The BSD Guardian Angels

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by On a mission
    on

It’s dead simple – list your daily food. If we’ve been ‘a little bit naughty’ we get to give each other a forfeit.

• posted by Squidge
    on

What’s the forfeit? Until I know that I’m only admitting to a few lettuce leaves!

• posted by On a mission
    on

Ha ha. I think the punish….erm the forfeit needs to fit the crime…erm I mean slip up. Honestly, I think they should be exercised based or benefit a charity, a bit like a swear box. But I think we’re open to ideas. What do you think?

• posted by Birdy76
    on

I think you are right about exercise or maybe a food that coincides with our plan that we don’t like but have to try! Never know as our palates change we may come to enjoy. I think the main key to this WOE is the variety of decent proper foods. I am game.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Who might BSD Guardian angels be? Is this thread a continuation of a private thread? I’m lost, and certainly others may
    be too! 🙂

• posted by On a mission
    on

Hi alliecat,
    It was something I’ve set up with Birdy to support one another. Anyone is welcome to join us.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Thank you, Onamission. I’ll try to backtrack, and see if I can retrace your steps 🙂

• posted by On a mission
    on

We were talking on the last ‘road trip’ discussion. I think family life has caused our will power to weaken this weekend.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Hi Allie I didn’t even know there were such things as private threads? I hope we haven’t done anything untoward? On A mission thought it would be a bit of fun support. Hope that is ok honey? We are here for everyone and thus is open to everyone. 💞🦜

• posted by sixturkeys
    on

I think the “forfeit” idea might be a runner…But in a gentle way. For example, going off-plan means dedicating 30 mins the next day to a home facial (not something I do often!!) or a proper DIY pedicure – ie just being focussed on looking after ourselves and we might get into it!

• posted by On a mission
    on

Great idea Sixturkeys.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Of course, Birdy! No worries! There are so many new threads that keeping up is a challenge for everyone. 🙂 I noticed
    a post on a different thread about setting up a facebook group…I’m a dinosaur, I don’t even have a smartphone yet!!!
    I communicate with 6-8 people by email though, when we want to have a more personal
    conversation that might not be suitable or comfortable on a public forum. A fellow member, Sumo, suggested I could
    put my email address out there relatively safe from hacks, by leaving a lot of spaces in the address. Some of these
    friendships have morphed into skype sessions 🙂 An other alternative is to establish a second email address that
    you use just use for BSD communications. I wish I could be more helpful, but I just don’t use social media. I’m too
    stubborn to accept NO as an answer, so this is how I found my way around the IF impediments. I really recommend it
    to you and Patricia and Onamission! You will establish friendships for life. I’m so blessed, so just go for it! 🙂 🙂 🙂

• posted by Squidge
    on

Maybe the ‘forfeit’ could be some kind of mindfulness thing – more a reminder not to make the same mistake again than a punishment?

I also like the idea of ‘having’ to try a healthy food we wouldn’t normally eat. We might discover a new favourite that way and therefore be less tempted to eat ‘naughty’ foods.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Allie how did you guys get to do that? What are if impediments? I think it would be good to have a way to share pics and talk about things that maybe others may not want to listen to and of course there are many readers of these forums that we know nothing about too as they never post. I don’t mind that they don’t as I hope that reading our threads it helps them with their journey. So if there is a way and some are up for it I am happy to do it. Onamission, Patricia1066 what say you and others too? Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by Birdy76
    on

I don’t think it as a punishment just silliness. The food one would be good as we all love our food and although we may not like it broadens our scope and stops boredom setting in. 💞🦜

• posted by On a mission
    on

What about a WhatsApp group?? That could work. If a lot more private than Facebook? Has anyone else got other ideas?

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh Birdy! I’m hopeless 🙂 I meant an IT reference, not If! I’m a techno-imbecile, so I had to find my own work-a-
    rounds for being without a smartphone! I receive a lot of photos as attachments to emails. They are great fun!

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Oh bless your heart Allie I am not that good either!😱. Onamision a what’s app still needs a telephone number doesn’t it?? I don’t think any of us would be comfortable in putting our phone numbers on here🤣. I do have an email I don’t use for anything important that I would share but again I don’t know how🤣🤣.

• posted by On a mission
    on

Okay – let’s all have a think. Although I am a little confused. Isn’t the point of this forum to support one another? If so do we actually need an alternative? Have we done something wrong?

• posted by Skipping through the tulips
    on

A WhatsApp group sounds good to me. Great idea about the guardian angels, sounds a bit like AA sponsors. Which given my last few days could well be more appropriate.

on

Having just re read my post, thought I should clarify. I was referring to MY last few days. Not wearing my judgment knickers

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Onamission it is to enhance what we already have so we can share photos and things and if we do want a bit of a more personal chat. This is a very wide open space and very very public. We have not done anything wrong hun. So the wardrobe thread for example we could share with skipping pics and she can see what we have to work with. It is great that we have each other for support but Allie was just saying friendships can be formed in real time I suppose. We don’t have to Hun I am happy either way as I know we have each other on here😉💞🦜

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Skipping you don’t need to worry hun we knew what you meant😉😉. So glad you are back x💞🦜

• posted by alliecat
    on

OnaMission, no one has done anything wrong here! This is a support group, and no one who has explored deeper
    levels of friendship on different modalities of communication, ever does so by abandoning this community. It’s a
    personal choice, and not ever meant to exclude anybody. Everyone is free to participate to whatever degree they
    feel comfortable. I fear that you may have gotten the wrong idea…I only endeavored to share how you lovely ladies
    might go beyond the forum if that would be helpful to you. I divide my time between the forum, BSD emails, and
    conversations in real time, and my life is enormously richer for it. It’s never an either/or proposition.

Allie

• posted by Birdy76
    on

That is my thinking too Allie, I would never leave here. 😉💞🦜

• posted by alliecat
    on

I’d never leave either Birdie! This is HOME!!! I love this community 🙂

• posted by Birdy76
    on

I second that Allie! Night night off to bed I go! Working in the cafe tomorrow, but I will be about tomorrow!💞🦜

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi guys, What you can do is one of you create a special email address using on of the free sources of email accounts like hotmail. or gmail. Then that person can put it up on this site but in a way so that robots reading the site looking for email addresses will not pick it up. For example. Dummy%& BSD &gmail % co uk With the message to remove spaces % and & and put in normal format to get the email address.
    Then anyone wanting to join in the chat can just send an email to that address and the person who set up the dummy email address can reply with their normal email address, and pass on email addresses of the others and off you all go.

• posted by On a mission
    on

Ah I see what you all mean now. 😀😀😀

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Thank you JGwen I will look into it. Glad you get it on a mission😝💞🦜

• posted by JGwen
    on

Hi Onamission, – It isn’t only about being able to use Emails to talk privately about none forum stuff. It can be nice to have skype sessions with friends you make on the forum.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

So today I have eaten avo, mush and boiled egg for brunch and homemade chicken and lentil soup😉

BSD£&angels&800£gmail&com just leaving this here ladies hope this works Birdy💞🦜

• posted by Birdy76
    on

JGwen is the above what you meant? Obviously you need to take out a few symbols🤣. But hopefully it is right?

• posted by On a mission
    on

Hi
    I’ve had a really good day today. Stuck to yoghurt and raspberries for breakfast with a few flakes almonds. Chicken breast and roast veg for lunch and egg and tuna salad for tea. I’ve made an extra egg and tuna salad for lunch tomorrow and will have the same again for breakfast. Although I have detention duty and parents eve at school tomorrow so won’t get a second from 12.45 until 7.30. So may receive my first forfeit tomorrow as I have I don’t know when I’ll get chance to eat. I’ll see how I feel though and if I feel up to it I may do an 18 hour fast. I was going to say good luck to you all, but I’ll wish you good strategic planning instead.

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Wow that sounds way to hectic onamission! I don’t envy you hun! So did you see my little jumbled email? Skipping and Patricia1066 did you see it too? It is there if you want to use it ladies and anyone else. Birdy 💞🦜

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Oh my homemade soup turned out great and I will have it for my lunch tomorrow too. Hearty warming and very spicy! Yum 😋

• posted by On a mission
    on

Hi
    Yes I saw the email. I’ll try it sometime this week (I’ve a huge pile of books to mark tonight) oh why do I do this to myself 🙈

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Oh dear OAM I feel for you Hun 💞🦜

on

Ive seen it but i don’t know what to do. Do i just email and say hi or is it where i send all my shameful confessions.

On a mission. That sounds like one hell of an afternoon. hoping it flies by

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Skipping you really do make me roar with laughter🤣🤣. Confessional time dear🤣🤣. No it is for if or when you want to share your real email. Allie said that she has done it and it goes well with this thread. We are very open and honest here but there may come a time that you need advice or to have a chat that you don’t want the whole world and his sister to read🤣. A few of us have mentioned that it would be great if we could share things and pics and the like so that is why I did it. Whoever wants to use it can. Hope that makes sense? Yes and you can email and say hi as it is only me🤣🤣💞🦜

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

I had a good laugh too Skipping, confession time in public or private? Let me see…

My seat is facing the fridge with chocolate sitting in there. Luckily there was only 2 squares left as it would have been all eaten today.

My meal plan
    Breakfast 2 boiled eggs, no toast (really, despite seeing a pile of it buttered in front of me!)

Lunch leftover Pork casserole and carrots and green beans

Dinner Hummus and raw carrot

Snacks dark chocolate, 15g Brazil nuts, 10g mixed seeds

• posted by Birdy76
    on

You two are really great and so so funny too. There are three Easter eggs in my cupboards and the are cadbury’s My favourite but I ain’t gonna touch them. I keep forgetting I have the absolute black chocolate in the cupboard! Chocolate really doesn’t bother me. Honest! Now if there was a six pack of crisps in there it would be a different matter! “Birdy we are here! Come eat us! We are all crispy and delicious!” 😈😈 “Go on! You know you want too!” 🤣🤣🤣🤣. NOWAY ARE THEY ALLOWED IN THIS HOUSE!, 🤣🤣🤣. 💞🦜

on

Nothing to confess today. Ended my 24 hour fast with a spicy Mexican chicken soup. Tons of water with ginger and lime( which I think is a no – no when fasting ??)
    I’m off to polish my halo.

Fast was easier than I thought but maybe that’s due to last weeks quaffing and scoffing. It’s a good job we didn’t have this thread then.
    Well done on not eating the toast, chocolate or crisps. You are made of strong stuff

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Skipping I don’t think the lime would be that bad as if you are like me I only use a a bit, I cut my limes into thin wedges and only use one at a time. I maybe wrong though. Well done on your fast though. You go girl. 💞🦜

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Allie the email is set up🤣

• posted by alliecat
    on

Have fun with it, Birdy! It can bring new and heretofor unimagined opportunities for friendship into
    your life 🙂
    Have fun with it, Birdie!

i

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Thanks Allie. Patricia has taken the plunge of the new email, we were wondering where Scottishgal was? Haven’t heard from her in a while. Hope you are well Scottishgal ❤️💞🦜

• posted by Patricia1066
    on

I admit to having two portions 25g of pistachio nuts today. I nearly bought a new bar of my favourite hazelnut dark chocolate…. But my guardian angel was looking out for me, and I didn’t.

I think I’m bored, looking for something to munch on, and the nuts are in the room.

• posted by alliecat
    on

Oh Patricia, the snacking culture we now live in is a relatively new phenomenon, and is in our faces 24/7! Our
    grandparents and parents didn’t eat this way, and they were the healthier for it. I’m revolted by the amount of
    snack junkfood occupying the majority of shelves in the supermarket, and the marketing of this garbage is
    a multi billion dollar industry on both sides of the pond. An author named Michael Pollan wrote a great book
    called “The Omnivore’s Dilemma”. He studied the sources of our food supply, and came to the conclusion that
    there were only 2 grocery aisles worth visiting; Fresh produce, and Dairy and Fish/Pountry/Meat. Nothing else
    is “real food”. I’m paraphrasing him here, but he basically said “eat real food, not too much, and not too often”.
    Works for me 🙂

• posted by Birdy76
    on

Patricia you are doing amazing and you went for a lot healthier snack than me, so don’t worry too much. Like Allie said we have basically been brain washed. As you know I work for a big supermarket and last night I was working on the biscuit isle and half way down they now have a section called kids lunches! Omg! You should see the crap! Processed foods saying they are healthy choices, I will name a few things, popcorn tomato sauce flavour, puffed something or other cheese flavour and full sugar jelly!! They are all processed and not a natural thing between them. I will take pics tonight! 💞🦜

Please log in or register to post a reply.