The start of a new beginning…

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Minxie48
    on

Hi, thought I would introduce myself. I’m 38, a working mum of two beautiful kids, 10 & 12 and wife to a lovely supportive man.
    I have been overweight for most of my life, struggled with PCOS and insulin resistance since my early twenties. I had gestational diabetes in both of my pregnancies and was diagnosed type 2 diabetic 18 months ago.
    I have taken quite a cocktail of medication since this, Metformin, Sitagliptin and now Bydureon injections and I’ve never felt worse. My weight is steady but I’m struggling to lose any and am constantly tired, irritable and have no motivation to do things. I have tried the usual weight watchers and slimming world but after an initial loss I just plateau and get demotivated because it’s so slow.
    I finished reading the BSD book last night and it was all so familiar to me that I know I have to give it a try. I have a fridge and cupboards full of carbs but I’m motivated now so I’ve decided to start today regardless and let the kids eat that. My husband will be joining me when he has read the book and understands the plan.
    So hello everyone, today is hopefully the start of a new beginning…

• posted by Timmy
    on

Welcome Minxie, and here’s to a new you.

I’ve actually started weaning my kids of the refined carbs too. I don’t want to set them up for the same fall that me and the missus had!! Saying that, I’ll need to be careful as they are in no way fat. All three of them have got an 8 pack!

• posted by Minxie48
    on

Thanks Timmy.

Yeah I want to get the kids off to a good start too, mine are very fit and healthy and love veggies which is good. Just don’t want them to feel deprived of pasta or potatoes if they want them.

• posted by Timmy
    on

I know what you mean. I just don’t want them to get into the habit of relying on them all the time.

My boy in particular is a gannet. He never stops eating, but there’s nothing of him so I definitely don’t want to effect him by depriving him of food when he needs it. He’s 8 years old and is always on the go. He’s a plays football and rugby for the local teams and when he’s not doing that he always running around/cycling. Yesterday for example we went skiing in the morning, then he came home and went down the park to play football with his mates, then he came home and cycled up and down the road for half an hour. No wonder he’s lean as anything!

• posted by Minxie48
    on

Wow!!! It amazes me how much energy the young ones have, I’m tired just reading that 😂

Please log in or register to post a reply.