tropical fruits

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by yorkshirelass
    on

Having read in the book that tropical fruits are best avoided due to high sugar levels, why are passion fruit, melon orange and mango included in the recipes?
    I am now on day 4 , instead of chomping at the bit for lunch at 12.00 today i didn’t eat until 3pm -I was shopping until then but not ravenous. My blood sugars have dropped from 6.4 on sunday to 5.6 today-lowest they have been for ages.
    I am enjoying the recipes especially the portobello toast with goats cheese, and the blueberry and green tea shake was nice. If I feel peckish out come the roobush and ginger and lemon teas.

• posted by Chameleonbeetle
    on

Most tropical fruits are very sugary, but some aren’t. It’s probably best to google their nutritional requirements before you decide to get the fruit. I ate rambutans without a problem, but only because I had a few.

Please log in or register to post a reply.