Thinking of giving this a go…..

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by 1960smp
    on

Background – type 2 diabetic, poorly controlled at present due to my serious addiction to sugar! On metformin & insulin as taking prednisolone, Tried BSD a year back and was doing great until some health problems arose, meaning am ( still on ) prednisolone and other meds, which for me, makes trying to plan and cook accordingly has been a real chore.

OK< excuses over I NEED to lose weight and get my health back in order. True reality hit when the hospital wont do a procedure to help my pain because my BMI is too high – o the embarrassment – nearly died of it.

Anyhow, think I may try this med style way to eat, starting off more gently might encourage me as I see pounds drop…am in no hurry.

Any help, tips, ideas be appreciated, thanks

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Welcome 1960! Good to have you join the forums! There are some very knowledgable people here who can help you with getting control of the Type 2 — many have been able to come off meds permanently or reduce them significantly.
    Do you have the book? I recommend having your own copy to go back to again and again for keeping the principles/enthusiasm in mind.
    Why not just give the 800 a chance? It is much faster than 5:2 and it will quickly bring your blood sugar down (which you mention is poorly controlled). It is not that hard, you will get better and better and better with it as you move forward — it really IS a learning process! Just don’t quit, whichever way you decide, don’t give up. This way of eating works brilliantly and you are going to amaze yourself.
    I am 1 and 1/2 years on this diet — at maintenance since last summer and STILL benefitting from following the principles.
    Lots of support here — just find a thread you like and start posting. Best wishes.
    And just don’t quit!!!!

Please log in or register to post a reply.