Too good to be true? Just starting.

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Yael
    on

A life without rice, pasta, couscous, bread? Unthinkable! OK I can do without bread, except for bagels. But I’m up for the challenge.

Day 3 today. Cannot believe that I am simply not hungry! I adore Greek yoghurt, & having 150g full-fat with 1 tablesp flaked almonds & macadamia is wonderful for breakfast or lunch. Adore eggs. So 2 eggs fried (in half a teasp olive oil in a non-stick pan) with heaps of approved vegetables (stir-fried with half a teasp cocoanut olive, ginger & garlic & a dash of soy sauce) is good. Try not to think about no bagel with mashed banana for breakfast, and no rice as the foundation of dinner.

Still having 1 coffee a day with reduced fat milk (just tastes better to me than full or skim), & tea with reduced fat milk, (1-2 a day, rather than at least 5). I love a teasp of honey in my tea, but have reduced that to half.

No mint or apple tea (they have to be a bit sweet, so I’d rather do without).

I’m vegetarian but will eat fish (with scales). Adore pulses, mushrooms, capsicums, Chinese broccoli, ordinary broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, zuchinis (courgettes), figs, apples, pomegrantes, pears, and eggplant (aubergines). And garlic, onion, ginger + spices and more spices. Not a big cheese eater, except for feta and parmesan. Do not like fizzy drinks or fruit juice but enjoy my pro secco. Hmm, a glass will have to be an occasional treat.

Sad about no mango, grapes, bananas, & other tropical fruits. Crying (almost) about no fresh dates.

I’ve done the 5:2 on which I lost weight slowly. Because I adore cooking & eating food, it was much better than a ‘diet’. But some of the weight has crept back on because I’ve had 4-5 months of semi-controlled ‘normal’ eating, but with a few too many treats. And I did feel deprived on the ‘2’ days, even if I knew I could eat normally on the ‘5’. I’ve lost 3 of the 6 kgs I put back on. But I want to see if I can lose 8 more, and wean myself of ‘naughty’ carbs because I’ve just found out that I’m pre-diabetic. I was not considered overweight for my height when I started 3 days ago: 62kgs (1.6 m tall). I have a small, high waist but a bit of lower belly flab. I have been very tired for a few months. Had a spinal fusion so it’s better if I am leaner. Now, it’s imperative.

But will I lose the weight quickly? I weighed 60.5 kg this morning, but suspect most of it is fluid loss. Keep you posted.

• posted by Janet1973
    on

I’m sure its not too good to be true Yael, I think you have every reason to be pleased with your results so far. Although you might not always find the weight comes off as fast. But again, that’s nothing to worry about. Keep going on your journey and you will achieve your goals. All the best

Please log in or register to post a reply.