Total carbs or sugars?????

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by vimtogirl
    on

Hi, just wondering about counting carbs. Should I be looking at the total carbs, or the carbs from sugars. This will be my second attempt at reversing my T2 (did the Newcastle diet 18 months ago with slim fast, and now realise that there were way too many carbs in that, and may have been responsible for the negative result) and so am wanting to be absolutely sure about all the facts before I try again, hopefully starting March 6th.
    Thanks

• posted by Esnecca
    on

Total carbs. If you’re in the US, the nutritional information will note how much of that is fiber and how much sugar. Fiber can be subtracted from the total carbs, and indeed, in the UK is not counted under carbs at all. Sugar cannot be subtracted and is part of the overall carb count. I like to keep my sugar grams as low as possible, even though they all come from veg, cheese, nuts, or, very rarely, fruit.

Please log in or register to post a reply.