Two meal plan works for me

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Purple rose
    on

Hello everyone, I have started today The Fast 800 and decided to have two meals daily, a total of 800 calories. This is a lot of work and commitment, I will definitely do my best to have a great experience. Good luck to all of you out there!
    Please come and join me for the two meal plan!

• posted by Purple rose
    on

It is day one for me, I have made it to the end and I am very grateful for this day.
    I feel great, I am thankful for the strength and for the purpose.
    Attitude is everything!

• posted by TaytoP
    on

Hi Purple Rose,
    I am also eating two meals a day, I try to only eat between 12 and 7. I am just over a week in and I have lost 2.5kg and even better my Blood sugar levels have come down a lot. I still get hungry quite a lot and am not sure if that will fade or not. But I find the two meals means I can have two meals which at least feel satisfying. Good luck with your journey!

• posted by Purple rose
    on

Hi TaytoP,
    Thank you for talking to me and share your experience.
    I want to stay this way at 1200 noon and at 1800as long I can.
    I will definitely make an effort.
    I just had my lunch, so far so good, I know that it will get harder by the day, yet I got into this situation and there’s no going back.
    Whatever it takes !
    Have a lovely day !

• posted by alliecat
    on

Welcome, welcome, Purple rose! Congratulations for making the decision to transform your life. This lifestyle works,
    and you’re now part of a community that will support you every step of the way. 🙂 We experienced BSDers will all
    tell you that it will become easier, not harder, as you travel with us! I know that you must take a lot “on faith” as it’s
    early days for you, but trust the process, and you will amaze yourself with what you can accomplish. We are a kind
    and supportive community, and there is no judgement here! I highly recommend the “One Week at a Time” thread,
    as well as “Kazee’s Road Trip to Easter”. Please join us, for it’s the quickest way to get up to speed with the rest
    of “the family”. I look forward to seeing you there, and sharing your successes along the way! Very best wishes,

Allie

• posted by Purple rose
    on

Hello everyone,
    It is the second day for me and half an hour from now, I will have the dinner.
    I am not too hungry really, I did walked almost 7 miles, I feel great.
    When tomorrow comes, it will find me prepared, and ready for another great day.
    If I don’t plan in advance, I plan to fail !
    That can’t happen !

• posted by alliecat
    on

YES, purple rose, planning is everthing!!!

• posted by Purple rose
    on

Hello alliecat,
    Thank you for your kind words, I appreciate very much, I will definitely take a look around at other treads – posts, just to see what everyone else is doing, always something to learn.
    In the mean time, with a little time on my hand, I am focusing at work (very demanding) and at home (lots of things to do).
    Best of luck to you and everyone here, stay the course to achieve your dream.

• posted by Purple rose
    on

Hello everyone,
    This is my own way to be and stay accountable,
    just a semi blog for me, I come here in this little space of my spare time, and rite down random things.
    This is what keeps me grounded and motivated.
    Everyone is welcome to read, to communicate!
    This is a beautiful thing!
    I just finished my lunch after 18 hours of fasting.
    Life is great!
    Wishing you all happiness!

• posted by Purple rose
    on

I am taking the time to be grateful and to enjoy this beautiful lunch.
    It is day 4 for me, everything is going well, I feel great, no regrets, no going back.
    Still going strong!
    Good luck to everyone out there!

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hi Purple Rose …. good to see things are going well for you. Please consider joining other threads too, as your contributions will be warmly welcomed and it’s a great way of feeling part of the community here. It also offers a chance to tap into the mine of knowledge, help and support available here when needed and be able to share high spots with celebrations when things are going well.

Best wishes to you for every success and hope to see you out and about on other threads soon.

• posted by Purple rose
    on

Hello SunnyB,
    Thank you for your kindness, it is such a great experience to meet you and to know that you are having a great time too.
    Any experience and support is very welcome, if anyone ever needs anything please don’t hesitate to stop by.
    O course, I will come by and visit, I feel part of this amazing community already since I have posted my first thoughts.
    Greetings and good wishes to all of you!

• posted by Purple rose
    on

Never give up on what you really want to do.
    The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts!
    I am grateful for this lovely day what is about to end , tomorrow will be exquisite.
    I am dreaming of a beautiful salad!

• posted by Purple rose
    on

Gem of the day:
    Shoot for the moon!
    If you miss you will still be among the stars.
    Sounds lovely!

• posted by Purple rose
    on

Kale Brownies by DR. Berg
    Ingredients:
    2 scoops of Instant Kale Shake 1 cup chopped walnuts
    1/2 stick butter (melted)
    1⁄2 cup coconut butter
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    Instructions:
    1. Melt the butter AND coconut butter.
    2. Mix all ingredients together.
    3. Grease a glass or metal 4” x 4” square pan with
    butter or coconut butter.
    4.Pour mixture evenly in the small baking pan. 5.Put in refrigerator for 10 minutes – enjoy!
    Easy, satisfying, great for sharing!

• posted by Purple rose
    on

Interesting facts!
    Talking about sleeping…..
    Myth: Dreams last only a few seconds.
    Reality: The average dream lasts 10 to 30 minutes. The final dream of the night is generally the longest and can last up to an hour!

• posted by Purple rose
    on

Interesting facts II
    Myth: You’ll live longer if you sleep with your head to the north.
    Reality: Experts now believe that you should sleep facing whichever way you are most comfortable.
    Good night for now !

• posted by Purple rose
    on

Gem of the day:
    Anything you do, do it well.
    The last thing you want is to be sorry for things you didn’t do.

• posted by Purple rose
    on

Great day today! I have lost a total of 7 lbs, it appears that I am loosing one lb /day.
    I have a great app where I am login in all my food, 800 calories/daily.
    I can do this!
    Works great for me!
    I hope that everyone is doing great 😊

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Purple Rose – what a brilliant result!

• posted by Purple rose
    on

Hi Jennie10,
    Thank you, you’re kind!
    I love ❤️ salads and I pair with chicken 🐓 or fish 🐠. I love ❤️ walking 🚶🏻‍♀️ too.
    Today I’ve walk one hour only, it’s rainy ☔️ here.
    I have a kitchen scale and I weigh everything I eat every time. I have a great free app so far everything works great.
    CARB MANAGER and MEDITERRANEAN DIET!
    Can’t beat that!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Good morning, purple rose! I haven’t been following this particular thread, but your thoughts for the day are
    beautiful and uplifting. Keep posting them for us spiritual types..they resonate. Losing a lb. a day is very impressive,
    and you must be doing everything right. Wishing you continuing success on your journey. 🙂

Allie

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hey Rose! Would you believe I have my bed North South . . . and have been known when away from home to actually move other beds to suit. Maybe some are more sensitive than others because I can feel Im not right. But I was told its to do with the magnetic pull of the poles. I do know, when I suggested this to my son and daughter-in-law when they were almost out of their minds with grand-daughter no.2 not sleeping well they were ready to try anything. Guess what? It worked and still to this day 8 years on . . . they arrange her room to accommodate the n-s theory. I often wonder when she was much smaller and in her cot which way she slept . . .? Whether or not she automatically put herself that way . . .? Also could explain part of why we are taller in the mornings!!! 🙂 heheheh 🙂 No wonder Im told Im weird. I just know Im not going to comply with traditions if it doesnt work for me 🙂 HAGD All and maybe a good laugh too! I dont mind!

• posted by Purple rose
    on

Gem of the day 💎
    Every wound leaves a scar, and every scar tells a story.
    A story that says, I survived!
    So, we are all here because we have common scars, somethings didn’t go quite the way we wanted in our lives. Either we lost a loved one, didn’t get that promotion, got divorced, lost custody, friends don’t call anymore, etc….
    We are all here, under same roof, for the same goal: to be pretty, to be acknowledged, to be respected, to be loved, to matter to someone.
    This is your motivation right here!
    Work hard to heal the scars, put a lovely dress 👗 on and, feel special, feel attractive, feel ALIVE!

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh yes, purplerose! Find the joy, love and approval within yourself. Don’t leave it to others to validate us! The power
    is within us, and life can be beautiful and momentous, with each new day bringing hope and a new miracle to our doorstep.
    Enjoy it all!

• posted by Purple rose
    on

Hello alliecat,
    Your lovely attitude made me smile 😊 and I truly Thank You!
    I wish that your dreams will become reality and the Lady Luck will follow you around always.
    (Purple)🌹

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hi PurpleRose,
    Sounds like you’re all sorted! 🙂
    Welcome to these forums. 🙂
    I can vouch that people here are friendly and patient too. They’ve needed to be with my barage of questions and hic-cups at my start last year.
    True too as you say we’re all here from life hassle’s and lessons that have sent us off on wrong eating paths, but now we have each other to help us through those days and know that there is a way of eating than can work. 🙂
    To me that feeling of being in control of my weight has been wonderful. I’ve still got 9lbs to lose and my weight loss is slow but I’m happy as it’s a pace that I can live with. 🙂

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Hi Purple Rose
    I do enjoy reading your posts -and I’m delighted with your reply to me. Love the little pictures. Thank you.
    Jennie

• posted by Purple rose
    on

Hello alliecat,
    You’ve got to make the small things unforgettable….😊

• posted by Purple rose
    on

AuroraMagic!
    When life hands you lemons, just add lobster and melted butter 🙂
    Congratulations 🎈 on your almost there achievement, perseverance is the 🔑 for success.
    The last few pounds will melt like magic, your hard work of believing in yourself will pay off.
    Thank you for your kind words, you have a beautiful soul.

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hi PurpleRose,
    Thank you that’s very kind. 🙂
    I lose about a pound a wk but it varys a bit.
    Yes perserverance is totally key! 🙂
    Even when the shape improves but the weight ‘holds’! But it’s a WoE for life!
    In a meeting today they had some great viccys so I sat the furtherest away from them.. just in case I got tempted!! But i didn’t. My resolve is continues to hold strong! 🙂
    The better one’s shape gets, for me the more determined I am to make it look a little better. 😀
    Very good luck with your journey too!
    You sound like a wonderful person, likecso many here!! 😀

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hello Aurora! Princess I believe! What a wonderful POSITIVELY worded post. Continued success with your body’s response to your nurturing. It is obviously responding in a positive way and revealing its true self to you . . . unveiling slowly but surely like a sheet being removed from a sculpture or – a blossoming flower 🙂 Its quite exciting to be seeing who we really are . . .Well done!!!

• posted by AuroraMagic
    on

Hiya WoodDuckie,
    (I meant biccys not viccys!! Or biscuits!)
    Aww thank you!! That’s so kind! 🙂
    I am delighted for sure! 🙂
    Your post is poetry! 🙂
    How are you getting on? 🙂

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hello Princess!!! Thank you sincerely for your compliments . . . and asking of my place in time 🙂 Im hanging in there. 7 months anniversary just gone Bloods done last week in preparation for my next endo check looming – and – I believe Im (inwardly) stressing, and the anxiety is holding onto what Im eating to protect me 🙂 Im sticking to what I believe is around the 800 mark . . . . . possibly a few more one day or another while definitely below 800 most. Carbs are always around 20 – (seven months have taught me that!!! and its like second nature now!) Interestingly, even though the scales are unchanged, more and more clothes are being discarded and donated to family, friends and charity stores. Lessening of the broadness of my shoulders looks to be the main reason . . . nothing stays put any more and in some cases, the length of the sleeve!!! – (which I know I could shorten if the rest fitted but it doesnt so . . . “GONE”) 🙂 Slacks and skirts which are till OK around the middle are becoming too long . . . so sideways blooming has obviously lessened considerably. Ive always liked to look nice . . .(dont we all) – and due to financial constraints have usually bought discerningly from charity stores. So its kinda nice to be giving back in an odd sort of a way 🙂 Wonderful to have SO MUCH room appearing in my wardrobe so I can actually SEE whats there to choose from 🙂 EQUALLY, Im glad I kept certain timeless classic things I just simply couldnt bear to part with, and which (again) now fit beautifully. This gives me the idea Im probably where I was 30 years ago – in my mid forties) – 🙂 So while all else seems to have stalled or is marking time . . . THAT is a huge positive 🙂 All the best! PLEASE HAVE POM POMS READY FOR 10 am PRACTICE TOMORROW!!!! Hugs from Cheerleader Duckie!!

• posted by Purple rose
    on

Hi AuroraMagic,

Gem of the day:
    Ideas are like children, there are none so wonderful like your own.

What I want to say is:
    Don’t let the envy or negativity get to you, ( only the 🍎envy ).
    Remember, the cure for anger is movement.
    Stay strong:)

• posted by Purple rose
    on

Hi Jennie10,

Your name meaning is
    “God has been gracious” and the number 10 means the highest score ever achieved.
    And because will encounter this number throughout your life, your standards will be higher.

• posted by Purple rose
    on

Hi WoodDuckie,

When I wrote this, I thought that no one will give two pennies about, but is also true that people are intrigued by facts too.
    For example…
    How does the Moon affect our bodies?
    In mid-February, the Moon returns to the evening sky. This brings up an ancient puzzle: How does the Moon affect us? This issue often confuses people.
    We all know the Moon DOES control the tides which, in turn, controls much else.
    Certainly, the Moon can certainly can affect our emotions—from a sense of awe and wonder to perhaps a self-contemplative and spiritual feeling. But I’m speaking of the Moon’s effect on our bodies, not whether the Moon drives us crazy which is a whole other story!
    Another time, perhaps:)
    Physically, the bright light from a full Moon has been shown to affect sleep—which could make us feel out of sorts.
    I can honestly certify that you are not crazy 😜

• posted by Purple rose
    on

Hi alliecat,

Despite the fact that I have been so busy lately, I just want you to know that I appreciate your thoughtful post, and I am grateful that you are here, representing a part of my life.

Make mistakes- it’s the only way to learn!

• posted by Purple rose
    on

Welcoming THE VIOLET, February flower!
    Violets signify watchfulness, loyalty, and faithfulness.

Give a violet to someone to let them know you’ll always be there for them.

• posted by Purple rose
    on

One fun idea is to have a garden gathering and have each person bring a flower that has meaning to them and tell the story.
    Possibly that the flowers remind them of someone or something significant in their lives.
    Or, bring a poem!
    There is a language, little known,
    Lovers claim it as their own.
    Its symbols smile upon the land,
    Wrought by nature’s wondrous hand;
    And in their silent beauty speak,
    Of life and joy, to those who seek
    For Love Divine and sunny hours
    In the language of the flowers.
    Be loved everyone ❤️

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Purple Rose
    More lovely and interesting posts to read. Thank you.
    I love your post about my name but also all the others.
    I’m determined to seek out and give violets to family and friends this month.
    I also love ‘When life hands you lemons, just add lobster and melted butter’ – great thought and scrumptious xx

• posted by Purple rose
    on

This is what I am working on for tomorrow.
    You too can get ready for Super Bowl 🏈 game with this Mediterranean dish.
    If you are on a restricted diet, still will be generous of you to think of other people in your life, friends and family, if you’re watching the game together.
    What you need:
    1 butternut squash
    3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
    1 teaspoon fine sea salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
    6 ounces bottled roasted red peppers
    2 cloves garlic
    1 teaspoon smoked paprika
    1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
    4 ounces mascarpone cheese
    1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    1/4 teaspoon coarse sea salt
    What to do:
    Preheat oven to 400°F. Peel squash, cut in half and scoop out seeds. Cut squash into 1-½ inch chunks and place onto a large sheet pan.
    Drizzle 2 tablespoons olive oil on squash. Sprinkle with fine sea salt and pepper. Toss to coat squash. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes, or until tender and beginning to brown.
    Chop garlic in food processor. Add squash, roasted red pepper, paprika, nutmeg, mascarpone, and lemon juice. Process to purée.
    Transfer mixture to a bowl. Drizzle with remaining olive oil. Sprinkle with coarse sea salt. Serve dip with an assortment of crackers, toasted baguette, corn chips, and fresh vegetables.
    Make 3 cups of lovely 😊 compliments!

• posted by Purple rose
    on

Hi Jennie10,

History said that…
    Napoleon Bonaparte declared Violets his own signature flower, and used the blooms to cover his wife Josephine’s grave when she died in 1814. In fact, he was called Corporal Violet by friends, after promising them he would return from his exile on Elba, before violet season.
    Who knew?
    Violets is the state flower of Wisconsin, Rhode Island, Illinois, and New Jersey.

• posted by Jennie10
    on

Purple Rose – Well, I didn’t know that about Bonaparte.
    By the way, talking of violets reminds me of part of the Lavender’s Blue nursery rhyme we used to chant as children.

Roses are red, dilly dilly
    Violets are blue
    Because you love me, dilly dilly
    I will love you

I remember writing a version of it in a Valentine’s card to a little boy at school when I was seven or eight. It didn’t work.

• posted by Purple rose
    on

Humor 😁
    Knowing your father, joke.
    “Tell me, Johnnie,” said his teacher, “if your father borrowed $100 and promises to pay $10 a week, how much will he owe in 7 weeks?”
    “One hundred dollars,” said Johnnie.
    “I’m afraid you don’t know your lesson very well,” remarked the teacher.
    “I may not know my lesson,” said Johnnie, “but I know my father.”

• posted by Purple rose
    on

Hi Jennie10,
    Sorry that didn’t work, but what happened to that little boy? Are there any regrets?
    You didn’t have to answer 😊
    It is just great that you are reminiscing!
    You are fun to talk with!
    Love ❤️ and hugs 🤗

• posted by alliecat
    on

What a beautiful spirit you have, PurpleRose! Have I lost my moorings? Are you American? Tomorrow IS
    superbowl Sunday!! I used to enjoy it so much more when it began at 2:00pm…We also tended to “graze” for
    the day, but those indulgences have been relegated to the past tense now 🙂 No more cheese boards, crusty
    bread or red wine. Now it’s an omelet and steamed spinach! If I’m feeling self indulgent, half of a medium size
    grilled tomato may appear on the plate. O/H is very disappointed that the Pittsburgh Steelers won’t be playing!
    ENJOY THE YEARLY EVENT!

• posted by Purple rose
    on

Hi alliecat,
    Andrew Duhon released The Moorings in 2013, sweet music! Check it out 😁
    American 🗽 and proud of it 🇺🇸
    I love ❤️ God and Country 🇺🇸
    Been patriotic all my life 🏈🏈
    You are a great inspiration, very determined, I do admire you!
    To your health 🍷

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Hello again Rose! Just read a long ago post of yours which really resonated with me 🙂 Thank you for sharing random thoughts . . . When such things com my way by whatever conduit . . . I classify them all as keys and hints of helpfulness and guidance 🙂 Sometimes I dismiss them . . . MOSTLY TO MY DETRIMENT!!! Just like this week . . . when I saw a brand new microwave in the local supermarket . . . a week only special . . . for $40. The random thought said . . .”$40? Get one for when the current one decides to retire”. I quickly dismissed with “nah . . more to store . . . save the (already stretched) dollars right now . . . seems you might just e buying for buyings sake.” Well yesterday afternoon . . . current m/w DIED. Not just retired . . . DIED!!! And I oh so wish Ida listened to the random thought. Am checking tomorrow if the store has any left . . . otherwise it will be possibly three times that amount for a replacement. Have violets growing all over my gardenbeds . . . had a great aunt Violet . . . and as a small child learned how to make violet posies . . . to go in the crystal/cutglass violet vases which IN THE OLDEN DAYS 🙂 used to be standard as part of dressing table sets 🙂 (Select three heartshaped leaves collect the required number of violet blooms – place leaves like a cloverleaf . . . gather the violet stems together – put in the gap in middle of the three leaves – which then form a backboard to balance on the rim of the vase . . . and to hide the secret . . .? tie all stems of flowers and leaves gently but firmly together underneath 🙂 Trim stems to fit the depth of the base. Happy days everyone! And thank you Purple Rose for your freshness and diversion for the mind 🙂

• posted by WoodDuckie
    on

Woohoo!!!!! Thank you SO MUCH for the re-assuring confirmation 🙂 Love your posts so please keep contact 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.