tea/coffee?

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Beth55
    on

I have just read the book and am getting ready to getting started on the BSD. Can I drink tea and coffee with milk while on the diet? I have the kindle version of the book and it may have talked about tea and coffee but perhaps I missed it.
    Suggestions/tips appreciated. Thanks, Beth

• posted by Izzy
    on

yes you can, but you should count the calories of the milk and sugar if you use.

You will need to try to keep your fluids up though, so I’ve switched to drinking herbal tea most of the time as it can be counted towards your fluid totals.

Best of luck with your start 🙂

• posted by Beth55
    on

Thanks Izzy. I think I will measure out some milk to use each day. This looks like an active forum so I shall look forward to logging in and looking for tips and support. Beth

• posted by Izzy
    on

It’s a great forum, full of welcoming, helpful people 🙂

• posted by OnSetDiabeticWiccan
    on

Thanks I will remeber that next time I drink or think about drinking another coffee.

• posted by Frog
    on

I decided that I couldn’t be faffed to measure milk in tea all the time – especially if I’m drinking it when I’m out and about.

I estimated how much I use, assessed that it seemed logical in line with how long a carton of milk lasts, and the ratio of tea at home and tea out, and then just put that amount in as a daily allowance. If I use a lot in a particular recipe, I’ll log that separately.
    I do only use a dash of milk in tea, and none in coffee – it’s not as if I’m drinking loads of lattes.
    Some days may be up, others down, but I don’t think its going to matter drastically

My original estimate was 200ml daily – on measuring that amount out on days I’ve been largely at home, it’s more like 150ml based on the amount left at the end of the day.

• posted by OnSetDiabeticWiccan
    on

Hey Ladies and Gentlemen: Is ice tea okay to drink? I started few weeks ago with drinking Passion Fruit in place of regular ice tea as a cold beverage.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi – re iced tea, you need to just check (if it’s a bought in drink) whether it has sugar in. Or if it’s made from powder, there may well be sugar in.

If you’re making it yourself with tea and ice, then it’s zero calories.

• posted by Vanilla
    on

After reading this without sounding stupid! I can drink any tea if I don’t add sugar or milk coffee I can take or leave if I can drink fruit and herbal tea no problem and saw the handy tip of foxy water and flavour it with lemon lime mint cucumber. Here goes I start tomorrow! I’m addicted to the forums already!!

• posted by hectorshousemate
    on

I think that’s right although I am new myself but any drinks without milk and sugar should be OK I do find that too much tea on an emptier stomach can cause a bit of nausea though I am a real tea pot so probably should cut back myself. Good luck.

• posted by Vanilla
    on

Thanks for the feedback herbal tea it is then!!!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

HI BETHand welcome! I love my cuppas,nice and strong with just a splash of milk. I put 120 ml of milk in a jug ..thats my allowance per day,58 cals,6 carbs .. But i have a friend who lost SO much weight on BSD that I decided to do it too,and she didnt add her tea / coffees into her 800 cals at all..and still lost stones. If you enjoy herbal teas,even better tho,as you save cals n carbs! X

Please log in or register to post a reply.