The way forward

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Knicky13
    on

Hi I’m half way through week 6, 21lb down, doing this for health reasons, no idea about my blood sugar. So what I’m wondering is, going forward what should I expect my weight loss to be? I’m loosing roughly half a pound a day which I am really happy with, noticing it round my face and shoulders, not so much around my middle. I have another four stone to loose, I’m loving the food, the renewed taste, the energy, the calm and the gentle weight loss I’m just hoping it will keep going. I haven’t had chance to do too much exercise but I’m gradually adding it in. Would love to hear from people further down the road, how is your weight loss going?

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi Knicky13
    I’m now in week 11 and have lost 16.9kg (just over 37lbs). I’ve still got about 10kgs to go. Loving this new way of life.

My tips: don’t skimp on the fat, drink lots of no calorie fluids, at least 2-3 litres per day, most of mine comes from herbal teas.
    Stay away from sugar, especially the hidden ones in processed foods, read the labels on everything to double check, you’ll be surprised what they add sugar to these days!
    Walk every day, I’m up to about 1h, 20mins, but I started off at around 40mins. The dog has never had so much exercise!
    Don’t eat/drink anything that says low fat, avoid simple carbs and keep your complex carbs to less than 50g per day.
    Get an app where you can add all your food to keep track of your calories (I’m in Australia and use EasyDietDiary, but a lot of the others use MyFitnessPal) and carbs and weigh and measure EVERYTHING!
    Good luck, there are lots of people on the forum who are happy to help, just ask. Let us know how you go.
    Linda

Please log in or register to post a reply.