Things I've learned on the BSD – Part 3 [Day 21]

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Jackie WilsonSaid
    on

1. Week 3 was a bit tougher, after the initial excitement, but weight loss continues with low carbs [ok -13lbs, as you ask].

2. Another fab new BSD gadget is the Spiralizer, spiralizer, spiralizer, ooh [sung to the tune of Womanizer – Britney Spears].
    Courgetti spaghetti never tasted so good and guilt free; it’s a simple method of food prep, with easy cleaning afterwards.

3. Toast never tasted so bland. As a treat, and out of curiosity, on Sunday I had a half slice with honey as a starter at breakfast. Missed the crunch of healthy stuff and realised that my appreciation of food has changed very quickly. Toast is going to have to up its game after the BSD.

4.The nurse at the Drs was more receptive than expected. She listened politely to my lecture, skipped the encouragement to go low fat, and requested the title of the BSD book. We meet again at the end of the 8 weeks for an HbA1c test and gasps of amazement.

5. Obligatory Mindfulness plug.
    The BSD involves a huge change in habits. I think it is massively interwoven with and complemented by mindfulness.
    Much of what we do, we do automatically, and as a result of old habits. We can only change in the present. Hence if our mind is distracted when we eat by stress, TV, or random thoughts, we tend to eat on auto-pilot, based on past habits.
    Through increasing awareness, to control stress and reduce our distractibility, we can start to prepare and eat what we need, not what we automatically reach for. We can eat less, of a higher quality, and have a diet that is more balanced and nourishing.
    See Mindfulness Forum for more links and to join in.

6. Prince.
    Now cracks a noble heart. Goodnight, sweet prince;
    And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest.

Please log in or register to post a reply.