Stuck 2nd Week

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Scandigirl
    on

The first week was great. Lost 8 lbs, 1 1/2 inches of my waist and my blood sugars are now very close to normal. I haven’t lost a lb this week but did lose another 1 1/2 in my waist. Not complaining because my blood sugars are great but is it common to have a plateau on your second week?

• posted by Natalie
    on

Yes it’s happened to a lot of people! I would say that is the most asked question on the forums lol. I know it’s frustrating but just keep going and you will start to lose again.

• posted by Scandigirl
    on

Thanks Natalie I just wanted to make sure I was not doing anything wrong.

• posted by Aussiechick88
    on

Hey !
    Today was weigh in for end of week two and I did not loose any thing either !
    I lost big numbers the first week 4.5 kg gone and then nothing. I think it’s what they call an early plateau ! It’s so unfair haha !!! definitely sticking to this life style change because it’s a lot better than where I was heading !
    Well done on your amazing weight loss for week 1 ! Keep going strong !!

• posted by JCH187
    on

I lost 7lbs on my first week and nothing so far on week 2, I’m pleased to read this isn’t unusual!

on

Hi just wanted to edit my previous post ; I ended up having a woosh the next morning and lost weight again so the plateau had been broken ! Do not despair as it is extremely common to go a while without loosing weight and then bam , the weight disappears again xx

• posted by Scandigirl
    on

Finally got off my plateau this week. Down 12 lbs in three weeks but the best part is my blood sugar is almost normal. Amazing what can happen in three weeks. We are all in this together.

on

Scandigirl ;
    Congratulations for not giving up and keeping on going !! That is absolutely wonderful to hear not only about there being so much less of you now but your blood sugar too ! Well done !! Keep it up ; you and every one on here are so inspiring and it’s so nice to be apart of this journey with you all 🙂

• posted by Frog
    on

Me too ! I lost a lot in the first three days, but ever since (I’ve just finished week two) I’ve been see-sawing around the same weight – but my trousers are lots looser, and I’m wearing tops that were previously too tight.
    I was away for a week, but the friend I was staying with was great at cooking without carbs. We ate out on my birthday, and I did have a roast potato and a glass of wine, but the day overall was around 100 calories and within 50g of carbs, so not wildly excessive.
    I’m not overly concerned, but it is frustrating,

• posted by Scandigirl
    on

I think we just have to patient because if we continue to eat this way the weight will have to come off. We didn’t gain weight over night and we want lose it over night. It is slow but steady. The weight might be slow but the health benefits are fast and that is what’s important.

Please log in or register to post a reply.