Weekend without treats !

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Britta
    on

Its friday… i have followed the diet plan in the book to the letter since monday. I’m doing well. But its friday. Weekends are always my downfall, but this one needs to be different. So i’m posting on here to make it official- the first weekend challenge: No sugar, no treats, stick to the plan. (help?!)

May the force be with us all ๐Ÿ˜‰

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

The weekend is only 2 days, you can do it. That is also a message to myself as I always seem to trip up on a Saturday night with a few drinks. Got a dinner at friends this weekend and hoping to stay on track despite that.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Britta – I agree, that first w/e without treats is rather daunting. It does get easier though and seeing the results of sticking to the regime, really gives a boost to morale. My tip is don’t panic if you find you go a little over on the daily allowance. We are in this for the long haul, so a few extra cals and a few extra grams of carbs occasionally, will be balanced out by those days you come up under allowance – which let me assure you, will happen as the weeks progress. Make sure to keep the hydration up and include enough fat and protein to keep you feeling full and you will not miss the carbs.

Final tip, before consuming anything, ask yourself if you are really hungry, if you really need it and what it will do to your results. If you are like me and tend to eat when bore, try to keep busy and make yourself use the above checks, before anything passes your lips.

Good luck with it and be sure to let us know how you get on.

• posted by Happygirl
    on

Hi there, I feel your pain!
    I have been on the diet since Oct 1st and the weekends are the worst. I miss a glass of something or a plate of paella or just a sandwich on the run or going out and eating a burger and chips.
    So this is what I do
    I treat myself.
    I either buy a good piece of steak – small, of course, or a really excellent piece of fish and cook it with my favourite veg – mushrooms, onions, red peppers and salad and I follow it up with a yummy yoghurt and fruit
    I also spend time grooming – it sounds very vain but I am not at all like that, in fact, I’m the opposite.
    But I run myself a bath, paint my nails, treat my hair and think – let’s do this a day at a time.
    Sometimes I would go off to a spa – it’s quite cheap over here for a 2 hour session.
    I go shopping – I go into shops, look at clothes that are going to fit in the future and walk around and think of other things. I never buy anything.
    It might sound expensive – but think of all the money you are saving in not overeating.

Hope this helps – hang on in there – I lost 12 kilos so far on this diet even though I broke it 5 times – I really smashed it – chocolate, red wine, white wine, champagne, sweets, cake, more chocolate, bread, rice, pasta – you name it!!! I think, if you are going to break a diet – do it in style!!!

Cheers and good luck

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Has just occurred to me, that another tip would be to plan a small reward for yourself if you stick to the BSD through the w/e. May be to buy yourself a small gift on Monday if you succeed – something nice to congratulate yourself on your achievement – a new nail varnish, body lotion, plant, you get the idea.

Whatever you do, don’t plan to fail, or slip up and then think, ‘what the heck, might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb’ You know the thinking, ‘I’ve had one square of chocolate, so I might as well eat the bar’? If you slip up, refocus and move on.

Hope it goes well – let us know how you get on.

• posted by Britta
    on

Thanks everyone, some good tips in there. I’ll read them repeatedly throughout the weekend ๐Ÿ˜€ –
    I can do this!!

• posted by Britta
    on

I’m doing it! So glad i posted this, have followed bits of advice from various posts, we’re half way through sunday and I’m still loosing weight – Hurrah!! One tiny little slip-up friday night where I accidentally ate a few of the kids sweets… but I ate them so quickly that did didn’t show up on the scales the next day :-D. Went to gym with a friend on saturday, might make that a regular. If I manage to get rid of 300 gr today I’ll have lost 2,5 kgs in my first week (!). Thanks for the comments.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Can’t wait to read your results tomorrow Britta! Really pleased you are managing to keep control of things over the w/e. You will soon be able to face a w/e without trepidation. Let us know what the result is tomorrow please.

• posted by Daisy Daisy
    on

Hello everyone,

hope you’re all doing well. I hadn’t seen this challenge till now and I wish I had because I had a little slip yesterday…or so I thought! At the end of the day I entered my meals into Fat Secret and, yay, I was still under 800 cals!!! So I guess I slipped because I was actually hungry.

I think this challenge is really a great idea for the weekend. And Happy Girl I love your methods!

• posted by Britta
    on

Just to report: very happy with this weekend. I didn’t quite manage to get to the 2,5 kgs in the first week, but 2,2 kgs is still very good I think, so all in all quite happy. Next weekend’s challenge I think is somehow fitting in a not too calorific treat at some point instead of eating the kids’ sweets…

Onwards and upwards!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Great to hear you sounding so positive Britta and well done on surviving the weekend. 2.2kg is a good result and I’m sure it’s spurring you on for the coming week. Best of luck for another great week.

• posted by Lyns77
    on

Well done! This is my time of danger.. I can consume thousands on a weekend, and b3fore I decided 100% this morning to do this, I had planned an allowance of 2500 for Saturday and 2000 for Sunday. My new plan is to stick to under 1000 on both days. I am writing this here because it now means that I have to stick to it! Saturday is my food delivery day, so it is always the day that I have croissants for breakfast. This week I will have a healthy ‘grill up’ before it arrives and then leave the house ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Please log in or register to post a reply.