What have you eaten today?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by jpscloud
    on

100g Greek yoghurt with 75g fresh raspberries – 150

Greek salad with 2 tbsp. olive oil and 25g feta cheese AND a small slice of home made rye bread!! – 400 (erring on the side of caution)

Using up some fish goujons from the freezer for dinner, with a green salad – 300

I tried a longer fast today so I didn’t have breakfast until 10am, last food was at around 6pm last night. I Didn’t feel crazily hungry either.

Another non scale victory today… the slice of rye bread was delicious with olive oil dripping from the salad piled on it – it was to die for but incredibly satisfying. Usually any kind of bread would have me spiralling out of control but I’m fine at the moment. In times past I would never have had just one slice with a meal.

Probably a bit too high in carbs today.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

B- plain yog/10 cherries/flaked almonds
    L-small egg salad
    D-small bowl beef/veg stew (frozen leftovers from few days ago)

2apples/cups of tea

• posted by Kathy54
    on

My intake today
    B. Poached egg, grilled bacon, tomato and mushrooms
    D. Chicken tikka, mushroom Baji and salad

Had breakfast at 10 and dinner at 6

• posted by Buxtonmick
    on

Kathy, have you checked the calories in that breakfast? We had it last week and I felt a bit guilty as it seemed a bit much. Checked it out and it’s only about 360 kc. So we had it again this morning!
    Dinner was a small bowl of coconut prawn curry with Barenaked frogspawn and a couple of strawberries and blueberries with a spoonful of yoghurt (I’m addicted).

• posted by NewLife
    on

Yesterday:

B: FF yoghurt and mixed seeds
    L: 3 D+A sausages, half can reduced sugar baked beans

Didn’t feel at all hungry at dinner time (wow! definitely a first) and just had a G+T (light on the G, heavy on the slimline T)

Today:

B: yoghurt, seeds and berries
    L: will be 2 baked chicken breasts with cauli and broccoli ‘cheese’ (grated cheddar sprinkled over, bit of butter)
    D: will be 2 dessert spoons cottage cheese with tomato, cucumber and red pepper salad.

• posted by jpscloud
    on

B Greek yoghurt and fresh raspberries
    L Greek salad with olive oil and feta cheese (no rye bread today!)
    D Gram flour dusted prawns stir fried in coconut oil and spices, with a green salad

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Oooh like the sound of those prawns jps ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by jpscloud
    on

They’re gorgeous! I don’t like prawns thawed but not recooked, they’re a bit too strange and squidgy. The coconut oil is lovely with these and the spices I use are just a bit of fahita or Cajun seasoning (have to watch those seasonings because they sometimes have sugar in).

• posted by Jandz100
    on

Today’s plan is

L – haggis with a baked egg
    D – mackerel with chargrilled aubergine, courgette & peppers

• posted by NewLife
    on

Correction LOL – 2 chicken thighs not breasts!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Yesterday’s menu:

B – yogurt with ground linseed topping
    L – Lettuce, shaved parmesan and Caesar dressing
    D – 2 x mini chicken fillets, 3 x chicken wing pieces and lettuce with Caesar dressing

Today’s menu:

B – yogurt with raspberries, blueberries and a sprinkle of mace
    L – one egg omelette with hummus and smoked salmon
    D – pulled ham with lettuce, shaved parmesan with olive oil and sherry vinegar dressing

• posted by Jandz100
    on

Today’s menu

L – cauliflower & broccoli cheese
    D – lamb gyros with stir fried broccoli, green beans & asparagus
    S – Greek yogurt & frozen berries

• posted by Lostgirl
    on

Omg one of the best lunches ever!!

I don’t know how this stacks up calorie wise or carb wise but …

Stock is so expensive so bought a veg boullion and mixed accordingly with water. Then added a thickly chopped onion, peas, broccoli and quorn fresh frankfurters chopped up .

Tasted amazing!! And took minutes to do. It served a large bowl ( i use le cruiser soup pots) and then Is leftovers more than one portion worth!!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Sounds good, Lostgirl! You are creating new recipes!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ Way to go!!!

• posted by Just do it
    on

Switched to MM’s recipes yesterday,vtrying to get through plateau.

Yesterday

L – mushroom with chickpeas & spinach

D – pan fried salmon with ginger & lime on spinach

S – apricots, hazelnuts & Greek yogurt
    (Never want breakfast so use yogurt dish when need a sweet treat. Also gives me a longer fasting period)

Today

L – beetroot falafels with rocket – these are delicious (tried to make them in my smoothy maker, didn’t work so popped to Sainsburys for a blender – double points day so got one for nectar points plus ยฃ2.50 – bargain)!

D – Greek salad

S – Greek yogurt, strawberries, Brazil’s & pecans

• posted by hashimoto
    on

B homemade chicken and veg soup (I know!)
    L packet of Nuts and a piece of cheese (I’m busy digging the garden)
    D is going to be salad with boiled egg, small tin of tuna and dollop of FF yoghurt turned into raita
    A few berries as dessert (I’m aching and want something quick and easy! )
    Tomorrow:
    B FF yoghurt and berries
    L chicken and veg soup (again)
    D courgette and onion bhajis with raita made from FF yoghurt

• posted by jpscloud
    on

๐Ÿ™‚ hashimoto I know someone who used to eat lentil and bacon soup for breakfast… actually not a bad brekkie for us BSD’ers!

Today for me:

B Greek yoghurt and raspberries
    L Greek salad with feta
    D Lamb grill (freezer stocks) and vegetables
    snack: redskin peanuts and small piece of cheese

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Jps so do I – it was my sons favourite breakfast when he was small!

A good meal for us too.

I put a slack handful of brown lentils in my chicken and veg soup. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by SunnyB
    on

We are off to Turkey at the end of this week and it is quite common for people to eat soup at breakfast there – usually lentil, lentil, mint and tomato, tripe, or – my favourite – sheep head and tripe. They usually serve their soups with a side salad, so makes a healthy and substantial meal.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Sunnyb, I can’t believe how quickly your holiday crept up on us! It seemed like it would be ages away when you first mentioned it. Will we be able to keep in touch with you?

• posted by Mummytummy
    on

Hey all,
    Breakfast – large pear with 2 tbsps cottage cheese ( full fat ) with handful of crushed walnuts.
    Lunch 2 plums with a snack sized bar of Cathederal city cheese
    Dinner- roast chicken 100g with 1-2 tbsp carrots, broccoli, and instead of roast potatoes, I had celeriac and leek mash. Celeriac is a very low carb root veg. I boiled about 200g with a leek and a tiny knob of butter and mashed it- it was loads, and really was 2 portion sizes worth but it worked out at 18g carb only got the lot and 84kcals so you can’t argue with that!! I can post the recipe if anyone likes? Splash of gravy on the whole meal and I didn’t miss the roast potato at all!

• posted by Natalie
    on

Breakfast: two poached eggs, cucumber, orange, tea with milk (this was actually too many calories for a breakfast for me, I think in future if I’ll either have two eggs with no fruit, or one egg with fruit)
    Lunch: rotisserie chicken thigh, homemade roasted tomato soup
    Dinner: tacos without the shells (pile of salad with spicy mince, a little cheese, jalapenos, salsa, yum)

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Janet1973
    Think I will be dipping in to the forum occasionally. We are travelling for five days, so I’m not sure I’ll be making any contact in that time, but I will definitely be in touch once we are there.

• posted by NewLife
    on

Yesterday:
    B: not hungry, skipped
    L: 2 chicken thighs and masses of veg – carrot, broccoli, peas, sweetcorn – with butter ๐Ÿ™‚
    D: not hungry, 2 dessert spoons of cottage cheese

Today:
    B: FF yoghurt, mixed berries, mixed seeds
    L: smoked salmon salad
    D: 2 chicken thighs, cucumber, tomatoes, red pepper, red onion, maybe mayo

Gotta use up those chicken thighs, getting bored…

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Sunnyb, thats great, by the time you are there you will have loads to catch up on! Send us lots of stories of Turkey while you are out there. It will be the closest I get to a foreign holiday this year so it will be nice to enjoy yours vicariously! Until then, one last push!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Todays menu:

B – yogurt, blueberries, raspberries and cacao topping
    L – four gem lettuce leafs topped with hummus, two with smoked sprats and two with pork topping. (discovered the smoked sprats in Lidl today. They are delicious and only 173cal per 100g and 0.1carbs – approx. 6/7cals per fish)
    D – oven fried lemon chicken and veggies.

• posted by kate_ls
    on

Got so much inspiration from reading what every one is eating so here’s my plan for today:

B: Greek Yogurt, Handful of Blueberries and a few crushed hazelnuts (223cal)
    L: 4 Mushrooms stuffed with 28g goats cheese and 1 garlic clove with mixed salad leaves, dressing made from balsamic vinegar and lemon juice (272cal)
    D: 2 Quorn Sausages, small roasted onion and carrot with low cal gravy found on ‘yummly’ (273cal)
    S: light cheese triangle (25cal)

= 793cal

Mushrooms with Goats cheese and garlic was amazing! The best meal i have had so far on this plan and amazed that i can still fit in 28g of my favourite goats cheese in to the day at 110cal! ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Patsy
    on

Yesterday was –

Brekkie – Full fat yoghurt, pear and coconut shreds.

Lunch – raw carrots and celery

Dinner – 3 Heck sausages cooked with peppers, tomato and onions. Served with purple sprouting and mange tout.

One of our favourite lunches was toasted muffins and poached eggs. Just had my eggs with smoked salmon instead today and it’s really yummy. Obviously not quite as cheap a meal as it was, but with Aldi salmon it’s not too expensive and is very nutritious. My husband had a muffin and a tiny bit of salmon with his eggs and really liked it, despite not usually liking fish.

• posted by Leeanne
    on

B- plain yoghurt/strawberries
    L- 1oz wedge cheddar, 2 sl ham, sliced up apple, tsp pickle
    D- roast chicken breast, 3 sprouts, tbs peas, gravy

Cups tea/apple/handful almonds

That’s it til 9 am tomorrow – and today is a hungry day!!!!

• posted by alexginda
    on

L – homemade cauliflower cheese

D – McDonalds chicken salad

Beverages – water (lots) and zero coke (660 ml)

• posted by Just do it
    on

L – bacon, black pudding, mushrooms, tomato, egg
    D – Greek yogurt, strawberries

• posted by Dearbecks
    on

First day today!

L – salad with a bit of leftover pork from yesterday’s roast
    D – trout fillet with minty crushed peas, carrots & baby corn
    2 apples & a pear. Have some yogurt & strawberries later if we want. I have put a tiny drop of vanilla extract into the yogurt……is that allowed?! Also I see most people have full fat yogurt, I bought fat free yesterday.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

Absolutely full fat yoghurt is the way to go, and your vanilla should be fine. On this programme, fat free anything is BANNED!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Oh yes dearbecks FULL FAT only please!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

It took me two weeks go ditch the low fat sweetener filled rubbish yoghurt. We’ve had decades of being brainwashed into eating low fat ๐Ÿ™

• posted by Jandz100
    on

B – full fat yogurt & frozen berries

L – red lentil & pancetta soup

D – roast beef, cauliflower, broccoli, savoy cabbage & gravy

• posted by Onelmunn
    on

First Day! Still unsure about 800 for 8, will see how it goes.
    B – 2 hard boiled eggs and 2 slices beefsteak tomato w/coffee & 2 Tbl of half & half
    L – 2 Tbl Roasted red pepper Hummus, 1/4 cucumber, 2 small celery stalks & 1 radish
    D – Progresso light Santa Fe chicken soup
    Not sure if soup is on the program, but instant miso is processed & so are bouillon cubes, anyways, I’m @757 cals.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi onelmunn, yes soups are definitely a good food on this diet. Make lots and freeze portions! Michael mosley eats them and says they are cheap, nutritious and filling! Get those biggest pans out and cook up a soup storm!!! Anything goes with soup!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by NewLife
    on

Mushrooms with goats cheese – yummmmmmy idea, will copy!

• posted by NewLife
    on

Today:

B: FF yoghurt, mixed berries, linseeds
    L: tuna mayo and mixed salad (basically for lunches, at least at work, I’ve just swopped out the sandwich bread for salad)
    D: smoked mackerel fillet and mixed salad

• posted by Gail c
    on

Hi one
    A lot of us make our own soup on here as it comes out a lot less calories and heaps more soup. So soup is allowed, I always have a stock of soup in the fridge so that I can have more cals with my dinner.
    Gail

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Newlife
    Saturday brunch, mushrooms, goats cheese, a couple of crisp bacon rashers and a few cherry tomatoes.
    Heaven and an apt reward for all the work you did through the week.

• posted by NewLife
    on

Mmmm, Bill, now I’m salivating. Poached egg too?

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hey, if it fits in to your days allowance why not ? I have had one several times on top of that lot. Sometimes I substitute the tomatoes for half a tin of reduced sugar baked beans too .

• posted by Wishbone
    on

Just checked my calorie intake and over by 200 cal for the day. The culprit was four slices of mild Hungarian salami which my calorie counter tells me is worth a whopping 339 cal. Can’t believe it, and it’s only day one….

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Newlife it’s worth skipping brekkie to have a lovely english breakfast at lunch time. I go for crispy bacon, fried egg, butter fried mushrooms and grilled tomato.

Then I’m so stuffed I have to force myself to eat a small evening meal of soup or nuts or FF yoghurt ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Wishbone, just a blip.
    Forget it and move on, none of us are perfect.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Or I have the cooked breakfast then nothing until evening. Quite a change for me because before BSD I was always looking for food๐Ÿ˜ฑ

• posted by NewLife
    on

Saturday and Sunday brunch sorted ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Oh dear, I had this packet of rye Ryvita so I thought I may as well use it today.
    I wish someone had told me not to spread the cream cheese on them in advance.
    I now have what is very similar to 4 pieces of soggy cardboard coated in cheese ๐Ÿ™
    Lunch today isn’t going to be very inspiring.

• posted by DJDAussie
    on

B – no carb bircher minus the walnuts
    L – no carb ploughmans minus the chutney
    D – luxury fish pie

needed to play around with quantities to get cals to 879

Tomorrow I am going to follow what seems to be the preferred breakfast on this thread …
    Yoghurt with raspberries and seeds but can I have a bit of guidance please. How much of each should I use. I’m aiming at about 150 cals. Thanks. Dx

Please log in or register to post a reply.