Tests and Preparation

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by nomiadventurer
    on

Hi all,

I am in the preparation stage at the moment, currently tracking steps, and movement and sitting time, sleep and pulse throughout the day thanks to my new fitness tracker.

I’ve had the following tests done already
    fasting glucose -high
    fasting insulin -high
    Gamma GT (this was ok result)

and I’m planning on having the hbA1c test done also as well as the oral glucose tolerance test (OGTT), before I start.

The day I begin the test im going to have a dexa scan and then again at 4 weeks and 8 weeks. (maybe 2 weeks as well since that’s when most of the fat is lost)

And I’m going to buy a glucose monitor so i can monitor my fasting glucose every day. and also everyday i’ll be tracking my weight and waist circumference

Which tests should I also be taking ?? I’m just wondering about the fasting insulin, hbA1c, and OGTT tests. how often did you measure these while you were on the diet for comparison and progress?

Please let me know what you did and if it was worth it.

• posted by SkyWalker
    on

Well done, but just cut down the carbs while you research further and read the many threads and use the search box too…

Please log in or register to post a reply.