'Weigh in' thread

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Just reading here and wondering how much weight in total has been lost in these 34 pages! A staggering amount thats for sure!OLDBLUEJEANS.Am just behind you..first day of week 7, no scales til i go to DDs so not sure how much ive lost/ if ive lost to add to the 26 lb lost by Day 40. Keep up the great work everyone! X

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi there all you lovely BSD peeps.

Well this is the end of my eight weeks, and the beginning of the next beautiful phase.
    Total lost 33 lbs have gone down 2 dress sizes, and changed my stone figure 3 times and I am now 15.13 or 101.3 kilo
    I have melted 9.5 c.m of bust. 19.5 c.m of waist and 7.5 c.m. Of hips, I thought it would have been more but I am 5ft 6 and my fat has always been very evenly distributed. I am on cloud nine.

Well being from day 2 felt marvellous, and yesterday I was announced by my practice nurse and doc that I am the Guinea pig, they know I was a midwife so felt they could talk to me like that but they were delighted and watching to see what occurs now.

My HbAic is now normal it was 45 is now 38. I have normal liver function, slightly raised C.R.P. But vastly improved on before, Hb good, and I can report I trot 10,000 steps a day now, the monster appetite is under control, have not swerved of the plan once, felt no urge to and I fell alive like I have only felt when I was about 19. I have lost a lot of weight before and didn’t feel like this.

So thankyou to this forum who have kept me going, and to doc M and the Newcastle team loving you all,

So bring on the next eight weeks, yeahhhh can’t wait, ooh of to tai chi now bye.
    Hope you all have an excellent week also😎😎😎

• posted by Nursebean
    on

THIRTY THREE POUNDS?!!! I’m speechless! No wonder you are on Cloud Nine GREENJANET!! Well done! I look forward to hearing your results over the next 8 weeks!
    Bean xx

• posted by Bissell
    on

Brilliant news Greenjanet, congratulations!

• posted by ange1ine
    on

Wow!!! Congratulations!! GreenJanet that is marvelous. What’s your plan for going forward,I have managed to drop a couple of stone before but it creeps back on ,so interested to hear how you plan to keep your wonderful achievement for life (only so I can copy πŸ˜‰) Huge congratulations you have come so far in such a short time !!! I hope to be right behind you x

• posted by lmp98
    on

Wow well done greenjanet that is fantastic x

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Some of you have asked what I am going to do now, more of the same lots more, I have enjoyed this plan so much I have no reason to fix what isn’t broken, so another 8 weeks of 800 cals and below 50 carbs. I have about 5 more stones to loose, so long way yet. Also no I won’t be integrating any treats or anything, I want to get this done as quickly as possible, and my treat is loosing sheds loads of weight, and feeling amazing, I have lugged this lot around for 41 years, I do not want to do anything that will impede me getting rid of it all.

I am fortunate I haven’t needed treats etc to keep me going life is to short and I don’t want to shorten it more by eating what I shouldn’t. We are all very different and approach this plan differently, it’s so important that we manage our plan in a way that feels controllable. I wish everyone continued success.

I love this plan and even when I have achieved goal weight, I will continue the same eating plan, as I have great trust in its benefits.😊😎😊😎🌞😎😊

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

greenjanet, Verano and I are going to carry on with another 8 weeks on the BSD with a thread which you could start or jump into ours when we get going. We are waiting until 30 due to family commitments although we will still be sticking to the plan in between. We will have to come up with an appropriate name showing that we are committing to a new set of goals to carry us through the next 8 weeks.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Sunshine girl and Verano yes please I will join you on the last eat BSD bus. I reckon I will be doing three more rotations, if I am fortunate like captain Lynne. But aiming for target by Xmas how about you both🚌

on

greenjanet, verano has started a thread on welcome to BSD but can’t remember the exact title. Sure we will find it.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Yep found it I’m on it, The BSD second wave bus 🚌🚌🚌🚌🚌🚌 we is going for it. How much more do you want to give to the fat pixies.? I’ve got 73 more of the little blighters to go. Phew better not think about that one, just aim for the next eight weeks.πŸ˜…

on

greenjanet, for me it will be just another 3 or 4 kgs. I am a slow loser but partly because of the insulin, I am happy that I have lost 3 kg on this and 1 kg before so a total of 4 kg. I am more interested in getting HBA1c down even further but will look at the figures next week when I have more time. All aboard the 2nd 8 week bus

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Sunshine girl

You have your priorities exactly right, well done for keeping focused I’m sure your next HbA1c will be better than before and that is your invisible good health indicator. Enjoy the ride on the second wave bus 🚌🚌🚌

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hey shall we all sit on the back seat of the bus together. When I was a kid we had a bus to come and get us to go to school and the popular kids always had the back seat. Now we can all nab a the backseat, Verano and who else , it’s a very long back seat, will take hundreds. Join us it’s the bus to the best party. The BSD party.πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Beep beep! Cant Wait to join you guys on 7 th September on the back seat of the second wave bus! Look out for me..i will be at the bus stop flagging you down and clutching my senior citizen bus pass ! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Weighed in this morning at half a pound less for the week, not a remarkable result, but I’ll take it, especially as we have been away for five days camping with the grandchildren and I haven’t been mega strict. Now I have four weeks to really knuckle down and stick to the 800/less than 50g carbs, to shift as many pounds as I can before a wedding and a trip back out to Turkey – wish me luck folks!!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

SUNSHINE youve done incredibly well while faced with the challenge of feeding hungry children and being so active with them,and at same time,being cautious yourself as to what you ate..in yr situation,it wd have been sooo easy to gain five lbs or more,but no- you lost! High five! Yay!
    Having smashed that,you will easily manage the next four weeks with such a lovely incentive ahead of you! X

• posted by ange1ine
    on

That’s AMAZINGπŸ˜²πŸ–’πŸ–’πŸ–’πŸ–’

• posted by NikkiD
    on

Hi everyone, can I ask, does everyone weigh themselves daily or weekly? Because I have been adhering the to diet so strictly, I can’t wait to weigh myself each morning to see the result, however I am then disappointed when there is no change for 2-3 days. I am 2 weeks 5 days into the BSD and have lost a total of 4.4kg. (9.7lbs) so far. My goal is to lose 15kgs (33lbs) down from 87 kgs (13.7 st). The first 2 weeks I lost much quicker than this week. I am adhering to the diet strictly and thought the weight would come off quicker after reading other peoples results.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi nikki
    I weigh daily, and yes I did plateau, sometimes for days, sometimes weeks. I am on week 9 and lost 33lbs but I am sticking absolutely to it, I do not eat what isn’t permitted and I eat 50 and below carbs a day. But we are all very different, I had 104 lbs to loose when I started so my loss may be faster than those who only want to shift 20 lbs. I was also very ill prior to starting this plan so I had a huge motivator, which will now last the rest of my life as I have now turned around serious symptoms.
    So do what’s best for you, if I stay the same or put on it motivates me, but if it demoralises you then perhaps weekly. Keep us posted.
    Regards jan

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Nikki

Have you MEASURED? Are you testing against clothes?

There is lots of experience here on the forum about weight slowing but measurements shifting. If you look me up in the search box you will find my thread about “not too much to lose but….”

So I would recommend a couple of things

See how the measurements are doing.
    Weigh as often or as little as you need – don’t get attached to what the scales say, you are doing yourself good and you need to commit to the 8 weeks.
    Divide your target into small chunks.

Also – how many carbs are you eating? Less that 50g per day within your 800 calories can kickstart the weight loss.

Hope that helps.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi nikkiD,
    I suppose it depends on how you feel about yourself, like the others have said, weigh yourself every day, once a week, whatever makes you feel better about the diet, I weigh every day, then if I have lost it motivates me to do more of the same, if I have put on or stayed the same, I want to do better!
    I also got told to up my fat intake if I wasn’t losing weight while keeping to the 800/50 principles!
    I hope that helps.
    Christine.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Some of us lose much more slowly than others, so you have company. Hitting a plateau is very frustrating but seems to happen to most of us at some point. It will come right at some point though, so don’t despair. It’s worth reviewing you carb in take – when I plateaued it was because although I had kept to the 800 cals, the carbs had snuck up a bit.

I’m sure you will be posting some positive results soon, so stay focused and keep soldiering on.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hi all, been traveling last week during weigh in so here are my stats on this week’s weigh in today with a total overview of my 17 weeks or anyone. I stay on the program 99% and only went over or under carbs or calories a handful of times in 17 weeks.
    This weigh in today I have lost another 8 lbs and 2.5 inches these past two weeks. I am also now down 12 sizes.
    Here are overall stats as I feel when I see these it helps me see we all have little stops and goes in our losses as our bodies adjust.
    πŸ’—H quick weight review
    Overview since I began in case it helps anyone… Stick with it!!

🌷Weekly weigh ins and loss in inches
    Week 1 – 9 lb / 4.5 inches
    Week 2 – 3 lb / 5.25 inches
    Week 3 – 5 lb / 4.75 inches
    Week 4 – .5 lb / 1.25 inches
    Traveling/stayed on program
    Week 5 – nothing lost
    Traveling/stayed on program
    Week 6 – 6.6 lbs / 1.75 inches
    Week 7 -1.4 lbs / 2.25 inches
    Week 8 – 4.6 lbs / 1.25 inches
    Taken off all BP meds by Dr. πŸ˜„
    Week 9 -.8 lbs / 0 inches
    Week 10 0 lbs / 1.75 inches
    Week 11 – 3 lbs / .25 inches
    Week 12 – 3 lbs / 1 inch
    Week 13 – traveling
    Week 14 – 7 lbs / .75 inches
    Week 15 – 2.5 lbs/ 2.75 inches
    Week 16 – traveling
    Week 17 – 8 lbs / 2.5 inches

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Just bobbing in for now to report…
    I just got weighed at DDs,even tho it was after my lunch and i was fully dressed..have now lost two stones in 45 days. Possibly more if it had been an early morning no clothes weigh in!
    Back later to read how everybody’s getting on x

• posted by Ninneyfish
    on

Another inspirational read. Great to see you are all doing so well. Was losing faith a little as after a good start 8 lb week 1 it slowed down a bit. Anyway 12 lb in 3 weeks is not to be sniffed at I told myself. Think I’m impatient. Stepped up the exercise and looked at my portion sizes. Have a good bank holiday weigh in Monday πŸ™

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

HAPPYLIFE thanks for stats..theyre amazing! Do you have any special tips as an oldtimer of 17 weeks? X

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hi Yowzer49,

Just stay with it! Captain Lynne has done very well also and has been doing it a long while.
    Find things you enjoy that you can have on your program and be sure to prep food so you don’t get caught off guard without something on your plan.
    I am 61 and my hubby 67 in a few days so anyone can do it at any age.
    πŸ’œ

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks HAPPY LIFE! You and Hubs are great role models…and CAP’N LYNNE of course!..i feel i am flagging a bit now as i come close to starting my last week..will most likely be redoing another 8 week cycle,so will keep yr advice in mind !🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸 Xx

• posted by lmp98
    on

Wowsers Yowzer -55lb in 17 weeks!!! That is amazing! You must be so proud of yourself πŸ™‚ x

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Wow happy life

You are doing an amazing job, it’s good to see someone else also giving the plan 100% just shows how you can get those amazing results. Keep up the good work.
    Regards jan

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Yowser

Ooh I’m so delighted for you luvvy, the dedication to the cause is paying of πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜Ž

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

IMP itsHappy Life not me who’s lost all that weight! But watch this space,perhaps i’ll lose same after seventeen weeks! I can only try to follow HLs example! X

• posted by Frog
    on

Happy Life – that’s amazing – that’s 25 kilos!!!
    I was going to say makes me feel a lightweight, but if I’d lost as much as you, I’d be 11kg lighter than I am!!

Hi Yowzer – when I was weighed at the GPs the other afternoon, it was about 2.5kg higher than my morning weight (the three litre of water has to go somewhere!) – you’re probably closer to two and a half stone. Even if it is only two, that’s still really great.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Morning. Today’s official weigh in shows a loss of 2 pounds. Total loss now 6st 4lbs (88 pounds or 39.9 kg). Only 3 pounds still to lose before I hit healthy BMI.

• posted by Frog
    on

Yeah, that’s amazing, congratulations Lynne
    Did your new uniforms arrive yet?

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Woo hoo nearly there πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Frog – not yet. Will come UPS, probably next week. Hmm I’ll be away so they may need to re-deliver😱

Hi Janet – yippee, many, many years since I was this close to target. Booked b&b in York for Tuesday to Friday. Wonder if I’ll manage to find something new to wear? Even if not, lots of shops to explore πŸ˜ƒ And lots of places to get my black coffee πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi all,
    Well done Lynne, again, you have amazing will power, I’m afraid even on my back to basics I find it hard to stay at 800 calories, no problem most days with the carb count though?
    I also have the added problem of husband and grown up daughter to contend with!

I have just read a few of the posts on this thread, and you all seem to have done great with the odd plateau here and there,
    YOWSER98, well done you are doing great, how many weeks into the bsd are you? I am on week 30 starting Monday and I weigh daily, however I am struggling to lose the last few pounds, that’s why I have started the back to basics, to make me accountable, it’s only for my own satisfaction/ shaming! (When I ‘fall’ of the wagon)

HAPPYLIFE, GREENJANET, SUNNYB, IGORASUSUAL, IMP98, and last but (definately) not least FROG, you are all amazing, and a good example to all the newbies who are on the forum wondering if this bsd diet is going to work, they only have to look at your posts to see how good it is and so successful.
    Christine.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Oh Christi, thank you for the compliment, when you’ve had something work it’s great to be able to share tips on what seemed to make the difference.

I’m sure you’ll knock off those last few pounds! Have you tried even more liquid? Apart from filling you up and making you focus on drinking (and peeing) rather than eating, it does seem to wash away the fat!

I’m having a moment with blackberries. We grow a few brambles ( or rather just don’t stop them growing themselves) in the garden and I am having great trouble with the temptation of harvesting them every morning.

50g of blackberries is not very much and I must pick and eat much more than this each day – don’t think they are actually as many carbs as MFP says, as not all of them are really sweet.

Only an issue if I’m trying to keep under 30g of carbs, it’s not the calorie load worried about.

But hey. Nature’s bounty or what!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thanks CHRISTI i’ m on day 46, so only ten more days to go on this first cycle!
    Wow week 30! Thats some achievement!
    I always admire you folk who have others at home to consider..if there was bread etc in the house,i doubt i could resist 24/7. As it is,long as i dont buy it,i dont have to think of it,and can kick the simple carbs to the kerb! πŸ˜€

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Yeah Lynn! So exciting and you have come so far! I’ve lost 82 total and 52 on BSD these last 17 weeks and you are an inspiration my entire journey. I still have a ways to go.
    πŸ’œ

• posted by Jooles
    on

Wow @happylife that is incredible and really inspirational. To be losing 8lbs at week 17 is just amazing and really shows the power of sticking with the plan even when you don’t lose. It must have been so disheartening when you didn’t lose anything on those weeks but sticking with it has really paid off. I’m convinced πŸ™‚ thank you for sharing your stats.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks Jooles! I haven’t been too disheartened if I didn’t lose in a week as there was always a reason like getting OFF my blood pressure meds and such which was great!
    Just keep going!

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi igorasusual,
    Thanks for the pep talk, I do drink loads of water, I have tea for breakfast then water through the day then last thing I have a coffee. I find that the more water I drink the sweeter it tastes so I enjoy drinking it, I sometimes have two glasses of it on the go so that wherever I am there is a glass of water there plus I have a bottle of water by my bed!
    How on earth do you keep under 30 carbs a day, I only just manage 50 ! Please do tell.
    Christine

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Yowser49,
    You are obviously doing something right and it does help when there is support, or in your case no one to tempt you with forbidden fruits, my problem is the temptation is there 24/7!
    Keep up the good work, any idea what your final weight might be? or are you like me, I give myself a goal, then decide to lose a bit more, until I feel happy with my weight that is what i am doing.
    Christine.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lynne,
    You will do the next three pounds in no time! Looking forward to your next weigh in. Good luck and enjoy York and all the lovely shops that they have there, I hope you find something that you like.
    Christine

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Christi

Under 30 carb typical day:
    Breakfast
    3 cups coffee with full fat milk 42 cals 4 carbs
    Two fried eggs, 6 baby plum tomatoes, served on 20g baby spinach, with 30 g feta 237 cals 4 carbs
    Lunch
    2 slices Leerdammer cheese, 20g smoked salmon, rolled round 1 head of chicory halved 174 calories 2 carbs
    Dinner
    110g fillet of salmon cooked in the oven in foil with a (gently fried) topping of 3 baby tomatoes, 1 spring onion, 10g chilli pepper, 10g red pepper with garlic and ginger paste.
    150g courgette cut into chunks and dry fried
    Served on 20g baby spinach, 1 baby gem lettuce, 20g feta cheese, 10g mixed nuts
    1 tbsp of olive oil allowed 448 cals 8 carbs
    Total 858 cals 14g carbs 69g fat 58g protein

That would be quite a low day – generally 20 or so. But it can be done!

• posted by GemGem
    on

that is amazing captainlynne! you’re so inspiring for me who has a similar amount to lose!
    My own first week is over now, seven days down, survived πŸ™‚ What a big change in lifestyle it has been. And pretty thrilled to have lost 5.2kg which is 11.4lb. To say I am Thrilled is understatement of the century!!!

• posted by Bissell
    on

Ooh Igorasusual that sounds delicious! All round to your place then!

Please log in or register to post a reply.