'Weigh in' thread

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by NewLife
    on

Thanks hash ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m shamelessly copying Deb and I’ve started to post goals and rewards on my profile. Such a good idea.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Great to see some good results being posted by everyone. I’m at the end of week 6 and this is my last complete week weigh-in before we go away on Friday. I have been hoping to crack the stone lost mark before our holiday, but still a bit to go at this morning’s weigh-in – lose this week 2.8lb with 1.4lb left to go to a full stone lost.

On other measurements, I have lost a total of 2inches on my waist – not as much as some, but I am aware I have lost chub from other areas too. My BMI is down from a starting point of 28.1 to 25.6 – still not out of the over weight zone, but close.

Overall, I’m pretty happy with things so far and I will be doing my best to weigh in at a whole stone less by Friday. Have planned how I am going to keep things under control while I’m away, so hope that if I put any on, it will be very little and not all piled back on before I get back in two months.

• posted by Grandma48
    on

Hi SunnyB
    One thing that finally clicked in my brain last week is about drinking water. It has really contributed to my weight loss this past week. 3lbs in 3 days! So get that tap turned on and drink away the last 1.4lb. Good luck
    Janice

• posted by alexginda
    on

I have lost 4.8 lbs after the first week which is very encouraging and I can see a difference in my waistline and energy levels are up so looking forward to this week but anticipating a hiccup because it’s our Wedding Anniversary on Friday and we don’t eat out very often.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Sunnyb those are good results, don’t knock ’em!! You might even reach your goal of a stone by Friday!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Alexginda, you can choose to eat well but sensibly on your anniversary. How about a lovely steak with butter/mustard sauce or peppercorn sauce and a side of veg? Plus a glass of wine/champers? It’s a special occasion! ๐Ÿ™‚

Newlife, those goals and rewards are a good idea!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by spendloven
    on

Lost 5lbs in my first day!! So pleased

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Wow, spenloven that will spur you on through the complexities of your new diet!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Leeanne
    on

Now started week 5.
    Weigh in today was 12st 13lbs so have crossed the stone milestone at last!

• posted by Omega
    on

Beginning of week three and have lost in total 3,6 kg (8 lb).

First week 2 kg.

Second week 1,6 kg.

Also no migraines and have more energy. Really motivated to keep going!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Way heh, leeanne, that is a BIG milestone!!! Congratulations!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Omega, great weight loss but even better news is that you have had no migraines!! When you first mentioned them it dawned on me that I have had no migraines on this diet either. They are not really regular – can go a few weeks and then get them 3 days in a row so I am crossing my fingers for both of us. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by jpscloud
    on

Well done all you ‘losers’!! ๐Ÿ™‚

I lost 2lb this week – a little surprised as I’ve done pretty much the same as last week with a little more walking, if anything – but happy all the same. Onwards I go!

• posted by Kathy54
    on

Beginning of week 2 lost 4lbs in the first week, which I am pleased with. Do not feel hungry at all and enjoy my yoghurt and berries for breakfast.

• posted by jpscloud
    on

Well done Kathy! Full fat yoghurt is just the business for breakfast isn’t it?

• posted by CallMeDeb
    on

Copying is allowed and insisted upon!

Just a suggestion re: rewards, you may want to break them down into smaller bits, so the next reward doesn’t seem so far away. I find that this keeps me motivated. It doesn’t have to be anything big or expensive (some examples: painting your nails a fun colour, re-reading an old favourite, I love the new socks idea). The only hard and fast rule is that the reward CANNOT be FOOD.

But you all knew that anyway ๐Ÿ˜‰

You all are inspiring and amazing!

Cheers,

Deb

• posted by spendloven
    on

Love the idea of smaller rewards. I love getting my nails done so that will be mine. Every half stone lost I think

• posted by Lesley91
    on

Tried on my wedding dress today. Couldn’t bare it any longer.. It looks gorgeous.
    Doesn’t do all the way up yet but is much closer than before.

It is so pretty me and my mum nearly cried again haha.

#2Stone6Weeks

14 weeks until the big day x

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Oooh, lesley, well done! You will just slip into that dress before your wedding! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by CallMeDeb
    on

That’s amazing Lesley! You’re going to need to have it altered down at this rate ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Callmedeb, I was thinking the same lol ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by DJDAussie
    on

Ok. Week 1 results in. …… drum roll please. … 2.2 kg (4.8lbs) loss and 4cm (1.5″) off waist. FBS this morning 6.4. Oh yeah!!! One happy little vegemite here. ๐Ÿ˜ŽDx

• posted by spendloven
    on

Well done everyone!!!

• posted by Natalie
    on

Week one weight loss (round two of BSD): 1.6 kg. I was actually down to a 2 kg loss a few days ago but then the weekend happened….

I’m very happy with a loss of 1.6 kg in a week, and ready for week two! I need to make another pot of yoghurt. (This isn’t as fancy as it sounds. I have an Easiyo which is basically a thermos. You mix the yoghurt sachet with warm water, then put that container into the thermos with boiling water and leave overnight. Voila. Yoghurt made at home. Then add fruit.)

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Djdaussie congratulations! ๐Ÿ™‚

And to you natalie, 1.6kg is a big resullt!
    My sister has an easiyo too ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Wow the good news just keeps piling in, well done to all of you.
    Has anyone noticed, while on the journey, the amount of lost weight that is just lying about everywhere ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by NewLife
    on

Good idea Deb, I’m going to think about some inbetween rewards.

• posted by NewLife
    on

So many losers here – WTG everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by shortapple
    on

Congrats to all the ‘losers’ on here, been reading over all your successes.
    Deb, that is a fine profile idea- will definitely be copying you.
    Anyhoo- popped in to say 1st week-5.6lbs off. Overjoyed!

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Great stuff shortapple you got past week 1 with a result!!!
    Another 7 weeks and you’ll be singing it from the rooftops ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by shortapple
    on

Cheers Bill. However, got my sums wrong 6.4lbs off- even more joy!

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Shortapple, wow, way to go!!!!!!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Omega
    What s fantastic unexpected bonus to not have migraines! I had the bonus of sleeping all night every night which I didn’t used to do.
    Best of luck in your continuing journey
    Penny

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Lesley
    Good news, well done.
    Penny

• posted by Patsy
    on

That’s great news, Lesley! Keep at it.

I’ve lost 1/2 stone! (since starting, not overnight) I’m sure my thighs are less wobbly and dimpled too. Don’t know if that’s the diet or the extra walking, but it’s good news either way.

• posted by NewLife
    on

Well done Patsy!
    I peeked on the scales this morning and I’ve lost another pound so only one to go for my first stone ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Inka
    on

Hi everyone, seems that you are all still enjoying the great benefits the BSD bings.
    I am now W6D3 and my weigh-in on Monday morning showed that I lost another 0.8kg, not as much as before, but i am still pleased with it as the values the scales are showing are till going in the right direction…. I could tighten my belt another hole today, so I am now right in the middle. My belt has six holes…. When I think that only a few short weeks ago, I had trouble finding the first hole, let alone doing it up, I am thrilled…and to top it off, I finally broke through the 90 kg barrier for the first time in many years!!!! Feeling decidedly “skinny” and looking forward to giving another 10 or do kg’s away….
    While looking around for recipes and more info about the evil sugar, I came across many articles suggesting that ingesting organic pure coldpressed virgin coconut oil is supposed to have lots of health benefits, one of them being to assist with loosing fat, in particular belly fat…. Something to do with the kind of fatty acid in the oil and also supposedly speeding up the metsbolism. I know it has lots of cals but it says that they are good cals…. Just wondering if any of you have experience with this …. have you tried it, and if so, does it work and does it make you feel better?
    Hope you are all doind exceptionally well!!!!

• posted by Patsy
    on

Well done New Life and Inka.

I don’t use coconut oil exactly, but do buy blocks of creamed coconut which has coconut oil at one end and I’ve been using more of that now I realise it’s OK to eat stuff with fat in. I lurve coconut!

• posted by pmshrink
    on

Hi Inka
    I’ve read a lot of good things about coconut oil so I bought some – but don’t like it. ! I feel as though my mouth is coated after I’ve eaten it. If anyone has an answer to this problem i d love to hear it.
    ( it’s good apparently because of the long chain structure ??)
    Penny

• posted by Matrika
    on

I think it’s medium chain.
    I wonder if cleaning your teeth immediately after eating would help, if it is the feel in your mouth that turns you off?
    I usually use coconut oil for low heat cooking and I inevitably have turmeric and other spices cooked in with it.
    And I make sure to only use extra virgin unrefined cocionut oil in glass containers. I know not everyone likes it, i’m lucky that i do.It’s great on your skin too! ๐Ÿ™‚ Directly o your skin as a moisturizer that is.

I always have a strong coffee after a meal so perhaps that changes the mouth feel? Don’t know.

• posted by Monkeyescapade
    on

HI all, in awe of all your weight losses, you winning losers you, congrats. My own loss has been small but every little helps – weighed in at 62.8kg today. So in ‘old money’ have lost almost 2 pounds in last week, still a way to go until my target weight of 60kg/9st 8lb. Now on my 6th week of low carb diet, around 1,000 calories a day and 60 – 70 carbs on average. Once I return home I may go hard core and do the 800 calories a day. I am on the treadmill every day to do my 10,000 steps although have had to done down the brisk pace as pulled a muscle in my thigh, grrr. Swimming for about twenty minutes every day albeit leisurely pace. In terms of measurements I am now down to 32 inches (like others get confused as to correct way to measure but am doing it consistently just about inch above the belly button now) which I am very pleased about, other measurements not alot of difference but do think my thighs are less wobbly, woop woop! BMI is also down a fraction to 23.7 and within healthy range so am thankful for that too.
    On the food front, am missing variety and fruit, have been sticking to apple and a little bit of papaya. It will be more manageable hopefully once home and am looking forward to trying new recipes. I’ve come across a website called ‘ditchthecarbs’ and follow this on Twitter too, excellent recipes on there to try out. Continue to be amazed at how I am not hungry between meals, it’s amazing how filling an omelette with mushroom and little bit of cheese is, staves off hunger for about 5 hours. My only craving is for greek yoghurt which I have been unable to get here, the yoghurts are loaded with sugar so am avoiding.
    Once again, congrats to all, big or small losers, we are all winning losers! Lisa

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi lisa, those are amazing results! 32″ waist? Go girl go!!!!!

You haven’t had as much weight to lose as people like me so it will seem slower! But wow, you are doing so well! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Whalleyrange
    on

Hi all, just wanted to say that the forums and posts with a wealth of information and advice have been so very helpful and motivating. I have come to the end of week three and have lost in total 8.5 kg (1 stone 4 lb). This last week saw a 2.5 kg lose. I started at 120 kg and my first goal was to lose 10% of body weight which, if I continue on current course, I will have achieved in a few weeks time. I’m going to then aim to get down to 100 kg, the last time that happened was probably over 20 years ago. Have lost 2 1/2 in from belly so far and would have hoped that this would have been more but I have a lot to reduce in that area.
    I am insulin resistant but have not been taking any BS level tests to see what impact the diet is making. Can anyone recommend a good reliable BS tester.
    On a separate point I am prescribed statins but after reading a lot of the evidence re dietary cholesterol I am thinking of stopping and then go back to GP for a full blood work in a few months time. Has anyone else changed their statin use.
    Anyway, thanks again for all the posts and information and ever onward and downwards.

• posted by Lesley91
    on

I agree Whalleyrange, these forums have kept me going at my lowest points.
    And now I am almost a size 14 when I was almost a size 22 10 weeks ago!!
    xxx

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi whalleyrange, when my cholesterol was over 6 I refused to take statins as I saw the effects they had on people. My readings went down to 4 point something when I was eating more cheese. Go figure!!!!
    Bills cholesterol went down on this diet.

Perhaps one of our resident nurses could advise you ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lesley 91 absolutely stunning results!

Penny i use coconut oil for frying when making indian or thai currys or soups, it imparts a lovely flavour! ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Whalleyrange
    on

Wow Lesley, that is amazing. You must be so proud of yourself and definitely shows what can be done with the right information and motivation.
    I’ve also been wary of statins hashimoto and was reluctant to take them but you know how hard it is to disagree with your GP. But a few months off them is worth trying.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

I did try statins a few years ago but realised very quickly they didn’t suit me. So I now refuse to take them.

Every time I move and have a new GP they raise the topic, but I still refuse. They like this 3-pronged approach of Metformin, statins and blood pressure meds.

Of the three, the only one I would be prepared to take is for blood pressure. At the moment I’m off those too, waiting to see what happens at next appointment.

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Lynne, our doctors surgery has a blood pressure monitor in the waiting area for anyone to use, does yours have the same? You could check it regularly before the ‘white coat syndrome’ of having it done by the doctor. I bought my mother, after a heart attack, a blood pressure monitor to use at home. They are reasonably priced these days.
    If you still have some of that amazon voucher left you could treat yourself!
    Statins made my mother so ill!! Same for a lot of other people I know.
    ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by NewLife
    on

>> I bought my mother, after a heart attack

I just read that as ‘I bought my mother a heart attack’.

Need coffee…

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Whalleyrange,
    I wouldn’t advise that you stop your statins just yet without knowing what your cholesterol level is. It’s something you should discuss with your Doctor first.
    It’s not like stopping diabetes meds where you can test at home to see the effect it’s having.
    Do you know what your cholesterol level was pre- diet? If you are keeping your carbs low, 50g per day or less, you will get to lower your cholesterol. I think it is worth continuing on them for a few more weeks to give yourself a bit longer to get the most benefit from the diet. You are more likely to get the go ahead from your GP with a bit more weight loss and a lower cholesterol reading.
    You have made a great start though, with a fantastic weight loss after only three weeks. Your GP can’t fail to be impressed by your commitment and results ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by SunnyB
    on

This is just by way of a final check-in, prior to our road trip out the Turkey, which begins at 5.30am tomorrow morning. Sadly, I didn’t hit the one stone lost before the trip and actually – due partly to constipation I suspect – I gained just under a pound this week, so my last recorded weight was 11.5lb lost since starting just under seven weeks ago. Little disappointed, but it is what it is.

Anxious not to lose control of things while we are away and plan to keep track of carbs and have ketostix to take with me, to keep an eye on ketosis. Hopefully I won’t come home in two month’s time weighing what I did at the start of this mission! I will drop into the forum when I can and will definitely be back properly after our trip away.

Good luck to everyone in the meantime.

Please log in or register to post a reply.