100 Club!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Stewart
    on

Well, today I got on the scales and I have done it.

I have dropped 100lb (200 bars of lard) since 26th April.

No hunger.

No cravings

Just healthy, (in my case organic) food.

All thanks to this amazing diet.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Congratulations Stewart! ๐Ÿ˜€ I just worked out how far short I am of joining the club and it’s 16 pounds. I like the new clubhouse, and look forward to joining you in here soon, perhaps after my first Fast 800 8 weeks cycle which is due to begin next Monday.

• posted by Stewart
    on

…pulling up a chair ready to welcome you to our new 100 Club – clubhouse!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Congratulations Stewart ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐ŸŽˆ

I wasn’t aiming for that figure, and reached my target after 91 pounds. But 100 is such a nice, round figure. And now I’m only 4 pounds away from it. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

Hope to join you soon ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

• posted by princesslizzie
    on

Congratulations Stewart, that is really impressive. Can I just ask though, is that since April 2016????

• posted by Jenni from the Block
    on

Wow Stewart, just saw your amazing loss. That is normally such hard work but as you say no cravings etc., however it would have taken toughness. Well done.

• posted by Stewart
    on

Hi PrincessLittle

Yes, since the 26th July 2016

It has not taken long, which is the beauty of this diet.

The motivation in seeing your weight melt away is everything.

Cheers.

• posted by princesslizzie
    on

Wow, that is amazing Stewart! Congratulations for all your hard work. You are an inspiration ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I’ve done it! I’ve made it finally to the 100 pounds loss, so will now make use of that chair. Have we got a fire in this clubhouse, it is getting cold now. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

• posted by Stewart
    on

Wow well done Mixnmatch, the cushions are plumped up and the chair awaits by a roaring log fire.

It is a wonderful feeling, I am now at 113lbs off.

This diet has changed everything.

Onwards and downwards!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Onwards and downwards, indeed. The fire’s lovely, I am just warming my cold hands now.

• posted by Determinedthistime
    on

Congratulations to you 100 lb ers what a fantastic acheivement, so inspirational – you must feel fantastic! Hope to join your clubhouse, sometime next year.

• posted by Fit_My_Jeans_Again
    on

That’s really, really so impressive. Congratulations, you must be so chuffed with yourself.

• posted by Stewart
    on

I hope we will be welcoming many more members to the 100 club soon.

The fire is lit, the chairs are comfy and, well, we are all great losers.

But seriously, 100lbs an amazing amount of weight to shed, and a life changing amount.

I was finding life harder and more difficult, and the comments from people did not help.

Now I feel 30 years younger and have so much energy.

My target is getting closer 210lbs.

At 247lbs right now.

And 113lbs of weight loss.

• posted by Stewart
    on

So fellow 100 members…

What would be the one tip you would give to someone starting, mine would be keep reading the book and weigh everything. (I suffer from portion drift)

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

My tip would be don’t give up, even if life gets in the way and you go off course for a while. I’ve had weeks, even months ‘off plan’ but always got back to it.

• posted by pace
    on

Hi and congrats to you little big losers. Well done for enhancing your health and well-being. Enjoy it.
    Come on…give us some more tips ๐Ÿ™‚
    What was your go-to meal plan for the day, that got you through initially?
    Did you ever struggle with feeling deprived when choosing not to eat that cake? How did/do you overcome that?

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

My meal plans always changed from day to day, but the key was planning in advance and checking how my plans stacked up nutritionally. I honestly believe I have never eaten so healthily even though I am on the Fast 800 at the moment, because there is no junk calories in that 800, and it is the ultimate balanced diet. My weight loss rate has increased as I got more focused on the details.

Initial go to meals in the evening were usually stir fries, with whatever vegetables I either had lying around or Waitrose were selling off cheap, or omelettes. Fish and green vegetables at least once a week. (3 this week, trout, salmon and smoked haddock.) Breakfasts either low (ish) carb porridge, usually buckwheat flakes with Linwoods nuts and flaxseed mix to bulk it out, then later with chia seeds as well, flavoured with cocoa, or cinnamon. Yoghurt (Fage or other full fat Greek style) also either flavoured with cocoa or cinnamon, with fruit, cocoa nibs, nuts, pine nuts, etc. Bacon and eggs occasionally, with mushroom and tomato. Lunches are typically salad or soup. Occasionally microwaved leftovers, if they fit in. I have only recently bought the recipe book, but have currently lent it out so am still improvising my own meals generally. Cauliflower mash was probably the single most important ‘replacement’ as I have always loved mash based dishes. Even my OH prefers the cauli mash ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Use plenty of spices and flavourings, chilli peppers, garlic etc. Your tastes will change as they clear of the carb fog, so experiment. I hope this is helpful.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Quite honestly I don’t think I ever felt deprived, one of the off plan periods I had before I started the Fast 800 was around my 50th birthday and shortly after a week camping holiday in France. I chose to eat the birthday cake. (Not diabetic so no blood sugar spiking issues) and the rather nice apple cake at the final night banquet in France, along with the champagne, but generally ate reasonably healthily in that period, and when I started back strictly on the diet again, it only took me just over a week to lose the 5 pounds I’d put on in three weeks, so probably some of it was water. Once the carb cravings are gone, you stop seeing the cake as an object of desire at all to a large extent. At work, the staff have a cake club that bring in cakes every Friday lunchtime and I can look at them and feel no desire to tuck in. Last year in my longer off plan period I ate rather too many Almond croissants, I can now look at them and while I am fairly sure I would still like them, want one quarter the size ๐Ÿ˜Š I am intrigued by my own reaction, is it just super exercised will power, and as soon as I take the low calorie brakes off, will temptation strike and get me back on the cake ? I guess I will find out to some extent this Christmas. I have won the job of making the Christmas cake for the family this year.๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Snoop
    on

Congratulations to the members of the 100 club. A tremendous achievement.

• posted by Peapod
    on

What an amazing loss , 100 lbs , I am in awe of you all. My aim is to lose 100lbs and I am only in week 2 . I would be interested to know whether you have all combined the diet with exercise.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Congratulations everyone. ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ’

Two pounds more and I can join you. ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

At my heaviest in Feb 2015 it was actually the exercise I started first, along with very basic 5:2 fasting. I went to a local council Back to Fitness class, at lunchtime thanks to the kind permission of my boss to have slightly longer lunchtime and work the time later. Zumba/yoga/step/aerobics all mashed up into an hour session and different every week. It stopped after a few weeks due to lack of interest from others at lunchtime, but luckily I had rediscovered my love of social badminton, and started playing again. I have a cross trainer in front of the TV as well, but don’t use it nearly as much as I should, and I rarely make 10,000 steps during the week, but almost always make it at weekends.

• posted by Stewart
    on

My story is a simple one, I was pre diabetic, and it flicked a switch, I am not going to let this happen.

So I listed the things that made me fat and ill, so I could avoid them, if a friend did that to you you would avoid them!

Then the diet book arrived.

To begin with I ate large quantities of low calorie things like prawns, celery, ham, raddish.

Then as I got used to living without wine and carbs (which I found easy) I went through the chicken weeks, the sea bass phase, then the steak and salad phase, I am now eating yogurt and nuts, 1 or two tubs for breakfast and lunch and then a hearty soup in the evening, white onion and mustard is a favourite and simmering away right now.

As the journey progressed I felt more and more energised and started to cycle, 1 painful mile became two, the four, then eight and now I am doing 100 miles a week.

If you stick to the plan you can.

I have been on holiday, been working away with others, staying in hotels and have 100% stayed on plan.

It is such a brilliant and easy to follow diet.

• posted by Verano
    on

Well done Stewart you are doing so well and a great achievement to lose 100lbs!!

I really think the most telling thing you say was ‘ if you stick to the plan you can’ so so true!

We just all need to ‘stick to the plan’ then ‘we can’!!!!

Well done to you and the other 100 pounders! Keep going you are all an inspiration to the rest of us!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Well done Stewart, and well said.

Slimming club leaders used to say ‘the plan works, if you work the plan’. Like you, I’I’ve stuck to the plan in many different situations, both work and social, at home or in hotels, in England or abroad.

This really is such a simple plan to follow. All we have to do is follow it and stay on it.

• posted by pace
    on

yes, very encouraging. Let us know how the maintenance is going. How are you (planning) to maintain? Do you guys have a plan?

• posted by Stewart
    on

I am still loosing, and want to loose another 30lbs or so.

As far as maintaining, well, I look forward to relaxing the number of calories slowly, but have no intention of going back to my old ways. I will eat more of the things that make me feel so good and so energised here…

My favourites are

Blueberries
    Lemon and Ginger as a drink
    Mixed nuts
    Yogurt
    Salads
    Leafy Veg
    Lean chicken
    Sea Bass
    Smoked Haddock
    Hard boiled eggs
    Courgettes (Currently loving courgette and lemon soup)
    Apple and Grape fruit bags from McDonalds
    Subway salads
    White onion and mustard soup

So many good things.

But I adore the lemon and ginger – juice half a lemon add a mug of water and good grating of ginger, bring to the boil and pour into a mug… If it goes cold it is a refreshing summer drink, hot it is a comforting and warming winter drink.

• posted by pace
    on

Thanks for sharing everyone. I read ALL of captainlynne’s posts today…yes ALL, I needed the insight and inspiration. Thank you.for your regular posts and congratulations on reversing your health issues – AMAZING – and what a relief that must be.
    I’m 2 weeks in. I’ve been doing great. Feeling a bit lethargic? emotional? hungry/deprived? today, just like a little background nagging funk…so I need to take a breath and not try to find solace in the fridge. My only coping mechanism is – NO WAS – to eat sugary fatty foods. I have to re-learn everything. It’s not lack of knowledge with me, it is that I am emotionally driven /addicted to eat. Having said that, no-one knows it all, so I am always keen to learn more and hopefully the penny will drop one day and I can be free of my ‘processed food’ addiction.
    I lost 2 stone on a similar low carb diet before, but I managed to gain 4 stone back, so a bit freaked out, I’ve never been this overweight in my life and it scares me that I am capable of getting so big, without ANY apparent effort.
    Sorry if I shouldn’t be posting on this thread, but I am already thinking I need to consider what I will do for maintenance so I can get my head around it, because I have found maintaining the hardest bit.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi pace ….. just keep going as you are …. it’s working!!!

Worry about maintainance when you reach your goal!!! Get there first , don’t sabotage yourself!!

on

Hi Stewart, congrats on your ongoing success, I hope I can do as well as you. I love the sound of your soups, especially the onion and mustard. Can you post quantities of ingredients please ? Many thanks.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Pace

As Verano says – keep on going until you reach your goal. There will be plenty of time later in your journey to think about maintaining.

I changed my mind many times along the way when thinking about it. Now I’m at that point I’m keeping it simple. Just gradually increase calories but keep low carb. That seems to be working.

I’ve just got back from 10 days in Italy, not counting calories but keeping low carb. Ok, I gained one pound but I’ve allowed myself a little ‘wriggle room’ from my original target do I’m not stressing. And our weight naturally fluctuates a little anyway.

Keep us posted of your progress please.

on

FAB! Thanks Doug, I’ll definitely make this tomorrow. Let you know how I get on ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I’m not thinking about maintenance yet, except in the most basic terms, I still have just under a stone to go to my initial target. What I think I will probably do is use 6:1 with 1 day at 800 to keep that feeling of being in control, and if the weight starts going up again with too many indulgences go to 5:2 until it is gone again. Probably not before a half a stone swing though, as I know weight tends to fluctuate.

• posted by Peapod
    on

Thanks Mixnmatch, might see if I can find a similar course. I am just walking at the moment, too embarrassed to join normal exercise classes. Hope to be back playing badminton one day.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Not my official weighing day but this morning the scales showed 8st 11lbs, making total loss to date of 101 pounds, so can I come into this club now please? ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Heragain
    on

Congratulations to all of you ‘100 pounds plus’ members. You are impressive and inspiring. Just wondering how much of a problem loose skin is with this amount if rapid weight loss, especially for those in an older age group (like me!)

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Heragain – not much of a problem for me (66 years old female).

Arms – I wear sleeves anyway.
    Stomach – never going to be flat after two Caesarean Sections.

Any loose skin (for me) is a minor issue compared with the health benefits. But I really don’t have much loose skin anyway. Perhaps I am fortunate. And what there is, can normally be under clothing.

• posted by Heragain
    on

Good to hear. Thankyou.

• posted by Stewart
    on

Hi,

I am a 56 year old male.

So far I am on 114lbs loss, and no skin problems yet, I do have some loose skin at the top of my arms, but I can always build some upper arm muscle if this continues to be a problem. My tummy seems to be fine, (it has shrunk from 48 inch waist to 36 (soon to be 34) and while there is certainly no 6 pack neither is there a noticeable overhang any more.

And

Welcome to the 100 club Captainlynne

Pull up a chair and a full fat yogurt!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Congratulations Captainlynne – that is an awesome weight loss.

Also congratulations to Stewart and Mixnmatch on your fantastic weight losses.

It is so good to hear that you all have incorporated the BSD into your lives so successfully. I am finding the same – that as long as I don’t eat the bad carbs I have no craving for them.

This way of eating has made me realise that a lack of willpower wasn’t the reason I failed on all the other diets over the last 40 years. I failed because the bad carbs set off really serious cravings for them because they have always caused wild blood sugar swings. The food is so delicious and satisfying that I am looking forward to staying on it long term and staying diabetes free.

• posted by Stewart
    on

Hi KrisiaD

I agree 100%

I have battled with my weight my whole life, today I am the lightest I have been in 40 years.

The cravings, the always being hungry is something I have had to live with, and it has been hard. Very hard.

As long as I keep off processed/refined carbs I am fine, it is so strange the only time in my life I have not been hungry or experiencing cravings is while I have been loosing weight.

To be free from cravings is incredible.

This diet has really given me back control of my life, and to be fit, lighter and healthy is the best feeling ever.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Welcome Lynne, pull up a chair ๐Ÿ˜€ I am on 102 pounds gone now, and with only a couple of weeks to go until the end of my 800 8 weeks I am planning my next step. I still need to lose some more weight, unlike you, as I am still in the overweight category and am determined to at least try out being in the healthy weight category for a while. BMI is now 25.9 from my highest point of 42.3. I think I will move to the 5:2 variant, varying the number of fast days as I need to, as I have until April to lose the rest.

As far as the conversation about loose skin is concerned, I have a little around the stomach, and a little on the arms, but none noticeable when I am clothed. My face is a little more lined, but not significantly.

I agree with Stewart about the significance of this diet and the freedom from cravings, it is quite incredible to me now to see people eating the sort of portion sizes I used to think nothing about putting away, and then have a whole evening drinking wine as well.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I hope there are no weird initiation rituals to join this club. Having lost 100+ pounds since August 1st, 2016, is weird enough already.

I don’t know my exact loss figure because I didn’t begin weighing myself until the last week in August. I had managed to avoid the scale for 15 years or so, and I wasn’t ready to confront the cold, hard figures when I began the BSD. I did measure bust, waist and hips and that’s what I went on for a while. I lost at least one dress size in those early weeks, probably two, and my OH estimated I’d lost 20 pounds. No idea if that’s true, but it was at least 10.

When I stepped on the scale on August 25th, I weighed 292.4 pounds. That turned out to be a plateau week. Yes, the first time I braved a scale in a decade and a half, the plateau monkey was on my back, laughing uproariously at my confusion, that bastard. I went up and down and all around until September 1st when the losses began again.

Because I didn’t know the real figure, I decided I’d assume my starting weight was an even 300 pounds. It was more than that, but the round figure pleased me, and I knew I wouldn’t be overestimating my loss if I used that as a baseline. Eight months later, today the scale has embraced me with a starting digit of 1 for the first time in 20 years, 199.4 pounds, to be precise.

I still have a long way to go, at least 70 pounds, to bring me into the healthy BMI for someone of my height (I’m 5’2″), but crossing this threshold is like a turbo boost to keep me going until I reach my final goal. Plateaus, random weight gains out of nowhere, the tediousness of having to measure everything, all the annoyances that take on such gigantic, looming proportions when you’re working so hard to achieve your health and fitness goals, are tiny little Mighty Mouses when you pull back and look at the big picture.

Final tally: 100+ pounds lost, 11 inches lost from my waist, 7 from my bust and 17 from my big ol’ butt. I am now a US size 16. I was a 30 when I started.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Wow, Esnecca – that is some achievement, you should be very proud of yourself. A HUGE well done to you, and everyone else who is a member of the 100 Club. Totally awesome! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

No initiation rituals at all, just pull up a comfy chair and we’ll have a nice chat. It is still pretty quiet in here at the moment but I am sure many of those who had over 100 pounds to lose have a lot less now! It will soon get busier.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Thank you, Theodora. Has anyone ever told you you’d make an excellent cheerleader?

Thank you for the warm welcome, Mixnmatch. JulesMaigret has to be on the verge of joining the club. He hasn’t been around for a few days, but I hope when he returns it’ll be his turn for the paddling with the cricket bat. Not that there are any such initiation rituals in this club. No certainly not. Nothing like that. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by Stewart
    on

Just an update I have now hot 150lbs off and well, for the first time in my adult life I am thin!

I am between 34 and 3 inch waist (I was 46)

I fit in large clothes I was 5XL heading to XL

I am out walking 10 miles in the hills on a Saturday.

I used to find a walk into town more than enough.

This diet have done something very powerful, it has given me my life back.

So let us all celebrate…

I now celebrate not with food, but by buying clothes!

And it is taking my head a long time to catch up with my body.

But then this time last year I was 26 stone.

And now well, you can do the math!

Yay!

• posted by Theodora
    on

HaHa Esnecca – yes it has been said on occasion! I do like to rally and organise people. Sometimes seen as a strength, sometimes seen as a b****y annoying trait, I know. Sorry!!

Someone else who seems to be a one hundred clubber, whom I’ve been concerned about recently, as she doesn’t seem to have been posting at all on any of the threads is Captainlynne. Anyone heard from her? Or have I just missed her posts?

And WOW Stewart, just WOW!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.