Wedding weight loss!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Lauryloo
    on

Hi all,

I’m looking for some honest answers here… I’m currently about 12 stone 7 at 5 ft 10. I’m not really fat but wanted to look really slim on my wedding day on 1st June… now I’ve done this diet for a few weeks at a time and stopped losing weight and got discouraged. I fully accept that I would have been more successful if I’d drank plenty of water and exercised at the same time. For the next 6 weeks I plan to do that!
    I know it’s totally impossible to predict how much I’ll lose, but given my BMI (of about 24 I think? ) has anyone done similar. I’m desperate to know how much weight I could lose in these 6 weeks. My ultimate goal was 10 stone 7. I know 2 stone is impossible I just wondered if I might get anywhere close and I’m so impatient and scared about feeling fat on the day! Please help! Gonna do the fast800 for 6 weeks, go to the gym 6 days a week and drink at least 2L of water. Any tips or insight much appreciated xxx

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Lauryloo
    For me – keeping carbs really low as well as dropping calories really helped my weight loss. Cutting the carbs for me is definitely vital for fast weight loss. I am one of those people who do best with carbs around 20g a day. I was a slow loser in the beginning because I didn’t realise just how important dropping carbs was to my weight loss. I was almost at maintenance when I found this out and had to stop the fast800 after two weeks because my weight was dropping too low and I started looking too thin – not a good look when you are nearly 70.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello Lauryloo
    I just want to encourage you. Its entirely possible. I lost about 2st in 8 weeks on my first Fast800. Keep going and just loose what you can! It was really hard but you will have a motivation.

• posted by AnnieW
    on

As has been said, it is do-able . However, if you are not a usual exerciser 6 days a week might give you a temporary weight increase so don’t be disheartened, it will even out. Basically exercise causes micro tears in muscle which fill with fluid to mend, hence some weight gain. Also itmight help to concentrate on a different part of your body for each visit rather than doing the same all over set every time. This would give part of your body time to recover while you exercise another part and would help prevent boredom. Apologies if you are already aware of this.
    Very best wishes for your wedding and for a happy life beyond.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Hi, Lauryloo. A wedding “in the family” is a blessed event, so much happiness to you! I can well understand
    how time could easily get ahead of you, with the flurry of activity necessary as the day grows near 🙂 You
    have mention that you aren’t “fat”, but would just like to be slimmer on your wedding day. Our bodies all
    react differently, but I was amazed by the fact that I did 9 months of the Fast800 without any exercise
    because I was too disabled to do so, and in month 10 I walked briskly for 5 miles a day (@10,000 steps).
    There was absolutely no difference in my wt. loss of a steady stone per month! This is only my anecdotal
    experience, but counting carbs and keeping them <20g per day proved to be much more important to
    maximum results than exercise. Even though I was morbidly obese when I began, my rate of loss was
    rather average, unlike others in that same situation 🙂 If you enjoy the gym, by all means use it, but this
    should be an enjoyable time for you, so don’t push yourself too hard. Three liters of water a day, and
    very low carbs should make it possible to rid yourself of 20 lbs. before the big day. I think that is a
    reasonable projection for 6 weeks if you don’t have any other underlying health issues. Congratulations,
    and very best of luck to you!

Krysia, I thought I was the “eldest” on the forum, so nice to know that you’re here with me 🙂 I do
    feel like I’m 45 however, and I suspect you feel the same. The only concession I make to age is to
    no longer color my hair 🙂 🙂 🙂

Allie

Please log in or register to post a reply.