Withdrawal symptoms

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Mairimac
    on

So I read the book,and it makes so much sense now after dabbling in every diet out there and just getting fatter,I did the quizzes,and checked BMI, so I am moderate risk of developing diabetes,could be pre diabetic ,will check when back in uk and apparently have serious bad carb addiction!!! Full of hidden sugars no wonder my body can’t cope.
    I’m now on day 3 of bsd,my question is,will I get bad withdrawal symptoms going cold turkey after having apparently bad addiction to bad carb?
    So far I’ve had feeling shaky,sweats and my joints ache and I feel no energy, is that normal

• posted by shalimar
    on

Carb withdrawal does appear to be normal ….. are you still eating some carbs? …. i.e. carbs in vegetables, beans, lentils, berries … cream i coffee?
    Most people keep their carbs at 50 g. or lower …. BUT if you feel really sick maybe you shouldn’t try to get really low on carbs for a little while…a few days??

Maybe YOUR body needs a little extra leeway on carbs in the beginning? Everyone is different.

I carried around a can of V8 vegetable juice when i was out of the house ….. if i felt really sick.

• posted by Frog
    on

I didn’t get any problems, but lots of people do
    use the search box (top right hand corner of the screen) and enter “carb flu” to see previous conversations

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Yes, that sounds like carb flu. The only symptoms that some have had that you haven’t mentioned are nausea/vomiting and bad headaches. The good news is it will be gone in a very short time. Just be good to yourself and stick to the plan.

• posted by Mairimac
    on

Hi, yes I’m sticking to the recipes and eating great food,I live in Turkey ,so the Mediterranean diet suits me really well,I will stick with it as I’m no quitter and really want to get body balance back to normal

• posted by Mairimac
    on

Hi, yes I’m sticking to the recipes and eating great food,I live in Turkey ,so the Mediterranean diet suits me really well,I will stick with it as I’m no quitter and really want to get body balance back to normal,I’ve never heard of carb flu,I will look it up,but think I just need to push through withdrawals because I know i will start to feel much better as I continue the 8 week plan.

• posted by Mairimac
    on

Day 4, and feel better today,less withdrawal symptoms and no body aches and more energy,only lost half kilo,was disappointed with that but I am very positive person and I know that this life changing way of life is probably going to save me from diabetes,stroke or heart atrack, and it’s food I like so makes it easier to stick to plan you like.
    I am so determined to do this ,I have bought 2 journals,1 for food ,drink and exercise tracking and diary of how I’m feeling, and the other is where I chose recipes I will use from book and write in sections ,breakfast ,lunch and dinner as I have kindle ,I don’t like having to flick through everything to find recipes so I chose 14 recipes of each section to start me off now I can find everything easy to keep on track.
    I have also been preparing or weighing things day before so I will be ready for next day,so you can see I really want this to work for me and hope the weight starts to drop off soon.what is it they say….fail to prepare….prepare to fail. Failing is not an option in last chance saloon lol
    Yes I feel so hungry at times but after years of grazing and not feeling that hunger, feels good my body is talking to me again,and I just listen to hypnotherapy for relaxing or read nice book to take my mind away from food.I can do this!

• posted by Carb_Addict
    on

Hi Mairimac,

I eased myself into the 800kcal BSD by starting at the regular BSD (unlimited calories) for four days beforehand. During those four days I lost no weight and was grumpy but my energy started to go up a bit. So don’t despair – your body will be adjusting. Now on Day 8 of the 800 kcal/weight week program and my energy levels have been mostly up but I have also crashed out on a couple of days, including yesterday. I assume it’s because my body is adapting to a radically lower calorie count. I have always struggled to lose weight on conventional diet plans where unlimited carbs are allowed, but so far the 800 kcal is working for me. If you stick to it religiously then there is no way you cannot not lose weight. Planning is key for sure. Good luck and yes you CAN do it. Enjoy those amazing salads you get in Turkey!

• posted by Mairimac
    on

Thanks Carb_Addict, yes your right on both counts ,my body will take time to figure out what it’s doing and if you stick to plan you must lose.
    Good luck with your journey ,I’m just a few days behind you and thanks for the words of encouragement and yes the fruit and vegetables are amazing here in Turkey and every bite of food I eat seems to taste amazing on bsd,just wish cauliflower was easily available here,it’s not here very long so next time I find I buy all the stall and freeze it lol,

Please log in or register to post a reply.