Sugar cravings

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by NatasaZ
    on

I have only started the BSD and all is going well except that I am suffering major sugar cravings. It doesn’t help that I am in that lovely time of the month when all I want is chocolate. I caved today and ate some and now feel awful. Ashamed. This is what drug addicts must feel like. I must do well tomorrow and not touch the junk.

How have you deal with this phase? Any tips?

Thank you.

• posted by SunnyB
    on

Hey NatasaZ – firstly, stop beating yourself up, it’s counterproductive and makes you more likely to say ‘I messed up already, what’s the point in continuing’. We ALL slip up from time to time, secret is to forgive yourself, refocus and get back on track NOW.

It’s really hard to kick sugar if you have been a long time devotee. Some people find the body’s rebellion greater than others. If yours is demanding carbs, it’s hard to say no, but as you progress with your BSD journey, it will get easier.

You didn’t say what you had, but remember you can have a square or two of dark choc on the BSD. Try keeping some permitted snacky things around for times when you crave something extra – nuts, full fat natural yogurt, berries. Sometimes, if I’m craving something sweet (doesn’t often happen now) I’ll have a couple of table spoons of yogurt with quarter teaspoon of honey stirred through it, but soon you will find you rarely have sugar cravings for something sweet. The pallet changes with BSD and eventually the appeal of sugar diminishes drastically.

Good luck with it, I’m sure your will be posting great results soon.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

Some people recommend a small amount of peanut butter on a spoon as well, seems to be worth a try, I usually go for the dark choc option or a small number of cocoa nibs if you like them.

• posted by NatasaZ
    on

Thank you for your encouragement. I feel better today, resolved to not touch the bad stuff today.

I ate a lot of chocolate, basically. I have bought it for the kids but ate the whole thing myself after they were tucked in bed and couldn’t see me. It now feels like a moment of lunacy, I was completely out of control. I think it will take me a bit to get rid of this addiction.

So peanut butter is ok? I have a jar of it, with no added sugar.

• posted by shalimar
    on

NatasaZ check the calories and carbs per serving on the peanut butter jar and i you can or want to add them to your diet go for it.

p.s. sugar has no satiety cue for your body … it just makes you want more and more and more.
    p.p.s. your brain doesn’t like sugar but it does like natural unprocessed fat!

๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

i have been watching tons of videos trying to educate myself on this stuff. Very interesting but scary since i am a sugar/carb addict.

Please log in or register to post a reply.