'Weigh in' thread

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Just to add, took OH into a Zara the other day, he has a couple of their shirts which I have bought him. I also bought him some shirts in River Island, which he loves, and yesterday in London bought him some shirts in Uniqlo also. With his Gap jeans he’s feeling more funky and less Mr Marks&Spencer.

πŸ™‚

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Igorasusual πŸ˜ƒ

Unfortunately time is limited tomorrow (going down to get fitted for new uniform) and it’s the wrong side of pay day for much personal shopping. But I’ll look in the bigger towns locally, and might arrange another trip to London in a few months.

My nearest clothes shops are in Durham – Next, M&S, H&M, New Look, etc. But all small stores. Nearest major shopping centre is Newcastle. I’ve a few days off Bank Holiday week so might go over to Newcastle and play in clothes shops! πŸ˜ƒ

Strangely enough I feel drawn towards vintage – must be my age LOL. But I love that look. Not practical where I live, but I do like it😳

At 5ft 1in and size 12/14 at the minute finding ‘petite’ clothes is my aim. Although I can shorten trousers and most skirts I prefer to find ones that are the right length.

Btw – I know a good charity shop. Just off Oxford Street that gets a lot of designer clothing in. Guess where I might visit tomorrow? πŸ˜ƒ

Will keep you posted πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lynne,
    It’s a bit late, (been watching the cycling) if you get chance to read this before you set off for London in the morning, have a good and safe trip, I hope all goes well and you get back in one piece, I will be thinking of you, getting measured for your new uniform!
    If you do have time you really do deserve to look for something new for yourself.
    Christine

• posted by Frog
    on

Three months today since I started BSD (well three months yesterday, but this mornings weigh in was the results of three months, if you see what I mean!)
    None lost this morning – ill advised early morning snack of nuts and dried cranberries, but none gained.
    Overall, 13.5 kilos – so 4.5 kilos a month average, I’m really pleased with that.

I am NOT going down Quinnt’s route this morning of how much I would have lost if I’d not eaten X
    (and in my case, that would probably run to a full alphabet, not stop at B for barbecue!)

I’m seeing the diabetic nurse tomorrow – not entirely sure what for, because I’ve not had any blood test recently, but the surgery called and said the appointment was overdue.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Just reporting mission achieved. At least what I had to do. New uniform is size 14 and only needs skirt hemming. Last one (size 24) needed jacket sleeves shortening & shoulders altering). One blouse (different style/manufacturer) was a size 12!πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Way to go captainlynne!!!!

• posted by healthychange
    on

Started the BSD and lost 5lb in 13 days… before jetting off to France for 3 weeks. I ate fairly well on holiday; no croissants/ ice cream/ cake etc. I would say under 2000 cal but way over 800. To my amazement I lost 0.75 lb whilst away, not the gain I had been expecting/dreading.
    Day 14 was yesterday and am now at my lowest weight in 2 years after a 6.5lb loss. I’m lost for words, this diet is incredible!

• posted by Bubblesdevere
    on

Well done everyone, so successful is this life style that it takes too long to mention each of you by name!

For those who haven’t lost or lost much this week, take heart from all the successes – we all have a bad week at some point – I was disappointed that it was only a 1lb for me this week but its in the right direction and I have learned one important fact for real now – if you take your eye off the ball, don’t keep scrupulously to your plan, (which ever you choose, they are all great!) it doesn’t take many calories to bring your loss to a grinding halt or worse a gain!

Perseverance is king and the saying “fail to prepare, prepare to fail” is never more so true than with eating! Make sure you plan and prepare the foods you need to keep you on track, even if it means a second trip to the supermarket for more fresh veg; if you are lazy like me, buy prepared stuff – my life is too short to deal with onions – I use frozen and the bonus is you don’t need oil to fry them, just dry fry straight from the freezer. Great for soups, curries, stews, stir fries ( you can get red onion slices frozen too at Asda and Tesco) and once cooked and cooled, add to quiches, fritters, bakes, etc. No waste, easy to measure and sooo easy to cook!

I hope you all have a brilliant week – I plan to start sharing my recipes on here soon, hope they will be of help.

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lynne,
    I bet you are so glad that you now have a uniform that fits? Did you end up treating yourself to anything else?
    Hope you have had a safe journey home.
    If you are in touch with Judith can you please give her my best wishes, she has been in my mind for a couple of days now?
    Christine.

• posted by stringbreaker
    on

Hi Lynne,

How good is that. How on Earth have you coped with your old uniform for the last month or two?

I’m waiting with bated breath for that magic day when you finally post that you have reached your goal – you’re our “poster girl” and our inspiration – you can’t imagine what a happy day we’ll ALL have when you get there. Keep at it girl.

Onwards and downwards,

John (4 lbs to go)

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Lynne.

Way to go, Bril, how great is that you will be able to get so much more work done with the minimum of effort, and look svelte and smart at the same time. What a great example.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Christine – I’ll message Judith and report back. Didn’t have much time (or money) after I’d done what I had to do unfortunately. Walked miles. Saw lots of changes along Regent Street and Oxford Street. Visited Foyles πŸ˜ƒ Wanted to go in W H Smith on Oxford Street – but that whole building now closed! Went in lots of clothes shops but nothing caught my eye. In one an assistant was handing something to customers – but not me! Obviously didn’t fit her idea of their client base! Journey home was fine until York. Then race goers got on and it was very, very noisy. And we’d left London late. But back safely and taxi home from station.

John – Fortunately I had some smaller skirts and one smaller tunic πŸ˜ƒ Even so, I had to take in the smallest skirt 4 inches to have one that didn’t slide down. As for the tunic, I had to move the buttons 2 inches to make it anywhere near a fit. Fortunately I don’t wear it often in the summer πŸ˜ƒ I’d bought one smaller blouse when I was last in London on 31st May. I’d not realised quite how big it was until I saw myself on a photo taken recently. I guessed I’d need one size smaller – but I needed to go down two sizes 😱 I’ve about 6 pounds to lose to target – that shouldn’t affect the fit of said new uniform. And the size means I have no room to gain anything πŸ˜ƒ One advantage of tailored uniforms πŸ˜ƒ

Greenjanet – I can certainly move more easily, and faster. I couldn’t believe how far I walked today – over 11,000 steps! One blouse I bought today is a fitted style and was only made to 18 so I was happy to get into a 14. But then told they’re now made up to 26! Ho hum. LOL.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Christine

Just heard back from Judith. She says thanks. Not been well, and had bad reactions to two different antibiotics.

• posted by Boomer53
    on

Morning all! So excited to read about all the positive stuff happening for people. Yesterday was the final day of my first 8 weeks. My blood sugar readings are staying so steady-within about 15 points-before and after eating. My numbers are rarely above 130 now. Quite an accomplishment since I typically ran high 200s with occasional 400s. My weight is down about 22 pounds. I have been on plateau for a couple weeks. But I am pleased with the loss. I have dropped two solid sizes in clothes. The main thing is that I am feeling so much better. I will be continuing on so today is week 9 day 1. Looking forward to more wonderful things! Laura.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

BOOMER53 welldone on staying the course for 8 weeks and for dropping two dress sizes! πŸ‘πŸ»β­οΈ
    Happy 3 month anniversary FROG 🎈🎈🎈🎈🎈 x!
    Well done HEALTHYCHANGE on lowest weight in 2 years! πŸ’πŸ’and also congrats STRINGBREAKER!only 4 lbs to go! πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½ x

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lynne,
    Thanks for getting in touch with Judith, giver her my love, I don’t know why but she has been in my mind for a few days, a very good friend from church advised me to act on those thoughts and not to do nothing so that is what I try to do now.
    Christine

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Christine – I agree with your friend! Thank you for acting on the thought.

Don’t want to say much on a public forum. You on Facebook or email?

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi Lynne,
    My email is chwilsontynings@gmail.com, I am also on Facebook as christine wilson mother of five, grandmother of 11plus two step grandchildren, from Walsall originally from Accrington, I don’t know how you would find me on Facebook though? Anyway looking forward to either email or Facebook.
    Christine.

• posted by lmp98
    on

Hi all,
    So pleasing to see such good news for everyone (apart from Judith, get well soon). I yoyo’d +1/-1 for week 3 but eventually lost 1/2lb by the end so -9.5lb overall, then I plateaued for 5 days and was starting to despair a bit about week 4 but have then lost 2lb overnight on wed and another 1lb down this morning so now -12.5lb πŸ™‚
    I hope it stays that way and hoping I can sneak of another 0.5lb before the end of the week!!
    Ps CaptainLynne I bet you hardly recognised yourself in your new uniform!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Morning all.

Another 2 pounds gone this week (end of week 35), making a total of 86 pounds lost.

Only 5 pounds to go to my target weight (and ‘healthy’ BMI)

Imp98 – I don’t have a full length mirror at home, but when I see myself in one in a hotel room or changing room I get quite a surprise! πŸ˜³πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Captainlynne

Bril work you are my inspiration. Ooh nearly there yeahhhhhhhπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• posted by Christi1948
    on

Hi john,
    I have just read your post that you only have four pounds to go, well done you! It’s been a couple of days ago now, how long will it take you do you think to lose that magical four pounds?
    I have had over a month not doing too well on the diet up one pound down a few ounces! So started doing strict (ish) with myself this week, I’m on week 28 and have ten pounds to lose to get to where I think I will be happy with my weight. I had a great start, then we had a celebratory meal out last night for our wedding anniversary, we rarely eat out so it was a treat! Needless to say I’m not hungry this morning, I will get back to strict today though.
    Good luck with that final few pounds, you will do it, what week are you on by the way?
    Christine

• posted by stringbreaker
    on

Hi Christi,

Thanks for your encouragement. When I reached the “4lbs to go” mark I’d just lost half a stone quite quickly, so although I’m being pretty good, I’ll “plateau” for a bit now. I’ve decided not to obsess about it so I’m staying off the scales until 1st September.
    I haven’t really counted the weeks as I’ve had a couple of relapses but I started on 1st Feb after being on 5.2 for January

John

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi John

Looking forward to seeing your result on 1st September πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Veronika
    on

Hello all, am loving all these posts, ideas, struggles, successes — I’m in good company πŸ™‚ Today is day 2 for me, and l’ve already lost 1.3kg (3 lbs). Water, air or fat I don’t care, it’s gone, for good. No headaches yesterday as I followed all the good advice here, thank youse. Am on meal replacements for breakfast and lunch, then cooking from the BSD book recipes for dinner. My OH is doing the 2:5 diet and “all in” on the BSD evening meal – so yay! I even have a diet buddy now. Early days I know, but I feel very positive and excited about this change for good. Last October I stopped drinking alcohol for good, and now this seems like the logical next step for me, and a liberating one after a tough 18 months health-wise. Spring and Summer is heading our way in the Southern Hemisphere… I might need to get a new cossie πŸ™‚ Wishing everyone a successful BSD day, we can do this !!

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Veronika
    Welcome and keep it up, it real does workπŸ˜€
    You may have some hiccups along the way and you may have weeks where you’ve done everything right but you don’t lose weight, but don’t lose heart as it will work.
    I’m now 65kg and only 2kg off my goal weight after having lost 24.9kg in 18 weeks. I’m loving the eating regime and I have no intention of ever going back to added sugars or simple carbs again.
    I find the best way of keeping on track is to weigh everything and log it in a food diary app, I use MyDietDiary, but others seem happy with My Fitness Pal.
    Keep it up, report your losses every week and enjoy this new way of lifeπŸ˜€
    I’m in Sydney, where are you?
    Good luck
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hey Veronika, good work with the diet. Also giving up alcohol. I did it for 2 years after reading Kick the Drink – Easily by Jason Vale (the juicing guy). Now because I am not used to it I can go out and have just one drink with a meal. I was sitting around on a hot summer night (last week) with my brother and daughter and I had one drink to their 7 or 8 which is what I would have done before. Just like this diet it is a bit of a life changer.

P.S. I used to live in Sydney (now in France) firstly in a flat near Randwick Racecourse then we bought a condo at Cammera (can’t remember the name) about 30 miles outside Sydney.

on

Wow Linda 65 kg, that is the weight I was before I went onto insulin and it is my goal weight for the end of this diet although I have not thought that far ahead yet. Hey just realised that is only 10 kg to go for me. That is like seeing the end in sight. Keep up the good dieting.

• posted by c0sie
    on

Thought I’d add myself to this πŸ™‚

Started my journey on Sunday 7th August, weighed myself first thing in the morning (always): 25st 2.0lb/160kg
    Sunday 14th August: 24st 6.0lb/155kg (-10.0lb)
    Sunday 21st August: 24st 1.75lb/153kg (-4.25lb)

I’m down a fraction over 1 stone/7kg in 2 weeks. Granted water weight will be a factor there, I’m aware I have lost water in my legs, but hopefully there will be fat loss in there too πŸ™‚

• posted by LainieUK
    on

Well done!! What a fabulous result. Hope you have a good week. I’m on day 5 and am loving it. I thought it would be so hard but it’s not, just takes a bit of planning.

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Hi all, many congratulations and especially to LindaA . You are all inspiring. Linda especially because she walks so far – Frog also

I have finished my 8 weeks and lost a stone (6.4kg) This is very good for me, as apart from baby weight I have never lost this much before. I am just keeping on in much the same vein. Will see how I go. I have not been this weight 72.9kg since about 1997

c0sie, well done, and well done to all.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi ruthdownunder
    Thank you, I couldn’t have done it without the support of everyone on the forum, it’s very motivating to read about everyone else’s success.

I’m off work today and would normally go for a 2 hour bush walk, but there’s rain closing in so I came home after an hour. It’s funny how I felt disappointed to have to cut it short, where 5 months ago, it would have killed me to walk 30 minutes. Amazing how the body adapts to exercise!
    Good luck to everyone this week, stay strongπŸ˜€
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Angiebabe
    on

Hey guys

It still works 12 weeks 37 pounds lost in total including another 2 pounds this past week. Hurray!
    Had a couple of celebratory meals this week still ok. I think I’m naturally choosing low carb foods.
    Bless my lads as they all order chocolate desserts they automatically order ‘your special mint tea’ mum so I’m not left with an empty plate.

Keep going everyone those 2 pounds a week add up to something great.

My next mini goal is another 5 pounds to get me into the next stone bracket.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Ay Caramba *waves*. Just looking for you. Hit 9st 11lb today – how are you doing?

4 pounds and I’m be at my target πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by oldbluejeans
    on

YAY – end of wk 6 – nearly 10% of weight lost today and I am now 75kg. In old money that’s just under 12 stone. I am so happy to have reached this goal and I think it was 2 years ago I was this weight (on 5:2 but couldn’t stick to it). This seems to be my danger time – on MFP where I’ve tried to lose weight over the last few years this is the lowest I’ve got to and then it creeps up again but I think BSD really suits me – I enjoy eating like this. hope everyone has a good week!

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Hi captainlynne
    Just logged in and spotted your post. You are amazing…..huge hats off to you….. brill work.
    You may have guessed by my congrats that I’m …..STILL not down to 9st 11lb but I’m getting there….just 1lb to go for me.
    (Confession…..out for the day yesterday and along with my healthy picnic. I accepted the tempting offers of others for a cream scone and 2 glasses of wine……oops. Strange but my scales seem to have registered this!!!!)

Been hovering around the magic BMI number but it’s not official unless it is official weigh-in day. So 9st 12lb it is πŸ™‚
    Week 30 of strict BSD 800 should do it!!!

Good news is my body has really been working on my tummy muscles in the last few weeks.
    The ‘when-is-that-baby-due’ look that I have been sporting for years is long gone.

Just a very small tummy-wodge to go. Body pump this morning might help!!!

• posted by ange1ine
    on

Just done 2 weeks and lost 10lb!! Very happy! I like the food as I am a big veg/salad fan! I’m also used to going without carbs as I’m wheat intolerant and while holidaying/eating out tend to go without ,if there are no alternatives (which is a large percentage of the time ). Have felt hungry but I weirdly quite like the feeling ,is that odd? It makes me feel like it’s working! I did have a brunch type English cooked breakfast after nearly two weeks and my stomach felt very uncomfortable ,I think it has shrunk? Is that possible after only two weeks?

• posted by lmp98
    on

Hi all, well done everyone, welcome newbies, and thanks to all for your inspiration πŸ™‚
    After 4 weeks I’ve lost 11.6lb (it was 12.5 but a pesky lb snuck back on overnight 😑). I started to feel a bit downhearted but then realised that I’ve still lost 2lb this week, I was just a bit miffed as I was hoping to have lost a whole stone – but I’m only a couple of pounds away now so I’ve pulled myself together!

LindaA thank you for your post, I started on a similar weight to you and my aim is also 65kg and I can definitely do this for another 14 weeks – in fact it’s 17 weeks until Xmas hols (sorry!) so that is my target. Also my friend at work is on a mission too so we have a pact to be good together, which will help πŸ™‚

Onwards and downwards we all go!
    L xx

• posted by Frog
    on

well done on the weight loss Imp – but Christmas already??!
    Have started seeing Christmas cards in shops – very depressing!

on

Arrrrrrg Imp98 you are going to have to pay a penalty for mentioning the X word.

• posted by LizEE
    on

So inspiring to read everyone’s posts and met goals. I don’t know why it took me so long to realize the path I was on, and to realize that I could alter that. Thought it was aging and normal. Figured I’d end up looking like my not-so healthy old Mom and grandmother as time went on. Now, despite a medical setback, this program has shown me that I am able to lose weight and regain some of the youthful energy and painfree living that comes with being fit. Congratulations to everyone for such hard earned but well enjoyed success.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi ay caramba

Good to hear from you πŸ˜ƒ You’ll lose that pound, no problem!

I was asked how long before I reach 9st 7lbs (top of my revised healthy BMI) but I couldn’t say for certain. If the weight goes at the rate it has been doing, it could be another 2 or 3 weeks. It might be a little longer. But I will get there. πŸ˜ƒ

on

Quick dip in, after losing 8.5 lbs then going off plan (calories only still no carbs – oh, except for that slice of pizza…..) and gaining 2. Now lost 9.5 lbs so in 5 days I have lost the 2 lbs I gained plus another one. I am off to pick my daughter up from the airport and she will be with me until Sunday so we may have a few drinks but she is going to be on this plan (don’t call it a diet, it is my live plan) so we will see how we both do.

• posted by orchid
    on

Congratulations on all the good news everyone!
    Captainlynne – as ever – exceptional! Ay Caramba – sooo close, it will just disappear one morning soon!

I have just hit the 4 stones lost mark (25.9kg) and now BMI 24.3. Aiming for BMI 23 which is 3.9kg to go. This week appeared to be very slow but did end up being 0.9kg lost, it is getting slower even as I am upping the exercise! I had hoped for a little more given I did an 18km walk last Monday, but I did eat more carbs that day to ensure I did not faint!

Keep up the good work and enthusiasm!

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

I never really did hold much by BMI, just what felt and looked right. But it’s quite exciting to report I have hit 23.7 BMI at a random check!!!!! Yay BSD, thank you.

• posted by oldbluejeans
    on

that’s really good news Baristagirls. That’s my goal, some way to go yet but well done you.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Thank you oldbluejeans, you’ll get there! My mum is still heading onwards and downwards with a way to go but looking very different.

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Baristagirls……great BMI score…….

and Orchid……plus 4 stones lost. Way to go girls πŸ™‚

I’m not there yet but 3 separate people in the last week have said I’m half the size I was……not accurate ….
    strictly speaking I think I’ve lost around 23% of my body weight!!!!!

• posted by LizEE
    on

I’m inspired and impressed! Wow. How long did it take you to get to 23%? I expect with shaping up and losing, you probably do look half your size. Must feel amazing. Congrats.
    I have 6 lbs to go, to hit my 10%. New on this journey. Will go for more. But on hold as I recover. Was thinking how much more difficult surgery recovery would be if I was lugging around that extra weight and not eating as healthily as I recently was. So many incentives to take this seriously!

• posted by lmp98
    on

Sorry! I knew I’d be in trouble for mentioning the x word!!!! 😊

So nice to hear about all the successes from so many different people. I’m going to add mine today: I’ve lost a stone in a month πŸ™‚ bmi was 30, now 27.9 so everything going on right direction πŸ™‚
    Still a fair way to go (2stone) but it genuinely feels achievable. Go team!! 😁

Please log in or register to post a reply.