Well here I go!!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Sneak_me
    on

I am female, 81kg, 48yo from Western Australia.
    I have been type 2 diabetic for 23 years after having gestational diabetes when pregnant with my 23yo daughter. I have never been able to shake it off. I am on Metformin 3 times a day and diamicron once a day too just for diabetes, I also have high cholesterol and a bit of blood pressure which I also take meds for (metabolic syndrome).
    18months ago I had a gastric sleeve performed and I lost a bit of weight but I have put it back on.
    I am joining here today to change my life,. I have read the book and have downloaded mindfulness app and I am ready to go.
    I will need lots of help along the way as I have never like salad foods, fish/seafood and not a lot of vegies, this makes things a lot harder for me.
    Anyone with any advice is welcome to message me…
    Here goes every one..

• posted by NikkiD
    on

Hi Sneak
    Well done for joining. I too read the book and really mentally prepared myself. I don’t like veggies much either unless their with a sauce or in something. But I love salads. My husband can eat a big pot of steamed veggies, I wouldn’t enjoy it unless its covered in gravy …which by the way apparently is an allowed food.
    I’m 55 and live in Adelaide and started the BSD Sunday 14th August which means I am on day 11. I’m 5’8 and started at 87.3 kgs .
    I too am on medication for high blood pressure and hoping weight loss will help get me off it.
    I have now lost 3.6kgs in 11 days! I’m pretty happy with that result especially if it keeps going like this. I’m doing it to lose weight but my husband is doing it to reverse his type 2 diabetes. He started at blood sugar levels of around 7-8 and its been steadily going down , this morning it 5.7. He’s still on a 1 metformin morning and night but plans to reduce it to 1 a day if his results stay around the mid 5’s.

Re: what to eat, the key I have found is planning ahead. Its surprising what recipes there are which suit the diet. Also I have found it easier to just have 2 meals a day, that way I can have more calories at each. So I skip breakfast and have an early lunch.

To date I have made a veggie lasagne – you can buy carb free lasagne sheets in the health food section of the supermarket. I used almond milk to make a white sauce and added a layer of ricotta cheese as well. I just sprayed slices of eggplant, mushrooms and zucchini with olive oil and pan fried in a char grill pan. Then just layered them and baked…delish. Veggie omelettes are great too. see the recipe on this website. I just added a photo of one I cooked this week.

Later this week I am making Chicken San Chow Bow, and almond crusted chicken schnitzels. We also often BBQ chicken and have a salad (often coleslaw as its a good food for gut bacteria and low in calories) with it. There are 5 people in the family and even though only 2 of us are doing the diet everyone is eating it as well, my 26 yo son hasn’t even noticed there are carbs missing.

And eating out is not a problem, last night at the pub I had a warm chciken salad with avocado and quinoa. Lunch out with a friend today I just had scrambles eggs and roasted tomatoes with some basil pesto on top, no bread …and I didn’t miss it too much.

I am viewing this as a change of lifestyle eating. I will never go back to eating the amount of carbs I did in the past. I just love crunchy food and was always looking for something to munch on. At 87 kgs, I was the heaviest I had ever been in my life!

Also don’t forget to increase activity. I am doing more stairs whilst at work and trying to walk more. I’m still waiting for my fitbit to arrive in the post, then I can monitor how many steps I am doing daily..

Using the My Fitness Pal app is great, you can log your calories and look up how many calories, fat and carbs in foods. Also make sure you don’t get constipated and take something to help if you do. And lastly I take a daily probiotic (Wegeners make one with 11 different probiotics in it) to help the bowel. Once you load up on probiotics, you need to eat foods that thay love to keep them ie cabbage, yogurt, fermented foods (miso, pickeld onions, gherkins etc). Dont forget to drink plenty.

Hope all this helps. Once you see kilo’s dropping off, it will inspire you to keep going. Cheers & Good Luck Nikki

• posted by Sneak_me
    on

Hi there Nikki,

Thanks for the encouragement and the info about your own journey..
    I liked your tips for food but there is so much in there that I can’t eat.. Mushrooms, Tomatoes , eggplant, Zucchini etc
    This is why I get disheartened….
    Still I will give it a go..

Thanks again heaps and keep in touch..

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi Sneak_me and welcome!

I’m sorry you feel you can’t eat so many foods – are you intolerant/allergic?

If not, I would urge you to try a few – not too many to start, but a few within the suggested recipes – because many people here have found that they begin to like things they’d never liked or eaten before. It’s strange!

A little bit of trialling might broaden your scope which would be an additional great result for the BSD!

Other people will suggest things to help. I’m sure.

• posted by Sneak_me
    on

Hi there Igorasusual,

Thanks for the reply and helpful advice, I am not allergic to those foods as far as I know…I have not had them since early childhood.
    I did try two new things last year and found I liked them.. Cherries (real ones not glazed) and something else that has slipped my mind for the moment but I could try to add a few new tries this year… I cannot imagine facing a tomato or a mushroom though. Can’t even stand the smell of them.
    When i make myself a salad it consists of cheese, beetroot, carrot, tinned corn, nuts, chopped up boiled egg or meat that is it… I love that but it isn’t really healthy….
    I really wish I loved all the salady things, my husband and daughters love it all and my two sisters love it all so what went wrong with me?? hehehe anyway I shall do a few trials and see how I go…

Thanks again

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Well, this could be really great in exploring foods – very well done for being willing to try!

There are many things which I’ve come to really appreciate:

-chillis in various forms – I adore a chilli pepper added to a veg stir fry, simply yummy!
    -courgettes – people rave about spiralised (use as pasta substitute) but I simply sear mine in chunks in a nearly dry pan until they are browned, and they taste delicious – hardly any carbs either so what’s not to like!
    -other vegetables with lots of butter on – full fat is good for you on BSD and helps fill you up
    -cauliflower (there is a separate thread about all the various ways to cook that – use the search box top right to find it)

But do be careful about things with lots of sugar in – if you get MyFitnessPal or an equivalent app, you can check the nutrition of your meals.

Tinned corn, and beetroot, as well as carrots, have a lot of sugar in (you may be mildly addicted to that), and are therefore quite carb-heavy, and if you can aim to keep good carbs under 50g per day within your 800 calories, this will help with weight loss. The eggs, meat, cheese, nuts part of your salad are great – although nuts have lots of calories, so watch out with portion size.

Good luck, and enjoy! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Sneak_me
    on

Hey there again Igorasusual,

Thanks for the last reply too, you people are full of good ideas…

But what is a courgette??? I have never heard of it… Well I guess I can just look it up on google so don’t tell me but I will try them.

I have got My Fitness Pal and I have changed my calorie goal to 800 on there so I will see how I go..
    Yeah Cauliflower is great as mashed potato, we learnt that one doing the Tony Ferguson diet…

Thanks for all the advice

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello Sneak_me – courgette is zucchini

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Sneak_me – hope you feel things have got off to a good start for you on the BSD. My suggestion would be to use foods you are happy to eat, but to make sure you track both calories and carbs. Avoid things heavy in carbs though – potatoes, pasta, rice, bread etc. – also be cautious with root veggies, as they tend to be high in carbs too.

Once you feel you are getting established with the BSD way of eating, try thinking about how you could include things you are not keen on, by disguising them. For instance, I used to sneak all kinds of veggies into bolognaise sauce when my children were little. I just chopped them really finely or grated them and once cooked in the sauce, they were barely detectable. Also think about flavours you do like and how they could be used to cover those you don’t like so much – my spice draw has become my best friend again. Sometimes cooking a food in a different way, changes the flavour too, making it more acceptable. My OH hates cauliflower, but is not adverse to the Garlicy Cauliflower mash – recipe on the thread 101 Ways with Cauliflower. He also dislikes lettuce, celery etc, but will happily eat it if I dress it with Tahini, which gives it a cream flavour.

Think the BSD has encouraged many of us to think about food in a different way and to take a more creative approach to the food we prepare. Hope you will be able to take a new more adventurous approach too. Meanwhile, try to stick to the principle of the BSD, watch the cals and carbs, drink plenty and use full fats to help you feel full.

Look forward to hearing your results soon … good luck!

• posted by Sneak_me
    on

Thanks Baristagirls for letting me know what Courgette was…
    Hmmm why don’t they just call it Zucchini???
    Well I am told zucchini is great in chocolate cake…. hehehe not allowed that though…
    Gotta keep that sense of humour..

• posted by Sneak_me
    on

Hey SunnyB,

That garlic cauliflower mash sounds to die for… I will def give that a go..
    Thanks for so much helpful info…..
    I feel great having all this support from you girls on here..

Thanks

• posted by Frog
    on

Sneak Me
    Because it’s courgette ๐Ÿ™‚
    (and we measure it in grams rather than cups)

I do have a cookery book which is solely cakes, biscuits and deserts with a fruit or vegetable base (but I don’t think anything as mundane as carrot cake).
    From memory, many of the recipes used ‘alternative’ flours as well – I must find it and see if any recipes are low carb

• posted by Sneak_me
    on

Hi there Frog,

I didn’t mean to offend. I guess not everyone calls things the same names..
    I will remember that in future..

Thanks
    P.S I love carrot cake… well I did… I guess that is now off my list :O)

• posted by Frog
    on

amused rather than offended – hence the smiley face!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Sneak_me
    the courgette/zucchini problem arises out of the differences between UK English and US/Australian English – Dr MM is British, so he would use the UK terminologies. The courgette/zucchini thing is just one of the different names for ingredients you might encounter in the book. Fresh coriander here = cilantro, spring onions = scallions and these are just one’s off the top of my head.

The terminology and the measurements are no doubt a rather confusing, bit like us here in the UK trying to get to grips with a recipe in cups instead of grams. There are lots of conversion tables on line though, so I’m sure you can get around the issue quite easily.

The soup idea is a really good one and with a little thought, you could probably come up with a few different toppings – cheese, crisp fried onions, seeds or flakes of ham. That way you can ring the changes day on day, so that the soup doesn’t get boring.

Another idea is cloud bread – lots of recipes online for this – which you could either have with the soup, or use to make sandwiches for lunch.

Hope you have got off to a good start and we look forward to your first results being posted.

• posted by Sneak_me
    on

Thanks again to SunnyB for the information that will definitely come in handy…
    Yeah I have never heard of cilantro or scallions so now I am up with those two as well..

Thanks again

Frog… thanks for your comment too it all helps …

• posted by Sneak_me
    on

OMG! I can’t believe the orange I just ate and put into MFP has 16 carbs!!!!!!!!!!!
    What is with that???

Down 1.2kgs so that is keeping me going… I really miss the cereal for breakfast but all good otherwise…

I had a scrambled egg this morning and that wasn’t so bad…

How is everyone else going?

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

yep, that’s why some fruits are a no no

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Sneak-me, I am in Oz also and knew both words for the little green vegies – courgette is a French word and zucchini ( which we use downunder) is a French word. Neither word is English!
    SunnyB is full of good ideas for vegies. I suggest you write down all the ones you like except root and starchy ones and use those for a couple of weeks, and then branch out with one a week.

I am a cookbook junkie so can name anything or measure anything in Aussie, UK English or US English, but I have been around for a long time

Just a suggestion – when you are barbecuing, slice some eggplant//aubergine and put it on the barbie. A little seasalt. Yum, and put some parsley or rocket/roquette/ aragula ( see I am showing off) in your scramble. It makes it extra filling and just as delicious. Helps to fill you up.

I have to watch my fruit ,because I do love it and grow pawpaws and passion fruit and will have mangoes in summer. sunshine-girl is right. Watch your carbs at the beginning as much as you can. I have been a slow loser and I am sure I could have done better if I watched the carbs better

Best of luck

• posted by Sneak_me
    on

Thanks ruthdownunder,

I like these veggies
    Potatoes
    Carrots
    Pumpkin
    Corn
    Peas
    Baby Spinach (learned to like last year)
    Cabbage
    Cauliflower
    Cabbage

There are only two there that I can even eat on this so I have a long way to go to try things out…
    I will get there I am sure.
    My BSL is 5.7 mmol this morning but that is still on medication… That is a good achievement for me even..
    I have got one orange left so I will eat that one day soon but not buy any more too high carbs, had a banana at mums yesterday but the carbs I found out later are exorbitant so I will now leave those alone.. I also need to learn to eat different fruits, I did learn cherries last year too… but they are prolly high in carbs too…
    My carbs got to about 75 yesterday so I blew it but calories were still under 800 so not doing too bad considering.

Headache yesterday but then tried to drink more water and had a bit more stew lat win evening.

I am planning to try eggplant and zucchini first next time I get into town for the shops..

Thanks for all the advice, you keep me going you girls/guys on here
    Thank you so much

• posted by theone
    on

It’s a battle my Dr advised me to go on this diet and if I can’t then he recommended me to undergo gastric sleeve . I read you did have it done but put the weight back on so that’s not a solution either . I am also in WA hopefully we can both have success on this 8 week challenge .

on

Sneak-me I would def leave out the spuds for the time being , and probably the corn for a while, but peas, pumpkin and carrots are ok in smaller amounts. I have eaten them all . Spinach, cauliflower, cabbage – have as much as you like. I thought I only liked cauli in white sauce, but it has started tasting wonderful with salt, pepper and a smidge of butter, even a smidge of grated cheese, if you are careful with the amount. Your blood sugar will go down quickly. If you are headachy, drink more water/tea etc and eat a little more protein and fat, not more carbs. Do not underestimate how good vegies can taste with the tiniest amount of good fat with them. I remember reading years ago that Italian children eat their vegies with no complaint because they taste so delicious

theone welcome -best of luck. Go into the forum and read lots, Izzy, CaptainLynne, Lucky, Lucia, Frog, Hashimoto, HappyLife, Bill ‘this has to work for me’ and many others. It is like having dozens of diet buddies and really works. If you have a question post it and someone will answer it.

CaptainLynne has lost nearly 40 kilos since just before Christmas. And many others have had great success.

• posted by Sneak_me
    on

Thanks ruthdownunder,

I haven’t touched spuds since I started this so I’m doing ok with that.
    I am cooking as we speak a sausage and egg for lunch today just to taste good and not blow it… I always dry fry as well anyway, no need for extra for me. Might not be the best lunch to have but tis what I’m having today.
    I will take your advice when jazzing up my veggies and the new ones I will try.
    Got a question, we earn exercise points on the fitness pal when we do exercise, do we just leave that as just being extra good or are we supposed to take them up on some more food, not sure on this one…
    Wanna check before i end up doing it wrong.

I’m so exited to be doing this and having this support. It will work for me I know it will. It has too.
    YAY!

• posted by Sneak_me
    on

Hey theone –

Welcome to the BSD, I have only just started a few days ago and not weighing in till next Thurs morning so can’t tell you how good I am but I do take my BSL each morning and it is doing well but I am still on full medication but I won’t be on them soon I hope.

Myself and my husband had the gastric sleeve done in Dec 2014, we did well to start with but we just went right back to our old eating habits and put most of it back on again. Don’t take our example as a overall for the sleeve’s success as every other person we know that has had it has done really well and stayed off. We are the only ones that didn’t. I don’t tell anyone that I have had it done cox it is embarrassing to admit it now. (I tell you guys in here, that’s different).
    We treated our daughter to have it done too a few months after us and she was nearly 140kg, she is now 78kg she did so well and has just hovered around there. She knows how to manage her food like all the other good people who have had it done. We were only just on the bottom line of allowed to have it done as we were not that much overweight and sometimes I wonder if that had something to do with it because everyone else we know of that had had it done and been successful all had a lot more to lose.
    I just think I suck at the food managing thing hence why I have been a diabetic for 23 years…
    But I am hoping that this will turn my life around…. I have got to believe it will….

on

hi

I do not think we are allowed to count extra for the exercise – but someone more experienced than I will probably come to the party on that. I think it is just good for us.

When you are cooking your sausage and egg, throw the baby spinach in the pan with it. It will cook really quickly and taste really good. I have mastered a one pan dinner with lots of quick cooking veg as well as the protein. You are gonna need the fibre of the green veg because you have no grains.

It will be fine – just one meal at a time and one day at a time. A lot of people post their food which will give you some ideas as well.

Just to let you know I have friends who lost 50 and 40 kg respectively on similar diets. Big John is now not nearly so big, and completely reversed his diabetes with the first 20 kg. His lady was not diabetic, just very big and they both look completely different, and they have kept it off for some time.

on

hi

I do not think we are allowed to count extra for the exercise – but someone more experienced than I will probably come to the party on that. I think it is just good for us.

When you are cooking your sausage and egg, throw the baby spinach in the pan with it. It will cook really quickly and taste really good. I have mastered a one pan dinner with lots of quick cooking veg as well as the protein. You are gonna need the fibre of the green veg because you have no grains.

It will be fine – just one meal at a time and one day at a time. A lot of people post their food which will give you some ideas as well.

Just to let you know I have friends who lost 50 and 40 kg respectively on similar diets. Big John is now not nearly so big, and completely reversed his diabetes with the first 20 kg. His lady was not diabetic, just very big and they both look completely different, and they have kept it off for some time.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi Sneak_me, well done, keep focusing on the BSD principles and you will be fine.

2 things –
    I wouldn’t add the exercise calories “gained” to tour 800 target. Just think of those as banked fat-burning ones. Stick to 800 as an aim and keep the exercise going.

Secondly just remember that cooking and eating full fat is good (I know we’ve been told for years it’s wrong, but you have to get over that). It also fills you up.

So you can fry food – although of course you should add in the calories from the oil to your total count for the day. I love my olive oil !

Hope that helps and good luck! Onwards and downwards.

And one other thing – you do realise that by eating the refined carbs and training your body to get energy from them it was automatically making you hungry for more? So it wasn’t you “failing” at the gastric sleeve. If you stop eating the refined carbs, your body will switch to getting its energy from your fat cells (it might take a bit to get used to doing this, but it will do it). This will change hunger and food for you.

And possibly life, too. I write this after having bounced up from bed at 6am – I am so lively and energetic I have gained another couple of hours each day. And so has OH who has also lowered his blood sugar and come off Metformin.

Stick to it! Onwards and downwards:)

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Sorry, but it’s 800 calories, no extra for exercise.

• posted by Sneak_me
    on

ruthdownunder,

I will leave the exercise points alone and think of them as bonus…
    Oh yeah I will grab the spinach next time to cook with my sausage and see how that goes. Thanks
    Yes well with your friends doing it then I am sure I can do it too as I only need to lose 10-15kg… so hope so…
    I will look out for others who post their food ideas too.

igorasusual,

I will again leave the exercise alone…. Keep doing it but not eat more food to compensate. I haven’t so far but wanted to check.
    I am already finding that I am not as hungry, but still look around for that little something to nibble. I have gone on to sugar free lollies to suck on at the moment during those times unless someone can tell me they are not good.
    It is funny you should mention what you said about carbs and the sleeve… I was more of a sweet tooth after the sleeve and couldn’t figure out why and I was always hungry…. Now what you said might just explain it a bit better…
    I can’t wait to be springing out of bed in the mornings full of life and energy!!! I need at least 9 hours at moment and then could easily go back to bed… Sheesh! what have I done to myself….

Wake up girl grab hold of you life and start living it heheheh i keep trying to tell myself that to keep me motivated….
    I can do this…. I am gonna get off my medication too …. all of it…..
    MFP keeps telling me I am not eating enough…. sheesh! That’s gotta be a first..
    Thanks again ladies….

Captainlynne,

Thanks for the info, I am off to read your stuff…

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi Sneak_me

if the sugar-free lollies help, well that’s fine. Though just consider that although they don’t have sugar in, they are continuing to train you to regard sweet things as treats…….which might sabotage you later.

When struck by an attack of the munchies I tried to keep myself to BSD friendly baby plum tomatoes. 6 of these, eaten really s l o w l y are 16 calories and 3 carbs. Yes, they are sweet but not in a sweetie type of way, more in a vegetably sort of way if you know what I mean.

You will have a bit of time to go through whilst your body – which has evidently been working on a carb-driven metabolism – to switch to another way. But stick to it, and you will see the benefits as the carb fog lifts! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Sneak_me
    on

Igorasusual,

I can’t do the cherry tomatoes… I won’t ever be able to get used to tomatoes or mushrooms but I will try to find something else.
    I understand what you mean about the lollies. I have about 15 left so when they are gone I won’t get any more..
    Ok thanks again.
    Off for a shower.. then to make something for dinner.

• posted by Timmy
    on

Hi Sneak Me, there is also evidence (not sure if it’s empirical or anecdotal) that sugar free sweet things can be equally as bad as sugary things for messing with blood sugars and promoting fat/weight gain. Dr Mosley mentions it in the book.

Another tongue in cheek way of saying it is how often do you see skinny person drinking diet coke? Hardly ever!

For me, if I get that craving I find that a teaspoon of meridian peanut butter (it has to be meridian as it doesn’t have anything else added) is perfect. It’s not only packed with protein, good fat and is filling, but it also satiates the sweet cravings for me.

One thing you will find on this WOE is that your tastebuds will change so you may find that you start to like things that you previously didn’t.

I’m quite lucky in that I have a fairly good balance with eating food as a function or simply for pleasure. By that I mean I will quite happily eat something that I don’t particularly like the taste of if I know my body needs it. Before I started the diet there were only 2 foods in the world that I really didn’t like and wouldn’t eat. Olives and oysters. Now there is only 1, oysters.

If you can begin to introduce a greater variety of foods that you previously have avoided, not only will your body thank you for the increased range of nutrients, but it will make each meal different, and hopefully this WOE more sustainable in the long term.

• posted by Sneak_me
    on

Timmy,

Thanks for your valuable information. I am taking it all on board.
    I have always envied all the people that can eat that huge range of salads out there. So I do hope my tastebuds to change.
    I will be working on broadening my range as soon as possible.
    Thanks again!

on

Sneak_me you only have a tidge to lose compared to me. Do you like apples? A little bit carby but very sweet. A bit of pink lady can carry me to the next meal. Cucumbers – as much as you like. As Timmy and Igorasusual said you need to retrain your tastebuds, so artificial sweeteners are not the go.

You will need your non-starchy veg and your water to be comfortable as well as nourished. If you note in the book the original experimental group had 3 200 calorie shakes and 200 calories of non starchy veg.

You will be fine.

• posted by Sneak_me
    on

Hey there folks,

You will all be pleased to know that I have thrown away the sugar free lollies and I’ve been shopping in town today so I got all sorts like 2 bags of apples (see ruthdownunder!), 3 cauliflowers, 1 leek, 1 bunch of celery ( i like it cooked but will try it raw), 1 zucchini to try, 1 burpless cucumber to try, some pears, baby spinach (coz my garden won’t be able to keep up with it), runner beans (to try), brussel sprouts(to try), I got chick peas in tin, kidney beans in tin, coconut flour, chickpea flour, Hazelnut meal, Lentil flour, pepitas, sunflower kernels, eggs, almonds, Tuna, Roast beef slices, silverside slices, bacon, Rhubarb (love it), ginger, an avocado to try, strawberries and some greek yoghurt natural and vanilla.
    My tastebuds won’t know what hit them…
    Well can you let me know if I did ok with all that lot? I think I am on the right track with the right types of foods.
    I have actually been using up some Isowhey shakes for brekky until they run out, they are not very nice anyway.

Let me know what you think!!
    Thanks

on

Fantastic Sneak_me – I am coming to dinner! You can cook your celery, or eat it raw. It is great to bulk up bolognaise sauce or chili beans etc.

Onward and downwards!

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

It all sounds great, you have some treats ahead of you!

Only one word of caution. Be very careful of the apples. They are surprisingly high in calories but the real kicker is the carbs – 18g per apple! Be careful you don’t use your carbs up with apples without realising – perhaps only have small pieces as part of a salad rather than eating a couple of whole apples thinking they don’t matter.

Good luck! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Sneak_me
    on

ruthdownunder,
    Thanks for the celery tip will keep it in mind.. Yeah come for dinner but better wait till I got this whole things sorted.

Igorasusual,
    Go easy on the apples! Right! Got it!! Thanks

• posted by Sneak_me
    on

OMG! Fasting Blood Sugar this morning is 4.7 WOW!

Still on full medication but sheesh!!! I am not sure if I have ever had it that low….

Look at me go!! hehehe

on

See how clever you are – and it works!

• posted by Sneak_me
    on

OK two weeks down now and some new veggies under my belt…
    Green runner beans sliced, brussels fried in olive oil and garlic and I got them both down without too much trouble. Hubby did it with me too although he likes the beans… So progress there!
    Weighed in this morning and was down 2.8kgs from starting weight and I couldn’t be more wrap with the result and I was a little surprised too but it was wonderful. Very encouraging.
    Fasting blood sugar was 4.7mmol which is also impressive and that is not the first time it has been that low this week so I am a happy chappie. I will soon be able to come off one of my diabetes tablets and work on getting off the others.
    My avocado is ripe now so trying that next, probably tomorrow and then cucumber.
    Well that is my update for this fortnight.
    Hope you are all doing great too!

Does anyone know if there is a way to save some fav recipes from this site? I tried to screen print them but some don’t fit etc.
    Thanks

on

Hi Sneak_me great about the veggies and the weight loss. I am starting my second 8 weeks and have taken Igor’s advice and have eased off on the fruit. It is a bit hard when I have pawpaws all over my tree! So I am eating a little of them. I hope you like the avocado. I just love them, so it is so great that they are now considered a very healthy food. However I used to eat large ones – now I eat pieces of small ones. Ah well!

Avocado is wonderful with poached eggs, even without the sour dough toast!

• posted by Sneak_me
    on

HI again ruthdownunder,

sorry took me ages to reply but I haven’t been able to log in for a few days for some reason…. But can get back on now..
    I was wondering about all your fruit I was reading about in another post and thought it strange but if you have it at your home it must be hard to ignore hey, I hope you have managed to lessen it a bit coz by all accounts it will help you no end if you eat less of them.
    I tried avocado the other day with some chicken and I can’t say it tasted much of anything… So why do people eat it? Is it really good for you? I can’t imagine even sour dough (umm!) bread making it taste good. hehehe.

Still at least it is one more thing I have tasted… I won’t try to avoid it if I am out anywhere now as I know I can swallow it. ๐Ÿ™‚

This week for me has been a slow week, I haven’t lost anything and I haven’t been eating enough so I guess my body is hanging on to all it can get but I am upping the good food intake and hopefully see some more weight shift soon. That is what keeps us motivated…

Have a great week girls/guys

Please log in or register to post a reply.