Thank you x

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by snowwhite
    on

After posting on here a few days ago and getting some good advice I have lost 4lbs in the last 2/3 days!!
    Water is obviously the key for me. I also put details of food on my fitness pal and was AMAZED at the amount of salt in ham.
    thank you

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Snowwhite
    I had an oxo cube last night – a low salt one, and it was about half the amount of salt as I’d had across the rest of the day.
    Scary – I dread to thing what’s in the original unreduced salt variety!

Mind you, I did read an article on http://www.dietdoctor.com/
    “Drink plenty of fluid and get enough salt. The most common cause of constipation on low carb is dehydration. This makes the body absorb more water from the colon and thus the contents get dryer, harder and constipation can result. The solution is to drink plenty of water and perhaps add some extra salt.”

Although salt levels of what you’re eating look high, if your pre BSD diet included lots of convenience or processed foods, you’re probably getting a lot less salt now than you were before.

Glad that its working well for you, congtats on the 4lb

Please log in or register to post a reply.