The forbidden fruit

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

I’m thinking how when it is you can’t or shouldn’t have something that you want it so much more. I’m into day 4 of this diet and purely motivation is keeping me going. Think of Eve eating the apple at temptation…. well it’s like that with us and carbs or sugar…. we know we shouldn’t eat it and when we do, we feel awful. It’s best for us not to. Keep ourselves healthy and don’t abuse our digestive systems! Don’t give them more than they can take. Would you give a loved one or a pet something that makes them ill? Treat yourself with the same seriousness.

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Hey, relax a bit. It’s only food. We can as you say do as we like so long as we are prepared for the consequences but no need to suffer. The results will be motivating over time as the lifestyle changes. You know the system works so no need to worry about the odd slip.

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Hello Skywalker, sorry didn’t mean to come across like that. I was just thinking how I have plugged myself in the past with far too much carbs and sugar and given myself a false high, that now I am feeling awful as the withdrawal symptoms kick in. I don’t want to treat myself till I feel I’ve conquered the issue.

• posted by Patsy
    on

At first I found I was thinking along the lines of, ‘what can I eat that’s not bread, cake, rice, pasta etc’ and feeling slightly hard done by. But once you start looking at all the things you can have, you’ll see there are plenty of nice things. Brie, yoghurt, cheddar, walnuts, all kinds of beans, almonds, eggs, salad, smoked salmon, coconut, sun dried tomatoes, avocados, strawberries and cream, onion bhajis, mozzarella, crudite with salsa dip, asparagus with melted butter. You can even have that tempting apple!

• posted by Baristagirls
    on

Thanks Patsy, I know there’s lots of things. Fortunately I like them, and enjoy them. At the moment, though, my 800cal seems to be running out awfully fast…….
    On a random note, I can’t really eat apple. Actually I can! If it’s peeled. I have trouble with raw veg and seeded fruits – I have a bit of history of colitis.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi Baristagirls

The 800 calories isn’t a lot, but if you ensure that you’ve got enough fat within it, that will fill you up easily. There are a few apps (I use MyFitnessPal, but there are others if you google) which tell you not only calories but the other nutritional contents of your food. This can be really helpful in focusing on eating fewer carbs (even the good ones) and more fat and protein.

Just a thought! I found it helped me. 🙂

Please log in or register to post a reply.