What's your Mantra?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by KittyHoney
    on

I am on week 7 and have been pretty good at staying on the wagon until now, bbq weather and school holidays really haven’t helped so I’ve fallen off the wagon far too much the last week or so..I wondered if any of you lovely guys have a effective mantra you use to keep yourself on the straight and narrow when temptation calls. I need one to help me stay focused when I hear the ice lollies calling my name!!

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Hi KittyHoney
    I can totally identify with your post, I guess we all can. There are times we find it easy to stay on track and times we don’t. Sometimes its just too tiring. I started off doing the 800 bsd back in February and along the way I have morphed my highly personalised programme into a low carb high fat diet which includes intermittent fasting which means I usually only eat two meals a day (something small like some babybels at 4.30ish and then my evening meal of protein and fat about 7ish) . As I’m a kind of black and white sort of person, I find it often helps with temptation because I can just say to myself ‘its not 4.30 yet so I can’t possibly indulge’. Or I might say, ‘well, I’ll have that temptation but I will have to forego my usual latte’ but I don’t like doing that as I like my coffee too much!

What I do find is a more convincing argument is to consider that the special thing about the bsd and also lchf is that its all about sugar/carb reduction and reintroducing sugar/carbs means having to repeat my efforts of eradicating them from my life and could mean going back to the cravings, carb flu, etc I went through back in February.

That said, I do fall off the wagon regularly but its as much a mental thing as a physical thing and I made the decision a while back to be done with the guilt tripping thing which puts me on a downward spiral. If I want the temptation I have it, but I try not to use it as an excuse for a major bender. I just try to get back on track as soon as possible.

So back to you KittyHoney, what’s your reason for doing this and how will ice lollies help you get there?

• posted by ChrissieW1953
    on

I never again want to go through the hunger hell of the first week that it took to beat my carb addiction. Something I thought was impossible. I can now eat a meal without potatoes rice etc and enjoy it. So I will focus on that when tempted

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey Janet1973, how’s things with you? You don’t seem to have been around for awhile. Hope everything is going well and life’s treating you kindly.

KittyHoney – we all transgress from time to time, when will power is low and temptation gets the better of us. For me, weighing every day helps to keep me motivated. And when I am tempted to eat something not on the list, I ask myself if I really want or need it and how I’m going to feel afterwards. Most often just pausing to think about it, stops me from progressing to actually consuming. So, sorry no mantra. Sure someone will offer one up for you soon though.

• posted by Night Owl
    on

This is my favorite mantra – In 10 years, when you look back on your life, make sure you chose where you are, you did not settle for it. Helps me remember I have the power to effect change in my life, even when I am struggling with food.

Please log in or register to post a reply.