1st October Starters Support Group

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ButterflyMoves
    on

Wow, I just love how active this group is!

Now that I’ve decided to stick around and DO this thing, I’ll introduce myself.

Hi, I’m a 44 year old professional musician from regional Victoria, Australia. I discovered the BSD completely by accident (though I think it’s fate). I’m about 15kg (33 pounds) heavier than is ideal for someone of my frame and I’ve spent most of my life heavy. But watching my dad’s diabetes progress has scared the living sh*t out of me and I’ve decided that it is now time. Like really NOW. Like I feel completely different and ready.

I’ve been eating lower carb for a year, but then regularly binging on carbs and alcohol when I go on tour on weekends (which is most weekends). Interestingly, during that time I pretty much stayed the same weight, which amply demonstrates if I can stick to BSD and actually build some muscle I WILL lose weight and get my blood sugar under control.

That’s why I’ve decided to start the diet on a tour weekend. People are going to offer me wine and snacks all weekend, but this is where I get to change the paradigm.

Anyhow, apologies for the self indulgent rant. Now I’m going to go back to the beginning of the thread and read it all so I feel like I know you folk a little and I can contribute.

Thanks for sharing your support space! 🙂

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Good morning all – and welcome ButterflyMoves.

Interesting lesson for me last night. Technically I slipped up for the first time. I had dinner at Wagamama and planned what I was going to eat meticulously before I went (yet again, thank you MyFitnessPal) so that it fitted into the BSD and my 800 kcal allowance. But I found myself so hungry that I chose to add an unplanned extra small plate of food and subsequently went over on my calories (by 300) and my carbs (by quite a way). And guess what? I went to bed starving, and I woke up starving. So on 800 kcal and under 50g carbs I feel fine, and on 1100 kcal and higher carbs I’m hungry. If this doesn’t show the ‘insulin thing’ at work then I don’t know what does. I’m not beating myself up over it but am quietly noting all this kind of stuff for future reference. Happily, I lost another 300g overnight on the scales <small victory dance>.. So one kg down, errr, only 29 to go….:)

Wishing everyone a successful day ahead!
    Sarah, Dubai

• posted by HealthyH
    on

Morning Sarah, and everyone else

Thanks for the observations, it is interesting to validate what we have read. I too noticed a a pattern with carb increase in a meal and resulting hunger pangs.

I guess the key maybe to front load your day with any carb heavy recipe (not that 50g is alot) and then make your evening meal fat and protein centric.

Today is my forth day and still feeling positive about the plan, aswell as its anticipated results, 2.8lbs loss in 4 days is welcome.

Only thing I need to work on is the variety of foods as at present I have had same lunch every day-50g hummus, 1 carrot, half red pepper and for those in the UK lidl skyr yogurt, protein rich, low sugar and taste yummy, only 83 cals per 150g pot too

Anyway, Have a good day all and remember it is just 8 weeks for hopefully a life time change

• posted by gyllyb
    on

Morning everyone … well day one over! Feeling good and its great to read your positive comments. Im a bit apprehensive today … back to work after nights – a twilight shift 🙁 I work for NHS … lots of mixed up shifts and an erractic eating pattern so my meals will have to be carefully planned. Anyone got some ideas for easy lunches/dinners that will fit in? Cheers.!

• posted by Siren5859
    on

Hi All – better late than never!
    I am a 58 years old Nana from Victoria, Australia – working full time in our business but recently retired registered nurse. I am 172cm (5ft 6inch) tall & 114kg (18stone) – so I need to lose about 30kg.
    I have read Michael’s book and it sits well with me.
    Looking for some feedback from those in the same situation as myself…..
    I have gastric stapling from about 25 years ago – lost lots of weight initially but eventually worked out how I could ‘cheat’ and so the ‘easy calories’ (totally addicted to chocolate – how does a human body remain sustained with that lifestyle ?) has meant that my weight is back on plus more (at age 58 years, now heavier than i have ever been).
    My problem : eating a healthy diet is in fact very difficult as its the foods which are high in nutrition which are actually the more difficult to swallow – even after much chewing.
    Soups are a great choice but Im not sure if that is well suited to BSD.
    Is there anyone else who is in the same situation that I can bounce some ideas off?
    Is anyone following the Diet Plan from the book?
    TIA

• posted by Dona Rosa
    on

Hi looking to get a Spiralizer but have to buy from Amazon or Ebay as we do not appear to have them locally. Could you tell me which model you reckon to be the best please? I have a hand held one my cousin sent me which is ok but the courgettes we have here are huge compared to UK and I have to split them in half and then again so my spirals are not as nice as I would like. lol

• posted by Dona Rosa
    on

Didn’t have time to post yesterday but today jumped on scales and it looks as if I have lost between 2-3 kilos, still a bit difficult to get a close look until certain areas retreat a bit. I then thought, because of all the constant ‘visits’, I would check my waist. Now I measured on Sunday and did not do the ‘breathe in, pull it tight’ measuring that I normally do, but the real one and could not believe it, but I appear to have lost 2″ off my waist!!! Now I am aware that will be the result of my horrid feeling of bloat having vanished, but still amazing. Just another 6″ to go. Feeling brighter and found that I am not constantly thinking of food, but decide first thing in morning what we will have and then that’s it. Odd really, as I seem to have been obsessing about food for the last few months – not eating but thinking about what to make. Got a friend coming for lunch today but salad is ready, will give the boys the last of the new potatoes and am making Nigel Slater’s chicken burgers which should fit in nicely. Soup for dinner. Onwards and downwards. Oh and other half is enjoying the new meals but still having his three digestives lol

• posted by gyllyb
    on

Hi siren nice to meet you! I’m 63 and live in North Wales. Just to say I’m following the book and the recipe book to start with to keep me on the straight and narrow. I hope they will give me ideas to make simpler meals for work. Not sure about the soups but going to give them a try. My main prob is making meals for one … there are quite a few recipes suitable but I’m not keen on having the same food several days running .. a large veg curry again today 🙂 or not!!

• posted by Big Chap
    on

Emily,
    I started Monday and would like to join the group if I may as I feel I will need some encouragement along the way.
    Good luck to all new starters!

• posted by gyllyb
    on

Welcome to the group … this is a brilliant support network! Wishing you good luck and health. Gill

• posted by PatC
    on

Welcome to the group new peeps , tried the lamb stuffed Aubergines (MM) tonight, really nice, six days in and it’s ok, I am excited and focused and most of the time not hungry, the scales will tell tomorrow, but after dieting for so many years, and having thyroid problems to be honest I expect to only lose about a lb, but it would be a pound down, and I am enjoying (!) the diet, but also love the camaraderie of this 1st October starters group. – this group is the first time I have ever posted anything online and I have written a couple over the last six days, but you really know everyone is on the same journey and here to support everyone else, thank you Emily for starting us off.

• posted by HealthyH
    on

FIngers crossed Pat, it will be more than a lb you lose. The other thing to measure is your mood, how do you feel in yourself? Personally I am buzzing and feel like I am taking control and responsibility for my own health, so regardless of the weight loss this is worth alot to me . It may take a little more time for some of us to lose the weight but it we stay on track it will happen, which is one of the purposes of this thread right.

Keep it up and watch it come off!

• posted by Elisabeth45
    on

Warning , I am feeling a bit smug this morning ! BUT we won’t mention the chocolate and crisp incident last night !
    First week done ,lost 6lbs can’t believe never managed that with any diet before. Feeling good and mostly in control ( see above !) did a 6.45 spinning class this morning excellent for endorphins and motivation.
    I am looking forward to next week going to track food more closely and use bsd recipes for ease I dont want to get overconfident and relax .good luck everyone hope this helps .

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Good morning everyone
    Day 4 for my husband & I & we are feeling much brighter & have got over the grotty flu feeling of day 2 night & throughout day 3. We weighed ourselves this morning & I have lost 3lbs & I am feeling envious of my husband ywho has lost 6lbs👍👍👍 His bs was 7 but he was told by his GP that would happen having been taken of Gliclazide & now only on Metformin & a statin.
    We have just had smoked salmon & scrambled egg for breakfast & I have to work out lunch & something fast for supper because we are off to our conversational French class this evening.
    By the way I haven’t introduced us yet! I’m aged 68 & have three stone to lose & piled on weight because of having to take Tamoxifen after breast cancer surgery in 2001 & have not been able to lose it all since then. I’m sure Tamoxifen totally screwed up my hormonal balance as well as unwanted side effects but hey ho I’m still here so I can probably regard myself as “cured”?
    My husband is aged 69 & has been a Type 2 diabetic for 23 years & needs to lose one & a half stone. We are doing this hoping to reduce the chances of any future bad effects of his diabetes & to lose weight.
    We are both retired & fairly fit but could do more exercise wise & after the eight weeks will start joining in our local healthy walks programme. I noted that Professor Taylor suggested not increasing exercise during the eight weeks but doing so afterwards to help maintain weight loss whilst transitioning into a Mediterranean diet.
    I expect I will still need to lose more weight after eight weeks.
    It’s so inspirational reading all your posts it is a great help feeling that we are alone not doing this😀

• posted by CallMeDeb
    on

Good morning =) Welcome n00bs!

My legs are KILLING me this morning, no reason that I can think of, but I’m going to add some additional salt in today to see if that helps.

I’m feeling pretty good. I did mess around with my menu yesterday, I just couldn’t face more eggs, lol. So I had a lot of cheese. I’m going to have to add some more roughage into the diet (I do supplement). Head is feeling fine (knock, knock), just waiting for my energy to come… I had a nice nap on the train home yesterday (didn’t sleep through my stop, thank gods) and could use one right now 🙂

My BS right before bed was 5.9, so I didn’t inject insulin. Fasting was an even 6 this morning.

Congrats on the weight loss Meeshe45, Elizabeth45, Dona Rosa, Wendy1947 (& hubby), andy anyone i may have missed!

Gyllyb – Where do you take your lunch? Do you have a lunchroom with microwave et al, or do you eat at your desk? I pre-make my main lunches for the week and use the microwave to warm them (this week is chili, haven’t decided on next week though). I also eat dinner at work, which is usually a veg (Cauliflower), hummus, and cheese. The latter is at my desk, so I want something that’s easy to eat and doesn’t smell up the office.

Siren5859 – Welcome! Soups are fine, depending of course on the type. There are some delicious recipes in the recipe section you should check out.

Make today a great day!

Cheers,
    Deb

on

SO great to hear about the weight loss from Meeshe45, Elizabeth45, Dona Rosa, Wendy1947!!

I’m trying to focus on that after getting through day 2. I’m sticking to it, and have avoided the wine and chocolate that has been offered so far in favour of my own food that I brought.

Standing on stage for the two hours was a lot harder than usual and I’m going to bed with a headache.

Hope to feel better tomorrow, feel a bit shaky…

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Well done resisting wine & chocolates ButterflyMoves & try to take it easy. Lots of water & an Ibuprofen helped me when I ached & felt rough & that lasted one day so onwards & downwards!!! Hope you feel better tomorrow.

• posted by essexgirl
    on

Hi to all, I was only diagnosed 2 weeks ago after going to a pre-op for a hip replacement! I had already lost a stone, no symptoms at all so was a complete shock! still waiting to find out if I am type 1 or 2 as I don’t fit the profile for either I am told!, any advice greatly appreciated, I am now looking through all the recipes and cooking new meals within BSD. I have always had a healthy diet my BMI is great, I just suffer with arthritis

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Hello everyone and welcome to all the new posters who have joined us.

Day 6 for hubby and I.

Yesterday our main meal was the bacon, broccoli and mushrooms out of the recipe book. Really enjoyed it.
    Today for our main meal I have cooked lamb tagine. Had it with courgette dry fried as I don’t like quinoa. Enjoyed this also:-) I used a lamb neck fillet chopped up.
    Next time I will just cut the meat up into four portions and cook it.
    In the recipe is butternut squash, there was lots left over. So with me going out for lunch tomorrow I have made
    butternut squash soup with two and a half peppers as I did not have four. Had a sneaky taste and its lovely.

Weigh day on Saturday. eek

I have settled to this diet and I am not tempted by the chocolate we have in for our grandchildren. Not missed bread and other things. Bowels have sorted themselves out, I think:-/ I feel quite well and have more energy than last week. Just need to keep on top of the extra fluids which I am finding difficult this week for some reason.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Day 4 food
    Scrambled egg with smoked salmon
    Houmous with carrot, red pepper & celery crudités & 2tomatoes. A handful of blueberries or raspberries.
    Portobello mushrooms stuffed with spinach & cheddar cheese (didn’t have any feta!)
    An apple to take to French class but so far today we haven’t felt hungry.
    3 coffees drunk & water
    Total calories 780.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

In case any of you would like to learn more about anatomy a new free course is starting on FutureLearn.com called Know your abdomen. These are free of charge on line courses that are usually excellent this one is run by Leeds University & will give information about the mechanics of digestion & how our abdominal innards work!! I have just signed up & these courses don’t have to be completed in the suggested time frame but can still be accessed after the completion date.

• posted by Luisa
    on

day 4 and doing ok! so busy at work that I’m ok there, it’s at home where Im in most trouble so I did binge last night but it was on celery and a small hummus dip so I don’t feel that guilty lol!
    new scales arrived yesterday and I’ve lost 4.5 lbs and when I weighed myself this morning the scales said another 3lbs had come off but I’ll take that with a pinch of salt!
    I know the book encourages you to weigh yourself often but surely you should only have 1 ‘weigh in’ a week or is that too ‘slimming world’?
    also is anyone else feeling a tad gassy?? please reassure me I’m not the only one propelling myself down the road of a morning 😀

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

I managed to drive past FOUR McDonald’s drive-ins today WITHOUT stopping for a filet-o-fish and a Coke. In my little world, that’s a MAJOR accomplishment. (I won’t pretend it was emotionally easy, but hey, I did it.)

• posted by PrincetonianStud
    on

Reward yourself! Little things like a new pair of socks or whatever. Little accomplishments are you key to great ones.

• posted by Dona Rosa
    on

I have done the Obesity course on Future Learn and it was excellent and very insightful. Learnt a lot from it. Might be running again shortly

• posted by Cazza53
    on

Hi everyone

Well one day away from my weekly weigh in I can’t believe how good and energetic I feel be it in my head but my work trousers are definitely more roomy.

Food is fab and hubby and I are really enjoying the recipes it’s dead exciting trying different ones out. I was stood in the queue proud of all my healthy purchases. By the way Aldi for fruit and veg beat all the other stores by a mile and all spices are only 49p I hope all of you are doing well on week 1 it seems to have flown by since Emily got us all going. Tip: If I get hungry I’m on sparkling water which just makes me full instantly.

My bum WILL be in those leather leggings by Christmas!!

Keep smiling everybody we can do it XX

• posted by Big Chap
    on

I made the lentl and spinach Dahl yesterday and it was really lovely especially as I added extra chilli powder to pep it up a bit.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Well done Carb_Addict.
    Everyone seems to be doing really well.:-)

on

Hey all, sounds like everyones doing well thus far.

I’m 2/3 through day 3 and abnormally tired. I can’t wait to get back home on Sunday away from constant sources of temptation. Our drummer gave my husband (who is the sound engineer) a bar of salted caramel chocolate to celebrate a successful job interview but he isn’t much of a sweet tooth so I have to keep picking it up and moving it around with the rest of the food. Chocolate is my downfall! I also got asked at the end of the show by the promoter if I wanted wine. I told her I don’t drink. ?! ( Liar! Pants on fire!) Then I watched my husband eat a burger and chips today. Am really going to have to make some yummy food next week to balance the deprivation I’ve felt this weekend. I’ve been living on eggs, mixed nuts, lentil salad and roast chicken breast.

One question, has anyone read anything about any dangers about taking ADHD meds with this diet? I’ve cut down my dose to half just in case, but I haven’t found anything online. I take Dex Amphetamine.

• posted by gyllyb
    on

Morning ButterflyMoves … sorry altho we’ve had patients on medication for adhd .. their diet wasn’t a consideration. So no help there.
    I’ve just started day three .. porridge apple and cinnamon for breakfast which is different!! You certainly have to plan ahead with this diet to stop reverting back to old habits …I know it’s all good and healthy for me but what I’d give for a piece of toast with butter marmalade and peanut butter. Hope it passes soon 🙁

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Hi Gyllb, believe me it will most definitely pass. I watched my husband eat a French bread sandwich which is my favourite bread. I actually didn’t even want a nibble. The less carbs you have the less you will want or desire🙂

• posted by Sandie
    on

The 1st October Starters Group.

I hope that you don’t mind if I hover in your group. I started on 1st June and have been very happy with ditching the carbs. I have made great progress for me after years of trying and failing to eat the low fat way.
    At the moment my daily calorie intake has increased. I will pull that back and the enthusiasm of the newbies should help me.
    Start weight Christmas 2015 was around 13st 7lb and now around 11st 2.

Christmas is once again just around the corner.
    Enjoy your day, regards Sandie.

• posted by Sandie
    on

Dear Carb_Addict
    Please, I hope not to offend you, but might you consider a change of name. Carb_Addict would appear to be reenforcing who/what you don’t want to be. What about a more positive name? You’re a star, sparkle.
    regards Sandie

• posted by HealthyH
    on

Welcome to the thread/group Sadie, I hope you can benefit and can be of benefit to us newbies😉

So day 5 for me and still really buzzing, not experienced the dreaded carb flu yet and hopefully won’t. I did feel weak this morning and normally skip breakfast, but 30 minutes of hiit training last night forced me to have something.

So stepped on the scales this morning and I am ecstatic 6.1lbs gone. Now I appreciate this is likely a large portion of water but it still feels great and I still have 2 days to go for this week. This sort of loss will no doubt decrease in the coming weeks but I am committed to the 8 week plan, I need to inspire my prediabetic wife to join me 😀

Best of luck to everyone for the weekend as I know it can be a challenge, but hopefully with morale support here and determination we can all get through it together

Cheers
    H

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Good morning folks.

I am going out for lunch today so I have decided not to have breakfast. I have not eaten since 5pm last night!
    Hopefully going to have salad, lime and soda to drink and no starter or pudding. Had plenty of water to drink today.
    Dinner tonight for hubby will be a portion of lamb tagine (made for last nights dinner) and either miso soup or butternut squash and pepper soup for me. Weigh day is tomorrow but I have been on the scales this morning and have lost 6lbs. Really want it to be seven tomorrow.

• posted by NeNe
    on

Good morning everyone,

ButterflyMoves I would check with doc about the meds. Can’t imagine how difficult it is to do this away from home. Keep it up, every time you refuse wine & chocolate is a victory.
    Day 6 for me. I bought myself a new weighing scales yesterday as a reward. Unfortunately I’ve put on weight on the new scales. What a head wreck! Old scales says I’m down 5lb, a lb a day, so I’m taking that. Amazing.
    Planned on having the no carb Bircher for breakfast, had the raisins steeped in apple juice since last night but didn’t realise that yogurt only lasts 3 days once opened so had to go in the bin. These are the things I need to get my head around, the planning & prepping & reading the labels. I spend so much time looking after everyone that I forget about myself. Jewelling a pepper doesn’t seem important when kids & grandchild are calling. I’m sticking at this though and I will be posting here in 8 weeks(7 weeks now!!!) Checking in here keeps me on track.
    I want to feel better, I want to look better and I want to get that buggy up the hill without stopping. (I used to run up that hill one time)
    Wishing you all love, strength & willpower today,
    NeNe xxx

• posted by ischia
    on

Hi again

I’ve been quiet this week because work has been incredibly awful and very frustrating BUT on the plus side I have made time every day except yesterday to cook BSD friendly proper meals. Usually when work gets demanding the first thing that goes by the wayside is any time for me so I’m really pleased I haven’t let this happen so far.

I started on 1st but couldn’t weigh myself because the battery in the scales was dead. I did measure myself the same way Dona Rosa did ie. with the tape measure loose rather than breathing in and pulling it tight. Since I replaced the scales battery on Monday I have lost 2.4kg and having measured myself I’ve lost 2in off my bust and 2in off my hips. My waist hasn’t changed though. Very bizarre given that this diet is meant to target abdominal fat. If it continues this way I’ll end up with a very odd body shape! I have hypothyroidism, does anyone know if that has any effect on where you lose weight from?

Conclusion so far? Something’s working!

• posted by Suluro
    on

I started BSD last Friday, so weighed in this morning and eleven pounds down! So pleased, feeling so much better already . Got a long way to go but keep taking it day by day. I have never been part of a forum before and finding it such a support reading other peoples posts.

• posted by NeNe
    on

Well done Suluro, that’s amazing! You are on your way!
    Xxx

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

What an amazing result Suluro & a great incentive to keep going⭐️⭐️💐
    My husband & I weigh in after five days tomorrow because we are used to weighing ourselves first thing on Saturday mornings & we won’t have lost as much as you but anything lost puts us on the downwards trend.

• posted by GreenTea
    on

Hi fellow dieters,

Its been a week for me now and my scales tell me that I have lost 9.6lbs and my BMI and fat% have decreased 🙂

I haven’t craved any carbs at all – I even made french toast with banana for my mum this morning and had scrambled eggs and tomatoes myself.

Having the support of the forum and family is key to sticking with this diet. I told my family that I’m doing this diet and they’re not allowed to bring any food to the house as they usually do (I am my mum’s f/t carer so people always bring food for my mum) and they have complied. My mum is my biggest supporter and she too is reaping benefit from the lack of sugar / carbs in the house – she’s type 2 and off meds for 4 years. My sister keeps asking questions about the diet and has done some of the recipes too.

It’s only another 7 weeks to go and by then we will all feel differently about carbs & sugar and pay more attention to the food we put into our mouths. Weight loss is great (I’m looking forward to some new clothes at the end of this) but being healthier is even better.
    Good luck everyone!

• posted by pamie123
    on

May I please join your group. I have followed the 5:2 diet in the past but struggle on some days. I thought that eating 800 instead of 500 cals may make things a bit easier. I will go back and reread the book. Although I am not diabetic or pre-diabetic I do need to lose at least 14kg. I have just set a goal of walking in a 10km fun walk. The walk is in 6 weeks time and I have managed 5km so far. I am 68years of age, still work part-time as a cook in a local hospital. It is encouraging to read other peoples success stories.

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

@ ButterflyMoves: I had the same hit-by-a-bus tiredness thing hit me around the same time. It happened twice actually, and then nothing since. Lots of energy in fact. I think my body was just adjusting to the radically-lower-than-usual calorie count. I drank extra water and slept it off. Yes, sounds like you need to mix up your food and make it pretty on the plate to reduce any feelings of deprivation.

@ Sandie: no offence taken. I started the BSD at a really low ebb (I guess many of us do) and have a dry sense of humour 🙂 Happily I’m already feeling brighter. It’s also the truth though: I might change it when I feel it no longer applies.

As for me, another 400g lost overnight (so I’m averaging a consistent 300-500g a day right now, and intentionally still weighing daily). And I feel better.

Today: five macadamia nuts for (badly planned) breakfast; lentil soup, tuna carpaccio and wilted greens/grapefruit salad for a 4pm late lunch with a side order of smoked salmon and grilled shrimp, plus two Diet Cokes; a light dinner of just some smoked tofu. Not enough fruit and veg today. But 2 litres of water in addition to the Cokes

Not usually a soda drinker and I know Diet Coke is essentially bottled chemicals but I’m finding it quite a good appetite suppressant. So letting it go for the moment…can only tackle one thing at a time.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

What a wonderful result losing 9.6lbs GreenTea! Like you I don’t feel hungry anymore & It’s amazing not doing so & rather counter intuitive & your weight loss is a great incentive to all of us

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Welcome pamie123 my husband & I have also done 5:2 for the past two years but got stuck in a rut probably overindulgence on our eating days🙀 But thank goodness a chance to remedy that now.👍😀

• posted by RubyLondon
    on

Ok, I totally blew it last night and once I had started down the carb route I just didn’t stop. Today, my cramps have gone but so has my resolve. I am not sure my system can cope with such a severe reduction or maybe I am being a wos…. Anyway, I have decided to write my first week relapse off as a 5:2 week and restart. I think I am going to adapt it the diet to1,000 calories a day for the first week and work from there. I really did feel terrible ill and now have eaten almost double my normal carb allowance today to rebalance.

• posted by Dona Rosa
    on

Brilliant news. Did not measure bust on 1 October but noticed today that I have fastened bra on the tightest setting and cannot blame it on age as it is three weeks old as had to bite bullet and face the fact I needed a huge one! I remember hundreds of years ago on the original WW diet I did so successfully, that we were warned not to buy new shoes as our feet would shrink and she was right.

• posted by Kosher Kid
    on

Hi all. Been a couple of days or so since my last brief post. I started a couple of days before so today is day 10 for me. I have lost 3.1 kg over this period so I am delighted – Only 24 more kilos to go!. I am still in love with my fitbit – doing 15000 steps a day and the dogs are really fed up. I am keeping myself motivated (I live on my own) by writing out every morning in my BSD journal “If not today, when?”.
    I haven’t been diagnosed as pre or diabetic but it runs in the family – my father is type 2 and I am determined not to go down that path.
    Fairyface – I was struggling to take on enough fluids so now I buy a 2litre bottle of water from Sainsburys (only 20p) and I make sure that I consume all of it going through the day – I also find it great to throw the bottle into the recycling at the end of the day – another mark that I have survived another day. Other fluids come from my three cups of coffee in the morning and having 3 lemon and ginger teas in the evening.

Good luck and fast loss to all.

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Wow Kosher Kid you are doing well! 15000 steps a day! Please come and take my two dogs out:-)

I now leave a glass on my fridge water dispenser so I have managed to get plenty of fluids in.
    Next thing is to start moving. I have arthritis and have had difficulty in walking, but do you know what?
    Since being on this diet my pain has been reduced. I am so pleased with just feeling more comfy.
    I have been out with my choir friends today and they do not know I am on a diet but I am so pleased I only ate the salmon and veg.
    I have felt so motivated and well this week.
    Weigh day tomorrow but I thinkI will give myself a pat on the back now!

Onwards and upwards.

• posted by StaceySmith
    on

Cold is subsiding – but I still feel weak and break out in a sweat with small exertion. Is this my virus or is anyone else sweating a lot more because of the diet?

I feel cognitively clear – no brain fog.
    I have been hungry, but not crazy – gotta eat RIGHT now hungry.
    I’m sleeping great (only woke up once to cough last night)
    Day 7 – I weighed myself and have shed 7.5 lbs or half a stone.

Recipes food ideas I love:
    Vegetable Curry with cauliflower rice
    Beet Falafel
    Full-fat greek yogurt with berries and nuts
    Chicken with Walnuts in lettuce cups

My best tip? Have the ingredients and foods handy that you need! For the most part – I am sticking with three meals a day.
    Mostly – 200 cal breakfast, 200 cal lunch – 400 cal dinner

Please log in or register to post a reply.