Travel for work

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Melgirl
    on

Hi, Would like some advice please. I have to travel for work to an Asian country. My BSD is going well and I don’t want to break it. Has anyone got any advice on how I can maintain my BSD while living out of a hotel and dinning out for lunch and dinner?

• posted by SunnyB
    on

You don’t say where in Asia you are going, but look for options that have plenty of veg and protein – stir fries would be great, or veggie curries perhaps. Things to avoid are all the things you are already avoiding – rice, noodles, pasta, root veggies and anything flour based. If necessary, think outside the box – for instance you could have a burger, but not the bun or fries. Providing you stick to the principles of the BSD and try to keep portion sizes sensible, you shouldn’t have any problems.

Have a great trip.

• posted by Melgirl
    on

Thank you SunnyB, my thoughts are Soups without the noodles (is coconut milk ok?), Stir fries without the rice/noodles and Fruit. My portion sizes has reduced so fingers crossed I’ll arrive back home lighter!

• posted by Frog
    on

have a good trip Melgirl
    If your staying in western hotels, maybe try to make sure that you eat a filling breakfast, where you know that eggs, meat and cheese are unlikely to have hidden sauces or coatings.
    It depends where you’re eating out as well – if in western hotels as well, you may find that you don’t get anywhere near authentic local cuisine!

Please log in or register to post a reply.