Veggie starting out

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by pinklady51
    on

Hello all. Day one today. I’ve been hovering around for a couple of weeks, checking out the veggie pages, shout out to Orchid. My blood sugars are fine despite worrying how horrendous I thought they’d be. I have been looking at low carb high fat vegetarian diet plans as well as this and it all seems to work. I am a cake and chocoholic.

I am very overweight, BMI a shocking 37, weight 15st exactly. I would like to lose at least 3 stone and have a wonderful double event in July – my dads 70th and husbands 40th.

Today has been interesting. Breakfast and lunch fine and easy to deal with. The afternoon dragged with cravings helped by tea, with a little milk, tonight supper is yummy looking but I have serious sweet cravings. Any advice anyone? Thanks all xxx

• posted by Clairebear
    on

Just saw your post albeit 2 weeks after the event…. Sounds weird but a tiny sliver of avocado is my friend at carb-craving o’clock. And I am someone who could eat raisins by the handful and nutella straight out of the jar with a spoon.

• posted by OzVeggy
    on

Hi, another veggie here. I find that a sachet of miso soup (28kcal) in boiling water will get me through those gnawing patches of hunger. The miso is very fulfilling.

Keep it up!

Please log in or register to post a reply.