1st October Starters Support Group

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Hello Miss Ziggy,Inka13,Fairyface, Patc & anyone else who knows me!
    I am still plodding on in a two day fasting semi low carb way & am the same weight I was this time last year which means I have gone up & down in weight but still not yet got to my goal weight! I have recently had wonderful surprises for my 70th birthday celebration with a weekend in Dublin & then an amazing surprise lunch with friends & family. This month there are two lunches with friends my eldest sons 40th birthday bash & hotel stay then two Christmas lunches! None of this is conducive to losing any weight😂
    I am therefore reconciled to starting again in January to get down to my goal weight. On the plus side my husband for over a year has maintained his weight loss & is still on much reduced diabetes meds’ which was the whole point of us both doing this. As you may remember I am not diabetic but have arthritic knees that much prefer less of me to carry around!
    I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas 🍷🥂🌲& I may have you joining me in the new year to continue the battle of the bulge with a low carb diet?
    Margaret xx

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

I will join you Margaret🙂

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Thank you MissZiggy👏👏👣👣best feet forward then!

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Dear all
    I don’t know if any of you are on this new medication Linagliptin or Trajenta? My husband has had his medication increased to include this because his bloods have been up to 10! despite maintaining his two stone weight loss for the past year after following the Blood Sugar Diet. I must admit our carb level has recently crept up to include Dutch crispbakes, Melba toast with our cheese & bananas, grapes, wine & some mangoes & my husband has gone back to eating oranges. It’s all very worrying although I have lost 2 & 1/4 lbs this week it’s my husbands blood sugar I am concerned about & him being prescribed more medication!
    Please post any experience or information you have on this new medication that we know very little about apart from the pharmacy notes & a little online research.
    Thank you
    Margaret

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Hi everyone,

Happy New Year!!🎆 🎇🎆🎆🎇🎇🎆🎆
    Is anyone ready to start with me this week? I need a few friendly faces. I will be starting on Wednesday …food shopping tomorrow.

MIss Ziggy

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Come and join in on the reboot thread as well if you like, many of us are hanging around on there as well, although we start Tuesday. Happy new year. 😀😀😀😀😀😀😀

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Ty
    Mix match 👍🏻👍🏻

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Hello Miss Ziggy & Mixnmatch
    Happy New Year & I’m here ready to get back on track. So far cupboards & fridge cleared of unhelpful carbs & today is a fast day. I need to reread the Cook book to get my head back around recipes etc & I know I will feel hungry & deprived starting again but have put fourteen pounds back over the last three months because of various family celebrations 🙀 I will miss wine & will try to forgo any Monday to Friday but allow myself a glass over the weekend. My weigh day will be on Sunday. I will also try to exercise more although my left Achilles’ tendon is still not completely back to normal yet🙁🤔
    Good luck & onwards & downwards 👍👍
    Margaret xx

• posted by Nickix
    on

hi everyone so good to hear from you all. i’m in! not sure about weight but know inches have gone on and my autoimmune illness is flairing up! so back on with you all.
    happy new year to us 👍 we’ll do this together xx

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Hi my friends and so good to see you back and ready to become losers😂😂😂😂
    MIss ZIggy 😃

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

👍 experimental weigh this morning to see what is happening & down two pounds of no doubt excess fluid retention caused by Christmas carbs! All the loo visits from fast day & drinking lots of water flushing through nicely😂 so far going downwards.
    We can all do this again after all we have had lots of practice👍🤞🍀😀
    Margaret xx

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Well done Margaret. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻Well I’ve had a little hiccup as I forgot I am away for a couple of days next week and staying in a hotel. I won’t put myself under pressure to BSD while away but will get right back on it next week. I was out with friends for lunch today and ate a go naked GBK burger..( burger without the bun ) with coleslaw and small salad and a glass of red wine.. I remembered why I love this way of eating has I didn’t feel bloated after eating today. I just felt satisfied.
    I will check in again at the end of next week.

MIss ZIggy

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Hello Miss Ziggy you sound as though you are well organised 👍 I am also managing lunch at a friends house on Sunday where there will be wine & a pudding but also not stressing about it because not having social events would be awful & this is really just about trying to make sensible low carb choices most of the time😀
    My husband continues to be tempted by flavoured yoghurts & Melba toasts to eat with cheese but I am trying to wean him off things by cooking fresh food from scratch from the Blood Sugar Diet cookery book again. I suppose it involves trying to be more imaginative substituting food & we are still doing some things from MMs clever guts diet with eating some nuts, I have discovered I like pecans, a square of 75% dark chocolate & some kefir with a heaped teaspoon of Inulin each day to keep our gut bacteria happy. Exercise wise I’m still not doing as much as I would like with my Achilles’ tendon still playing up but walking is ok!
    Hope you have an enjoyable weekend
    Margaret xx

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Hi there …

How is everyone getting on? I am doing ok ….my work uniform is still too tight but I will get there. I am this for the long haul this time. At least this time Christmas is a long way off as opposed to last time when I started 1st October 2016. I used to like eating yogurt and fruit for breakfast last time but I find it too cold for my digestive system. I have to wake at 5:30 for work too so eating a cold breakfast is hard. So work days I eat porridge, Non work days I try to have a protein based breakfast. I would love I know how you handle the “munchies”😂 any good ideas for snacks would be most welcome.
    Hope to hear all you news….

MIss ZIggy

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Hello Miss Ziggy
    I’m not doing very well & stayed the same weight last week but have mostly changed back to low carb & following 5:2 eating up to my BMR on non fast days. I tend not to eat breakfast just having a coffee & some kefir with a teaspoon of Inulin. If I do eat breakfast it will be porridge with some dried cranberries or organic full fat yoghurt with a banana & a spoon of honey. On fast days I have coffee but carry a banana with in case of feeling wobbly but I think my body is so used to fasting now. I do sympathise with feeling cold in the morning & anyway rather dislike winter because of the cold & often grey mornings that are so depressing. Could you take a flask of coffee with you for a snack with a few nuts? Or Bovril? For a protein breakfast I ea5 scrambled egg with lean ham or if feeling extravagant smoked salmon.
    Tomorrow we have family coming & a house full & I am producing roast rib of beef with all the trimmings but also lots of veg & raspberry sherry trifle for pud & a fresh fruit salad & lots of different cheeses. I fully expect to eat far more than I should but will go without breakfast.
    I hope you manage to keep warm so early in the morning because I cannot imagine having to go to work at 5-30am & applaud you👏👏👏👏👍
    Margaret xx

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Looks like our thread has died a 💀 death???!! Not much point in contributing to this one anymore😢😢😢😢😢😢😢sad…..

MIss ZIggy

• posted by alliecat
    on

Miss Ziggy, you may find old friends that are still contributing to the community, and are still posting on the maintainers
    thread “After Reaching your Target…” or on the new 4 wk challenge “April Fools”. Why not join in? You’d be very
    welcome!

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Hi Allie,
    Thank you will look to join you🙂👍🏻👍🏻🙂
    MIss ZIggy

• posted by Nickix
    on

Hi Miss Ziggy. Still here but was feeling lonely and thinking the same wondering where everyone had gone 😞. Struggling to get on hope you’re okay xx

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Hello remaining “oldies”
    You have made me feel guilty for not posting & I apologise! Mia culpa!
    I have little to report weightwise & have been doing badly for the past three months not losing any weight but bouncing 2-3 pounds on & off!! I haven’t really recovered from gaining weight with my 70th birthday celebrations & then Christmas & got back into the habit of eating what I liked & drinking a glass of wine on week days.
    I have also been worried about my youngest son who had a lot of blood in his urine & has suspected bladder cancer. He has has a ct scan of his kidneys & bladder that was normal but chickened out of having the more intensive camera into his bladder that will examine the bladder lining to determine the cause of the bleeding. That bleeding has stopped but another urine test detected blood so he has now agreed to have this test that will be next Wednesday.
    Food wise I am eating mostly low carb & good food but probably need to reduce portions & restart some exercise! I am conscious that my knees ache again & have now hurt my right upper arm with I think a muscle strain so I’m falling apart🙁
    Oh well I must get back to BSD routine again!
    Margaret xx

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Hi there Nicki and Wendy,🙂🙂

Its so good to hear from you both.
    So sorry to hear about your son Margaret. I am sure his treatment is in good hands. It must be a worrying time for you and very hard for you to concentrate on yourself and your diet. As you all know I did well when I initially started but have put some of my lost weight back on. I am however back on BSD now. I think my body reacts really well to BSD. When I am on it my waist size reduces I have less brain fog and have more energy. I think the real problem I have is with maintenance. I am like an addict. As soon as I add more carbs I crave more and then eat more thinking it will do no harm🙄but it does. Just before Christmas I noticed the tummy blubber coming back again and my waistbands getting tight again. It’s so annoying. I have had bloods tests in the past and I am clear of diabetes but I wonder if I am what is known as pre diabetic? All my fat is carried around my stomach. Ho hum 😡 I will get there. Another annoying this is that my husband eats cakes sweets crisps mash potatoes by the bucket load and doesn’t have an ounce of fat on his body. Anyway my ranting is over I apologize …so here I am again cutting carbs and sugars. I know it works but maybe I have to come to terms with the fact that this how I have to eat like this for the rest of my life. I wish Michael Mosley would step in one day to advise😂😂
    Nicki are you still BSD ing?
    Margaret I hope you hear good news soon about your son.
    Regards
    MIss ZIggy

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Hello Miss Ziggy
    Lovely to hear from you & thank you for your good wishes regarding my son! we are keeping our fingers crossed that if it is cancer it’s in its early stages so we have to still wait to find out. I did sympathise with my sons reluctance to have a camera inserted into a delicate part of himself but at the same time was really cross he cancelled his earlier within two week referral appointmen. I suppose females have to become more insouciant about intrusive examinations! I did advise him to lie back & think of England😂😂
    Today for lunch we ate a not too bad houmous with carrots, sweet red pepper & celery crudités followed by grapes & a little Kelly’s icecream & I did have a glass of white wine because it is the weekend. We also fasted quite well yesterday until a supper of fish & flageolet beans with mixed veg. Annoyingly for me my husband has maintained his two year weight loss but his bloods do still wobble a bit!
    Oh well I will try to do better & its M & S roast chicken for lunch tomorrow because my body also feels better eating low carb with fewer feelings of indigestion 😊Good luck for next week Miss Ziggy!
    Margaret xx

• posted by Nickix
    on

Hi Margaret and Miss Ziggy. Nice to hear from you both. Margaret tell your son not to worry it’s not too bad! But it’s important that he does as catching early is important. Fingers crossed for you. Miss Ziggy i am now trying to do low card and 5:2 with fasting but then every so often i fall off! For example Thursday I didn’t eat anything all day then at tea time i had 2 slices of toast and pate! Calories wise probably not much over 500 for the day! But not BSD!! 😳 I haven’t had any alcohol for a couple of weeks and have been eating BSD I suppose 80/20 of the time for the last couple of weeks and i can feel my stomach is down but hubby has been out of work for nearly a month so it’s been hard financially too. Got some work now but obviously need to recover first but trying to be good. I definitely fell off over xmas too! But hopefully we’re back now. Margaret i find that if i mix full fat greek yoghurt with some full fat mascarpone cheese them mix in frozen berries wisk up a bit makes an amazing ice cream! Instant one too!! A drop of double cream halps to slacken mixture if needed! All BSD friendly! Have either of you seen the new slimsation book at amazon written by one of the BSD ladies? Some lovely recipes! Good luck let’s get this going we can do it! Onwards and downwards! Xxxx

• posted by Gege_la_gueuse
    on

I’ve started 6 weeks ago and read already the two books during the first month, the clever gut diet and the 8 weeks sugar blood diet. I lost weight around 3,5kg. I started at 61kg. my weakness is the bread… I stopped all pastries, pasta, rice, potatoes. I eat a lot of veggies (I’ve used to). I drink definitely more… around 2-3 liters per day of water. No more juices, smoothy, or sodas. I do my own almond milk. As a french lover I eat of lot of cheeses, but I stopped drinking cow milk. I really have matters to stop bread…. at some periods it’s fine but I crave about it when I go home. Do you have some tips to manage to reduce it ?

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Hi Gege🙂

It seems like you are doing really well. I find that I can alleviate most cravings by making sure I have plenty of BSD foods in the house. It’s the only way for me because if I eat a small amount of bread I know I will never stop. I can resist bread but I find it hard to resist rice….(I cannot stand cauliflower rice). I do think that the longer you remain on BSD most cravings become less intense. . ………right now I could kill a man for a toasted Bagel😂😂😂
    I know I haven’t been much help but the cravings will become weaker!!

MIss ZIggy

on

Miss Ziggy,

thanks for your reply. Indeed and the worst is that I’m craving only on evening, In the morning I don’t need bread, I eat an cheese omelette or some buckwheat crepes with cheese. I’m sure stopping bread it’s the last step and I’m starting soon another challenge… I will add no alcohol challenge at the list. But this will be harder with my actual way of life. Damn ! I will keep you in touch. I’m determined so it should work anyway, stubborn as I am. I’m reading at the moment the fast diet. I want to know everything, I read as well the: PIOPPI diet” that is really interesting about the mediterranean diet. I enjoy so much and I’ve started spreading the word around me.

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Thank you Nickix & Miss Ziggy & good news about my son that his bladder exam showed nothing wrong so he doesn’t have bladder cancer!! I am so happy for him & feeling so relieved almost as though we have all been given a reprieve because we were all so worried.
    Also hello Gege & welcome to this world of trying to improve our health. I have also followed 5:2 for three years now but also BSD for my husband who has kept off his weight. I am still battling on mostly following low carb principles although we drank lots of celebratory wine over the last two days seeing our sons & granddaughters & eating a dark chocolate Easter egg!
    I have found not having any food such as bread or potatoes in the house the best way to deal with a craving for it. I have also read the Pioppi Diet & we usually do have a small piece of 85% dark chocolate each evening but try to keep our red wine drinking to the weekend! We substitute potatoes with sweet potatoes, couscous or quinoa & I have now tried out roasting celeriac, carrots & butternut squash sprinkled with garlicky olive oil that is delicious. Good luck everyone with your diet this next week. I lost two pounds last week & feel encouraged to keep going.
    Margaret xx

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Happy Easter everyone,

Margaret..so happy to hear the good news about your Son. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

I am the same as you. I love my red wine but we only have a glass with our evening meals at the weekend. I have been really good this Easter but I have put it down to having to work on Saturday Sunday and today…so it really doesn’t feel like a bank holiday for me. I make my own scotch eggs so had one for lunch today. I really have to have *go to foods* to survive this diet. We are going away at the end of this month so I hope I can eat BSD until our mini break. I will not BSD while we are away. It’s a two night stay so I will relax the diet a bit😏. My uniform feels a little looser but I know have a way to go!

Hope everyone is having a good Easter🙂🙃🙂🙃🙂😉
    MIss Ziggy

on

I hope everyone got a nice easter. I would to share something surprising. On Sunday, I let myself going for a sundae caramel. You know this yummy fatty ice cream from mv Donalds. I used to eat happily these stuffs, to finish it and want it more. I started the ice cream and I could eat only three spoon, without really enjoying. I let the ice cream on the side and my friend finished it for me. So it’s damn true your taste changes when you do the diet. I’m so happy that I don’t crave for this stuff anymore. No chocolate for me either for the first easter of my life, despite receiving some of them as a present. My flatmates ate all of them. Did this experience happen to you as well ?

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Hi all,
    I am eating the strangest meals at times to stay on this diet…breakfast yesterday was roasted courgette with onions eggs and bacon😂😂😂😂. One thing I do like about BSD is that it really does force me to think out of the box and add more vegetables to my meals which can’t be a bad thing!
    Making ratatouille for tonight’s dinner as I have loads of aubergine in the fridge.
    Hope everyone is well!

MIss ZIggy

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Hello Miss Ziggy
    Well done being inventive sticking to BSD 👍😀 today we will not be!
    We are having friends to lunch two of whom are vegetarian so I have been cooking Indian food for the last two days! Two pulse dishes & a large veg biryiani that does have basmati rice plus a spicy egg chilli cheese protein addition that can be eaten cold with drinks or with the main courses & spicy cabbage & peas. We are having the usual Indian starters samosas, onion bhajis etc with cucumber organic yoghurt raita & I have saved my November birthday wine gifts to share. Pudding is a fresh exotic fruit salad & tarte au citron & Turkish Delight offered with coffee after cheese & grapes plus biscuit if needed. So as you can see some good & some not BSD. I am still fasting & trying to usually not drink wine during weekdays but not doing too well 🙁 I must do better or I’m going to look ridiculous in a swimsuit next January & keep telling myself I have time that I really know will start running out unless I get myself concentrating more.
    I hope everyone is well & I am back to the kitchen for more lunch prep!
    Margaret xx

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Oooh Margaret your lunch menu sounds delicious!!
    👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• posted by Nickix
    on

Hi folks still here but things are going horribly at mo but thanks your messages are helping me xxxx

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Hi Nickix

It’s good to hear from you. I hope you get back on track soon!.

MIss ZIggy

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Today I be eating too many nuts☹️

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Hello Miss Ziggy
    Nuts are good for you😬
    I’m still taking very small incremental steps to get fully back to truly eating the BSD way & particularly find it difficult reducing my wine intake😿 I had porridge for breakfast this morning with dried cranberries & linseed seeds but there are some carbs still in my diet such as occasional cream crackers with cheese, cous cous & sweet potatoes. I don’t know why I am having such difficulties getting back into it because I absolutely must lose my extra weight. My husband & I had our second Nordic pole walking lesson which was great & we will continue so some ongoing exercise !
    Oh well I wish everyone ongoing success because I know BSD is the way to do it to also help our inner gastric biomes that seem much in the news now with people finally realising how it impacts on our overall well being.
    Margaret xx

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Hi Margaret, it’s good to hear from you.
    I am sure that one day you will wake up and you will just feel so motivated and totally commit to BSD again. I was the same for months last year. I had a great initial start, lost a lot of weight and then slowly started eating all the wrong things. But I am back on it again and doing ok. Next week Iam going to try batch cooking/ prep lunches for one week ahead. I was emailed by a web that is offering a ten day trial of advice and recipes for batch cooking/prep. I won’t pay for the full sub but will see what I think of the advice given on the trial. It might inspire me to be more prepared. My one vice is red wine 🍷 I refuse to give up my wine with dinner so will try to keep that avenue of pleasure open for now👍🏻
    Last time I successfully did BSD my sleep patterns improved but not this time…which is a shame☹️

Anyways…have a great weekend and enjoy your wine!!
    MIss ZIggy

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Thank you Miss Ziggy & I’m so pleased you are doing well👍😀
    I am going to reread the BSD book & cookery book to familiarise myself again with why I feel drawn to this way of eating & because I feel as though this year is running away from me without having achieved much that is positive weightwise🙁🤔
    Keep up your good work!
    Margaret xx

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

I am feeling pleased with myself having just completed an hours fast Nordic pole walking around Warnham Nature Reserve luckily before the rain started. Home now to roasted lamb shanks, carrots & peas & a glass of red wine with some spicy rice puff snacks 🙀 , I know those aren’t allowed but clearing the kitchen of tempting things but we do have lemon tart for pudding but I will try to leave the pastry. Then soup for supper because we are also, apart from fast days, trying to eat a larger lunch than supper because recent research suggests our body clock is also important for digesting fats & sugars & any supper should also be eaten before 7pm in daylight! I am back to trying to focus because I only lost 4oz in weight last week😿
    Baby steps being taken here whilst rereading the BSD books. Fast day tomorrow & fish & veg for supper then & trying to rebalance more veg & less fruit. I will also try to keep a glass of wine to the weekend!
    Margaret xx

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Now I have exercise envy…..well done For incorporating exercise into your life👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

1st May & the start of a new month & the realisation that I haven’t really lost much weight since January but trying harder this week. A third Nordic pole walking one hour lesson this morning & a good fast day yesterday but more calories today up to my BMR because my husband fancied Thai food. I restrained myself & had 50g of coconut rice & chicken, veg, & I think some tofu in there that was bought frozen from The Cook Shop & was delicious. So just soup for supper. The Nordic walking was supposed to have burned 400+ calories so a bit of a balance.
    How are you doing Miss Ziggy & is anyone else on here?
    Margaret xx

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Hi Margaret….if only I could find an exercise that I liked doing. Your Nordic pole walking seems an excellent form of exercise( I watched a couple of videos on Utube. )
    It seems we are the only two contributing on here at the moment. I was told a few weeks back that some of the originals have moved on to other threads. We can of course join in!
    I am doing okay except for today. My husband fancied a *gourmet burger for lunch* so had the go naked burger which has no bun and is served with salad and coleslaw. I ate a few of hubbies fries and some onion rings and a glass of wine. Not good I know. But I have to relax and enjoy at times or all of this becomes too hard. My husband will be away for four days this week so will eat good BSD meals while he’s away.
    The good news is a work colleague asked me if I had lost weight yesterday. I haven’t really noticed any significant loss but just happy that she though I had. Like you Margaret I do feel so much better when I eat this way. Just waiting for my sleep patterns to improve. Being menopausal is probably the main cause of my poor sleep patterns. I am also taking probiotic tabs at the moment and eating lots of live yogurt. I have no indigestion of late which is great as I have suffered with IBS for years.
    Today I am off work and have been looking at meal prep ideas online. Its where you place all your fresh ingredients including a sauce into a freezer bag and freeze. You then thaw when needed and throw it into your slow cooker,. I have a fridge load of meat and vegetables etc to pack up and freeze along with home made sauces to make ready meals. Yesterday I was so tired when I came home from work that we ate ham cheese and onion omlette with French beans. Lunch tomorrow will be a Greek salad. Margaret do you ever use Quinoa and is it allowed?
    Oh dear I have been rambling……
    Keep on with your pole walking….I nearly typed pole dancing *chuckles*
    MIss ZIggy

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Hello Miss Ziggy
    Yes we use quinoa, cous cous & bulgar wheat as an occasional accompaniment to meat & fish that are mentioned in The BSD Cook Book as alternatives to rice or potato. You mention using yoghurt but have you tried Kefir? we have it every morning with a teaspoon of Inulin powder that are both prebiotics & vegetables & pulses then act as probiotics with yoghurt to feed our gut bacteria. In the uk both Sainsbury’s & Waitrose sell plain & flavoured ones & we often go to a local farm to buy bottles of kefir made with raw milk. You can make your own Kefir using the “seeds” which are small clusters of live culture that look a little like a bunch of cauliflower or also buy powdered kefir in sachets that cannot be reused. I used to have reflux & a gurgling gut but now am ok.
    Try kefir because there is lots of research backing fermented foods to repopulate our gut bacteria.
    Margaret xx

• posted by Fairyface
    on

Hi Folks,
    I am still here, just reading as I am struggling finding something I fancy to eat and get myself motivated to go for a walk.
    Weight is now 100.9 when I weighed myself on Tuesday after a few days away.
    I dont contribute on other topics, bad of me but I seem to kill threads:-(

Hope you are all well and Wendy1947 so pleased to hear you son has had positive news on his bladder.

Best wishes to you all.

• posted by Nickix
    on

Hi everyone sorry not been contributing but had a lot on recently. My father in law has been in hospital having procedures and ops for collapsed lung and a mass and fluid for a month plus my sister fell off her horse and has broken C1,2&3 in her neck so it’s been hectic! I am trying but you’re keeping me going. I’ve been surprisingly good! Did celeriac mash asparagus with liver onions and bacon! And did enough to freeze for another meal! 😉 well chuffed with myself after yesterday 😆😆 keep it up xxx Nicki

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Hi nickix …
    So sorry you are going through some difficult times. I hope your father in law and sister have a speedy and successful recovery. I love liver and onions but haven’t cooked it in years.i really love it with bacon too. Unfortunately I don’t like celeriac but I might experiment once again with cauliflower mash. I should add it to my list of BSD meals. I am glad that some of us are still here.
    Tonight my husband cooked steak which we ate with a huge salad! He made enough salad for 100 people!! So while he’s away I won’t have to make anymore! Tomorrow I will have a home made burger for dinner with salad.
    Hi fairyface good to see you👍🏻
    MIss ZIggy

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Hello Nickix
    I am sorry to hear about your family emergencies & hope your father in law & sister both recover well. Fairyface thank you we are so relieved about my son & he is even trying to lose his excess weight now!
    We are having a fast day today & I’m still battling to get down to a daily 800 calories. Two meals out on Wednesday when we went to see a matinee of 42nd Street that was brilliant & highly recommended. Lulu did a good job in her first onstage musical. Eating out I just can’t resist having a glass of wine particularly when it’s included in a meal deal🤔
    The sun is shining today with a sunny Bank Holiday to look forward to & lunch at a friends house on Sunday with more wine on offer🙀 Oh well off grocery shopping this morning & I promise to get BSD friendly food.
    I hope you all have an enjoyable weekend.
    Margaret xx

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Hooray I have lost some weight 2 & 1/4lbs so feeling a little more hopeful about being able to get back on track again.👍😀
    I hope you are all enjoying sunshine this weekend my husband & I are off down to the coast to a friends house for lunch & no doubt a walk along the seaside 😎🍷🌞
    Margaret xx

• posted by MissZiggy
    on

Well done Margaret!!
    We must all stick with it . I have to say that I was out at the weekend and two things I use to love to eat (jalapeño tortilla chips and fruit and nut chocolate) I ate both on Saturday night and really hated the taste…..both far too sweet!!!!!😱🤮🤮🤮 I couldn’t finish the chocolate and hated the taste and after taste of the tortilla chips. So I feel happy too. My taste buds have adjusted again. I remember this happened last time👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾.
    BTW did anyone see the autopsy on the obese female on BBC2. It was very interesting and enough to make me never eat fruit and nut chocolate again.

MIss Ziggy

• posted by Wendy1947
    on

Thank you Miss Ziggy I do feel in a better place at the moment & more focused on recording what I eat. It’s good your taste buds have changed & your wish for sweeter things reduced👍
    Which tv programme are you referring to? I saw the one on obesity that showed a bariatric op but not an autopsy & would be interested to see that one. I remember when I was a student nurse being shown cancerous lungs from a patient who had died from lung cancer & it very effectively put me off ever smoking cigarettes as did the tv advert about do you want to kiss an ashtray! Yuk & yuk & a very good visualisation of what not to do!
    My husband & I are off for another Nordic walk with our instructor tomorrow this time in local woods & it looks like the weather is staying sunny.
    I hope you have had an enjoyable Bank Holiday weekend😀😎
    Margaret xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.