on any weight as although I have eaten lots of carbs, breakfasts and lunches I try and be good and today I have really drunk water instead of stress eating!

I had fish green beans and tomatoes for dinner but I know I’ve had high carbs the last few weeks as I’ve been eating satsumas- trying to limit them but I love them sooo much-

It’s the one thing I struggle the most with on BSD is limiting fruit- I miss pineapple and I know in the summer I will eat nectarines and peaches as even the thought of them makes me salivate! I’m one of these people who would always choose fruit over chocolate- I’ve decided though that rather than make myself miserable and deprive myself I will eat the fruit I want but in serious moderation. Before BSD- I would buy a punnet of rasps and eat them in literally 5 minutes- now I limit myself to 5 rasps a day in my youghurt!

Well done of the big losses too- I’m getting comments at I look really healthy and my waist is slimmer πŸ™‚

• posted by Luckylinda
    on

So went and got my bloods done this morning will be a week before I know the results. Was really put out by the nurse who told me that regardless of my ‘diet’ that T2 is a progressive illness and diet alone won’t do it. Let’s hope I’ll be able to put two fingers up next week πŸ™‚ and of course I mean v for victory haha

• posted by Chelle1981
    on

What a cowbag – maybe you should tell her to do research before she makes comments like that….

Today would have been mums birthday- I entered a competition to win a wedding dress, it was drawn today, only gone and won! A very fitting tribute- had a proper sob today and a bloody big glass of wine!

• posted by Luckylinda
    on

Ah Chelle how beautiful is that – you definately can believe she is looking over you (and probably wishing she could join you in that big glass of wine πŸ™‚ )

• posted by Luckylinda
    on

Happy Saturday everyone πŸ™‚ So something very funny and GREAT happened in the shower this morning – found a very hard lump – Got massive fright thought what the f$*&!!!!? Checked again – it was my ribs – hahahah – no longer covered in layer of fat – oh happy days – don’t get me wrong – still lots of layers of fat to go – but that was the most shocking and wonderful sign yet that this is actually working. Hope everyone doing okay :):)

• posted by Mariet
    on

You won a wedding dress!!! How fabulous! How long is it since you lost your mum Chelle? If you don’t mind saying. It was my dad’s birthday last month, he died 25 years ago but I still miss him so much. Anniversaries like that are so hard.

Luckylinda congratulations on your re-emerging ribs, a real NSV πŸŽ‰ I find myself lying in bed running my hand over my hip bones that have been covered in lard for years but are now able to be felt. Good feeling ☺

I went shopping yesterday and spent nearly $500 on clothes for my cruise- all either size 10 or small. Couldn’t believe it. I hadn’t meant to go crazy like that but everything looked so good for a change and sales were on.

Scales are not being kind but keeping on keeping on and have resorted to senakot for my ongoing transit problem and feeling serene. Have a lovely weekend!

• posted by Chelle1981
    on

Yes mariet- I’m sooooo happy- just need to shift a bit more weight before ordering dress- latest I can order is September so have another few months to shed some fat! Lol

It will be 4 years in August since mum passed away and it’s still one of the hardest things to overcome but my mum was always a positive, happy person who always said you need to smile and laugh everyday- this is just the tonic to life and when my chips are down, this is what I do!

Well done on the size 10 clothes- don’t think I’ve ever been that small! Nice that you’ve treated yourself and will look and feel fab on your cruise xx

• posted by Rob
    on

Well I started 4 days ago, starving !!! I’m 44 and doing this to live longer instead of munching on the usual addictive food choice

What I would do for a burger eh!!

how has it gone for every one starting on the 20th Feb??

I do hope that it is a sustainable diet

• posted by Mariet
    on

Welcome Rob, this is a great way of eating after you get through the first week or so ☺

I’ve been doing it since 20 th Feb and have lost 11kg (22lb) but even better, gone from size 16/18 to size 10/12. I’m not diabetic and changed to eat this way for health and vanity lol.

The benefits that I didn’t expect have been vastly improved sleep and wellbeing. Now I don’t think I’ll ever go back to ‘normal’ eating.

Make sure you drink lots of water, more than you thought you could, it makes a huge difference. Are you diabetic or pure diabetic?
    Some people get flu-ey or headaches in the first week but it passes in a couple of days. Try to resist the burger! After a short while the cravings get less then disappear or so most of us have found. I no longer want then even when my shine son loads his plate with toast, rice and pasta- and I had those things every meal for 50 years ☺

Let us know how you get on, these boards are full of support and advice if you want it.

• posted by Mariet
    on

I should have said, are you getting lenough fats? A little olive oil sprinkled on your veges, full fat dairy, avocado, salmon. These things will help you feel full for longer. Its hard to believe but these days I find it mire difficult to eat the whole 800 cal a day.

If it’s too hard, ease into it the first week by eliminating the bad carbs but don’t worry too much about the cals. Lots of people have lots huge amounts doing that. One who is no longer on the forum was Bill. You can search his thread from the top right hand search box, ‘ This has to work for me’ it’s an inspiring record of his weight loss.

Good luck.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

You can still have a burger. Just pick lean beef like sirloin instead of the greasier ground round or use ground dark meat turkey. As ever, portion control is key. A quarter pound of ground sirloin is 188 calories. A half ounce slice of cheddar is 54 calories. Mix a splash of Worcestershire, salt, pepper, any other spices that suit you (I’m partial to garlic power and smokey paprika) in with the beef, form it into a patty or even two, if you happen to like them thin and crispy. Cook them in a pan or on the grill, melt the cheese on top and serve either by themselves or on pieces of firm lettuce like Romaine. Some parmesan-coated zucchini chips on the side and you’ll have yourself a thoroughly satisfying burger meal that easily fits into your 800 calories a day.

If you’re really keen on having some sort of bread-like item for the full burger experience, you can try some substitutes like keto bread or cloud bread. It’ll increase the calorie count, of course, but no carbs and it’s still doable.

https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/the-low-carb-bread

http://www.aspicyperspective.com/best-cloud-bread-recipe/2/

• posted by Mariet
    on

I checked in this morning but somehow lost it so this is the short version πŸ™‚

Stuck to all my goals over the past week- 3L per day, check! 800:30, check! 10000steps- well, 6 out of 7.

After hovering between 66.9 and 67.6 since the beginning of May, a drop last night down to 66.4kg, my lowest weight in about 15 years. Another centimetre from my waist so it’s all going in the direction, even if a whole lot more slowly than I would like.

I’ve not been in ketosis for a couple of weeks, coinciding with the plateau & I couldn’t understand it because previously I have been for 12 weeks and hadn’t changed anything. Then I realised it’s been since I drastically upped my dose of Metamucil, which hasn’t done it’s purpose anyway. On checking it’s stuffed full of aspartame. So that’s stopped πŸ™‚ Now have plain psyllium husks and have bought some Magnesium citrate, as recommended by Linda a few weeks ago so hopefully that will kill two birds with one stone.

Hope everyone has a good week.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Mariet
    Good luck with the magnesium citrate. I take 2 a day which seems to do the trick, although we’re all different!
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Luckylinda
    on

Weigh in Monday (although it is tues morn) down 1.4kg – that point 4 is very important hahaha as every little helps.

• posted by Oh2bthin
    on

Hi all – just checking in, been off on a mini break to the very beautiful Isle of Skye πŸ˜„ Had fun packing for the trip and managed to pack & wear clothes that hadn’t seen daylight for a long time – felt so good. Also have managed to drop another 2lbs – well chuffed!

Hope all are doing well x

on

Yay oh2bthin and Mariet!! Good work and well done for you both! I’ve always wanted to go the Isle of Skye o2bthin, do you have any recommendations?

• posted by Oh2bthin
    on

Hi Californiagirl – yes absolutely, if you can get booked The Three Chimneys is my favourite place on Skye but this was a very last minute trip and unfortunately no room at The Three Chimneys this time but we stayed in a very nice Boutique Hotel with only 9 rooms and it was @ the lovely Toravaig, where we were very well looked after. The kinloch Lodge is also another favourite- food is amazing πŸ‘

on

Thank you so much for the suggestions o2bthin! I will note those down for future reference! My OH goes to Ireland every 2 months or so and we always fly through London so every time we go I try to get a few days in beautiful England/Wales/Scotland — it’s a great excuse for a short holiday! 😊

• posted by Rob
    on

I have to be the first to state the obvious…..there are only 2 types of people on this planet ( could even include the astrophysics people and say the universe ) those who are Welsh and those who wish to be….so I would always goto Wales. However Ireland comes in at second best,

Isle of Skye , a beautiful place went there once when I was younger, it was the time when you crossed the river by a person pulling a pullie ( think it has been replaced by a bridge now ) how could any one lose 2lbs there with all the haggis on offer???

I have been on this diet now for 7 days and following the menu ( verbatim ) and I am starving , but I have done the calcs on the weight loss and if I do this for a further 14 days I will be the same weight was when I was 18 years old 70kg but I have to say I went to approx 90kg ( hooked on cakes, biscuits, crisps, chips…..mmmmm the good food ) I don’t think I can do 14 days but will do 7 and then prob fail trying to do the 5-2 diet ( my Darwinian ancestors must of craved sugar so badly ) I am not diabetic but I was on a fast pass to it ( going back to my Darwinian belief….there is only one race The human race but Wales is still the place to be ) and before anyone points out the following,,,,belief/faith means:- believing with no evidence! I do have evidence that Wales is the place to be ))))

I am inspired by the posts and it’s amazing that there is so much support avail ( anyone got a cookie???))

And even tho I am one of few ( Welsh ) I hope I don’t have the ad hominem treatment

For the record avacardo tastes lovely ( revolting for the first time )

So hello to all

Y deiet yn gwneud un deimlo cymaint yn well x

• posted by Luckylinda
    on

Avocado – Smash, add juice of half a lime, chopped corriander, chopped spring onion, chopped tomato, garlic, salt n pepper and a sprinkling of chili flakes (for a bit of a kick!) Yum and add to anything πŸ™‚
    For the record, am a bit of a nomad i.e. lived all over the world and find myself in Ireland to me Wales a close 2nd hahahaha

• posted by Rob
    on

Wales a second, I am in shock

So travelled the world, which regiment was you serving in

Best place you been too ( not incl wales )

Love the nomad word ( we all were once hunter gathers, explorers then we settled

Next time I eat chillie – will be either in my Indian, or Chinese

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi Linda, I am hoping the magnesium gets me on an even keel, early days yet. I’m taking 2 morning and night! Still waiting but we’ll see. One thing, back in ketosis one day after stopping the metamucil so clearly that was the culprit.

I’ve only been to Wales once, it was beautiful, we stayed in a farm among hills in ?Abergavenny. We spent a few weeks traveling from south to north but the farm and that area is what I loved most. My daughter is a real fan, she spends time in Wales every time she is in the UK.

Still plugging away here, gradually going up from my lowest weight 😯 hopefully when the magnesium kicks in that will change.

• posted by Luckylinda
    on

I moved to Galway Ireland a year and four months ago – and I have to say am absolutey loving it. Hope to retire here or paris not sure yet. My french pretty good but a very expensive place to live! Mariet have you tried adding cacao nibs to your yogurt? They are full of magnesium, iron and fibre. Gives a bittersweet chocolate taste – I love it and good for you also. When is your cruise? As I said before I really truly want to hear all about it – something I’d like to do – relax and see places from a different view point.

• posted by Chelle1981
    on

Hey all- blimey been a scorching day for uk standards today- 28c! Shame I was at work- feel like a camel today- drunk a ridiculous amount of water and feel good- I did have an ice Lolly too- a fab- not had one in years- did find it sweet

Bee living on salads this week and can feel a difference- finally got my mojo back!

• posted by Luckylinda
    on

I posted this separately yesterday –

The result is in…. OK wait for it…….. Hold the breath in suspense….. 19 Feb H1c 54 ..
    25 May H1c 40 yep you read it correctly NORMAL πŸ™‚
    Three months and no longer labelled diabetic and best of all I don’t have to take meds oh happy day! 8 weeks fast 800 and 4 weeks 5:2. Will continue to eat 5:2 for the future to lose rest of excess weight but much slower.

The best I had hoped for was a pre-diabetic reading but this is brill! I can’t wait to go into that nurse that told me it was progressive and no diet would work nah nah nana nah!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.