'Strictly' our last 4 in 2016 … Nov 22nd … let's go out on a high!!

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Glad to see the sleigh is still dashing through the [insert weather as applicable]

Back from a week in the US with no loss, despite the best efforts of the client (for whom the terms ‘restaurant’ and ‘Sports Bar’ are synonyms) and American Airlines. However, an inch off the waist, so I am counting this as a major win!

Still 2-3lbs to go for my target of being 18 stone-something by Christmas, so it’s back on the Fage and berries for breakie and brussels and bacon for lunch.

Bit of work to finish off this morning then a good long walk in the cold fresh air this PM.

Good luck everyone.

• posted by Butterlover
    on

Hi To Everyone,so to update on my Christmas party on Saturday.I was a bit more disorganized than usual which resulted to another dash to the shops on Saturday for extra gifts and forgotten food items,I felt really stressed so an almond croissant with a latte did the trick,rushed about with decorating the house and finally cleaning stuff. turkey. Ham and fish were all prepped on Friday,so only starters ,side dishes and desserts to do on the day,All was on track till the guests txt to say they are coming 1 hour early because they were in my area and too far to go home and come back, this sent me into a panic as my carefully calculated time plan went out the window.My daughter declared it wine o’clock to calm me done, as we busily rushed about the kitchen,the meat was cooked early and the vegies where not ready, the pavlova roll refused to roll and needed extra cream to be presentable.I forgot to serve the cheeses.Overall ,the guests seemed to have a good time and after3/4 wines, I only broke 1 glass and a mixing bowl and my son was kept occupied vacuuming broken glass in the Kitchen.I’m very clumsy after a few wines.My BSD friendly starter of smoked salmon with horseradish creme fraiche served with caviar and lavash or cucumber was a hit .I spent Sunday eating and lying around, My legs were really sore.So we can safely say that I went as far away from BSD as possible.Today my weight is up 1.5 kg but my BGL is Ok. Most of the food is gone, I’m not interested in the chocolates but the whisky fruit cake is my downfall. I think it will take at least 3 days to get passed the card flu,and Im planning some extra excercise latter in the week,Merry CHristmas

• posted by NickyH43
    on

Morning all,
    End of week 5 for me tomorrow and am definitely hoping for a loss. Would love it to be 3lbs but will have to wait and see.
    No breakfast this morning, salad for lunch and the stir fried beef with asparagus and sugar snap peas with Bare Naked Noodles for dinner.
    I’ve stuck to the plan like glue again this week so feeling good about everything.
    Most of the Christmas shopping finished this weekend with the 12,000 steps walked on Saturday hopefully helping.
    Good luck for everyone’s weigh in tomorrow morning.
    Weight loss wishes to all those who need them.
    Nicky

• posted by topcac
    on

Oh Butterlover you did make me smile – being a hostess is SO stressful – we really do put ourselves under pressure when it would probably be fine with all concerned if things weren’t 100% exactly as planned. Well done for getting through it and good luck getting back on the sleigh – come on!!

Thanks to Krysia and Carole for suggesting some ideas why I might have been feeling off on Friday. I’m fine now and I think it may have been a bit of low blood pressure and MAYBE low blood sugar on that particular day? I did have a few symptoms of a hypo – I’m not a diabetic so I googled it – probably a bad move.

Anyway, I’ve been fine over the weekend and my official weigh day is today and I’m another 1.5 pounds down. Actually lost 3 lbs this week but half of that was weight I put on last week! Just 2.5lbs to target! Need to seriously consider my maintenance plan!

So, have a good week all, I will check in as much as I can – love this thread – hoping this sleigh will carry us safely through to Christmas – giddy up Rudolph!

• posted by sunshine-girl
    on

Hi folks, just been to see my lovely doctor. He says I am perfect. What more can I ask for. According to his scales I have lost a further 2 kilos since my last appointment, slowly slowly does it. Don’t know if I have lost any weight this week but will wait until tomorrow to get weighed. I did ask him about my low blood sugars and did he think it better to reduce the insulin or the gliclizide, he said the insulin because I might eventually be able to stop it completely. That is my aim, even if I am still technically someone with diabetes, I want to be needle free.

One thing the doctor did ask was did I still eat biscotti – it is a French thing, you buy bread already toasted so it is like a biscuit, he claimed it was a complex carb due to the double cooking, so I suggested to him that it might still turn to sugar but I will have to do some research, I also told him I wanted 4mm needles instead of 8mm (they cause less tissue damage) and he said, no not possible, then he looked on his computer and said, oh you are right, and put them on my prescription. I told him I do my research, he asked whose diet I was following so I told him Prof Taylor and Dr Mosley. Hopefully he will do his research, but he is a pet and lets me get on with things.

After dropping the insulin by one unit last week my fasting BG is back down to 5.2 so will leave it there until further reduction in BG. Will check in tomorrow with my weight (not hopeful). Enjoy and new week everyone.

• posted by NickyH43
    on

Hi all,
    JulesMaigret – wow! You have done so well. Well done! Hope you enjoyed your walk, I’m getting out most lunchtimes for a walk and today it was cold but lovely and sunny.
    Sunshine-girl – Great news! That’s fantastic. Good luck for your weigh in tomorrow ๐Ÿ™‚
    Nicky

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Hi Sunshine-Girl

I can help – I have a bakery client which has a subsidiary that makes the biscotti/pains grilles in the red and white packets, as well as a number of own label. They use refined white flour of several grades and they aren’t really cooked twice, the second phase is more dehydration under heat with flash heat to give the colour. Even the “integral” versions are a blend of white and wholemeal/seeded flours as the white flour helps the finished product hold its shape and be less crumbly.

Personally, having endured them for six months every morning at breakfast whilst I studied in France, I find them an abomination in a country that has otherwise marvellous bread.

Wouldn’t it be good if applying heat would make simple carbs into complex ones?

Hot buttered Kingsmill as a complex carb!

on

Thanks Jules, I did tell him it still turned to simple sugars in the blood. The only time I have eaten them was when I was having a gastric and endoscopic examinations and had to eat a fibre free diet for 4 days, yes they are pretty vile.

My reason for asking was because when I did research it just came up with the Italian Biscotti which of course are sweet and contain nut, now they are delicious.

• posted by JulesMaigret
    on

Now you mention Italian biscotti, I’m off for an espresso, without any accompaniment!

• posted by tigs
    on

Morning all (starting from the other side of the globe), 10kg down in just over 10 weeks. Happy happy!! 3kg to go to hit top of healthy BMI but aiming for the middle so another 9-10kg to come off.

What I continue to pinch myself over though is how well I am sleeping. I love it. I have struggled with insomnia for years and years and since this new WOE I sleep soundly for 6 to 8 hours per night. If for that alone, the health benefits of sleeping well is an awesome win!

• posted by Busybee
    on

Another 1.5 pounds off for me. End of my 8 weeks and have lost one stone and 6 pounds No a great result, but considering I eat more than 800 cals and have had more than the odd drink over the weekend, I am happy. Lots of big birthday celebrations this week but I will try to keep in control as I don’t want to undo the good work.
    X B

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Verano your deconstructed egg mayo sandwich actually sounds rather yummy.

It looks like the looser clothes weren’t lying. Scales dropped down a little this morning – will wait until tomorrow to post the loss.

Maharani kitten, Angiebabe and Topcac – good news about your weight loss.

Sunshine-girl great news about your Drs appointment. I also feel that I am still someone with diabetes. I may be ‘ in remission’ and not on any meds or insulin but I can’t go back on the carbs and put the weight back on because the diabetes would just come straight back. But how wonderful that we can stay healthy on such a delicious and satisfying way of eating.

Tigs – I am sleeping so much better also. Which helps my energy levels during the day. Today I’m working from 9a.m. to 9p.m. with only 2 three-quarter hour breaks but I feel absolutely fine (can’t wait though until classes finish on Saturday for the Christmas vacation)

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi everyone

Sun just gone down here so checking my mails!!

Busybee ….. hey 20lbs 8 weeks sounds great to me!!!!

To our other losers so far this week well done too you too !!

Jules … didn’t you do well!!!

Sunshine … sounds all good!

Krysia … deconstructed egg mayo yesterday, tuna mayo today!!!! Tonight bolognese with cougetti, carrotinni, garlic and chilli! We’ll see!

Forgot the cold dry white with lunch … well I am on holiday!!!!

Look forward to our weigh in posts tomorrow.

Have a good night.

• posted by GingerbreadMama
    on

Aaagh! I need to seriously focus on the sleigh ride this evening as my stomach is really craving a carb hit. Don’t want to undo the good work of 3 weeks so far, or undermine my good choices earlier today – I was at a catered workshop with work, and avoided all the snacks at breaks and chose well (I think) from the lunch buffet. Aargh!

• posted by Nedds mum
    on

Hello one and all.

Have enjoyed reading all the comments this evening.
    Everybody is doing so well.

Haven’t weighed myself but do feel ‘lighter’ around my tum!

Day 5 completed. โœ…๐Ÿ™‚

Looking forward to completing week 1

Really enjoyed eating kale for first time yesterday. Kale soup was delicious. Does anyone have any tips for making Brussel sprouts tasty?

Thank you.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

Hi Nedds mum

Try slicing the sprouts then stir frying them. Can add bacon to them. I might try them with a strong cheese. Or even a cream and cheese sauce.

• posted by Esnecca
    on

They make a shockingly great slaw, which has the distinct of advantage of not needing to be cooked and being better after a day in the fridge.

Brussels Sprouts Slaw

2 tsp grainy mustard
    the juice of 1 lemon
    2 tblsp olive oil
    salt & pepper to taste
    1/2 a small red onion
    12 oz. brussels sprouts
    1/2 cup pecorino romano or parmesan

Whisk together the mustard, lemon, olive oil, salt and pepper until emulsified. Peel and cut the red onion in half through the stem and then slice crosswise into very thin half-moons. Add them to the dressing and toss thoroughly. Set them aside for at least an hour (I tend to wait two), or you can make them a day in advance and put them in fridge. Just be sure to take them out in time the next day so the dressing is room temperature.

Cut the tough stem ends off the brussels sprouts and remove any bruised outer leaves. Cut each sprout in half through the stem then slice thinly crosswise. Once sliced, put them in a bowl run your fingers through them to separate out the leaves.

Add the sprouts in with the onions and toss. Add the half cup of pecorino romano or parmesan (or a blend of both) and toss. Adjust for salt and pepper. It will last in the fridge for a week, getting tastier as it ages.

Serves four, 173 calories per serving, 6 grams net carbs, 3 of them sugar.

• posted by Nedds mum
    on

Fantastic. Thanks to both you.
    Will try tomorrow.

• posted by Daisiesmum
    on

Happy Tuesday everyone! Weigh-in day. I was delighted to find I have lost 2.8lb this week. It was week 5 for me and it leaves me with only 3lbs to my goal for this 8 weeks – so a very determined push is in order! My health and my energy levels continue to improve and I remain amazed by the changes in how I feel.

I have added unsweetened fruit teas to my go-to drinks list, this would have been completely unimaginable six weeks ago! I’m staggered by the changes in my taste buds! My new bvf (best vegetable friend) is previously despised brussel sprouts (steamed briefly then sauted in ghee).

Enjoy.

• posted by Verano
    on

DAY 1. …. WEEK 3!

Good morning everyone. Week 3 underway already! Has been pretty bad for me I have put back on 3 of the pounds I lost last week. But not to be deterred by that I am having to be realistic and make a new goal for this challenge. So for me I would be quite happy to stand still for the time being …. any loss for me at the moment will be a bonus!

Well done Daisiesmum! Keep doing what you’re doing because it’s working!

Hope you have all had a good week and the coming one is good for you too. For those of you like me who are just clinging on to the back of the sleigh just keep keeping on!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

The Brussels sprouts recipes sound really interesting. As a long term Brussels sprouts hater I am seriously thinking of buying some this week. My taste buds have also changed beyond recognition since BSD and I might just really like them.

Daisiesmum
    Congratulations on your 2.8lb weight loss this week and your increased feeling of well-being and higher energy levels. I love the fact that there are so many good things happening unseen inside our bodies now.

GingerbredMama – hope you were able to keep the carb monster safely locked up last night – especially since you did so well at the catered workshop.

Drum roll and happy dance – got on the scales this morning and have lost 1lb. So am now 9 stone 8.5lbs. My goal for the ‘strictly’ challenge is 9stone 7lbs which is exactly in the middle of my healthy BMI.

• posted by Mixnmatch
    on

My goal to be the same weight as I was last Tuesday within 3 pounds one way or the other has been met, just. I am exactly 3 pounds heavier than I was last week, but hopefully now fully transitioned back to an intermittent fasting pattern that is flexible enough to carry me to Christmas and into the new year either staying the same or losing weight slowly, before I decide whether I want to try to lose any more. To be honest the rebound was probably less than I expected, given a quite indulgent weekend by my current standards.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

My goal was to maintain and so far that is exactly what I am doing.

I’m wondering whether to go for the loss of another few pounds (no more than 8). That would take me to my lowest ever adult weight. But for now I am more than happy to maintain.

• posted by Inka13
    on

Hi Verano,
    I’m also standing still a bit ( damn those baguettes!) but you are right, there is nothing wrong with that for a bit and as you say, any loss will be a bonus. Good luck for the rest of the week, I’m sure things will start moving soon!
    Daisies mum, congrats, very inspiring.
    I’m also going to try Brussel sprouts tomorrow, loathed them as a child but they were treated do dreadfully, boiled until they were slush, but the slaw sounds incredible!

• posted by NickyH43
    on

Morning all,
    Sorry to be sad on what should be a happy day with a 2.5lbs loss this week but my cat passed away early this morning.
    I’m absolutely gutted, Bailey was a 17 year old Siamese and I shall miss him dearly.
    I’m pleased with the 2.5lbs loss but right now can’t get excited about it. Still puts me a long way from my 8 week target of 35lbs. Am at the end of week 5 and have lost 22lbs. Can’t see me doing 13lbs in 3 weeks some how.
    Glad to see others have lost or just as successfully maintained.
    I’m not going to eat today for fear of putting the wrong thing in my mouth (am definitely an emotional eater) and I really don’t want to revert to my old ways so best to steer clear I feel, for now at least.
    Weight loss wishes to all.
    Nicky

• posted by Verano
    on

NickyH so sorry to hear about Bailey. I had two cats that both lived long lives, mother and son, but it was very hard when I lost them within a year of each other. Just have a good cry and don’t stress about food.

You’ve lost 22lbs !!! In 5 !!!! weeks!!! That is brilliant. I really think that 35lbs wax probably a bit ambitious. Whatever you loss over the next three weeks you’ve done really well. Be positive!!!

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

I totally agree that there is nothing wrong with standing still for a bit. When I stand still it confirms to me that I will be able to do maintenance once I get to my target weight. It feels good to know this because I have been so spectacularly bad at it since 1965. So they feel like little practice sessions at maintenance – and for me to succeed at maintenance is a win of major proportions.

And then you also know that – even though the weight hasn’t dropped the good stuff is still going on unseen inside our bodies. Wouldn’t it have been wonderful though if we had before and after MRI scans of our liver and pancreas.

Captainlynne – well done on your successful maintenance. Once I get to 9.7 I will do the same and drop slowly lower until I am completely happy that I am at the right target weight for me. Professor Taylor does mention that some people need to be at the lower end of their healthy BMI. I think he said that everyone has a different tolerance level for how much fat they can store in their bodies before their pancreas stops working. That is the gist of what he said if I remember correctly.

• posted by Verano
    on

Well done Krysia !

Mixnmatch and Inka the important thing is that we are still here and posting and not giving in and blowing all the hard work! We will make it but it may just take a little longer. We just have to ‘never forget our goals’.

• posted by KrysiaD
    on

Nicky43
    Just seen your post about Bailey. It is so heartbreaking when we lose our beloved pets. I have a photo of a much loved Labrador that still brings tears to my eyes when I look at it.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Lynne

I guess the question is why? If you want to lose more to make you feel better fine but if it just to get to a ‘number’ then maybe not. You’re maintaining beautifully and are all ready lower than you’d hoped for. Maybe if you push yourself too hard it could have negative effects if you don’t make your new goal.

At the end of the day it’s your choice!!!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Well done DAISIESMUM and good luck all Strictly sleigh riders with yr weigh in
    I cant get weighed til this avvo ( at DDs)Never as good a result as a first thing weigh in but best i can do.i dont want to buy scales coz i know i wd get obsessed.
    Two weeks on the sleigh already! Time’s passing so fast! X
    So sorry NICKY to hear about Bailey..i feel for you X my DD has a Bengal,Ziggy Stardust,and we love him to pieces.
    Sending big hugs to you xxx

• posted by Peapod
    on

What amazing results folks ! You will all be on Santa’s ‘good’ list this year.
    To those of you who are struggling, you have my sympathy, keep going !
    Sorry to hear about Bailey Nicky, it’s always a great loss to the family when a pet has gone.
    I’m afraid I have slipped off the sleigh since the weekend. I am away from home for the week. It all started so well, had cashews and filter coffee on our 6 hour car journey instead of the usual croissant and cappuccino then after that most meals have been out of my control as has my ability to say no to a glass of wine when in company. Yesterday was the worst, had sourdough pizza and salted caramel chocolates , willpower out of the window too ! Woke up today with a rotten headache, wondering if it is the reintroduction of bad carbs. Can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’m looking forward to getting back on the diet when I get home but until then will try to choose food wisely.
    Keep up the great work fellow sleigh riders !

on

Sorry to hear about Bailey, Nicky, we had a cat that lived to be 19 and she went into the garden and just lay down in her favourite place and died. That is where we buried her, bless. We then moved to France and didn’t get any pets for 5 years until we knew we were staying and now we have 3 cats, love them all.

Amazing losses everyone. I have re-lost the half a pound I gained last week so am back to the weight I was at the end of week 1. Not sure it that is a loss or a gain but I weight 73.5 kilos, same as 2 weeks ago. Still not feeling well and not done any exercise since Wednesday but I am going to my French class soon where we are having our Xmas party. I am taking a quiche (I wont eat the pastry) but I am also taking spirallized courgette, sliced red and yellow pepper and a home made dressing of yog and garlic with lemon and olive oil. I tried making some scotch eggs using real minced pork chops, oven baking with no breadcrumbs. They came out like hard lumps and the meat was too dense as not enough fat it in so they will stay in the fridge as snacks for me – still low calorie and zero carbs.

Must go and get dressed ready to go and take a box of tissues with me. I hope no one else catches this but I am sure some of them gave it to me in the first place. Have a good day everyone.

• posted by Cleverblonde73
    on

Morning everyone,

Sorry to hear of your sad news NickyH pets truly are part of the family, so can only imagine how you must be feeling.

I have weighed in at 64.3kgs this morning, so still slow and steady loss a total in all of 6.5kgs. Sounds better if I say I have managed to reach the 1 stone lost mark :). Having lived in Cape Town for 9 years my Kilos and stones are very inter-changeable but the scale is in kilos! My official 7 week weigh in will be Friday, so will see how that goes as my birthday is Thursday, aiming for less strict on calories but still trying to steer clear of the carbs.

I also popped in the surgery this morning and my fasting blood test is booked for 10th January, for HBA1C and cholesterol. I am feeling quite excited, which is probably a bit sad! But am sure from my glucose readings fasting and post meal that things have improved, its just a case of how much.

Have a great day fellow sleigh mates

• posted by Daisiesmum
    on

Oh Nicky, I’m so sorry to hear about Bailey. Anyone who has ever lost a beloved pet will identify with your pain. Pictures of my precious tonkinese who passed away four years ago can still reduce me to tears. Daisy is my fur baby nowadays (hence my forum name!). I hope you find lots of comfort in your fond memories of him (?).

• posted by NickyH43
    on

Thanks everyone for the kind words. It still feels so unreal at the moment.
    I had Bailey in my life longer than my son (nearly 15) and it’s hard to remember my life before he arrived as the tiny little cream coloured fluff ball with brown ears, paws and tip of his tail with his stunning blue eyes.
    Funeral later after work, when hubby has had a chance to prepare the ground in the garden. Will be tough.
    Thanks again for your support.
    Nicky x

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh NICKY thats devastating…my heart goes out to you xx

• posted by Californiagirl
    on

Hi everyone and big world! NickyH43, I am sorry your sweet kitty has passed away — our pets are very special and I often think they are true gifts from God sent here to watch over us. My password to log in for the BSD forums is my old great-Pyrenees dog’s name and every time I type it in, I remember that wonderful dog. He was equal parts amazing and irritating (Pyrs have big and clever brains). RIP Bailey-kitty.
    So last night I was lying in bed and thinking about Christmas carols (due to the new song-a-long thread entitled Bah humbug) and I think we should re-write Jingle Bells, it could go something like, “jingle bells jingle bells, jingle all the way — oh what fun it is to eat in the BSD-friendly way-ay!” Or ” dashing through the store, in a rush to get my kale, I run by piles of cookies, laughing all the way..” Well– you get the drift. Maybe don’t quit my day-job, huh?
    Daisiesmum, I like Brussels sprouts very lightly steamed, then finished in a bit of bacon fat with bacon bits all crunchy and brown. Use uncured bacon to avoid the sodium nitrate/nitrite which is so bad for you. Can be a whole meal!
    Everyone else, have a great day!

• posted by Daisiesmum
    on

Ooo, Californiagirl, I love bacon fat, bacon fat’s my favourite! I will definitely try that one with my new found love for sprouts. I also saw a tasty looking recipe for oven roasted sprouts and pecans. ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by jmarie41
    on

NickyH43, so sorry to hear your kitty passed away! :–( Our pets are part of our family and are so missed.
    Loved reading everyone’s posts–so much has happened with everyone since I last had a chance to check in.
    My husband returns from Europe today after a 10 day trip to London, Cambridge, Germany (not sure where), Barcelona, Istanbul and back to London. When he left, I told him I would reach my first big goal by the time he returned. On Saturday, which was my 800 calorie- 8 week last day, I made my goal! I haven’t weighed this low in many, many years. I started out on the BSD at 157.5 lbs. and on Saturday, I weighed 139 lbs. BIG GOAL and so motivating! So officially, I have lost 18.5 lbs. in 8 weeks.
    Yesterday, I scheduled my annual check up with my primary doctor for the first week in January and my plan is to continue to try to take a few pounds off. Won’t be easy during this month but doable! . . .and above all, I plan to eat low carb as much as possible and end up with a great A1C blood sugar result. I’ll get my labs taken care of a week before I see the doctor.

So far week 9 has been going pretty well! I had one small piece of chocolate and was able to enjoy it and stop.

I really loved Butterlover’s story about the guests arriving early for the holiday dinner. That is the worst! I have relatives that always show up early, never fails, so now I tell them to show up an hour later than everyone else and they end up on time. Ha!

Happy Holidays everyone!!! Wishing you a successful week. Get back on the sleigh if you’ve fallen off! There is still a long journey ahead.

• posted by captainlynne
    on

KrysiaD and Verano – thanks for the comments.

Could just be the knock on my head on Sunday (stood up and caught the corner of the wall unit door. Ouch!) making me think about losing a few more pounds.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy with my current weight. If I could be sure it would come off my middle I’d go for it – just a bit more.

Off to rest sore head! *waves*

• posted by Nedds mum
    on

Hello one and all.

Nicky – so sirry to hear of your loss.
    I’m cat crazy and have always had my own so I feel for u. I send hugs and best wishes.

As always I’ve really enjoyed reading through the posts.
    Some fab losses. Well done to all of u.

I’m nearly through day 6 and for my meal this evening u have prepared the Brussell sprout slaw posted on this thread yesterday.
    It is marinating at the moment.
    I have never enjoyed sprouts but hoping I’ll enjoy the slaw later.

Daisies mum – do u have the recipes for the roasted sprouts and pecan nuts unless it is just as simple as roasted both together?!

I no longer feel week or headachy but I do feel hungry despite drinking plenty of fluid. Is the hunger likely to finish as time goes on?

No weigh in for me but this time tomorrow I’ll nearly have completed a week. Feel pleased.

• posted by Daisiesmum
    on

Hi Nedds Mum, believe it or not I didn’t bookmark the pecan/sprout recipe and a quick search just now turned up loads that involve maple syrup or honey -sigh! I did find one that included gorgonzola (pass).

I’m sure usual roasting techniques would apply, I imagine goose fat would be delicious, or even pecan AND bacon with sprouts – yum! Good thing I’ve already eaten this evening ๐Ÿ™‚

The hunger does improve, tho I sometimes eat a little bit over the 800 calls – we aren’t in prison, I don’t think it really matters if weight loss is marginally slower one week. My first 10 days or so were difficult, but one day I woke up feeling awesome and have just continued to improve. Don’t lose heart, we’re in this for the long haul!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Only half pound down this week.better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick!
    Some great results here tho folks! Well done all,losers and triers, we are all committed to this last push! think the reindeer should be given a celebratory extra carrot in their feedbags! X
    NEDDS MUM I found that hunger disappeared quite quickly in the early weeks ..its now,21 weeks in,I’ m hungrier these days..i think my body’s starting to rebel and want extra calories but i’ m holding out til ive completed 24 weeks x

• posted by Trelawny
    on

1/4 lb loss. I am pleased, it is a loss. Went into St Ives today and had a cooked breakfast. Had promised myself one ‘as a treat’. Anyway had 2 hash browns with it and one and a half slices of marmalade on toast. I did enjoy it but whilst walking down the street afterwards I felt so unwell!! Light headed, unsteady, in fact awful. Fortunately it quickly passed. However it was a great wake up call! Showed me what carbs do to my body just didn’t notice when I ate them everyday. Going into Christmas feeling more confident.
    Have a good evening everyone.

• posted by Inka13
    on

Nicky,
    Huge condolences for Bailey, Siamese are special cats and that’s such a long time to have him, I hope you are doing ok xxx

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Oh TRELAWNY! Do you live near Saint Ives?! I love it there,,only been once
    I agree, a loss is a loss! I only lost half a pound but better than gaining. And i feel i wd have same reaction as you if i started eating simple carbs again..just thinking of it makes me feel too full!
    Onwards and downwards! X

• posted by OiMadam
    on

Hello again everyone. Great to hear about all of your successes and strategies for managing healthy eating – and ways to re-engage with brussels (not a Brexit comment). Thanks for all of your ‘foodie tips’ and ‘stickability’ advice – it has all really helped me get through a major blip this week – a massive carb chow-down on one day. In the past that would have rolled over into 2, 3, 4 even 5 days and I would have told myself to discount the whole week BUT having read someone’s suggestion of readjusting my mindset to seeing the week as 6:1, I managed to stick to 6 days on track and only 1 major default day! And went on to lose another 2lbs despite the gorge-fest! So end of week 9 with a 24lb loss. I can almost hear those jingle bells ringing!

• posted by Yowzer49
    on

Thats fab OIMADAM! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป xx

• posted by Trelawny
    on

Have just caught up with the thread I was sorry to hear about your loss Nicky, so sad to lose our friends and a pet is a true friend. But well done on your weight loss. You are doing really well. Be kind to yourself Nicky.

And yes Yowzer I live just outside St Ives. I am very lucky.

Please log in or register to post a reply.