Taking the leap

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by FabEllie
    on

Hi All, today is the day I start the BSD800 in earnest. I’ve spent the last 2 weeks using up whatever is left in the cupboards, tried some of the recipes in the book, cut out rice/pasta/spuds etc and was feeling good because my clothes have already been feeling loser.

Hopped on the scales for my first weigh in this morning and was horrified to find I’m 1 stone heavier than I thought I was 🙁

Never mind, I’ll just have to deal with it.

Me and hubby were planning on following the 4 week menu suggestion in the book. I logged into MFP to enter the first few recipes only to find the cals don’t match up – by quite a lot. I’ve tweaked the quantities to keep the cals around 800 but was wondering how others have approached this issue. So far I have enjoyed the recipes I’ve followed without worrying about the cals but don’t want to waste the next 8 weeks effort by exceeding on a daily basis.

Anyway, as it’s the weekend we are doing brunch and dinner. I can’t’ wait to have a go at my cheesy baked beans on mushrooms!

Good luck to everyone here on the forums 🙂

• posted by Izzy
    on

it’s been mentioned a lot that the calorie counts are not accurate, most of us make up our own menu’s and count it up before cooking so we know what we are having. There are some great recipes in the recipe section here as well as many other sites online.

Good luck to you both and don’t worry about your current weight. Stick to the BSD principles and it’s the last time you will see that number.

• posted by caroline.l
    on

Hi..it seems there are lots of comments about the differences between the book(which is how i started) and MFP. Ive done about ten days now and it wasnt really until i embraced MFP properly that I had a handle on it all. The app is excellent and seems to have so many listed foods, eg if you type in the pea and spinach omlette into MFP it even offers you the BSD recipie to select. Its all a bit time consuming, but I have found it better that the BSD book in terms of actual carbs/calories. So on that note I would say the way I do it is to get my food idea from the book then check it with MFP and ammend quantities as i need to , again for an e.g I only had one egg in stead of two.( hope this makes sense)
    Also very useful is the Diet Dr website, its a bit american but its a great visual aid and has recipies…good luck and BTW the cheesy beans are fabulous.

Please log in or register to post a reply.