Target weight

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi Imogen

Great I need the forum peeps, to keep my spirits up. whos the third person, ooh we can be the three wise men or women at chrimbo, hehehe yes keep posting it keeps us all going.

Love jan

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi *waves to everyone*

Good to see so many weighing in πŸ˜ƒ

Whether our target is close or not, each week we are getting closer!

Mine is much closer than I ever thought it could be. But I will still weigh in on here when it is reached. Posting on here helps me keep my focus, and makes me accountable. So I’ll be around for some time yet!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Just seen this thread and it made me realise I have reached my targets. I. to get my b/g to 120 it has been now for 4 weeks and even lower. 2. to reach a 3kg weight loss in 8 weeks – I know it is not a big target but something I have never attained on other diets. Only 5 weeks in I have got to that goal too. Want to set myself a new target weight but I have family arriving in one week, staying for nearly 3 so not going to aim too high. New target to lose 1kg in 3 weeks, taking me to the end of the 8 week plan. My HBA1c was 8.2 last time I was tested and my goal is for it to be down to 7. Will find out next Monday.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Reached my initial target of a stone off and set new target to lose another half stone and am 2lb into that now as well. Once I get there, my next target will be to get to the point where my weight begins with 8st something. My waist is still too big and I’m hoping by then, it will be under the 30inch mark – two inches to go!

Will let you know how it goes.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

It’s so great reading everyone’s targets getting met!! I am still in shock when I put on clothes 10 sizes smaller and they still fit. Ha.
    Next target will be reached in 4 lbs so hoping that happens by next week.
    Other target just met was to buy an outfit for my best friends wedding and I got one that my husband rates 9.5. I love it.
    Today I donated 2 bags of too big pants and a bathing suit that fit me in April and now falls off me. Gotta go through my shirts and donate them in the next few days. Making way for the new items.
    Best to you all!
    πŸ’œ

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hi another mini target which is every 10 lbs. I am excited to hit another one as I didn’t really have too many mini targets till Lynne mentioned them and I am thankful for that inspiration.
    Happy dance time! 😍😍😍
    Hugs to you all!

• posted by stringbreaker
    on

HappyLife,

We all know how you feel and share your joy πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Bril work happy life wishing you a happy week😊

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks greenjanet! Wishing you the best and have a great day!
    πŸ’œ

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks string breaker – the best part is we all do happy dances together in here for each other’s joy and support each other in the tougher times.
    πŸ’œπŸŒ·πŸ’™

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Having had another shaky week, I am setting a new mini target, to lose 4lb by 14th September – I’d like 6lb, but feel the way things are going at the moment, 4lb is more realistic. Thought if I put it on here, I’m more likely to knuckle under and get some results!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Nowhere near my target yet but just calling by to cheer you all on..youre all magnificent! X

on

SunnyB,

I think mini-goals are a great idea. I often use them to shift me off a plateau.

Let us know how you get on.

Yowzer49,

You’ll be here by right sooner than you think. To be honest, I don’t think many of us here have reached our ultimate goals yet.

John

• posted by captainlynne
    on

One (or is it two?) more mini goal down. Today total weight loss is 6 stone, making my weight today 10 stone.

Next goal is only a pound away – weight starting with a 9!

Final target now only 7 pounds (!) away.

• posted by Frog
    on

Excellent Lynne, well done.
    Mine still starts with an 8 today – 89.8
    Yesterday was the first time below 90 (89.9), and I was really keen not to see it creep back!

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Captainlynne

How breathtaking is that, result, delighted for you. πŸ“πŸ“πŸ“

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Next mini goal reached more quickly than I thought!

Scales today showed weight beginning with a 9 πŸ˜ƒ

Next mini target is 4 pounds away – weight in single figures (9st 9lb)

In kg – today 63.04. Next mini target 61.23. Target weight 60.32 (top of my healthy BMI).

• posted by Bissell
    on

Fan blooming tastic!
    What a star!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Weight today 9st 12lbs – only 5 still to lose to my target weight.

• posted by Bissell
    on

I’m still here! Just back from 12 days away at my caravan and happy to report I lost a lb/ stayed the same. It was good for me not to have the scales there, I’ve weighed myself about a dozen times in the 24 hours since I got back. Stuck to the principles but didn’t count calories. Much more aware of when/what/how often I eat now. Could it possibly last? I hope so.
    How is everyone else doing?

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Great result Bissell. It can certainly last. I’ve lost another pound since Saturday, so only 4 pounds to go to my 9.7 target.

• posted by Timmy
    on

Didn’t have time to jump on the electronic scales this morning (plus my FIL is staying at the moment, and I wasn’t going to run through the house half naked to get to them), but the old fashioned scales looked like I was around the 88kg mark.

My initial target weight was 85kg, and it still is, but I think that would be me with more muscle mass than I currently have, so I’m setting an interim target of 80-82kg with a view to then build muscle back up to 85kg. I think that is the only way I will achieve the flat stomach that I’m after!

I’ll do a proper weigh in on Friday and report back.

on

Well, here we are again on “weigh in” date.

Last time I seem to remember I was approaching my ideal goal of 154 lbs – I had about 3 really good weeks and the net result was that I put on a few pounds. At the same time, I bought a pair of trousers which were uncomfortably tight.

I think the weight thing is fluid retention (which happens to me from time to time) BUT … the trousers are now a perfect fit so something is going the right way. Also, I’ve entered my height, weight etc into several web sites and my BMI comes out at about 23.5 which I believe is OK. (The web sites told me to stop losing weight)

Consequently, I’ve decided to stop obsessing over a particular goal, and instead am focussing on the REALLY difficult next stage, which is the rest of my life. As long as I can get into those trousers, job done.

John

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi John *waves*

Great results πŸ˜ƒ Top of ‘normal’ BMI is 25 so you are comfortably there!πŸ˜ƒ

My unofficial weigh on Tuesday showed I have 3 pounds to lose before I reach my healthy BMI. I’m away for a few days, looking for new clothes as my wardrobe is nearly empty.

Hopefully I’ll soon be joining you on the next stage – the rest of my life.

Really well done John. Hope you keep us informed of your continuing journey.

• posted by Frog
    on

morning Lynne – hope the shopping is going well, and the breakfast has been good & BSD friendky

• posted by Bissell
    on

Great news John, and look at you with a BMI of 23.4! All my life I’ve wanted something or someone to tell me to stop losing weight! ” just EAT something Janet” is a phrase I have NEVER heard! Ah well, all changed now and all for the better.
    Looking back at my notes, I’ve maintained my weight or lost a few more lbs, since the end of June, so I’m really happy with that. I’ve been following 800 cals (ish) for 2 days a week and just restricting carbs on the rest of the week. Seems to be working. I’ve tried some of the recipes on DietDoctor, and found them to be good. I also noted the BBC food/recipe bit had a list of Mediterranean recipes, most of which were low carb, so I’ve saved them too. Planning my food for the next few days and then shopping accordingly seems to be working.
    So good luck John, Lynne, Frog and everyone else, keeping on doing what you are all doing.

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

CaptainLynnne measure your height first thing in the morning. You will probably find you have reached your target! Enjoy the shopping

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Morning all

Frog – Full English breakfast. I normally have a cooked breakfast at home anyway. Here it’s bacon, egg, half a tomato, mushrooms, sausage and baked beans, with fried bread. Plus toast!

So, I order it without fried bread, and no toast. Only eat a few baked beans and have a taste of the sausage.

And plenty of black coffee πŸ˜ƒ

Ruthdownunder – I love your thinking πŸ˜ƒ

The clothes I bought yesterday fit. Yippee!!! So I don’t have to return anything. Underwear, a size 12 top and a pencil skirt (size 14). Now I’m in size 12😱 – except for slim-fitting skirts like the one I bought yesterday. It’s so long since I could buy something ‘off the rack’ and be reasonably certain it would fit!

But I have a question. Why are the clothes on the racks so creased? Oh, and another question- why are the clothes I want to look at nearly always up too high for me to reach? If I can’t reach them down, I don’t buy!!! And there’s not usually anyone nearby to help.

• posted by ay caramba
    on

Target weight weigh-in on the first of the month.

Ok……deep breath…. my weight starts with a 9.
    I still haven’t reached the top end of my healthy BMI score which is only a couple of pounds away.

At least I haven’t put weight back on in the last couple of months…..so that is a big positive πŸ™‚
    This is one heck of a plateau!!!!

• posted by LindaA
    on

I’ve weighed in this week at 63.5kg (a smidgen under 140lbs or just under 10 stone!) after 20 weeks on the BSD.

At 5’6″, my normal weight BMI kicked in at 25, so I’m now under at 22.5.

I started off with my size 16 work trousers getting a bit on the tight side and now I’ve just bought the same pair in a size 10!

I’m aiming to stop at 63kg then keep an eye on things and work out how I can maintain that weight without going back to sugar or simple carbs. When I work out the secret, I’ll let you knowπŸ˜€

• posted by Frog
    on

wow – that’s amazing Linda – many congratulations!

• posted by LindaA
    on

Thanks Frog
    I forgot to mention that I started off at 89.9kg so I’ve lost a total of 26.4kg (just over 4 stone).
    Woo hoo!
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Woo hoo indeed LindaA. Many congratulations. I think all those long walks will help you stay there. 4 stone is fantastic

on

Linda – minus 26.4 kg and only 1/2 a kilo to go – you must be really chuffed – what an achievement. Keep it up

ay caramba – well done on getting down to the “9”s – nearly there for that elusive healty BMI – some time this month, hopefully.

Lynne – 3lbs to go – wow – enjoy some more good breakfasts, AND all those smaller clothes – doesn’t it feel great?

Janet – thanks for your kind words – yes, of course I’ll stay in touch with the forum, but probably only on this thread now (oh, and “this has to work for me” – I couln’t unsubscribe from that one – great sentimental value – all our “early days” on there). Good luck with your maintenance project – just think, in only a few days Michael’s wife’s new recipe book will be out and we can all try loads of new dishes – we still eat mainly from the recipes in the original BSD book so a whole new raft of menus from HQ will be a great boon.

I’m having a great morning – I’ve jsut logged on to the NSI app and discovered I’ve won Β£100 on the Premium Bonds this month!!

Yipppeeeee!

The best of luck everyone – see you on 1st October

Onwards and downwards

John

• posted by LindaA
    on

Well, what a difference a day makes!
    Wednesday, I weighed in at 63.5kg, this morning, I’ve dropped that last .5kg and I’m at my goal weight of 63kgπŸ˜€πŸ‘

I actually feel a bit ‘lost’. I’ve really enjoyed this journey and have embraced this way of eating and increased exercise and have not found it difficult and now it feels like I’m losing my best friendπŸ˜‚

I had planned to continue with the same food and simply increase my calories, but I’m just not that hungry. As I wasn’t diabetic or pre diabetic, I’m wondering if I should introduce some more carbs into my diet to increase the calories or just try and increase the amount of fat. What I do know is that I don’t want to reintroduce sugar back into my diet.

Any suggestions???

The other thing I’m thinking is to stop recording everything I eat on my app and just eat when I’m hungry and stop when I’m full. I’m going to have to learn to do that at some stage anyway. My other thought is to increase my cals to 1600 for the next couple of weeks and to weigh in only once a week and see what my weight does.

Any advice would be gratefully received!!
    Cheers
    Linda

on

Linda,

Amazing! Bravo!

I’m afraid I’m the last person to give advice on maintenance. I’ve lost stones and stones many times in the past, and always put it all back again and more.

However, what I plan to do myself is to keep the carbs very low. I think it’s carb “spikes” that do all the damage – from what I remember from the book, the low carb thing isn’t just a weight losing ploy, it’s a strategy for life. I’m praying that this is what will stop me piling it all back on this time.

I’ve just started to eat larger portions of what I’ve been eating on the BSD – all introduced bit by bit

So.. a bigger helping of porage in the morning,
    ……. more yoghurt (full fat sheep’s) , nuts etc for lunch (or avocado, sardines, cottage cheese, egg etc if I get fed up with yoghurt)
    …….scaled up meals from the BSD book recipes – particularly more veg – I love veg.

From my experience, I would only increase things slowly – one meal at a time –

I’m also really going to try and keep up the exercise – over a week I’m nearly averaging an hour a day (that does include a 25 minute BRISK walk, which years ago I wouldn’t have counted, but I gues that in one’s 60s it’s valid)

Tomorrow I’m going to treat myself to grilled bacon with egg and tomatoes fried in olive oil (but no toast)

We’re heading into uncharted waters. – I know what you mean about feeling a bit cut adrift – it’s such an all-consuming project to get the weight off, and it can seem a bit flat when you get there. On the journey you always imagine that you will be deliriously happy when you get there, but actually it’s not like that. You need a NEW project linked to well-being – I’m going to work out how I can keep up cycling exercise during the cold wet months – perhaps investigate “spinning” -classes – does anyone know exactly what these are?

I have a feeling that we’re going to need each other much more than ever before now – we’re probably most of us goal-oriented beings, and just “keeping it off” is a bit uninteresting. We must help each other to stay focussed.

Onwards and……. er…….? (Need a new sign off line)

John

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

Oh the joy of hitting a target! I’ve been quite good at setting myself mini-targets but in recent weeks I have lost momentum and am still a few pounds off my ultimate target (please see my profile, just click on my “name”). But I am determined to get back on track. Been a bit stressed recently which hasn’t helped – I’m a bit of comfort eater. But those of you who have managed it, very well done!

Linda – like you, I’m not T2, nor pre-diabetic, and I added “extras” in. I probably did it too early which is why I’ve stalled but for maintaining your current weight you should be OK. Just do it gradually & keep an eye on things – if you notice a rise in your weight, nip it in the bud (a stitch in time saves nine, so they say).
    John – think you hit the nail on the head when you wrote of the journey, you need to have a plan for when you arrive at the destination. It can be tough losing the weight but the real trick is keeping it off long-term.

Good luck everyone.
    Rose

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Another mini target down! Today I’ve lost 40% of my starting body weight.

This weeks loss of 2 pounds brings total loss to 90 pounds πŸ˜ƒ

Only 1 pound to go to reach target weight!!!!!

• posted by Bissell
    on

Wow Lynne, I’m so excited for you! How inspirational you are! 40% of your body weight. Stunning!

• posted by RozyDozy
    on

THat’s amazing, Lynne.
    What an inspiration you are.
    Hope you are practising your “smug face” for when that final pound is gone.
    Good luck.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Way to go Lynne, you must be thrilled to have come so far and be within a finger-tip’s distant from reaching your ultimate goal. You posts have been inspiring and have helped to keep us all focused and positive. Hope we won’t be losing you once you have lost that last pound!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks everyone.

Bissell, I found a couple of old photos yesterday & almost frightened myself 😱 Seeing the difference between the old and new photos is scary!

Rozy – not sure about “smug face” – might be sending for paramedics to treat me for shock! LOL

SunnyB – yes, thrilled. Also surprised at how quickly it’s happened. Don’t worry, you don’t get rid of me that easily LOL. I’ll be starting a new thread when I hit target – posting helps me, keeps me accountable. I’ll need that as I start a new stage in this journey.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Lynne, you so rock!! I know you’ll keep at itπŸ˜€

John, you’ve hit the nail on the head. I do feel flat and don’t feel like I have a project anymore. I guess time will tell, but what I do know is that I don’t want to put the weight back on, although I’ve said that before.

Perhaps that can be my project…a successful maintenance program and then I can help others as well as they follow this journey.

Exercise will continue to factor in my day, but just walking. Our winter is not bad enough that I have to stay indoors and it’s lovely walking in the Sydney sunshine in winter.

RozyDozy, you’re right, I think doing this gradually is the way to go. I’ll weigh in weekly and if I continue to lose, I’ll up the cals a bit more, if I start to gain, I’ll drop back. Slowly and surely πŸ˜€

We won our softball grand final yesterday and we had a pre arranged ‘set’ dinner at our presentation night. 3 choices…pasta, pasta or pasta! The included drink…lemonade! The dessert….cake! I was so fearful of stuffing up that I ate nothing and came home and had a chicken and cheese omelette and some yoghurt! The only thing that passed my lips was water!

Onwards everyone and stay with it. It really works!
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Bissell
    on

Linda, I do so agree about the tendency to feel a bit anticlimactic when you reach your target. Part of the buzz of losing weight for me has always been the “oh aren’t you doing well, how much weight have you lost this week?”. When you “stay the same” it’s all a bit flat. This was always my problem with SW and WW etc. All very shallow of me, I know, but I think it’s important to work out what motivates you in order to keep the weight off.
    So I think you are spot on by saying a successful mainenence program will help you and others on this site. It has become a new project for me too, and I’ve also taken up (on a very low key way!) exercises to go alongside the walking. Maybe I can improve my strength bit by bit.
    I think that being aware of one’s motivators and triggers to lapsing is key and it sounds like you have got a real insight into what works for you. And well done on resisting the pasta and the expectation that goes with these kind of events. Very strong! You did what was right, not what was easy.

• posted by LindaA
    on

Thank you BissellπŸ˜€ You are so right!
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

I agree about the need to have another project.

OH and I are researching all sorts of recipes which have come out of BSD discoveries. I found chillis and curry and many spices were so delicious along the way so we are exploring Indian cookery and revitalised our spice drawer ( you know, the one with 5 year old jars in). I am planning on creating my own homemade dhansak, which is my go-to takeaway dish. Have bought mustard oil on the net which makes the flavour very authentic.

Also started grinding our own coffee beans as we have really enjoyed our morning coffee. Still in experimental stages with that and glad to have scales conveniently to hand as we try to convert bean quantities from well-established ground quantities.

But whether you’re like Izzy with her extra energy and enthusiasm for her craft projects, or someone who’s always wanted to do more exercise and now feels able to do classes, or start running or swimming without so much struggle and embarrassment, I think we should all consider what we can use our BSD gains of aliveness to do to enhance our lives.

Given OH and I are now up at 6.30 each morning even at weekends, we’ve gained extra hours too!

• posted by Bissell
    on

Hear, hear Igorasusual, well said. I’ve just noticed I have a site called “8 moves to get a bangin’ booty” open on my iPad! Never in a million years would I have been looking at that 4 months ago! (Still don’t think I will get said bangin’ booty, but never mind)

I’m planning a meal for friends later this week (I bet they are dreading what I am going to serve them) and have been revisiting Diana Henry’s book ” a change of appetite”. Some really good recipes and others that can be adapted to LCHF.

Glad to hear about the extra hours too!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Morning everyone.

I agree about the feeling of anticlimax. I hit target weight this morning, and that’s exactly how I’m feeling.

Yes, I’m happy to have lost 6st 7lb, now weighing 9st 7lb. But having put so much effort into this since 19th December, part of me is thinking ‘OK, what now?’

But I know this is now the beginning of a new stage in my journey. I’ll start my ‘maintenance’ notebook next Saturday (official weigh day) and spend some time thinking about what I want to do now.

I’ve had many problems looking for new clothes, partly because I am only 5ft 1in, so I may devide to start making my own again. Or start using my craft supplies. Or ……. !

One thing I do know is that I’ll continue to post on here. It keeps me accountable. When we go to the major slimming clubs we get whatever ‘rewards’ they use along the way, and one gives (or gave) a key-ring on reaching goal (I never got one!). With the BSD the reward is the weight loss itself, combined with all the health benefits. But having been indoctrinated with the reward system of the slimming clubs it can be difficult to change that mindset. But the clubs, even with their rewards, didn’t get me to target, whereas the BSD has. The support on here is amazing. So thanks to everyone who has supported me an my journey, and is still supporting me. πŸ˜ƒπŸ’

• posted by Verano
    on

Well done captainlynne!!!! Fantastic achievement!!!! Now just ‘live the life’!!!!!

You’re probably having problems on the clothes front because you still have your ‘old heavy self head on’. As with BSD where it takes time for your body to adjust to low carbs it will take you time to adjust to your new shape! Why don’t you just keep trying different styles on in the shops and I’m sure it will be no time at all before you realise that you actually can wear all sorts of clothes that you would never have even looked at back in December.

Good luck on the clothes front and wit your maintenance.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks Verano

I agree about the clothes mindset. Plus I’Ve posted a while ago about having my mother fitting on my shoulder whispering in my ear. Along the lines of ‘mutton dressed as lamb’, ‘you can’t wear green or black’ etc, etc.

Through the advice and support on here I spent hours while I was in York looking in all the clothes shops I could find. Years ago I had my colours done – I’m a ‘winter’. Most of the clothes at the moment are ‘summer’ colours. I’ve even ordered lots of clothes from a catalogue so I can try them at home. Bought some, returned lots.

I ordered a skirt and when it arrived I loved it. Until I tried it on. It looked great, but It was nearly ground level and I could just see myself catching my heel in the harm and the skirt (elasticated waist) slipping off. Not a pretty sight😱 I did think about shortening it, but decided it would only spoil the skirt πŸ˜₯ so with great reluctance I returned it – they only do the one length so I couldn’t order a shorter one!

I wish more clothes shops stocked ‘petite’ ranges. Just read an article today about ‘petite’ ladies shopping in teenager ranges in various shops. I did know that, but I’d forgotten!

I really need to get past the various ‘hang ups’ I have about clothes, and it will take time. Time I just don’t have at the moment. But at least I’ve discovered jeans!πŸ˜ƒ

Please log in or register to post a reply.