Wow week 1 = 8lb weight loss

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Dippymint
    on

Hi guys,
    I started this last Monday and my weigh in on Sunday was 8lb down. I’ve been lurking in the forums and reading lots of great posts on here. You are all a very supportive crowd.
    I have a question ‘re exercise and calories burned, I’ve started to walk 3 miles at least 5 times a week and on these days I burn approx 300 calories but don’t add to my 800. Some days I may only have 600 calories which would mean 300 if I take off calories burned, should I be adding g t he calories burned to my 800 per day or not?
    Cheers Dippymint x

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Dippymint
    Just wanted to say welcome to the BSD forum and well done you! Really excellent result and I’m sure it will redouble your determination to stick with it. I’m not sure about the question of whether or not to increase you calories on your exercise days. My inclination would be to add the calories to you intake on the days you are very much below 800 and not on those that are, but hopefully someone more qualified will offer some advise soon.
    Meanwhile, keep going and keep posting.

• posted by Dippymint
    on

Thank you SunnyB, yes everyone is very helpful. That’s a good thought about eating the 800 on my walking days. To be honest some days I don’t feel I want 800, but conscious that I need to eat enough calories.

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Sorry guys but the book says you stick to 800 calories as well as exercise.
    There’s no provision for adding calories burnt, but think how fast that weight is going to drop off. 😉

• posted by Patsy
    on

Adding enough that the average is 800 a day sounds like a good idea. I don’t think it matters too much if some days are a little up and some down as long as over all we keep to around 800.

• posted by Patsy
    on

Excellent weight loss btw – should have said well done for that first.

• posted by Dippymint
    on

Thanks Bill, I didn’t notice it in the book and I’ve been trolling the website to double check, was just concerned I might not eat enough calories.

• posted by Dippymint
    on

Thanks Patsy really enjoying doing this. Xx

Please log in or register to post a reply.