100 Club!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Stewart
    on

Oh, thanks Theodora, just plodding on…

At 140lbs I went up to 1200 calories a day, and stopped loosing for a week or tow, but it has started again now.

I aim to keep eating to the plan, but have a little more to eat as I get to my target.

(I am under target 1)

A few lbs off target 2

And wondering about dropping my goal another stone, as I never thought I would ever be anywhere near this light!

I hope you are loosing and loving the new you that is emerging…

(That is how I see it with myself, the fat that was slowing me down and making me lethargic is melting away leaving the real me)

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Well said, I also feel like the real me has emerged from a smothering cocoon of fat.

I have lost about 120 pounds now, and reached my target which was the weight I had to slim down to when I got married. Of course since I am also fitter now than I was then that means slimmer so I bet my wedding dress will be baggy when I try it on again on my 25th wedding anniversary next month.

I haven’t seen any posts from Captainlynne either lately, hoping she is okay.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Well done everyone – have just been reading your posts. You have all lost a stunning amount of weight – it is so inspirational.

I have also noticed Captainlynne hasn’t posted lately but hopefully we will hear from her soon.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi KrysiaD and Mixnmatch *waves*

I’m still around – just that I was very busy, then on holiday. Still playing catchup with work since I got home very late on Thursday.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

I thought that was probably the case, welcome back and I hope you enjoyed the holiday.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

See my other (very long) post for more information. In a nutshell, it was good, interesting and challenging. Can’t wait to go back!

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Afternoon all,

Just pulling up a red leather wing-back chair in the oak-panelled halls of the Club. A Romeo Y Julieta Belicoso on my lips, a small glass of Quinta Da Cavadinha at my side, and a well thumbed copy of The Saga of King Hrolf Kraki on my knee. All accompanied to the rousing tones of Cavalleria Rusticana drifting across the room…..

Ten months in and 100lbs gone and ahead of my target of my birthday in two weeks.

Well actually, it’s a cheap office chair in a Marriott in the Midlands, I’m chewing a pen (low carb), with a mug of green tea and going through a restructuring plan for a Spanish IT team that I’m presenting tomorrow. But I am listening to Mascagni. So not all bad!

My sincere thanks to everyone on this site for your gracious support, wise insight and practical suggestions, without which I know that I wouldn’t have managed this.

Good luck to everyone!

Now to start thinking about tapering down to maintenance……….

• posted by Stewart
    on

Hello 100lb members

I hit my target some time ago, 160lbs gone.

What.an amazing diet!

• posted by Stewart
    on

And of course I hope the presentation goes well Jules (and greetings from a nearby East Yorkshire)

Life is very different when you are thin(er)

• posted by Verano
    on

JM what can I say ….. great, well done, brilliant, you’re the bees knees!!

You really can draw up that chair in the 100 club. Please don’t disappear now let us know how you get on maintaining. I, for one, always get more inspiration from those who lose and maintain, than from the losers.

I really hope to join you there one day but it’s a while off for me yet.

Once again great achievement, well done!

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Congratulations, Jules! We’ve been waiting for you in the clubhouse, swirling our snifters of Remy (okay water) and puffing on our (soap bubble) pipes.

Wow, Stewart, your determination and achievement are truly inspiring. Well done you!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Welcome to the club Jules, life does look very different from this side of the door. Please keep us posted with the rugby training and maintaining success stories (or not!) And good luck with the next part of your journey. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ Hi Stewart, good to see you hit your target, and hopefully now maintaining it well. It is an amazing way of eating, and here to stay as I am not going back to how I was. 110 pounds was where I hit my target, got to a few pounds below that for ‘wriggle room’ and have set myself a zone of three pounds either side of my target where I am happy without any intervention.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

JulesMaigret – fantastic achievement – very well done. I think you will do absolutely great on maintenance.

Stewart – you have lost an amazing amount of weight. You are right that it is an amazing diet.

• posted by dumptynomore
    on

Hi – This thread is so truly inspiring? Thank you Stewart for setting it up. And – can i just say – so many congratulations to all you 100-clubbers!
    I don’t post often but I am posting here today because your enthusiasm and success has spurred me on and not to giveup. I know you all know the periods of extreme mental fatigue we experience in trying to be healthy and the physical fatigue just carrying ourselves. You would think that should give me the incentive to just do it! I just get so tired of it all. But then you read comments here and know that it can be done.

I won’t post my history here, although I have done so on my profile – (Need to update that) – and a heartbroken post on ‘New life for determined Alcoholic.’ I did well last March losing 22 pounds in 8 weeeks, went on to slowly lose 3.5 stones , then majorly fell by the way – life happens unfortunately! But I am heartbroken and really really tired of it all.

Anyway , here I am -restarted again. And i just wanted to say thank you to all for showing me it can be done.

I hope and pray one day I can join you. Thanks for listening.

Hopetobedumptynomore by this time next year.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi dumptynomore my aim is to eventually join this club too.

I read your profile and just wanted to help a little bit if I can. Great that you lost over 3st so you can do it. I think its harder if you don’t have a medical condition such as diabetes. Often when times get hard and we want to give up because the weight loss is slow or even non-existent, we carry on because we say … ok weight loss not brilliant BUT my Blood Sugar/ retinopathy/ blood pressure etc. is lower than before BSD, so there’s my reason to carry on despite everything else.

You have had success and you have come back so that’s great. I think you are being really hard on yourself looking for the ‘perfect’ 8 weeks all the time. I find 8 very hard so way back in October last year I started a 4 week thread and they continue today. Lots of people find 4 weeks more manageable. When I’m really desperate, like now with holiday weight gain, I do a ‘short, sharp, shock’ of 7 days …. just 7 days! I usually start a 7 day thread and its amazing how many people join in just to give themselves a kick up the backside. It usually works. We just have to keep finding strategies to carry on until BSD becomes second nature.

Planning food works for me too. I use the fatsecret app but there are others too. So I weigh, log and count everything even on the bad days when digestive biscuits or crisps rear their ugly heads. You’d be amazed how it helps to log the not so good days. For me, it stops me going completely over the top, and helps me to stop after maybe 2 biscuits. I’m no saint but I do find fatsecret helps me keep control.

This isn’t a race! Some people are, or have to be, absolutely strict with every mouthful and loose weight consistently each week. The majority of us are ‘only human’ and have good/bad times but stay within the principles of this WOE and do lose weight and reduce our blood sugars etc. So, coming to the end of my first BSD year I find that I have lost weight slowly but consistently each month but more importantly life no longer ‘gets in the way’. I adapt my life to fit in with my new way of eating. This isn’t a ‘diet’ to start and finish it’s a way of life so birthdays, holidays, Christmas etc. can all fit into the plan without too much hardship. My rule is no bread, rice, pasta or potatoes. I do have wine on holidays etc and I often feel the need for ‘crunch’ so have the odd digestive. I do put on weight on holiday, usually around 5lbs in three weeks but I deal with it as soon as I get back.

You can lose weight, and keep it off, it just takes time to get into this WOE and some determination. Maybe one day we’ll both join this club! Good luck with your journey.

• posted by dumptynomore
    on

Hi Verano – thanks for that very lengthy reply – it would have taken me ages as I am one finger typer :). Well – maybe two – :))

You have been a tremendous help – I always think ‘What don’t I know about losing weight?’ Your post has shown that to be quite a lot, actually! I am very lucky I have escaped a medical history at the age of almost 59 but my luck will run out at some point! I’m guessing soon if I don’t get my act together – might need to make that my incentive. You’re right when you say you have that when you already have a condition. I think I self sabotage for some reason. I managed to get from an all time high of 17stone 2 pounds to 10stone 10 pounds 2011-2012 – what the hell goes on in my head – honestly – so cross with myself. Then worked so hard last year and did it it again.

I’m so bloody stupid trying to think I could have a perfect 8 weeks , then just ended up gaining weight. I am a perfectionist by nature – all or nothing – it was never going to work. Again you are right to break in to small chunks. Much as I poopoohed journalling, I redfacedly admit That is exactly what I am doing – one day at a time. Even seven days would probably be too long for me. My name is dumptynomore – I am a sugar addict! There – I have said it! Onwards and upwards! With food planning – thanks.

Everything you have said makes so much sense and brought calm and order to me. You know how your mind goes in a whirl and you can’t think straight! So -I’m in it for the long haul – 95 pounds to lose – will be over a hundred if you count the initial starting weight of 16 stones. I want to get down to 8stones 7 pounds – however long that takes – no race as you say.

How much have you to go before being initiated into the great halls of this club. Hopefully , there will still be room for us. Going to take me at least a year and a half.

Feeling so much more positive – thank you so much, Verano! Some very supportive people around, thankfully. BTW – any suggestions what could replace a biscuit to go with a cup of tea – it’s ‘too wet without one.’ :))

Stilldumpty

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Dumpty glad I could be of some help.

Sometimes we just get these things completely out of perspective. I think that lots of people are attracted to BSD because of the dramatic weight loss that some achieve in 8 weeks. BUT it doesn’t work like that for everyone. I think it’s all to do with mindset at the end of the day and once you get into the zone then it gets easier. It’s not a diet it’s a way of life if you have diabetes.

Don’t think of it as ‘one lump’ of weight break it down into chunks. Take a look at ‘2017 What’s your mini-goal’, or similar.

As for the tea! Well, I’m not a ‘dunker’ I like my biscuits crunchy by themselves without a drink. I doubt though that they would taste anywhere near as good with a glass of water …. just as ‘wet’ but not as hot! Maybe time to dump the tea!

In the words of sunshine-girl we just have to ‘keep on keeping on….’

• posted by dumptynomore
    on

Hi Verano – I just saw that you are celebrating a birthday – congratulations – you have done so so well – proof that you get there in the end. That actually might be my problem – I just want it all gone – now! Anyhoo, I’ve taken all your comments on board and decided to go for ‘a brick not a building.’ Used to work with somebody that used that phrase all the time – very apt. And ‘keep on keeping on’ a la sunshine girl and ‘bloody never give up’ a la Bloke41.

Already into a nice wee routine, and feeling so much happier! Hehe to biscuit dunker – I don’t dunk either – I think I’ll probably just do without – maybe start with green tea – saw a girl on line who swears her weight loss was accelerated by drinking that.

I see you have a momentous year comng up – wish you all the best with everything and your continiuing journey here – hopefully we can bag a seat in 100 club – that would be dream come true for me! Haven’t been that weight since I was 13 years old! May never happen but I can dream ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Verano
    on

Thanks dumptynomore. Don’t we all wish it could all be gone in one ‘whoosh’ but your idea of one brick at a time sounds good enough to win in the end.

Not very fond of green tea but I can see that you wouldn’t need a biscuit with it!

Yes, let’s start thinking about pulling up that chair, it’s possible, just have to ‘keep on keeping on’ and remember that our fate is in our own hands or maybe that should be mouths!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh my goodness i am sooooo thrilled to join this clubhouse..i feel like pinching myself..could i possibly really be here ..when 51 weeks ago nothing in my wardrobe fitted and i was facing buying size 24s, and i looked a total mess??
    Proud to be in the company of all you BSD warriors! Need to recharge my ipad,back later to read all the posts!
    This is sooooooo exciting! xx

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Welcome, Yowzer. Pick a club chair and kick back. There’s plenty of space in this clubroom because we all had to lose a whole person to get in. ๐Ÿ˜€

How wonderful that you reached such an important goal a week before your first BSD birthday. Congratulations on your spectacular achievement!

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Congratulations Yowzer really pleased for you. I’d been wondering where you were. Hope all is well.

• posted by Verano
    on

Yowzer ….. WONDERFUL! Really great going.

I so hope to join you in the next six months or so. No time limits for me because it only leads to failure. Still around 45lb to go for me but I’d like a red leather chair if there’s one available !!!!

Really wonderdul achievement. Great respect for you . Onwards and onwards …. just need to keep on keeping on. Do you need to lose anymore?

• posted by Stewart
    on

Hi everyone.

I just love this diet, I have been working with a team of friends, and they have been drinking wine and feeling rough in the morning, I have been on sparking water, then they keep feeling hungry, I am still never hungry and then the best thing ever.

I was looking for a top and the lady selling the fisherman’s smocks (I love them for walking in) said you are easy to measure as you don’t have a tummy.

Wow, 4 months ish since reaching target and that is music to my ears.

Still maintaining.

Some weeks I am up a few lbs, some weeks down, but within 4 or 5 lbs all there time…

It is so humbling to read so many stories, so many lives changed…

Well done fellow 100ers

• posted by dumptynomore
    on

Yowser – so well done – I am excited for you and dancing just as much as you are for you (well maybe not so much because I can’t at the moment but you know what I mean. ๐Ÿ˜€ We all know just how how hard it is to lose weight but everybody that makes it here just makes excited to know it’s not impossible! Get that bunting up and celebrate with the elite!

Slightlylessdumpty x

• posted by dumptynomore
    on

Hi Verano – thanks for your reply and your support – not be long before your here too. Can’t wait to see you here and be congratulating you!

Slightlessdumpty x

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks ANNIEW! X
    Ps are you the same AnnieW from 5:2 forum? X

• posted by AnnieW
    on

Yep ๐Ÿ˜€. I’ve cut the carbs and am more or less maintaining (always looking to lose 4 vanity pounds). Gone back to 24hr water fasts this week on Monday and Thursday. Not done that for a while, been doing 18:6, but feel ready for it again. I hope you get some positive news re your oedema.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Well done on maintaining ANNIEW!!! Thanks for yr well wishes re oedema,got appt coming up next week
    Am i remembering rightly that you had an accident on yr horse? Hope all repaired now x ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒธ
    Ps Im Candice on 5:2 forum X
    STEWART what a massive inspiration and encouragement you are for us all! X ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿฝ

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thank you so much DUMPTYNOMORE X and well done on climbing back on yr horse,clippety clop!
    Youve successfully lost before and you can do it again x i know those times of physical/ mental fatigue with the whole weightloss caboodle but dont let it sabotage you..find something that gives you a lift or a little reward to help you over the phase,be kind to yrself,just dont make it carb related! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰ xx

• posted by dumptynomore
    on

Thanks for the encouragement Yowser – yeeeeeha! (Cracking the whip good and proper now!) I did a fair bit of whingeing a couple of weeks ago but you’ll be glad to know I’m in a much better place now. I will be kind to myself – with a bit of Kale or something – doesn’t quite have the same ring about it as a Fench Fancy. Suffice it to say French Fancy and I are now divorced. And I have disowned toast and butter -and sugar – that can take a running jump too. There – I feel so much better now!
    Wishing you continued success Yowser – please hang around – we need maintainers to keep us moving forward!
    Slowbutsuredumpty

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks DUMPTYNOMORE…sounds like you’re right in the zone! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
    Keep up the good work! So pleased you have dumped Mr Kipling! And the toast etc..the less you have carby stuff,the less you crave it, and then yr carb monster has to admit defeat and run away! XX ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by fatrabbit
    on

I am really looking forward to joining this club. I am around the 90lbs lost mark and determined to see it through until the end. I am now in healthy BMI territory but want to go further. I have consistently lost 10 lbs a month up to this 9 month mark and want to see if I can keep that going right up to the 100lb checkpoint. I may need extra motivation this month, hence posting here.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

You can do it ( not so) FATRABBIT!
    Well done on yr success so far!
    youre right i think to look for extra motivation on this final lap…the end is in sight and you dont want to ruin the smooth progress so far! But i found at that point in my journey, i was beginning to flag coz was starting to get a bit bored.
    These last few weeks ive mixed things up a bit and done my own version of the BSD10 day detox. This meant i ate some different foods than usual which was a pleasant change and for the ten days i had no dairy. I didnt count carbs either,and i didnt follow the instructions re taking ( many and expensive) supplements,just took a good vit/ min supplement and the magnesium and cranberry that i always take. I didnt do the half hour when you wake in the morning exercises either,but i lost three pounds. But the main thing was,the slight changes were a breath of fresh air and a welcome change.
    Hwoever keep on doing exactly what youre doing if youre happy to,just keep focusing on yr goal and how close you are to it! You will LOVE it in the clubhouse! ๐Ÿ˜„ X

• posted by fatrabbit
    on

I have been a bit bored the last couple of months and considered giving it a rest and contenting myself with a BMI under 25, and actually tried to just do 5:2. It wasn’t particularly successful as I don’t feel as well when I eat more and my arthritic hands became much more painful as I was eating more dairy. So I am am cutting that out again. It only took a few days for them to calm down again and the congestion I was experiencing improved as well. I may go back to being vegan although getting enough fat can be difficult, and I do love cheese. I never count carbs but don’t eat any except in veg anyway. I think eating a nice colourful variety of veg is more important than not eating the few carbs they contain. I naturally seem to fall into an alternate day pattern with the occasional splurge which is usually followed by a whoosh. I am learning to trust my body and hope that I will eventually reach an equilibrium point where my body chooses to be after the rest of the excess body fat has departed. There is certainly another ten that needs to go though.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

I’m in the home stretch myself, fatrabbit. (You’re going to have to change your username now that you’re in the healthy BMI range.) I’m not bored, thankfully, because I love to cook and experiment, but I’ve certainly been struck with bouts of intense fatigue during which I felt exhausted by all the measuring/weighing/planning. That’s how it has to be with me, however, until I reach my goal. The end is in sight. Eyes on the prize, rabbit!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

ESNECCA yeh it can get sooo exhausting sometimes,the measuring,planning,weighing!
    But worth it,so worth it…i feel like someone gave me the key at last to getting where’ i wanted to be weight wise,after all the miserable times calorie counting,going hungry,gritting my teeth then giving up coz..it was just too difficult on so many levels to be that hungry…
    I am so grateful to my friend who gave me the heads up to try BSD
    (Not so ) FATRABBIT! I too can well afford to lose another seven to ten pounds! Onwards and downwards girls n boys! Like ESNECCA said,the end is in sight … We are heading towards that finishing line..wooohooo! X
    GO US,we rock!

• posted by fatrabbit
    on

I never measure anything, I am a guestimate sort of person, but it has worked well. I think it is the changes made to cut out carbs that have helped the most, and I use a short eating window to contain my appetite too. I usually eat only once a day but drink lots of black coffee and herbal teas. I feel so good when I don’t eat. I can’t get anything done while I am digesting food. I have to get my work done first. Now that I know food is responsible for how rubbish I usually felt I doubt that I will go back to ever eating much. And the weight loss is brilliant too. I feel as if I look like me now rather than being buried under that miserable exterior layer. It feels fantastic to be this close to having achieved what seemed impossible a year ago.

• posted by dumptynomore
    on

Morning newmerabbit – hope you don’t mind me changing your name. Loved reading your story and especially how well you feel now. I find it totally inspiring and really hope one day I can achieve the same. Hit rockbottom in June, but I am happy to say that it had the effect of setting me on track. Now getting there slowly but surely. Thankyou for your inspiration

gettingtheredumpty

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Hi DUMPTYNOMORE so pleased to hear that yourekeeping on track after setback in June! Onwards and downwards! X

• posted by dumptynomore
    on

Hi Yowser – thanks. I can only credit the support I have received here to summon the courage to get back on track, you being one of them. But I’m cruising now, thankfully. Was at a wedding yesterday – so glad I started when I did. I felt good in my outfit and was good to catch up with family and friends. I have regained 2.2 pounds this morning but that does not phase me at all – water weight – and I’m straight back on track today. I have adopted the mantra – ‘slow and steady wins the race.’ I’m not letting this rule my life any longer and I am happy with every pound I lose ,no matter how long it takes. The first page in my diary is a sunset on a dert island and I have superimposed on it – ‘Enjoy the journey’ and that’s exactly what I am doing. I am planning to trek the GrandCanyon to celebrate my 60th , so I know I will be doing that on October 18th 2018. Plenty of time to acieve something I have been talking about for years! The weight loss and the trek!
    But thanks for your good wishes – much appreciated and you’re inching ever nearer to your ultimate goal – fabulous!. You must FEEL fabulous. You dersve it after all your hard work. Thanks again for your support.

Feelgooddumpty

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh thats excellent FEELGOOD! Both yr attitude and yr travel plans! Grand Canyon..Wowzer Yowzer!
    It sounds wonderful! X
    Yes i do feel great..my old friend who hasnt seen me since May ( when i had already lost a lot) met up with me yesterday and said, oh wow you look like you used to look years ago!
    Well it was nice to hear and she meant it so sincerely but i do hope years ago i wasnt as wrinkly and saggy as i am now at age 67. heehee!
    Very inspiring here isnt it..STEWART losing 160 lb! Amazing! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

• posted by dumptynomore
    on

Stewart’s brillant – Ive said so already in complete awe! As are all the other recruits to this very exclusive club.
    You won’t be wrinkly and saggy Yowser and even if you are, who really cares? You have achieved so much, it’s really only a very minor thing. Look upon all imperfections as a badge of honour! Wowzer Yowser Grand canyon indeed – come with me! October 18th 2018! It’s in my diary. In fact, Yowser, I’ve just had an idea. I’ll start a new thread, seeing who is up for it!

• posted by fatrabbit
    on

Back to give an update. Exactly a year from starting to fast I reached my goal weight of 150 lbs and a BMI of 22.5. I definitely lost over a hundred pounds, and possibly as much as 110 as I didn’t get a starting weight, but was somewhere towards the 260 lbs area, with a BMI of about 39. I am now maintaining using the 5:2 version of the BSD. It may be my weight may go lower, it may not, but it is not going up again, I know so much more about how to eat now and am not prepared to put up with feeling like that again.

• posted by Luvtcook
    on

Fatrabbit, its so great that this thread has been revitalized by you since there had been no posts on it since August. It really is a celebration for everyone chugging along on BSD. So many of needing to lose the 100lbs to join this club. I hope to join you one day myself.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Welcome to the 100 club fatrabbit, ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ˜€ It is lovely to have a new club member, and you have joined at just the right time when the nights are drawing in so we can get a lovely fire going in the clubhouse and drag up the comfy chairs a little closer (at least for those club members in the hemisphere where a white Christmas is actually possible). I am fasting pretty regularly myself as I just feel better that way, although my weight seems pretty stable. Also well done for getting there in a year. My journey took two years to the day, but with a lot of learning how involved which has been so useful.

• posted by LadySusan
    on

A newbie – just Day 4 so reading your post was amazing and thanks for the favourite ‘dishes’…espcially the lemon and ginger. Feels like it might cut through the slightly yucky mouthfeel I am currently ‘enjoying’. Well done you – inspirational. Susie

• posted by LadySusan
    on

Awesome! Really inspirational to us newbies…well done!

• posted by LadySusan
    on

Of all the posts I have read so far (only in Day 4 and a long long way to go) this has really affected me. When I was a young woman, I only ever ate once or twice a day and felt fine, but through various traumas started to eat more and then put on weight. The ‘received wisdom’ over the last 30 years was to eat breakfast and lunch, then less in the evening, but I was drawn to eating in the evening (maybe because our ancestors would have eaten then, after hunting, killing and cooking)! I think of the years that I have spent trying to lose weight whilst ultimately eating more. Michael’s talk about fasting really resonated with me and with his ‘permission’, over the past few months, I have cut out breakfast to lose about 15 lbs. Then I began to read more and have just come to BSD. I sometimes have a lunch around 2 – 3 p.m. and an early supper around 6 – 7p.m. and that’s me for the day. I may well drop lunch as my weight starts to go down. I’m only on Day 4 BSD but I can honestly say that I feel better than I have in months and can see a time when food really isnt an obsession anymore. Thanks for the inspiration.

Please log in or register to post a reply.