Vegetable Rices

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Kraddock
    on

I have stuck to the BSD for three weeks now. I am unable to walk / stand so must lose weight purely by restricting my food intake. I have no high carbohydrates in my house at all. I have bought a George Foreman Grill and use it for most of my cooking, especially of asparagus and mushrooms.
    I believe I am not eating enough fats as my skin has erupted in dry patches especially on my back but my major concern is ‘cauliflower rice’ – I am beginning to loathe it!
    I have just seen a recipe on line that mentioned ‘broccoli rice’ which is no doubt just the florets blitzed in the food processor and then eaten raw.
    I wonder do any of you have any further suggestions for similar ‘rices’ and herbs / spices to liven them up.
    I do love the aubergine & minced lamb dish, the vegetable curry and portobello mushrooms which have recently entered my diet.

• posted by Nysilver
    on

I notice that you mention eating the broccoli rice raw – are you doing the same with the cauliflower rice? I like to season it with garlic salt and pepper, throw it in the microwave for about 3 minutes and then add it to stir frys. I also add some coconut aminos in place of soy sauce and find it quite addictive. I also add it to “crack slaw” a dish I discovered when I started following a low carb high fat way of eating. If you don’t have a microwave, you can always season it and then steam it. Hope that this helps.

• posted by Kraddock
    on

Thanks Nysilver. I do usually microwave the Cauli rice as I found baking it in a conventional oven labour-intensive and messy. I will try your suggestions.

Please log in or register to post a reply.