Too good to be true – help!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Stephie63
    on

I knew it would happen sooner or later, I think I was beginning to believe this wasn’t so bad after all. I had a huge argument with a friend today, and it’s left me so upset all I can think about is scoffing lots of chocolate. I’ve resisted so far, but it’s just reminded me how much I am influenced by my emotions. I’m doubting myself and my ability to stick to this, I just want to cave and start again tomorrow.

• posted by keeptrying
    on

oh you have my empathy, truly
    I had a meeting cancelled today – by one of my support team
    same reaction as you
    just wanted to stuff and stuff

incredibly I just had a few tiny squares of dark chocolate and cups of tea
    and then had lunch early

i honestly don’t doubt you can do this, at all
    you are aware of what is happening and that is a million miles ahead of many

if i can offer you any strength, then here it is
    if it doesn’t help
    then it doesn’t matter,
    we will all be here today, tomorrow, other days
    and so will you
    xx

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Stephie63,

In terms of the BSD, these are the situations where Mindfulness Meditation can help. If you haven’t already started it – have a go – it’s the sort of process that you learn and grow as you do it over time. It’s proven to reduce stress.
    If ‘you cave’ you’ll feel worse than you do already. Concentrate on you, your wellbeing and the 3 core principles of the BSD (the diet, exercise and mindfulness meditation).

• posted by Collie
    on

Hi Stephie 63
    Your post resonated with me so much. I have yet to find the magic answer re emotional eating – but I am now honest with myself and say ‘food will not make you feel better’ , if you can resist the urge to splurge on food I do promise you will feel a million times better. I have never known such supportive people as here on the forum. I am still a little wary of slipping back but to be honest feel so much better for ditching the carbs . Hang on in there .

• posted by celestee
    on

hi stephie63

i am very much the same way – my emotions good & bad i see as a reason for indulgence.
    everyone so far has given wonderful advice & thoughts. you have done wonderfully well so far.

something that has helped me…is the ‘don’t throw the baby out with the bathwater’ or reminding myself to see the forest instead of the trees. & by that i mean:

you don’t have to cave, this is not the end. can you satiate with something different? cucumber & balsamic vinegar? veggies with some avocado? a good book? some poetry? a walk? music?
    if you cave…cave smaller than you have before. a little chocolate. mindfully enjoy.
    if you cave…& it’s big. you’ve done remarkably well to make it to here. you are not a failure. this is not the end. this a journey and on this journey there are fights with friends and bad days – you can choose how you respond and with each time, you’ll get stronger.

all the best.
    celeste x

• posted by Stephie63
    on

I didn’t give in. In the end I was too upset to eat anything, so I had a hot bath and went to bed. Thanks to everyone for your support tho. Lost another lb so that’s 5lb off in total. And my FBS is 8.0 this morning. At least it’s going in the right direction.

• posted by thepolly
    on

Yay Stephie63, you won that battle x

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Well done Stephie63.

Please log in or register to post a reply.