Target weight

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Howdy LYNNE * waving* tracked you down to here
    So sorry to hear of yr stresses and yr eye probs..sounds like a frightening experience..sending hugs, and yes if anyone can turn things back round in 3 weeks,the Cap’ n can! XXXXX πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ» can she do it..yes she can!

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi CaptainLynne — good to see your post. I am sorry about the eye problem — my OH has had a similar issue but is fine now — take care! Have a good trip to Italy!
    Julia

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Lynne good to ‘see’ you again.

I often wondered how you were getting on. Just assumed you were too busy living life to keep posting often but really sorry to hear about your problems. You sound like you have everything under control and a great idea to see somebody about the stress. You may have put on a little weight but you’re still at your original target, the rest was just wriggle room! You’ll get yourself back on track soon. You’ve come too far not too.

Keep well, enjoy Italy and take care of yourself.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi everyone *waves*

This morning’s weigh in, showing 9st 10lbs, I have about 17 pounds to lose to get back to where I was. Now, how much of that can I lose before 26th June? Mmmm … be interesting to see!

New notebook bought to record everything, posting back on here. All systems go.

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

Lovely to see you back again Lynne. We’ve all missed you. (Will be interested to hear any tips on dealing with stress as I keep losing and gaining the same 5 kilos whenever difficult situations arise. Tried mindfulness and it doesn’t work for me!)

• posted by Julia18togo
    on

And also meant to say we are all cheering you on and hoping things get easier for you.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Julia

I started to read a book called ‘First Bite. How we learn to eat’ by Bee Wilson. Not finished it yet, but it made me think about how my eating was programmed when I was a child. Money was tight so meals were carb heavy. My grandmother would give me sweets, even just before a meal. You know the story – ‘go on, just one won’t hurt’ – except it was never just one. But, more than that, my mother gave me sweets as a reward, not a treat. I can vividly remember coming out of the dentist and bring taken to the sweet shop ‘for being brave/good’. Is it any wonder I turn to food in stressful situations?

I’ve reached the point where I knew I had to start taking care of me again. Which is where I was at the very beginning of my BSD journey. Unfortunately too many things all came at the same time and knocked me back. But I’ve realised that I didn’t even enjoy most of the food I was eating – it was like medicine, trying to treat the stress.

My first appointment is Tuesday. I’ve had to rearrange my diary to accommodate it, which hasn’t suited some people, but if I don’t do something to help me deal with the stress I’ll be no use to anyone and will be off ill.

If I learn anything useful that I can share in a public forum, I will. Think it’s something affecting a lot of us on here. Like you, I’m not in to mindfulness.😒

• posted by Theodora
    on

Welcome back Captainlynne, good to see you, though really sorry to hear about your troubles. Fantastic that you are dealing with them so positively, so well done and you are quite right, if you don’t look after yourself, you will be no use to man nor beast, as they say..

Will look forward to hearing any stress-busting tips that you may glean.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Theodora.

If I find any good tips, I’ll share πŸ˜€

• posted by Bissell
    on

Well, I’m 154.4lbs, which is 1.2lbs up from last month. Definitely creeping up a bit! On the plus side, I’m the same as I was a year ago, when I reached my goal of a healthy BMI. And my check up with the nurse yesterday was fine, BP etc all good. And I’m still posting here, even when the weight is creeping up and I’d really rather not!

So, Mrs Bissell, finger out, one week of 800 should do it! I don’t want to see you back here next month any heavier!
    I hope everyone else is doing fine.

• posted by LindaA
    on

60.4kg for me this morning, 0.4kg over my goal, but a short fast will sort that out. Watch this space next month!
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by stringbreaker
    on

Lynne,

Nice to catch up.

Well done everybody.

Bissell, SNAP (154lbs). I was last this weight in 1993 and have finally arrived back at my “targe” via 16 stones in 2010. As I’ve shrunk by 2 inches since then, I reckon I reallyh ought to go for 147lbs so here goes…..

Thank goodness for MM and the Prof

John

• posted by Bissell
    on

155.0lbs today, 0.6lbs up on last month, 1lb more than last year. But hey, 1lb more than last year! That means I’ve maintained, more or less for over a year now. This is a first for me. Sorry to sound smug, but I am pleased with myself!

Although, to be honest, I’m posting a day early as I’m off to a family affair later, where I will over indulge, although not in a carby way. Just eat too much! And in a rather saintly way, I was asked to make a dish of dauphinois potato, which I have, even though I can’t eat it!

Very best of luck to everyone still on the weight loss journey and congratulations to all those maintainer who are still here!

• posted by Switzerland
    on

Hi Bissell,
    Congratulations on a good year. Keep BSDing and ‘maintaining’ awareness.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Wow – Well done Bissell. A whole year and just one pound heavier is amazing.

I’m just approaching 3 months maintenance and stand in awe, but hope to follow in your footsteps.

Research shows that those who keep the weight off for a year are far more likely to be able to keep it off forever so here’s to the rest of your life. πŸ˜ƒ

• posted by Cper
    on

Just want to give out encouragement. I started this way of eating in august last year and it really worked for me- I lost 2 stone pretty quickly and have kept it off without struggle The thing is I eat bread,cakes ,drink alcohol etc but occasionally-and then return to what I know to be the healthier way! When I started I kept a diary which included my mood as well as measurements and food diary. Half the battle Ithink is the mindfulness. Relax. Dont panic if you eat a slice of toast . Be nice to yourself and see it all as proactive and not denial. It works

• posted by Bissell
    on

Thanks Theodora and Switzerland , good to see you are still around! Whatever happened to Frog, Izzie, LuckyM.. and Captainlynne? Anyone seen any posts from them recently? Hope they are all fine and getting on with life.

I agree Cper, the odd carb doesn’t hurt, but only if I don’t start like I used to when I gave up smoking! Just at Christmas, just on my birthday, just on Fridays, Just at weekends, just in the evenings! I THINK my will powers is stronger now, but I’m not entirely sure. I did well today at the family do though, resisted my potatoes and the trifle and the cake. Ate a big pot of cream though!

At least I gave up smoking in the end. And if I can do that, I can live without carbs.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Captainlynne is still around she posted under the heading ‘can I come back’ = look her up

• posted by Bissell
    on

Thanks, I will do.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi everyone
    I’m just back from a 33 day holiday in Africa so couldn’t post my weight on the 1st of the month and I wasn’t able to keep track of where I was at other than by how I felt in my clothes.

The day I left on 10 July I weighed 60.1kg and this morn I’m …..
    Drumroll please….
    59.9kg!

I stuck to the no sugar, no carb rule the entire time I was away but other than that, I ate whenever I was hungry until I was full.

These days I don’t drink much alcohol, but on one evening one red wine turned into three (and in Africa, they don’t have standard measures, they fill the glass to the top!) and let’s just say that the hangover lasted 2 days! Low carb doesn’t mix well with alcohol it seems!

I’ve now been 60kg (give it take) since I reached my goal last September so it is possible to keep it off.

Keep on keeping on everyone.

Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Nice job Linda! So well done. Africa sounds amazing — where did you go?

• posted by LindaA
    on

Thanks Californiagirl,

South Africa, Botswana and Zimbabwe!

It was fabulous!
    Linda

• posted by Bissell
    on

Brilliant Linda, I bet you are thrilled! Congratulations !

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Linda!! You are an inspiration truly! I am so happy to see you had a great trip and know you must feel so happy to be healthy when you returned! The best gift you could give yourself!
    πŸ’•

• posted by LindaA
    on

The 1st of the month rolls around again and I’ve weighed in at 59kg – 1kg under my target. I did get up to 62kg in the last couple of weeks but a couple of 24 hour and a 37 hour fast sorted that out. My blood ketones got up to 3.2mmol this morning so got to be happy with that!

How’s everyone else going?

• posted by Theodora
    on

Well done Linda.

I’m just coming up to 18 weeks maintenance, so far from your awe-inspiring achievement, but I’m pleased to say that, despite a house load of guests all summer and the consequential over-active social life, I weighed in this morning at 117lbs (53kg approx) which is 2lbs under target weight of 119lbs (54kg). Like you, I have been a tad heavier – 120lbs – but like you, I too have thrown in the occasional fast and restored my wriggle room. Only had 800 today too, so am hoping the scales tell me I have even more wriggle room tomorrow because we have a weekend of celebrations planned with my daughter reaching a ‘significant’ birthday (ends with an 0 and, unfortunately because it makes me feel ancient πŸ˜‰, starts with a 4😁) Champagne and wine will be flowing freely – though as she doesn’t drink, I will endeavour not to drink her share 😜

• posted by Bissell
    on

Great news Linda and Theodora! You show it CAN be done.

So, I’m bending the facts a bit (!) yesterday, I was exactly the same as a year ago and a lb less than a month ago. So far, so good. I met up with some friends last night, had one vodka and soda ( good girl Janet) and some plates of tapas. No bread, no rice, no potatoes. And I’m 3.5 lbs heavier this morning! Which I now realise cannot be true, but will be water retention (I had a raging thirst as I walked home and sunk a couple of pints of water). I’m eating out/entertaining 5 times in the next week, but then, it’s the straight and narrow for me. 1/10/17 will be back on target!

Good luck to everyone else! Even though luck has nothing to do with it, it’s your consistency that does the trick.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Janet, you are right – a few strict days and that 3.5lbs will be gone, Definitely just water. So well done on maintaining – we have to be able to enjoy life on this WOE after all. Enjoy your eating out this week.

Pleased to report that my 800 day yesterday has given me another 1lb of wriggle room this morning, so I now have 3lbs leeway to confront my daughter’s weekend of celebrations with 😁

• posted by Bissell
    on

Blimey, that month went by fast! Happy (and slightly smug) to say I’m 153lbs today, that’s a lb or two down on last month and one pound less than a year ago. I could pretend it was all down to my iron will, but must confess some of it is down to a stomach bug (thanks grandsons) that put me off food for a week. Also, I’ve started seeing someone, after 12 years (!) of being on my own, and that teenager feeling of butterflies in the stomach are a good appetite suppressant too. Alcohol consumption has gone up a smidgeon though. Hey ho, we shall see.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. See you next month!

• posted by Theodora
    on

Hi Bissell, I agree – where did that month go? We’ll done on being down but sorry to hear about the bug, hope you are now fully recovered? How lovely that you are seeing someone after so long alone – really hope it all goes well for you. It’s not so long ago that Seasidenana was saying the same thing, and now she’s planning her wedding……..πŸ˜‰

I’m also pleased to say I’m down on last month – 2lbs in fact, weighing in at 114lbs this morning. I had dropped even lower (2lbs) as I’d had a difficult few days when I literally didn’t get the chance to eat other than pappy white sandwiches, and I wasn’t going there!!

Hope everyone else is still doing okay and, as Bissell says, see you next month.

• posted by LindaA
    on

I’m still good too!

Weighed in at 59.1kg this morning, still under my target of 60kg.

September was my 1 year anniversary of reaching my goal weight. I don’t think I’ve ever maintained for this long and I’m now confident that I’ll be able to go this foreverπŸ˜€. I feel like if discovered the secret and wish I could tell everyone, but even my own 24 yo daughter doesn’t want to hearπŸ˜”.

Oh well, all I can do is continue to lead by example.

So cool Bissell that you’ve found someone. Stay happy and be true to yourself, it doesn’t have to involve alcohol if you don’t want it too!

See you all next month!
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by LindaA
    on

Looks like I’m first in this month!

Weighed in at 59.4kg so still under 60kg.

I’ve incorporated regular intermittent and extended fasting (up to 3 days) into my regime mainly for the benefits of autophagy and I love it, I find it quite easy now as I’m just not hungry. The cravings for sugar and carbs are long gone!

We’re heading into our summer so lots of swimming and bbq’s coming up – bring it on!

How’s everyone else going?
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Theodora
    on

Well done, Linda.

We seem to have similar maintenance strategies, as I too incorporate intermittent fasting, also for the benefits of autophagy – longest only 49 hours though. 25 weeks into maintenance, I am 1lb down on last month, at 8st 1lb (51.25kg) so am quite happy with that. Heading into winter here though!

How are everyone else doing?

• posted by Bissell
    on

Morning Linda and Theodora! Great news that you are both doing so well. I’m slightly envious of the approach of summer down under, I hope it’s amazing. It’s definitely autumnal here but still sunny and beautiful colours. Or is that just because I’ve fallen in love?! Which is having an excellent effect on my weight as I’ve lost a few more pounds this month to weigh in at 149.4lbs. I just had to check back, because it didn’t look right, but it is! That’s my lowest since starting!
    Happy days. Keep on keeping the faith! See you next month.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Oh, well done, Bissell – and so pleased that your romance is going wellπŸ’˜ The fact that you are still losing is an added bonus.

Maybe I am still in love too, as this morning my scales registered a drop o 1.5lbs since yesterday for no apparent reason other than my husband of 48 years arrived home after being abroad for a week❀😘😜

• posted by Bissell
    on

I’m late on parade with posting this month, which is indicative of a) low carb becoming such a way of life that I don’t really think about it much now and b) continuing to be somewhat ‘loved up’ in my new romance! But I’m paying attention now.

Thanks for the good wishes Theodora; how fantastic that you are still holding a torch for your husband of 48 years. Congratulations. And registering a weight loss too!

I’ve just weighed in after a week away with family and new beau and I weigh 147.0 lbs, a further loss of 2.4 lbs on last month. Hopefully I can stay below my target weight with Christmas and a number of meals out on its way. I must report (confess) I had scampi and chips in a pub, with a small lager, because there was NOTHING I could eat, and no ill effects. No desire to eat carbs the next day, which is the main thing.

Merry Christmas everyone, next time I post, it will all be over! So that should be interesting!

• posted by LindaA
    on

Thanks Bissell for the reminder….well done you! Keep On keeping on!

I too have made Keto such a way of life that it now IS my life.

On the 1st of the month, I weighed in at 60.3kg, bang on target. On the 3rd Dec I was 61.3kg and this morning I was 59.3kg, just goes to show how we can all vary +\- 2 kilos whilst still doing everything right. It’s now been 15 months since reaching my goal weight and it’s necer been easier.

I still continue to fast intermittently, sometimes OMAD (one meal a day – usually dinner), sometimes 16/8 and sometimes for 2 days, I just let my body tell me what it needs.

Best wishes everyone over Christmas and see you in the New Year!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

If you ever feel like posting more often you can come and join us fellow ‘lifestylers’ on the ‘what next?’ thread for general chat with some of the more active forum maintainers. We also have a new lifestyle thread for discussing other aspects of our new shapes like CLOTHES! (And boots of course). No pressure of course, but you would be very welcome should you drop in for a virtual cuppa.

• posted by Bissell
    on

Thanks for the invite MIxnmatch, I may well do that!
    Yes, clothes! Isn’t it great buying new ones that fit! I also went swimming in a public pool for the first time in years last week too, and though I say it myself, if you ignored the wrinkly bits, I didn’t look too shabby for an old ‘un!
    I still read the other posts from time to time, it’s good to see how many people seem to have made real life changing differences to their diet and diabetes.
    Very inspiring.
    Keep the faith!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks you all for continuing to post as each of you is inspiring!!!

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hello all – lovely to see all the ongoing successes!

I haven’t been weighing myself recently, but I do keep a close eye with clothing fit.

So I can say I am still well within my size 26/27 jeans, and size 10 and S and XS everything else, which is encouraging. Some considerable expense in buying small size jackets because my wardrobe used to contain only L size.

Maintaining a close eye on carb content of everything, and never eat rice, hardly ever potatoes (though the Xmas roast spuds will be on the table as usual), and lots of varying veg as well as live yoghurt for the friendly gut bacteria!

Also usually eat just 2 meals a day (after my two flat white type coffees in the morning), usually don’t eat till 2pm, so have a good fasting period daily.

Can’t see anything ever changing, really – enjoy what I eat too much!!

Good luck to all, whether starting, enduring or maintaining……

• posted by Theodora
    on

Good to hear you are still loved up, Bissell – and 2.4lbs down on last month is a great position to be in as the silly season approaches. Well done on the baring all in the swimming pool and looking good. Would be good to see you on the What Next and / or the Phoenix threads too.

Linda, great to see you over on the maintainers’ thread, really good to hear your maintenance continues to go well – we can all benefit from your 15 months maintenance experience, I’m sure.

On 1st November I weighed in at 6lbs under target, at 8st 1lb (51.25kg). On 1st December, I weighed one pound less. But as of this morning I have dropped another 3lbs, so am at 7st 11lbs (49.44kg) for no apparent reason, but guessing just normal fluctuations. The only difference yesterday was that I totally ODed on Greek yoghurt – Fage of course, my all time favourite, totally addicted to the stuff as, sadly are my dogs. I really need to buy them a cheaper version!

• posted by stringbreaker
    on

Hi,

Re-joining a few of my favourite threads.

New Year resolution, here we come.

John

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Hi Igorasusul – great to hear from you and that you are maintaining so well. I missed your post because December was so hectic at work. I have been wondering how you are doing so I was so pleased to read your post.

Stringbreaker – good to see you back on the forum. Good luck with your new year’s resolution.

• posted by Bissell
    on

Again, I’m late on parade because I’ve been away from my scales. So, a belated Happy New Year to everyone! I had the best Christmas and New Year that I can remember, almost entirely due to my new love and him slotting into my extended family so well. I’ve been pretty controlled on the carbs; the odd sliver of Christmas pud, a whole roast potato (!) and a piece of pie. And a whole load of booze! One thing I’ve realised is that no body notices or cares if I have carbs or not. It’s no longer a big deal for me or them. And I’m even more happy to report that I’m 146.8 lbs, which is less than last month (well, only a pound, but still less) and 8 lbs less than last year.
    I’ve truely never felt happier.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Aww Bissell, what a lovely post. So pleased to hear that you’re feeling good and have never been happier – and are stll maintaining. What a great way to start a year.

I managed to recoup the few pounds that dropped off last month and I’m very pleased about that – was definitely getting too thin. I am now starting 2018 happily sitting at 6lbs under target, 8st 1lb (113lbs; 51.25kg) and just approaching my first BSD birthday, and 8 months in maintenance.😊

• posted by Bissell
    on

Thanks Theodora, I’m glad you are happy with your situation too! I bet you never thought you could be too thin, but it does happen doesn’t it? I’m about right now but occasionally drop a few more pounds and look a bit scrawny. And wrinkly. Definitely better with the clothes on, anyway!

And happy BSD birthday, when it occurs.

• posted by Theodora
    on

Thanks Bissell – the 16th is the day!!

And you are quite right, I never dreamed a year ago that I could possibly ever be considered too thin, and the words Theo and scrawny would never, ever be deemed possible in the same sentence. But in December they were – and even I could see that it was true. So very happy to have regained a few pounds – even at 8st 1lb, I still only have a BMI of about 20!! But feeling great, and even after 8 months in maintenance, never a day goes by when o/h doesn’t tell me how fantastic I look (he’s always been naturally slender, though eats like the proverbial horse!!).

• posted by Bissell
    on

Back for a quick check in. I feel as if I didn’t do this once a month, all would go to rats! I’m sure it wouldn’t, but …

Anyway, 145.6lbs today, a whole pound down on last month and perfectly happy with that! I’m feeling a bit rubbish at the moment as I have bronchitis ( thanks, small grandson!) and I look shocking, but apart from that everything in the garden is rosy. My other half (get me!) asked for a definitive list of everything I can’t have, so he knows what not to cook, and I realised that I do have a tiny portion of carbs about 2-3 times a week. The odd potato, a sliver of Christmas cake, a few chips ( see grandson above)a bowl of porridge, some dhal, and nothing bad happens. I don’t crave them or miss them, I just enjoy the odd one. Seems to be working for me, anyway.

Best of wishes to all the other maintainers and to all those still going through it, I’ve kept maintenance up for 18 months now, so it can be done!

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

It’s my one year targetversary tomorrow, and also the three year anniversary of me getting my head together and deciding that I was finally going to lose all that weight. May allow myself a small glass of red to celebrate. I know what you mean about visiting here Bissell, I feel sure that without the forum this would just have been a slightly slower yo-yo effect and bad habits would have really crept back in. I am a lot more confident now that most of my bad habits are under control. I will weigh in tomorrow morning with my 1 year weight.

Please log in or register to post a reply.