Very interesting read

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by keje
    on

Hi all,
    Found this a very interesting read about the history of fat/sugar in the scientific community and how the low fat advice was implemented. It makes you feel quite angry, the poor advice we’ve been given over years. But onwards and weight downwards, very glad I discovered bsd when I did, saving years of low fat repeated weight loss attempts!

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/apr/07/the-sugar-conspiracy-robert-lustig-john-yudkin

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi

There was a book published years ago – ‘Pure white and deadly’ all about sugar.

What’s making me angry at the moment is how supermarkets are selling meat and poultry products that include sugar. Sliced cooked meat, with added sugar. Roast chicken (whole or portions) cooked in a sugar marinade! How any of us, in a hurry, would just grab a cooked chicken portion without checking the label? Even the rotisserie chickens you can buy in supermarkets are cooked in a sugar marinade😱

I contacted one supplier who said sugar was added to improve flavour😳 But food was not cooked in sugar. I sent her photos of labels stating that it was. She said her info was from the nutritionists and she couldn’t comment further😱

When I get a moment I’ll pick this up again.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Thanks for posting that keje, it is a really interesting article. I’ve passed it on to a few others in my family who are diabetic but not convinced by the BSD.

Please log in or register to post a reply.