Tom Watson Westminster Hour

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Tom Watson is on the Westminster Hour this evening challenging the healthy eating guidelines and interviewing Aseem Malhotra.
    Clarification for non Brits – he’s a senior opposition MP and the Westminster Hour is a heavyweight bit of radio journalism.

• posted by KazzUK
    on

MaggieBath – sorry, only just seen this post. I shall try and find a podcast! Thanks for letting us know!
    Kazzeexx

• posted by MaggieBath
    on

Kazzee, it’s all nibbling away at the orthodoxy; it’s only a matter of time. My approach when people remark on my weightloss is just to give them a teaser so they have to ask for more. How do you handle it? I feel we have to do what we can to share this WOE.
    Maggie

• posted by marie123
    on

Thanks Maggie,
    I’ve just listened to it on bbciplayer. It was first aired a couple of days ago apparently (on the 15th).

I’m cheered by things like this. I spoke to my MP a few weeks ago and then sent them an email about how I put my diabetes in remission (just before the All Party Parliamentary Group on Diabetes discussed the low carb diet). I also sent an anonymised copy of my Hba1c results. Think I might send something similar to Tom Watson.

Kazzee, here’s the link. The discussion about his diet starts at approx. 45mins in.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0b9v6dt

Marie

Please log in or register to post a reply.