2017 MINI-GOALS. WHAT ARE YOURS?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Verano
    on

I started a mini-goal thread sometime earlier in the year but then lost my way!

So for 2017 I’m going to post my mini-goals again in the hope that they will keep me on track.

My first goal is just 3.5lbs to drop me into the next stone. It will be my BSD 6 month anniversary on January 5th and I plan to be in a lower stone by then …. 10 days… yes I can do that!

What about you?

• posted by Maharani kitten
    on

My birthday is January 9th, two weeks away.
    By then, I’d like to have lost 5lbs and have done some exercise every day.

• posted by Natalie
    on

My first mini goal is to lose the 1kg I’ve slowly regained, to get back down to my lowest weight on the BSD. Hoping I can do that this week!

• posted by Marsie
    on

As stated on the ’27th’ thread, I achieve more with behavioural goals than with amount goals though I will add those to the list:
    1a. Be happy with under 900 cals; 60gms or under of carbs
    1b. Be sure the casks & carbs are BSD friendly
    2. Be meticulous about fluid intake
    3. Get back to regular gym and walking. I know I feel so much better when I do but have been rather here or there lately
    4. Firstly back to 63kg; then 4x1kg.

These goals should see me back on track for the new year.
    Good wishes Verano, Maharani Kitten, Natalie xx

• posted by Marsie
    on

Oh, predictive text!! Cals……not casks….๐Ÿ™ƒ

• posted by LindaA
    on

Maharani kitten, we’re both Capricorns, my birthday is on the 11th January!

My first mini goal is to convince my husband to buy me a Ketonix meter to measure my breath acetone levels so I stay in ketosis.
    Linda

• posted by Verano
    on

My revised mini-goal …. to lose 4lbs by January 5th .. up 1/2lb since yesterday!

• posted by HeatherJane
    on

I just want to feel in control of my eating! I’m just getting to grips with the plan and now is a great time to start. good luck with all of your goals!

• posted by Cara54
    on

just to believe that weight loss is possible and achievable, and then do whatever I need to for it to happen.

• posted by Verano
    on

Cara you just have to read the threads to realise it is achievable and possible! So your goal is half way there!

Now you just have to make it happen and there’s plenty help, guidance and encouragement on these boards!!

• posted by Cara54
    on

Hi Verano

Thanks for your reply and words of encouragement.

I know this works. I’ve read loads about it and about insulin resistance which I think is my problem. It’s just making it work for me that I struggle with. It’s all in my head so I have to silence that voice and change to another channel!!!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi

Still here and have lost a smidgeon so back to my Christmas Eve weight. Now just need to lose 3.3lbs!! Wow at this rate it’s going to take me weeks rather than days!

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

NIce one, Verano – just avoid the grapes on NYE!

• posted by jmarie41
    on

My first mini goal is to weigh in at my annual doctor’s visit on January 5th, 2017!

I’ll be starting my 2nd 8 week-800 calorie diet on January 1st.
    I am tweaking it this time around by adding 200 extra calories a day.
    It will be 10 weeks of 1000 calories a day. I’ m feeling good about this!
    I initially lost 19.5 lbs. and have stabilized at 16.5 lbs down after ending the 1st 8 weeks in the first week of December.
    My goal for the next 10 weeks is to take another 10 lbs. off and then go on maintenance.

Sounds like your doing well Verano! Even though the weight loss is slow, you are going down rather then up.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi jmarie

Not really!!! My 0.2lb loss since Christmas Eve is hardly something to shout about! The best thing I did today was put the tape measure around my waist at my starting number. I couldn’t believe how much bigger I was when my waist was 5″ bigger!!! Great for anyone that’s wobbling. It’s really a marvellous exercise …. try it … everyone!

You’re so wise to tweak. The general principles of BSD are great but I think you have to tailor make them for your own specfic circumstances. I do think that one golden rule is that for anyone with diabetes it’s better to increase calories rather than carbs, but, in saying that, its ‘horses for courses’.

• posted by jmarie41
    on

I still think you’re doing great Verano! It isn’t an easy time of year for most people and here you are making a bit of progress.

I just heard from my twin sister that she will be starting the BSD plan January 1st or 2nd–I’m so excited and happy for her!
    Can’t wait for her to read all the forums! I really feel this has been such an important part for me in being able to stay with the program.

Tomorrow is our last day of 2016! Time to move on to 2017–Wishing everyone a very successful year on the BSD plan!!!

Janet :–)

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Not exactly a mini goal – but a goal nonetheless.

I’ve signed up for the 1,000 miles walked in 2017 challenge I saw a post about! Reset my pedometer last night – being a dinosaur I don’t have anything more technical ๐Ÿ˜ฑ LOL

Wishing everyone a very happy and health 2017. And, of course a successful BSD new year.

• posted by jmarie41
    on

Sounds like a great goal captainlynne! How does the challenge work?
    Happy New Year 2017 to you.

Janet :–)

• posted by Maharani kitten
    on

Have the most awful cold – so achey that exercise will be a distant dream for next couple of days.
    Some way to start a new year – am in bed with some hot water and lemon and a hot water bottle!
    Happy new 2017 everyone – here’s to a year of good choices every day. MK x

• posted by captainlynne
    on

jmarie41 – Avila posted about it elsewhere. The link is http://www.livefortheoutdoors.com/walk1000miles/

That will explain it all๐Ÿ˜€ There seem to be a few of us on the BSD signed up!

The aim is to walk (surprise, surprise!) 1,000 miles in 2017. There’s a Facebook group for those taking part.

• posted by pcoventry
    on

Linda A, Me too! I just had my 40th on 26th.

My goal for 2017 is to get as much weight off as I can, be more active and “try” to cure my type 2 once and for all. I hate taking Metformin, I am constantly on the loo with it – My doctor told me to carry on taking it as well as the diet but the med leaflet says to stop if on 1000 or under cals a day.

I risk my diabetes going to the point of injection BUT if this diet is anywhere as good as it claims, then I will be going the other way without any metformin at all.

My last remaining relative died in June so I figure worst that can happen is I die too, in which case I will embrace it and not be scared of dying!

• posted by jmarie41
    on

Thank you for the information captainlynne, I’ll check it out!

• posted by Rosebery
    on

Just signed up to the 1000 miles on 2017, I shall try and run a few but I guess that counts. First mini goal of 2017 is to survive a trip away without getting any heavier! I know that’s only minimal but there’s a lot of temptation in those buffets!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

My first min-goal for 2017, will be to shift another 7lb. Have maintained well over the Festive Season and am starting just a pound heavier than I was before Christmas. Hoping to achieve the 7ld loss before April 9th when we go away for a long vacation, so I will be back to the 800cals/50g or less carbs a day.

Good luck everyone and I hope 2017 brings lots of good things your way.

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Happy New Year Everyone. Ive been off plan for a couple of days,starting my days with great intentions but snacking a lot especially in the evenings .Its emotional eating . I have now solved the issue(argument with hubby)and I’m keen to keep going .Today 84.4KG and fasting sugar 6.1.
    Ive decided to skip breaky for a couple of days, just have a coffee.This should allow a few calories to have when out with friends.the weather is expected to be very hot 37degrees tomorrow so Im planning a very early trip to the beach and home before it gets too hot.
    I wrote my new goals in the diary today and researched a few free exercise groups .unfortunately everything is closed till mid january .I also got the book out to reread.its very motivating.
    Maharani. I hope you feel better soon.Ginger tea with honey is our go to cold medicine.cheers to all

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

pcoventry, I am in the opposite situation. I had toilet issues with Metformin and all other meds so my doctor put me on insulin. Now with this diet I am going to get rid of the needles and any tablets (I take gliczide in the morning), even if my diabetes does not reverse I will become reliant only on diet which should have been tried in the first place; only thing is the diet they recommended (high carb) only made the diabetes worse: Looking forward to an insulin free new year. Most people start on diet treatment then move to meds then to insulin. I am doing it the other way round. Strange.

on

Just back from 14 days of holiday feasting. My first mini goal is to lose the 4.5 lbs I gained in that time and I am giving myself 2 weeks to do that. Should not be too difficult if I am able to hop straight back into the plan with as much determination as I had first time round. I am doing another 8 weeks and want to shift about 10 lbs in total, so that is my next mini goal after the 4.5 lbs.

Keep on keeping on….

• posted by jmarie41
    on

sunshine-girl, sounds like a nice first mini goal–you should for sure get the 4.5 lbs off in 2 weeks. I finished my first 8 weeks in the first week of December, took a break over the holiday, and started back on January 1st. I gained 3 lbs over the holiday and today am down 2.5 lbs. from that so only a half a pound more to go to get back to my weight loss at the end of my first 8 weeks.

Tomorrow is my first mini goal –a trip to my doctor for a check up. I haven’t weighed in at the doctor for a long, long time as i found it kept me from going for appointments. I’d turn down their request to have me get on the scale! Tomorrow I am actually looking forward to it.

Like you, sunshine-girl, I have grandchildren that I spent the holiday with and it was harder to stick to my BSD plan as they eat lots of carbs and want food often. I know it’s not an excuse for me but not easy to be around when I’m eating low calories. I’m really getting used to low carb eating though so that really helps.

My blood sugar readings went back up to 110 fasting over the holiday and just in 4 days are back to the high 80’s. This is such a healthier way of living for me.

on

jmarie, unfortunately I cannot blame the boys as I ate no carbs while with them, also my daughter is a food scientist for a famous chocolate factory but I resisted everything. It was when I was heading home that I decided to stuff my face and drink sweet drinks. This is the start of my 7th month and although my weight loss has not been great I have gone from HbA1c of 11.9, then 8.2, then 6.7 and I am now 5.9 and hoping for better in March. I hit 115 this morning but usually run around 80. We know this works so it is not a chore.

• posted by jmarie41
    on

You are doing well with your blood sugar sunshine-girl! That’s very impressive how much your blood sugar has come down over the past 7 months. Wow! I’ve noticed that on the days I have even a little bit of chocolate, or something similar, my fasting blood sugar will be higher the next morning. Seeing that keeps reminding me how refined sugars are just like poison to my body! Even knowing this though doesn’t keep me from sometimes giving in and having it. I just want to work hard on learning to eat low carb most of the time so I can occasionally have a treat now and then.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi

My 6 month BSD anniversary today and my goal was to have lost 3.5lbs in the last 10 days but have only managed 1.6lb. Never mind its a loss and so back to the drawing board for me !

My next goal is really small just 1.5lbs to drop into the next stone. A week maybe???

Hope you are all getting closer to your goals.

• posted by jmarie41
    on

Congratulations on your 6 month BSD anniversary Verano! :–)

I met my first mini goal today. I went to my annual doctor check up and weighed in at 138 lbs. She gave me a chart that showed my weight from 2000 to 2017 (today) and I am 40 lbs down from 2008. She was really proud of me for losing the weight and I told her all about the BSD and how it has also helped me lower my blood sugar levels. This morning my fasting blood sugar was at 91.
    I wanted to make sure I told her about the BSD so she might do some research and pass it on to her other patients. She seemed very interested in the diet and it didn’t sound like she has heard of it.

My next long term goal is to lose another 10 lbs. and then go on maintenance but I’m going to have to think a bit about my next mini goal. I need to get my Christmas decorations boxed up and put away so I can move on! I guess that is my most immediate mini goal.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Happy anniversary Verano ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ’

• posted by Verano
    on

Thanks Lynne. Just 1/2lb to get me down into the next stone now And my first mini-goal of the year!

• posted by followthetides
    on

I just started the blood sugar diet and my 50th birthday will be in a couple of weeks. I will be celebrating it in the Dominican Republic.
    I want to feel proud of how I started, and be well on the way to a lighter me. I am not setting a weight minigoal, more a behaviour one. I will have established good exercise habits and diet routines.
    My all-inclusive in the Dominican Republic will be a bit of a challenge, as drinks are included. Especially Pina Coladas, I really hope they do not make them the way I love them, in a blender with ice from real pineapple. ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by mhart_Sf
    on

My mini goal
    Lose 4lb in week one. I am on day 3 and list 1.5 pounds but I have had more like 900 to 1000 calls and on day 2 too many carbs. So today really trying to plan more. Wish me luck.

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi All. My original mini goals need to be adjusted as I’m really not doing my goal activities.I have not exercised for 3 days ,my fasting sugar is 6.9 and my weight is static.I’m full of good intentions with no action. Yesterday. I had a massive procrastination day and sat on the couch watching old movies when I have heaps of things that need doing. l ate a lot, it was all BSD friendly but 3 fistfuls of cashews is not a snack. My latest craze is boconccini and tomatoes with olive oil and morocon spice its more like a meal not a snack.Total calories for the day was over 1000, so I stopped counting.
    Today I’m feeling more determined, canceled breakfast walked 45minutes or rather strolled as it was only 5000 steps.now drinking green tea and waiting till at least 1230 to eat lunch.Eggs with bacon and spinach. dinner will be chipolata sausages and salad. new goal. Write down 3 activities to get done every night before bed and prepare a lunch box as if I’m going to work.continue with exercise.
    I also discovered that when I get the munchies ,I can post pone eating by brushing my teeth ,Brushed twice so far and its not even lunchtime.I’m really hoping that I will do better when I’m back to work as I will be moving all day.those of you who are doing well , I really admire you as I find it really hard to stay under 800 and to put two successful days together.I keep reading all the posts and Im not giving up,I have thought about changing to 5.2 but the issues would most likely be the same.

• posted by Marsie
    on

1a. Be happy with under 900 cals; 60gms or under of carbs
    1b. Be sure the casks & carbs are BSD friendly
    2. Be meticulous about fluid intake
    3. Get back to regular gym and walking. I know I feel so much better when I do but have been rather here or there lately
    4. Firstly back to 63kg; then 4x1kg

These were the mini goals I set on 27Dec. Since then I reached 62.9kg on 4Jan and 61.9kg today, Jan7. So, a couple of “scales” milestones passed. I was at 61.9 very briefly sometime in December, didn’t stay there or go below, as I became somewhat lost in the silly/busy season! I’m trying with the other behavioural goals…

Since Boxing Day I’ve had, still have, a nasty cold which became chest infection, horrible cough, antibiotics from a GP who is usually reluctant to issue them. Because of this, I’ve thought about not claiming the goals except that preBSD I would have eaten more (bread, choc, cake etc) for the energy, you understand ๐Ÿ˜ฃ. I fell into that trap once with a small piece of cake following one of the two funerals I needed to attend during this week. Saw what I was doing, heard the self-talk, was able to pull back….gave myself a pat on the back instead of the usual negative talk. So, in this positive frame of mind, I’m claiming the mini goals reached, will work towards the next 3x1kg to get me safely down into my mid-range BMI.

Stay well and on track everyone. ๐Ÿ’Ÿ

Talk to you soon Butterlover, well done on seeing the need for a reorganisation and tackling it.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• posted by Verano
    on

3 days later than hoped but have reached my first mini goal of the year and have dropped into the next stone!!!!

So next goal a smallish one again to lose 4lbs in the next two weeks. Maybe a bit ambitious but will give it my best shot!

Hope you are all well and keeping on keeping on.

• posted by Inka13
    on

Congratulations on your mini goals everyone, or just for keeping on going, which is massive!
    Maharani kitten and Linda, I’m another Capricorn, I’m on the 13th! Happy birthday to you both this week and may all your BSD wishes come true!!

on

My mini goal was to shed the 4.5 lbs gained over the holiday and I have now done it. A little later than I wanted but it is done. I now weight the same as before Xmas.

My next goal is to lose another 6 and 3/4 pounds before my next HbA1c in 7 weeks. That will take me to 11 stone, another goal. Also I want my HbA1c to be 5.5 (currently 5.9).

• posted by SunnyB
    on

My next mini goal is to get under the 9st mark and if the scales can be believe today, I am 2lb away from achieving that, however, it wasn’t an end of week weigh-in today, so I need to wait until Monday morning, to see where I am.

I’d like to make getting into a size 10 jeans a goal, but I’m not sure that is achievable, so I’m holding off on that one at the moment. Once I’m below the 9st mark, I will be pitching for my ultimate target, which is 8st 9lb. I’d like to be there by early April, if I can.

Good luck on getting to your next goal in the time frame, sunshine-girl.

• posted by Cara54
    on

I’ve just set myself a goal of being under 12 stone by the 6th February. That’s a loss of 8lbs. It’s probably a bit ambitious but I’ll do my best and see how it goes.

• posted by bloke41
    on

Gday all my next mini goal is to get below 120kg in next two weeks, and my longer term goal is to get to 110kg by my dads 70th surprise party which im flying down to on 23 March, hoping I wont need that dreaded extention belt. Have a good one all.

• posted by bloke41
    on

Gday all, my weigh in result today 119.6kg, very happy in reaching my mini goal, haven’t been under 120kg mark since 2010, hoping to hit my next mini goal of 110kg by my dads 70th surprise birthday party March 23 and my final goal is 99kg. I don’t have a time frame for that goal, just happy to get there. Have a great week all.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Well done bloke41
    Keep at it!
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi

Sorry I’ve not posted for a while I’m afraid ‘life’ just got in the way!

Around 4 weeks ago I posted my next mini goal as wanting to lose 4lbs. Well I did that and in fact have lost a further 11lbs!!! I have been ill so that may have something to do with it but hey who’s complaining.

So my next mini goal is just 1.2lbs to get me down into the next stone and the lowest weight I will have been for quite a few years. I hope to do this by Friday, easily manageable, so here goes.

Hope you are all reaching your goals too. Well done bloke41!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Well done bloke41.

Welcome back Verano. Congratulations on the 11 pounds. You’ll get this next mini goal – welcome to your lowest weight for many years.

on

I want to get back under 73 kg, just 0.3 kg to go. I know it is not much but my weight has been 72.8 then 73.3 then 72.9 then 73.5, get the picture, so getting under and staying under is my current goal.

• posted by bloke41
    on

Gday all,

Thanks for the support all, much appreciated. Great stuff Verano, keep it up. Good luck to all, hope you get that mini goal your after.

Please log in or register to post a reply.