Target weight

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

CaptainMarvel Many congratulations. You look so good in the pics. I am sure there must be shops with petite sizes. Even we have them down here.
    Thank you also for your constant wisdom and encouragement. I hope to post on this thread in a few months, and all you successful bsders on here are keeping me going

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi ruthdownunder.

Thanks.

I’ll have to go back to a big city for shopping! I was out yesterday and realised that the stores in the nearest (small) city had lots of trousers. And ‘student’ clothes (Durham has an excellent university), but I wanted a skirt (lived in comfortable trousers for many years) and a cardigan that doesn’t come down to my knees 😱 And the stores that do have ‘petite’ ranges are few & far between with a tiny selection 😒

Oh well, any excuse for a trip to a big city LOL.

• posted by stringbreaker
    on

STOP PRESS ! πŸ™‚

The brand-new “8-Week blood sugar diet recipe book” has just thudded onto our doormat. (Pre-ordered via Amazon)

Loads and loads of great new recipes.

We even get a mention – there is a section (pertinent to this thread) on p23 headed “What do I do once I have achieved my goals” which has the following footnote:

“*For more advice and support we recommend you join the active and well-informed community at thebloodsugardiet.com”

Thats us, folks.

I’m particularly looking forward to the “Hungarian Goulash” p140

Eat on!

John

• posted by Frog
    on

Enjoy πŸ™‚

• posted by LindaA
    on

Just thought I’d checked in with my 1st of the month weigh in.
    Starting weight was 89.9kg
    Target weight was 63kg
    Current weight is 60.8kg!
    Seems I’m a maintenance loser as I’m still losing!!
    I’m still walking every day and following the principles of the plan, just trying to up my good fat quantities to increase the calories.
    Guess I’ll have to up them a bit moreπŸ˜€
    How’s everyone else going?
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Bissell
    on

A pinch and a punch, it’s the first of the month! How can it possibly be October? Anyway, maintenance weigh in time and I’m 67.9kg, so that’s about 0.8kg less than last month, so really pleased with that. At the risk of sounding smug, I’ve had no real struggles: I’m sticking to LCHF principles and trying to avoid snacking. I seem to get away with eating quite a bit of cheese! Oh and I’ve chucked out so many clothes that I’ve realised I’m going on a date today ( another unintended consequence) it’s chucking it down with rain, and I’ve NOTHING suitable to wear. Oh well, I will just have to dazzle him with my smile instead.
    How is everyone else doing? Best wishes all. And keep at it, all you new folk, it WILL work if you stick to it.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

I was away on 1st September, but a few days before I weighed 9.10 and a few days after it was 9.8. Today I weigh 9st 3lb. That’s a pound up from last Saturday but down overall in the month.

Yesterday was a strange day. A MacMillan Coffee Morning at church raised over Β£100. No, I did not eat any cake! My purchase was some jam and marmalade for my family. Then I was too busy to eat until late last night😱 So I was expecting the scales to show that this morning. But …..I am still 4 pounds under my original target πŸ˜ƒ And my clothes are loose again. My poor wardrobe is nearly empty again.

• posted by ruthdownunder
    on

Bissell, having nothing to wear will probably dazzle him a lot!
    R(::

Lynne, I would like your clothes problem

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Ruth – it could get me into trouble! My skirt could slip right down – not a pretty sight😱

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Morning all! Or whatever time it is where you are!

My weight this morning was 123.2 lbs which is about 0.5 lb above my final BSD target.

However at one point this week I was on 122 point something and it oscillates around 122 and 123.

Found another pair of trousers yesterday which are really too loose round the waist. But generally it’s not the trousers – always bought 27″ jeans and M in Zara so they’re just much more comfortable everywhere now (for new I am in S and 26″) – it’s the shirts and jackets which are excessively roomy.

Some are workable but the more tailored styles look like there should be two of us in there. Oh dear, most expensive of all to replace.

Had hair cut yesterday and hairdresser said “wow, lot less of you! Don’t lose any MORE weight” which I’ve said before is so discouraging. Too slow for follow up on my part but have concluded next time I’ll say “I’m really really happy the way I am – but you obviously think I’m too slim, then?” Just to see what the response is.

On other hand the girl washing my hair wanted all the BSD details. πŸ˜‰

So great to see all the new starters here, isn’t it – I am inspired as I read πŸ™‚

• posted by Bissell
    on

Ruth, I don’t think he’s that desperate! πŸ˜€

• posted by Norfolkgal
    on

Hi
    I feel I am getting towards the time when I need to decide my target weight. I am 5ft 7in, and had previously lost a few pounds on 5:2 but seemed to be stuck at 11st 2lb. Since starting BSD just over 3 weeks ago I have lost steadily and today weigh in at 10st 4lb! I think I am aiming at 9st 7lb, which I haven’t been since before I had kids (my daughter is now 28). I think this is do-able within the 8 weeks. I am loving the food, and have the new book ordered, should be here next week.
    Now off to grill some smoked mackerel for lunch – yum!

• posted by Purplespice
    on

Hi everyone,
    I ‘ started’ the BSD yesterday but couldn’t face the scales. Today I did. I’m 4ft 11inches – approx 149 cms with a medium frame. My target weight is 52 kg. I was 65.9kg this morning before any food/ drink. Long way to go- It is good to read other people’s continuing successes.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Welcome Purplespice and we’ll done fir facing the scales!!

So I calculate you are aiming for 14kg loss, which is 30lb. And I am pleased to tell you my 26 lb loss took me 9 weeks – so you are absolutely in the ball park of achievable! πŸ™‚

Measure – use clothes if you like to judge- don’t worry too much about weight plateaus
    Drink, drink, drink, drink
    Count carbs as well as calories and if you can do 50g or less of “good” carbs per day, that will help
    Plan and use an app to record and help
    Weigh your food
    Try lots of different food – your tastes will change
    Add salt and especially if you feel lightheaded

And GO FOR IT!!!! You can do it

Let us know how you go πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Well done to all of you for doing so well on maintenance. It is very inspiring to know that you have seamlessly moved from the weight loss phase to maintenance and instead of immediately putting the weight back on you have either stayed on target or have even dropped below target.

My start weight was 12stone 3 3/4lbs. Target was 10 stone 7lbs. I am now 10stone 3 3/4lbs and clearly at 5′ 6″ do need to lower my target to 9stone something – maybe 9stone 10lb.

So that is what I will aim for and adjust lower if I need to. So thank all of you on maintenance for leading the way. It is so much easier to follow in your footsteps rather than try to make my way on my own. I feel very emotional tonight – I looked in the mirror today and hardly recognized the person looking back at me with a waist smaller than it has ever been since I had my children in my late 20s – I am 68 now.

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hey all!
    I’ve been out of touch for a few weeks as I was traveling but stayed on the program. Hope all is well with everyone!
    Lost another inch this week although no weight but am still down 85 lbs total and just finished 21 weeks.
    Still have farther to go!!
    I joined a Facebook group for 800bsd but they blocked me today after I asked if they were affiliate with Michael and the book – when they said no I suggested they honor the link to this website and the forums. So they blocked me.
    Be careful – seems there are some FB groups out there seeming to be connected although they aren’t really.
    Wishing you all the best!

• posted by Frog
    on

hi Happy Life
    nice to see you back – not blacklisted here!
    wow – 85lb is SIX STONE!!! that’s amazing, well done

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Thanks Frog, great to see you! Hope things are well and going great!!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi HappyLife *waves*

Welcome back. Congratulations on the weight loss so farπŸ˜ƒπŸ’

Earlier this year some of us joined a Facebook BSD group but left very quickly. Interestingly, of the five women featured in the Daily Mail article last Saturday, four of them knew each other from one online group – I think it was on Facebook. I have to say that the two I met were a little ‘sniffy’ when they heard I was from this forum 😱😒

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Oh Lynne. Why would anybody be “sniffy” about ANY forum which tries to support others? Which this does, in spades.

Humans are odd in dividing into cliques and clans, aren’t they. πŸ™

• posted by Norfolkgal
    on

I have just liked what I believe to be the official Facebook page ‘the blood sugar diet’, and found a link to the mail articles. Such brilliant before and after pics – you all look amazing!

• posted by HappyLife
    on

Hi Lynne! Congrats on your great job you’ve done!
    Yes the two women were very snip pity and seeing what you wrote confirms to me they started it without approval of this site it seems. I have informed this site as they have made several FB groups which look official but I don’t feel they are since they aren’t tied to this site and forum. I hope they aren’t making money selling his book but they quickly end conversations with people on his actual site and forum.

I need to create my next target. I will be having surgery on the 19th and would like to lose another 5lbs by then so I guess that’s going to be my new target! Ha I figured one out right now!

Big thanks to you, and all of you, for being such great motivators and letting us share without judgement and rude comments.

It’s the best😍

• posted by HappyLife
    on

There isn’t an official FB group that I am aware of it seems. Ask the leaders if they are affiliated with Michael’s site or forum. If they say “no” then you decide moving forward. For me I prefer they be ethical and they wouldn’t even let me put a link to Michaels true site and forums and blocked me right away when I said they should honor his actual site.
    🌷

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

I have found the official blood sugar diet page on FB, it is the one which has the title The Blood Sugar Diet and all the posts are from the BSD team with people commenting, it is not a group of women although there are several other bsd site on facebook which appear to be just anyone doing it. Not had time to look at them yet.

• posted by LainieUK
    on

I joined and left that facebook (the one that isn’t the official page) very quickly. I still follow the official page. Someone got on their high horse when I said I was starting a second 8 week stint and pointed me to their pinned posts. I had to laugh – they clearly have self appointed themselves and are attempting to make Michael M’s easy approach into something with rules and regulations. The beauty of this plan is how simple it is to understand and as I doubt none of them are professionally qualified nutritionists, their opinions are worth diddly squat.

This forum is so much more in tune with MM’s approach.

On a more positive note, I’m pleased to say that I’ve just finished my first 8 weeks and lost 26lbs. (17st 12.6 – 16st 0.6). I feel fabulous. I had one reading of elevated blood sugar suggesting pre-diabetes, which got me going on this plan. Since then my blood sugar is back into the healthy range. I am eating so much better, having really great tasting food and never feel hungry. My low level depression has completely gone and I can get into my size 20 smart jeans and fitted navy suit. I know size 20 is still large, but compared to what I was wearing at 20 stone, it feels small!

I couldn’t have achieved this without MM’s BSD, this forum, the online food tracker I use and my very supportive husband. Oh and photos have really helped – my face has slimmed down so much.

I REALLY wish I’d come across this approach earlier in the year. I watch all MM’s programmes but somehow missed the BSD 800 calorie/8 week plan. Just glad I found it when I did!

The future feels very bright!

Elaine xx

• posted by Frog
    on

whew – nearly two stone in 8 weeks – you must feel really proud!

I didn’t see the original Trust me I’m a Doctor program – I wonder whether there’d be any benefit from lobbying the BBC to make it permanently available on iPlayer? – and/or to screen the original program again.

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Well I have just search FB and found an unofficial site and guess what, I’m on it. No, I have never been on it, never even heard of it BUT when I posted on my page that I was jumping around after getting my HBA1c results and so happy to be on the BSD, they nicked it. Bloody cheek. I can of here an hour or so ago just after my earlier post to talk to my daughter on Skype and told her, she said Mum if you Google yourself you will poo your pants, the things people can find out about you. Yeah, I know, the internet is the devil but what can we do.

Anyway, this led me to an Australian site and a TV programme called Saving Australia and it is about 3 diabetics and 3 diets, one of course is BSD. Another is carbs from fruit and veg and another is a doctor saying you must eat bread and cereal or where else will you get energy from. Oh dear. Anyway, shows the internet is useful too. Sorry to hijack the Target Weight posts but someone did ask about this.

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Sunshine Girl
    I am on facebook, from when I needed to be for an arts project, but haven’t really used it to post anything to ever – I’ve just never really got why I’d want to be that ‘public’ with anything – with no degree of anonymity as one gets here. Can you get them to remove it?

• posted by Bissell
    on

How can it possibly be 1st November already? Last time I looked I am sure it was July!
    Pooped back in for my monthly report and am happy to say I’m 68kg, so 100g more than last month. I can cope with that! I’ve fluctuated up and down about a kg this month, but stayed pretty constant. Still not counting calories, avoiding any obvious carbs, drinking lots of water and doing over 10k steps (most) days. And feeling good. The dating didn’t work out (a lucky escape, I think) but feeling really positive.
    How is everyone else? What will be the go to recipes now winter is on its way? Apparently. It was t shirt weather here in South Wales yesterday!

• posted by Bissell
    on

‘Popped’ is what I meant to write! Although reading some of the other posts, maybe pooped is something to be celebrated too! πŸ˜€

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Good Morning all and pinch punch, first of the month, no returns of anything!

Weighed in this morning at bang on 123 lbs, 1 lb above my final BSD weight which was designed to give me “wiggle room” below 9 stone. Weight goes up and down between 122 and 125 lbs.

Maintenance means I mostly don’t eat before midday or later (apart from coffee where I am aware of the milk content of my flat white/cortado/white coffee – depending where I am). So keep that longish gap before eating.

Then I am still not bothered about eating bread/rice/potatoes and continue to keep carbs lowish, often under 50g per day whilst calories up to 1600 (correct for me)

Steps averaging 15000 per day – great business day in London last week where I managed 11 miles between meetings in different parts of town! Had comfy trainers on (hooray for “athleisure” trend).

Also must recommend new Pret a Manger Breakfast pots, which are beans, sausage and a poached egg (without sausage available for veggies) – warming, yummy, and 6g of carb.

I hope you are all going well and continuing to enjoy improved health and happiness.

Have a great day, everyone!

BTW other half still has Type 2 in remission and is gradually coming off other pills too, although suffering awful side-effects from withdrawing tablet which it is now clear he should never have been prescribed πŸ™

• posted by Frog
    on

Hi Igor
    target weight – whew hew – congratulations, that’s brilliant.
    Leon do really good breakfast pots too – poached egg with a variety of options – my favorite is ham hock, but also salmon, chorizo, beans…

And Bissell, congratulations on maintenance too.

I weighed yesterday (not deliberately doing maintenance, but had kind of slipped into it) and thought I had put on nearly a kilo, but temporary blip, as I am 0.7 kilo less today – and the same as six weeks ago.
    As someone wrote on another thread, losing weight, but the same kilos over and over again!

Big push for the almost 8 weeks to Christmas!

• posted by LindaA
    on

My 1st of the month weigh in!
    Last month I was 60.7kg (target weight was 63kg), today I weighed in at 58.3kg so still losing. I figure my body will find its optimal weight, but I’m going to have to be careful as my BMI is now 20.7. Under 20 and I’ll be underweight 😬.

Tonight’s dinner was an Atlantic Salmon fillet, a massive salad including goats feta, avocado, pumpkin and haloumi fried in butter and about a tablespoon of olive oil and a bowl of full fat Greek yoghurt with almonds for dessert, so it’s not like I’m not eating enough!

Lunch was chicken with salad and breakfast was rolled oats with strawberries, blueberries and Greek yoghurt.

An interesting problem to have!
    How’s everyone else going?
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Norfolkgal
    on

I am now into Week 8 and weighed in yesterday at 10st exactly. So weight loss has slowed down, but still 1 or 2 lbs per week. I am happy with that especially as my daughter is still here visiting from Australia so we have been out to eat a few times, and had the occasional bottle of wine. My BMI today works out at 21.9, so well within the healthy range but I would like to lose another 7lbs. I intend to carry on, not worrying too much about exact calories and carb counts. Sticking to the principles of BSD seems to work for me.

Daughter is off back to Aus on Thursday so I will have no excuses after that, mind you she has been enjoying the food and has lost a few pounds herself. I shall miss her loads, but will look forward to going to visit maybe in a year or so.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Morning all!

I hope you are all somewhere warm. But frosty on Oxford station this morning.

Pinch, punch etc

Weighed in this morning at 123lbs again. Earlier this week was also 121lbs, the lowest I’ve been since starting this way of eating in May – not quite sure why.

Have had evenings out and wine but swerved the roasties with a recent hotel Xmas dinner (not much loss) but ate the (small) Xmas pud.

Generally when in doubt I have meals with good protein and good carbs but I think all carbs are well below 100g per day, prob 50g.

No bread or rice or potatoes.

Feeling great, still – am fitting into size 8 which is wonderful.

I do hope everyone is going well and has found a maintenance regime that works for them. Always room for a treat – swigs welcome flat white (no sugar) – but moderation is what keeps us all on track!

Happy Christmas to all – will still be aiming for my (never yet achieved) target of cooking “too many roast potatoes” for the family on 25th December

• posted by LindaA
    on

Evening all from hot and sunny Sydney!

Weighed in at 57.3kg, right within my target of between 56-58kg. This gives me a total loss at the moment of 32.6kgπŸ˜€

Still feeling happy with this WOE, still haven’t had any simple carbs or added sugar to speak of and I’ve now worked out how much fat I need to eat to keep my weight stable.

Hope everyone else is doing well.
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by Bissell
    on

Morning everyone from frosty South Wales. I am late on parade as couldn’t weigh in yesterday but here now for my monthly declaration. 68.6kg today, which is 600g up on last month. It feels a lot more in terms of disappointment, which is stupid really. Still, 600g is 600g and I don’t want this to be the beginning of a slippery slope, especially with the almost inevitable blip of Christmas coming. So, stern note to self:
    Keep drinking water (even though it comes out of the tap blooming freezing)
    Keep up the 10k steps (even when the dog is giving me evils and shivering)
    Three meals a day and NO SNACKS!
    PORTION CONTROL!!!!
    Oh, and enjoy Christmas!
    I was going to say “Good Luck everyone” but luck has nothing to do with it, does it? It’s all under our control.
    Nadolig Llawen!

• posted by MortenOsloNorway
    on

Hi LindaA,

A weight loss of 32.6kg down to 57.3kg is a 36% weight reduction! What a great job you have done πŸ™‚

• posted by captainlynne
    on

After reaching my original target weight of 9st 7lbs (top of my healthy BMI) I decided to keep going. Next goal was 9st (meaning a total weight loss of 7st or 98’pounds). But that was only 2 pounds away from 100, which became the next target!

Currently I weigh 8st 9lbs, occasionally going to 8.8. My lowest adult weight ever was 8.7 (after I had been ill, so stressed I couldn’t eat). So my total weight loss today is 103 pounds.

I’m still keeping low carb but slowly increasing calories. Not stressing too much about the weight, but still weighing daily to keep things under control. And still writing everything down.

The bottom of my healthy BMI is 7 stone, which is far too low for me. If I lose another few pounds, that’s ok. If I stay where I am, that’s ok.

• posted by MortenOsloNorway
    on

I am simply amazed by some of the accounts I read at this forum. I thought – and still thinks! – that LindaA had done a great job reducing her weight by 36%, but I now read that captainlynne has reduced her weight from 16 stone to 8 st 9lbs – that is more than 45%!! Respect! πŸ™‚

• posted by LindaA
    on

Hi MortenOsloNorway
    Thank you so much for your kind words, Lynne is indeed the super champion of the BSD, not least for her weight loss, but also for her persistence and dedication!πŸ˜€πŸ‘
    How is your journey going?
    Cheers
    Linda

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Thanks *blush*

I’m thinking how to proceed after my first BSD anniversary on 19th December.

I’ll still be following the low carb eating, I know that. And being careful with portion sizes. And writing everything down.

Throughout my journey I’ve started many threads on here, the most recent being started when I reached my target weight on 13th September. I’m thinking of starting a new thread on my anniversary. Posting does help me keep my focus.

• posted by Bissell
    on

Just reviving this old thread to report in my monthly results, as I promised myself I would.
    153.4 lbs today, so I’ve lost the few I put on over Christmas and maintained the Dec 1st weight. 10 k steps have faltered for the last few days, but keeping up the 1000 mile challenge overall. BM’s all good. Daughter starting BSD today with great enthusiasm, so will be pleased to will her on.
    All is well. Nothing earth shattering, just consistency. Which, after 6 months, is earth shattering in itself, I suppose.
    Hope everyone is well.

• posted by LindaA
    on

I’m still good on maintenance. Weighed in this morning at 57.8kg, right in my target goal if 56-58kg.
    I’m still walking an average of 10,000 steps all days, had to take it easy over the last few weeks, our summer had been the hottest on record and it is foolish to walk when it’s 35 deg c +!

• posted by Bissell
    on

That’s a great result LindaA, I bet you are pleased!
    Wow, 35 degrees plus! That sounds horrendous to my softy Welsh ears! I wouldn’t be able to move at all. My problem(excuse) has been the torrential rain has turned everything into a quagmire. I ended up on my backside yesterday in a sea of mud, surrounded by disdainful bullocks. I’m sure I could hear them sniggering.
    Good luck in the heat!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

More non-Earth shattering news. Cold and wet here so what’s been happening weight-wise?

I’ve been maintaining within a few pounds of 8st 7lb since 13th December. Unheard of for me as once I’ve lost weight in the past it’s always gone back on quickly.

At 8st 7lb that’s a total of 7st 7lb lost on the BSD. And 8st 7lb was my lowest ever adult weight.

Today I weigh 8st 5lb. Bounces off to do happy dance.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Pretty earth (or me anyway, I doubt it will make the papers) shattering news from me this morning. On the two year anniversary weigh in of the day I got on the scales and realised how much weight I’d piled on I have made my target weight (almost, if you’re being picky, I have decided to accept it). 10 stone 11.4 pounds, so eight stone off in two years. Wooooohoooo. Happy dancing is on the agenda all day. Congratulations to all losers, maintainers and those trying to get back on the wagon after a period of running along behind. It is the best thing that ever happened to me discovering this WOE.

• posted by Natalie
    on

That is amazing Captainlynne and Mixnmatch, you give us all hope! And I have my butt firmly wedged back on the wagon now.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Hi all

Got these email reminders when I’d already got dressed – so whipped off my socks for a quick clothed weigh-in.

Including Jeans and a jumper I’m 122lb. What do you reckon, 121 in the buff?

My original target was 126lbs, then I pushed lower to give myself wiggle room. I usually range between 120 at lowest to 123, but have never got back to the 126.

Still keeping carbs low but I think main win has been via the fasting – rarely eat before lunchtime now if you exclude my two coffees with full fat milk (not cappuccinos though!) in the morning.

Lovely to see the old hands popping up – good luck to all!

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Great results everyone.

I think perhaps one reason us oldtimers don’t post often (or disappear altogether) is because it just doesn’t feel right to keep posting the same thing all the time.

When we lose weight it’s great to post the losses. Any gains? Post for support/advice. But maintaining? Part of me thinks it can sound like boasting – “see what I’ve done” etc. But another part of me thinks it can be helpful for those approaching maintenance to see that it is possible to maintain. So many of us have previously lost, then regained, weight that nearing maintenance can feel threatening.

At the moment what I eat is automatically BSD friendly. And I say “no” without thinking if offered carbs anywhere. But that is today. Each day it can become easier, and less likely for me to go completely off the rails. Perhaps in the future I’ll not even need to record my food intake. I’ll have to wait and see. It’s a bit of a comfort blanket for now. Perhaps I should start recording every alternate day and see what happens!

Bye for now. *waves*

Please log in or register to post a reply.