What to do with 4 egg whites?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Joolzy
    on

Hello everyone, just started this woe a week ago, first weigh in today and 6lbs down plus 1.5″ off my waist, pretty damn pleased with that.

Just been making some mayonnaise and am left with 4 egg whites, any suggestions on what to do with them?

Thanks

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

make an egg white omelette. Whisk them up to peaks and cook as an omelette. if that is too much white, stir some of it into a whole egg and make an omelette or scrambled eggs.

• posted by Joolzy
    on

Thanks sunshine-girl, I’d thought along those lines myself 🙂

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Savoury meringues using mustard or cumin make a nice side with fish or steak.

on

savoury meringues, that sounds interesting, do you have a recipe or is it just peaked whites mixed with mustard.

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Just peaked whites with some powder – mustard, cumin or anything with a bit of taste – to keep the meringue structure. I tried it with finely grated parmesan and it was OK, but it took a while for the peaks to firm up.

on

an electric mixer helps with that

• posted by Joolzy
    on

Mmm that does sound interesting, I’ll give it a go, thanks

Please log in or register to post a reply.