2018 A HAPPY NEW YEAR; MEETING GOALS WITH GREAT GOOD CHEER: 4 wks ending 23 Jan

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JackieM
    on

Oh my god, just seen I have a thigh gap! I’ve never had one of those IN MY LIFE. I thought they were a myth!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Haha, Jackie, these moments of revelation so far out weigh any momentary
    sugar high from a piece of cake or it’s equivalent that it becomes ludicrous
    to even see it as a choice any longer! 🙂 🙂 🙂 Enjoy it all – you’ve earned it!
    Nothing ever felt as good as removing wide legged trousers from the closet
    and replacing them with skinny pants and leggings. I’m so happy for you!

Allie

• posted by marie123
    on

It’s a sign, Allie – I was just (minutes ago) wondering whether to chuck out 3 pairs of wide-legged trousers out as I’ve now got my leggings. I’m going to do it!

Jackie – wow, that is impressive! I’m about to go out shopping for the ingredients to make your biscuits – got your message about maybe changing ingredients around. Will see how it goes.

I’m going to be off-line until Tuesday now so all the best for the weekend everyone.

nb
    Allie, You mentioned on another thread about recommendations for iphones – I’m afraid I can’t help as I don’t own one – but would love to see your work when you get one!

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi Allie, regarding iPhones, in case you haven’t had enough critiques 😁, I have a 6 which I suppose is a bit elderly now. I find it easy to use and it takes great photos. Previously had a Samsung 6 and not so impressed with the photo quality. My OH has an iPhone 8 and I must admit that the photos are spectacular- the price is more than I would be willing to pay though.

Day 9 of my strict reboot today and I must admit i am disappointed. The same wild jumping between 63 and 64kg with no rhyme or reason that I can see- unless I am retaining water in the heat. Today is tipped to be 44, I was driven inside by heat at 7.30 this morning. Anyway, hanging in there.

I bought a tentative dress for my daughter’s wedding the other day. I’m very happy with it, off the shoulder pale blue A-line. I haven’t bought a dress with a waist for as long as I can remember! I’ll be happier with the fit if I can lose a couple more kilos so that’s another reason to KOKO.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Thank you, Mariet! I actually haven’t received any recommendations re
    iphones, and it was a serious question 🙂 Thank you!! We must be living
    in alternate universes at the moment. It’s -14C here and you’re seeing
    100+F. A wedding on the horizon is very exciting! When is your daughter’s
    wedding day? ( I always retain fluid with heat and humidity. It seems
    counter intuitive to drink even more water, but it seems to help)

• posted by Natalie
    on

Allie I have an iPhone 6 and love it, I didn’t say anything because I am so non-expert I don’t really have anything to say other than it seems good to me… I’m sure it has many many features I don’t know about, I just ask my teenage daughter if I need to know how to do something.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Thank you, Natalie! It seems that people are mad to purchase the “latest”
    iphone, some going so far as to stand in a line all night to get their hands
    on one, and I didn’t want some smug clerk to talk me into believing that
    I need something more elaborate than I do 🙂 Figuring out how to use
    it will be another matter….No children or grandchildren!!!
    I appreciate your input very much, thanks again

allie

• posted by JackieM
    on

AllieCat 😄😄😄😄😄

Marie – So agree about the clothes. I had size 14 I was squeezing into (really a 16 I think but in denial) so when I went down to a 12 they all still fitted but were baggy. The day I bought a non baggy jumper and wore it really brought home how well I looked. Now size 10 top and bottom and people only really noticed once I wore clothes that fit. Not that I’m too bothered about other people, but I do love catching my own reflection to check it’s still real!

Meanwhile I can report a 200g loss from yesterday, on a restricted eating time (10.30am – 7.30pm) and reduced carbs but not calories as I had a cheese and peanut fest nibbling through 5-7pm. Stopped self eating dinner as result. Breakfast fried spinach/mushroom/courgette and cheese, lunch steak with garlic butter and watercress. 2 pieces 90% choc in there too and raw cream in coffee (3 tablespoons in total, maybe a bit more). Still drinking a fair amount of water. So, 59.8kg it is! 😁

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Allie, I’m perfectly happy with my iPhone 6 too 🙂 I haven’t had a new iPhone since 2011 – my son almost always upgrades to the new iPhones when they come out and he gives me his “old” one. I’ve been using this iPhone 6 since September 2016 and have no problems with it. I take photos, post to this forum & Facebook, do my banking, shopping online and manage emails on it! I only use a computer at work really, the rest of the time I use my iPhone.

• posted by JackieM
    on

Allie – my daughter is very happy with her iPhone 7, though she does mutter about glitches. I’ve got an iPhone 6.s that is fine. I think her camera is better. My daughter (13) has a lot of thoughts on this subject and the latest one (iPhone X?) seems a bit gimmicky, with face recognition – not necessarily worth the money.

We are an Apple family because the family sharing option works for us, but if you aren’t going to use that function might be worth looking at other brands, which I understand are better but without the marketing.

My friend has a Samsung which seems amazing, and less likely to fall over. She works on a nature reserve and takes fab pictures with it.

• posted by Mariet
    on

I agree about well fitting clothes. Even after losing more than 3 stone (and I am short so it really shows) no one really noticed until I bought smaller, properly fitting clothes. And I have also been known to check myself out in shop windows etc, just for the incredulous pleasure of it.

Allie, I have drunk the dam dry today, 3L water before lunch and another litre this afternoon- but without the expected visits to the loo. Either the heat is dehydrating me more than I thought or I am indeed retaining fluid. It was 44deg (110+F) today where I live and even with all the air con going the house felt uncomfortably warm. I think I’ll forgo weighing until after this heat wave is over, save myself the angst 🙂 I honestly cannot imagine the cold you’re experiencing, winter mornings here might get to -1C a couple of times a year and I whinge about that.

My daughter’s wedding in is June; she is 28 and they seem to be doing all the arrangements themselves so I think all I have to do is show up and utter encouraging comments as appropriate. It is exciting though!

• posted by Marsie
    on

Hello all, didnt manage to get online at all yesterday, so lots of catching up to do. Looks like some ups and downs but overall, positive. I’m feeling lethargic and bloated both yesterday and today, scales reflecting that. Thought i was doing OK with liquids but am consciously upping that today. Better hope we find a seat on an aisle when we go in to cricket this evening😉 (BBL, Natalie. The Scorchers are our team).

Another weigh-in tomorrow, another week gone, hope some weight goes with it. MFODAAT

• posted by Natalie
    on

The Sixers are playing tonight too, Marsie, but in a different game thank goodness. Maybe we have a chance against the Hurricanes!

Mariet a daughter’s wedding would be a very exciting event. My daughter is only 13 atm so that won’t be for a while, but when it does happen I plan to play every tearjerker “daddy’s little girl getting married” song I can find to make my husband weep. Butterfly Kisses is a good one.

• posted by Mokovex
    on

Morning all,

Not posted for a while as routine went to pot over the school holidays. Kids all back today so I’m back on it. Remarkably, only put on a couple of pounds over the holidays! Thrilled as was by no means a saint. I skipped breakfast each day which I assume helped. Hubby remarked that he saw me not totally clear my plate on a few occasions and even chose not to have pudding a couple of times as I was full. I WAS FULL! Before this WOE I never felt full. I was so metabolically broken that I always felt empty.

It is good to be back even if a little late.

Allie- I have just switched from Samsung to iPhone, have got hubby’s old iPhone 6s. I love it and don’t think I could go back. This is mainly because I have an iPad and a Mac and the integration is good, also the family sharing of apps works for us.

• posted by Milalin
    on

Mokovex, like you, I’ve felt full at times too! That really hadn’t happened in years! Also an Apple family!
    Hi Everyone, my routine has also gone to pot, with a second admission through the ED last night. It’s been a struggle to get food in hospital that works, and the place is full of chronically ill.
    Luckily I had the forethought to grab a bag of cherries, a sml spc fruit pot and almonds on the way out the door to emergency . I was offered white bread sandwiches last night. I ate a few almonds and 1/2 my cherries and the protein fillings of the sandwich . A full on carb Brekkie arrived with more white bread, marg, jam, weetbix and juice . I asked for egg , none available, so they brought me another sandwich, so again I ate the protein filling and a few cherries. Lunch came late as I was to move to the ward so the same type of sandwich appeared. Again I ate the filling, this time it was accompanied by a sugary cordial and sugar jelly. Which I threw out. The lady in the bed opposite heard me going on and next thing her daughter had bought me a vege quiche and tea. She wouldn’t let me pay and I thoroughly enjoyed it minus the pastry. Wonderful people!
    The evening meal came … 1/2 the bowl/ plate was a huge amount of white rice, with sml mixed veges and some sort of pork in an attempt at sweet n sour type gravy. Btw the meat was 1/2 fat! Accompanied by juice and icecream! I showed the nurse and said it was basically inedible and that I needed high protein and no sugar. Eventually another meal came , of which I ate the beans and tinned peaches. The pork was cut into 1 cm cubes of the same fatty pork. Drowned in a salty brown gravy. Something essentially poisonous to renal patients! You guessed it, icecream and cordial as well. I gave it to visiting children again .
    After that one of my dialysis nurses came in to visit another patient and saw me. I told her what I’d been offered. She said the other renal patients just have the ‘dialysis sandwich’ rather than the hot meals. It’s a mixed 6 pc sandwich with 2x the filling and I usually have 2 but discard the bread . So off she went to the dialysis ward and found me one! Lovely nurses doing their best to look after me. I know most of the dialysis nurses so she said in future when I am well enough to walk to their ward they’ll be happy to supply me. I have no idea what calories I’ve had but I’ve managed to stick to the principles against the odds in hospital. Again, I’ve raved on, but I think how in the past I’d have just given in because I was hungry and bored and eaten all that crap. In my mind I see that white bread as poison now. I asked the nurses if it was at least the high fibre wonder white type and they said no. Tonight I’ve ordered omelette for breakfast, the nurse was not sure if it would come. I did get it earlier in the week, but I have a backup plan tomorrow as my daughter is driving up from Canberra tonight and will visit me with berries, Greek yoghurt and almonds so I’m really looking forward to seeing her and getting the goodies. Any wonder sick people get sicker!
    I know the health department is on a budget for meals but in the long term a lot of sickerpeople will be a bigger burden on the health $. Ok my rant is over for now.

• posted by JackieM
    on

Milalin, that’s truly shocking. It isn’t even a healthy diet according to mainstream thinking. Well done you for sticking to your guns, and hats off to the lovely quiche lady. Hope you get out soon, or at least get a decent set of supplies in xx

• posted by Mariet
    on

Milalin, I really feel for you and I am shocked as well. I work for NSW Health and for the past two years at least there has been a huge initiative to improve the nutrition because of the shocking (to them) findings that old and chronically ill patients were leaving hospital more malnourished than they arrived. It’s always harder on the weekends but have you not been seen by a dietitian? Perhaps you could request it? Kudos to you for such a magnificent effort under such trying conditions.

• posted by SueBlue
    on

Milalin sorry to hear that you are back in hospital again. I was in and out of hospital a few years ago and found it was fine when I could order meals myself, but when an ED admission you don’t get that luxury! Luckily my local hospital has a Subway and had a cafe that sold some healthier options. There’s now a huge eatery/food court there with hot and cold meals and loads of healthy options.
    It’s good that your daughter can bring in some BSD foods for you, and how lovely it was of the quiche lady to be so thoughtful. Hopefully you’ll be back on your feet soon 🙂
    I’ve had a good loss this week – a whole 2.8kg! Ok it was my festive season gain, but it’s good to know that I can “eat, drink and be merry” (temporarily), and then reverse any gains within a week back on BSD.
    So there is still some hope that I can reach my challenge goal of getting down to the Overweight range BMI, it’s once again just 2.3kg away.
    I’ve kept pretty active over the past week with an average 11,000 steps per day.
    I went back to work yesterday, it’s much easier sticking to plan when I’m at work (despite the cakes, biscuits and lollies around!).
    Hope everyone else has some good results this week 🙂

• posted by Inka13
    on

Hi Milalin, gosh you have been amazingly strong when faced with all that terrible food, well done, especially with that high boredom factorin hospital, it’s like aeroplane food, usually ghastly but you fall on it with joy just to break the boredom! How nice there are some kind people and nurses around though!
    (Can I hazard a guess you are in the SH?)
    All the best for the rest of your stay in there and hope you escape soon!
    Inka

• posted by Flick
    on

Hi Milalin, I’m so sorry to hear you are back in hospital. Isn’t it appalling – our top class hospital system so completely let down, well undermined, by something as simple as catering. It is unforgivable. I too am completely impressed with how you have managed it with such sensible self care and grace. Hats off to the quiche lady! All my warmest wishes to you Milalin, fingers crossed you are safe home soon.

So, today’s weigh in for me marks the completion of Week 8 🌟🌟🎉🎉🤩. That’s right, Round 1 done and dusted! I am gobsmacked that I’ve made it.

Despite lolling about at 67.9 for five very tedious days, a loss at the begining of the week and another loss overnight brings the loss for the week to 1.3kg. That makes a total for this challenge of 2.6kg, so on track to make my 4kg target and an 8 week total of 10.8kg. I just have to say that again, today I am 10.8kg (23.8lbs, 1 1/2 stone) lighter than I was 8 weeks ago! So 8 weeks of 16/8, 800, no snacking and no alcohol. I feel fabulous!

Round 2 starts today – my goal weight is 60kg. My immediate goal is to make it into the healthy bmi 66.7kg.

Congrats to everyone else reporting losses and those holding steady but sticking to their guns. It’s such a non linear journey.

• posted by Mariet
    on

My weigh day today, two weeks into this challenge. Two weeks rigidly on plan and my result its… exactly the same as my start weight. I stared in disbelief at the scales this morning and am now reacting in my most mature, adult way- I am sulking.

Hope everyone else has a happier report!

• posted by Flick
    on

Hang in there Mariet. These plateaus are very trying but they do give way. Maybe treat yourself to something lovey today – massage, pedicure, new book? Just don’t let it get you down.

Like others I’m pretty sure this heat is causing my body hold onto to water. Drinking the same but peeing less and despite an overnight loss, I feel quite bloated. First time in the 8 weeks. Maybe the slightly cooler weather will see us all go whoosh!

• posted by Milalin
    on

Hi JackieM, I’m going home today after dialysis and I did get scrambled egg this morning! It’s made me start planning better, what I can bring in on the 25th!
    Hi Mariet, I have noticed overall improvement over the last couple of years but I’m a bit of a complex case as it’s heart, renal and diabetic. They seem to only handle one of those or the other. Also complicated by coming in after dinner time on Sunday night through emergency. On top of that I was admitted but the renal ward was full and by the time I went to renal lunch was over. Also I received what the previous person had ordered for Monday night. So it’s also because it was a short stay. In addition the ‘diabetic diet’ is pretty much the ‘old school’ heavy carb diet, which of course I don’t do. So I’ll be bringing my nuts and tins of fish, seed crackers etc.
    SueBlue congratulations on your fantastic loss! Yes ED and short stays are the hardest esp if I can’t pack and have to get going fast. I’m thinking my goal before surgery will now be just to do my best. I got fantastic blood results today. My renal modified version of this diet is really working for me!
    Inka13 the diet makes it easy for me as I’ve found i really don’t get hungry . I also keep nut snacks in my dialysis bag. Seeing all my numbers improve so fast has given me the strength to stick to it almost perfectly… a bit over on calories . The rapid weight loss has destabilised my BP and continual adjustments of my meds are needed. At least I’ve got a better plan for when it spikes in future.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Flick! How fabulous for you, such wonderful results following on from your 8 weeks of true determination. I’m full of admiration for your progress to date and your future goals👏👏👏😊

Emphasizing with your sulking, Mariet. The ups and downs are hard to fathom sometimes, aren’t they? 😯

Well done, SueBlue, great loss for you this week. Very affirming isn’t it? 😊

Hard lines, Milalin. Sad that you’ve had to go into hospital through ED again. That’s trial enough workout adding in the food issues. I’ve also observed the lack of choice in ED, and while generally it’s understandable there as patients are supposed to be moved on quickly, it’s hardly forgivable for those with specific needs. And surely something healthier than white bread!

Good to see you again, Mokovex, and we’ll done you on the way you’ve held the line😊

For myself, the usual up and down week but luckily I’ve managed a down on a Tuesday 😁. 62.1kg this morning. 900 gms less than last week and 300 gms less than boxing day. Happy today😊

Only have one more planned event on the calendar, an 80th party next Sunday, where I have no control over what is on the plate only what I take off it. Care needed there. Of course, there are always the meals out at restaurants/cafes which tend to be more frequent at this time of year, i.e. in the warmer weather, but that comes down to my ability to choose wisely, doesn’t it?

Good choosing everyone as we move into the next week ODAAT.

• posted by Butterlover
    on

HI Everyone . reading posts is really helping me get back on track. MILALIN yes Im shouting at you.You are amazing, coping so well with multiple challenges and frustrations that would have sent me to comfort food in a wink.Im inspired to stop my excuses and get on with improving myself.thank you for sharing with us.👏👏👏👏.Today I weigh in at 82kg so a loss of 0.4kg over night which is very good for me.I may be low on fluid intake so it will probably go up but I feel that I have turned corner.Its too hot to walk outside so Im off to the shops to do a couple of laps. Koko too you all

• posted by marie123
    on

A quick report-in this morning as I’m on my way out just now.

I’ve lost 2lbs this week. That means I’ve lost the 2lbs I put on over Christmas. I’m happy with that. The scales flickered on 9st 13lbs (which I was for a few hours on Christmas Eve) before settling at 10 st, so may not be long until I’m in the 9’s. I’ve also just worked out (I do like my stats) that at 10st (140lbs) I have now lost 30% of my original body weight.

Will catch up with everyone later today but good to hear you’ve turned a corner, Butterlover, – and brilliant 8 week end results, Flick.

• posted by JulesP
    on

Honestly, I’m my own worst enemy, need to work in my will power. After sticking rigidly to plan since Boxing day I reached the longed for 9st 13 last Friday and sat tight right at it, terrified it would sneak up again, what did I do the day before weigh in? A scone with jam & cream, half a baguette & 2 seed crackers, that’s what I did!!!
    Nice one Jules, not!
    So now 10st 2, sad face, can’t to emojis.
    I’d bought the seed crackers on Saturday and thought I could risk a couple but that must be what triggered the carb fest so they’re going straight in the bin. Back on plan again 100%, trying to win back the 9’s.

• posted by JulesP
    on

Milalin, you are an in inspiration! Your perseverance in refusing the rubbish and tracking down the edible food stuff in spite of all you’re going through is tremendous. Hope you’re out and about very soon. Just think how much you’ll enjoy rhe ease of eating on plan again at home.
    Well done in your 2lb loss Marie123 and on the flickering sight if the elusive 9’s!
    How frustrating for you Mariet!! Hang in there, a woosh must be just around the corner.
    Well done to all those who lost and to those who didn’t, at least we’re still here and we soon will be.

• posted by Busybee
    on

Happy low carb 2018 to old friends and new.
    I am back after a fabulous time with our son and his family in N J. What an absolute delight grandchildren are but it’s so sad they are so far away.
    I had no access to scales and we were wined (every night) and dined to excess every day though I did miss eating breakfast when I could. Our son tries so hard to spoil us and it seemed so churlish to say no all the time. (I know, excuses, excuses) Anyway, the upshot of three weeks away is that I have gained a lot of weight, but I hope that some of that will be fluid. I am straight back on BSD woe this morning and will record the interim weight increase on Friday.
    X B

• posted by Mokovex
    on

Morning all,

Today 127.3 a new low 😀 (9st 1.2lbs)

I touched briefly on this weight early 2015, just before I then piled on over 30lbs, before that, I landed here briefly in 2011 (Hurrah for digital scales on which I can track my progress) but again, I was only here for about a week before putting weight on. What I really want to achieve is consistency as the graph of my weight looks like a mountain range. Aiming for flatlands or at the least gently rolling hills.

The low 9s is the best I have managed to achieve post baby (she has just turned 13). Daring to hope I can finally get back to pre-baby. Goal weight is 8st 7.

x

• posted by Marsie
    on

Marie123, I’ve been meaning to pick up on something you posted on our previous challenge re BMI i.e. “It struck me as I’m also 5ft 2in you saying you were still overweight BMI. I use the UK NHS BMI calculator and according to that at 61.3kg you would now be in the healthy weight BMI category.”

I know I mentioned 5’2″ but I was always about 1/2inch less than that and lately I’ve been thinking that I’ve become shorter with age (now 73) so I dug out a spirit level and had my taller son hold it on the top of my head and mark the door (this was a method I used when a WW leader because I was usually a lot shorter than anyone whose height I was trying to measure accurately). Mhm, now a smidge under 5ft or just on 152cm. It doesn’t help with my BMI, lol, as, according to the 3 different sites I used, plus doing it manually, I still need to get down to 57.7kg for the very top of the healthy range. Oh well, at least it made me double check, Marie, and know exactly where I stand, so thank you.

Had a great day, today, in many ways, then made it harder to get to my re-stated BMI by delving into chocolate, and not the helpful dark kind. Feel horrible…..Sigh….

• posted by Mokovex
    on

Morning all

Today + 0.7lb, this isn’t too disappointing or even that surprising as yesterday’s low felt like rather an artificial one as I really just hadn’t eaten enough for a couple of days. Still happy with my progress.

Marsie, so sorry yesterday took a turn for the worse in terms of chocolate. I guess this is when keep on keeping on really bites. Thinking good thoughts for you today.

Busy bee, hoping your refocus is going well.

x

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hey ho! Still no downward sign in the scales which I admit I am finding so frustrating but keeping going. This is my last weekend of holidays, maybe the change of routine next week will do something.

For the fermenters out there, I saw a kimchi recipe the other day that uses the whey from making yoghurt instead of brine as the fermenting agent. Any experience of this? I thought it might be a good use for all the whey that I currently tip down the sink 😱

• posted by Mokovex
    on

Morning,

today -0.1lb.

Keep on everyone

x

• posted by Marsie
    on

Hang in, Mariet, this, too, shall pass. Can’t help with the fermentation thing as I’ve not ventured into making it. I do eat lots of kimchi and s/kraut though, love it.

Lots of good steps so far today with OH and grandson in King’s Park … walking … walking … looking out over Perth … walking …

• posted by marie123
    on

Marsie – my Mum and Dad used a similar method to measure our height but with a pencil – there were six of us. That meant a lot of marks over the years – but no names, so I just remember squabbling with my brothers and sister about who’d been what height when. A spirit level is a good idea, though – must remember that.

I’m still 5′ 2″ (the practice nurse measured my height in August) but my friend was telling me just a couple of weeks ago she’s lost some height (we’re both 62). I wonder what makes us shrink? You’ve got my sympathy about the chocolate – learnt at Christmas I just can’t go there – whatever the type!

Good going on the walking – another reason to love that grandson of yours.

Mokovex – ooh, I’d love to be in the low 9’s – or even in the 9’s. I’m so close at 10 stone but that 9st 13lb is just so elusive. What a great idea – aiming for the flatlands. Me, too. (Another of those descriptions that captures the imagination – I find them so helpful).

Mariet – good on you for keeping going – I’ve often been at a plateau for a couple of weeks at a time, it’s so frustrating – but, you know it will come off in the end.

Busybee – great to hear you had such a good time visiting your son. Was it New Jersey you went to. My son and I are hoping to get to New York this year. For some reason lost in the mists of time, we both want to go to New Jersey while we’re there. Hope these last few days of refocusing has gone well.

Milalin, Butterlover and Natalie – hope you’re all doing well. Milalin, hope you’re back at home and things are on more of an even keel.

I’m off to a surprise birthday party for my husband’s brother this weekend. I’ve found I’m usually OK when I’m staying away (we’re in a hotel for 3 nights) because I’m super strict with myself. I’ve got to stay focused on that 9st 13lbs.

Have a good weekend everyone

n.b. Natalie/Marsie – My husband suddenly stopped talking about the cricket – hmm, I wonder why?

• posted by arcticfox
    on

Hi everyone,
    I’m quite late to the table with this challenge. I have been having some issues with my horse again (even my vet has started feeling sorry for me and she very kindly didn’t charge me for her last visit!), and that has made me quite tired and not really able to focus on much calorie counting. I have been pleasantly surprised though that in spite of all of that, I’ve been maintaining at 81.3kg since just after Christmas. I was thinking that I would just focus on maintaining for this challenge and then get back on track for losing next challenge. However, after a few good days this week but without really trying too hard, I suddenly have lost 0.4kg overnight and am now sitting at 80.9kg. This is the lowest I have been without having a fast day the day before (I was once 80.6kg after a fast day, but then popped back up immediately over 81kg the next day). So now I am thinking that if I work hard enough, I might get below that elusive 80kg mark by the end of this challenge. I might be able to start riding my horse again this weekend, and I’m sure he’ll appreciate me being under 80kg as well (although I still need to get under 75kg to get to less than 15% of his body weight, but that is a work in progress). Motivation has returned!

• posted by Busybee
    on

Hello fellow Challenger’s
    I promised I would reveal today the damage done whilst in US for nearly three weeks – ( not that I’m blaming anyone but myself!) I weighed one stone more last Tuesday than my recent lowest weight in early December! I am dissappointed that I gained so much as I did try, though obviously not hard enough, to keep off the white stuff. However the wagon toppled over with the amount of cocktails, wine and the dreaded white creamy stuff in a brown bottle which was consumed.
    Today I had lost six pounds of the excess and I will move on and keep on as our mantra goes (Marsie Im still here with you)
    Thank you for your encouragement Mokovex, and yes, I am feeling strong and refocused.
    Marie123, yes we did stay with our family in a small town in New Jersey though our son works in NYC. We love both the excitement of the Big Apple though also enjoy the quieter side of life over the water.
    X B

• posted by Natalie
    on

Marie123 my Sixers still haven’t won a game!

• posted by Flick
    on

Morning everyone,

gosh Busybee that’s an excellent recovery and what a terrific break with your son. I’m a bit shocked by how fast the weight can return. The key seems to be to address it as soon as practical so it and the eating patterns don’t set in. Very encouraging to read your posts.

I hope I’m not jinxing myself but, after 5 days at last weeks weigh in 67.5, I lost .6kg overnight. Most excitingly this means I just scrape into the healthy BMI range for my height. I’m so pleased and find myself almost hoping it stays stable, if tipping back up into the overweight range is a risk. No pleasing some people!

Two more days before weigh in on Tuesday, so fingers crossed.

• posted by JulesP
    on

Well done Flick, you must be absolutely delighted!

• posted by JulesP
    on

That’s a fabulous recovery Busybee, well done, you must be feeling very in control.

• posted by Marsie
    on

Busybee and Flick, what great results, clapping, clapping (can’t get to my applause emoji on my computer)

Natalie, your Sixers won at last, I see. And Marie123, after today’s match I guess your OH is talking cricket again.

Hope everyone gets through the weekend ok, nearly another week up.

MFODAAT

• posted by KazzUK
    on

Well done everyone on their losses this week. I’m 2 lbs down so really pleased about that as I’ve not weighed a thing all last week. Just grabbed bsd friendly stuff from the freezer and just had simple lunches of spinach leaves and either boiled egg, chicken or salmon. Was frantic at work and had about 15 mins for lunch each day. I felt out of control. Hadn’t weighed all week either as I find it annoys me seeing daily fluctuations. So once a week weigh in works for me. Takes the pressure off! This week will be back to being organised!

kOKO!
    Kazzeee xx

• posted by Mariet
    on

Well done everyone who can report losses as we head towards another weigh day.

I have nothing to report, same old same old, except that the daily swings seem to be getting bigger, can be a difference of 1.5kg from one day to the next. I’m now eyeing my scales in case that’s where the problem lies. Not really worried or even annoyed any more, my clothing is not getting tighter and I know I’m eating well. It’ll show up sooner or later 🙂

Speaking of eating well, any BSDers who live in Sydney, I can thoroughly recommend The Picnic at Burwood. It’s a fantastic small restaurant inside Burwood Park; Mediterranean/Lebanese food. So fresh and tasty and they offer low carb versions of the items on the menu (naked burgers etc). I was very impressed.

My holiday is over, back at work today. So much to catch up on! I hope everyone’s having a good day.

• posted by Natalie
    on

I lost 0.4 kg this week. I’m not very impressed with that, but I guess it’s better than a gain!

• posted by runrascal
    on

Hi Kazz I weigh daily but use Happy Scale app as it averages out the fluctuations – helps to stem the despair if you get a sudden biggy 😊

• posted by Mariet
    on

Hi all 😊

Reporting in 100g up on last week but I don’t know how to take this as each day has varied by a kilo in any direction. On the plus side, back at work yesterday and achieved 10000 steps, not bad as I have a desk job.

Hanging in there and trying to concentrate on things other than food and weight loss. Tonight I am going to a social oil painting group. I used to paint water colours but never tried oils so looking forward to widening my horizons. Good luck all.

• posted by Flick
    on

Natalie, It is definitely not a competition, but if it were I would win. I have finished this week, Week 1 of Round 2 for me, down a whopping, eye watering 200 grams! Yesterday I was 66.6kg (🤘), tracking nicely for a 1kg loss and wham … 67.3kg this morning. Up .7kg overnight. Overall my calories and food choices were within 800/20 but spread over three instead of my usual two as I ate breakfast out – BSD food only, so who knows what’s going on. Oh dear, back into the overweight BMI range.

I had drafted an encouraging post to you Natalie, reminding that weight loss is not linear, our bodies are complex wonders, a loss is a loss etc. and I still offer those thoughts to you, and I suck them up myself!

Mariet, MEEEE TOOOOOO!

So weekly wrap up –

Starting Weight 67.5
    Week 1/9 67.3 = -2

• posted by Natalie
    on

Flick (and Mariet) it’s crazy isn’t it how we can eat so little and still not lose much! I agree with all you said, it’s not a linear calories-in calories-out process. But it’s hard not to start stressing, trying to work out what I did wrong, any other diet they would say we’re not losing because we’re not eating enough, going into starvation mode etc etc. we know this works, just got to keep going.

My NSV is that I’ve been sleeping soundly which is very unusual for me. That alone (almost) makes the difficult change of lifestyle worth it. I do still find it difficult – my daughter made banana raspberry cupcakes yesterday! And it’s tropical fruit season, the fruit bowl is full!

Please log in or register to post a reply.