Starting Tomorrow

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by PrincetonianStud
    on

Hey EdCel:

I have one thing to tell you and it is:

WELCOME!

You took a big step. I just finished my 2nd week today. I am depressed a bit because it was only 3 pound this week lost. Wait for the next week I guess. It is still a loss!

Cheese and anything dairy…….. That is my KRYPTONITE! I think my snacking on swiss and cheddar cheese this week and putting it on my daily omlette was a big cause for the lacking of my 5.8 pounds the first week.

Luckily, I lost my sugar sweet tooth last year. But, no weight loss since eating simple carbs like pasta.

Well, good luck on your goals. If you are a Brit like everyone else here (I am American), 8 stones is what I would love to lose.
    Bog goals for changing a lifestyle!

Share your goals and challenges. Everyone has something to say that would be good wisdom!

Live Long And Prosper!

Cheerio,

PrincetonianStud

• posted by Minxie48
    on

Well Day two done and I’m stunned by the reduction in my blood sugars already. I’ve been hovering between 9-14 for my morning fasting blood sugar and this morning it was 5.2! I can’t remember them ever being that low. I was so pleased ๐Ÿ˜Š

Hope everyone is getting on ok, I’ve managed to keep to 800 cals both days and drank 3-4 litres each day. Feeing a bit headachy and tired but I think that’s just the sugar withdrawal.

I’ve got about 5 stone to lose, that would put me at my lowest weight ever as an adult.

Really happy and motivated right now, hope everyone is getting on ok ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

• posted by Claire0310
    on

Hi Leasko. Hope lunch with your friend went OK today, I too have two boys and am Birmingham born and bred (although I live up in Manchester now). I am also 49 and overweight. Freaky co-incidences…
    My day 2 has been OK, 800ish calories although lunch rather sadly eaten in the car whilst driving. I cracked and had a slice of German rye bread (Schneider Brot) this evening but it’s so worthy, it surely can’t be too bad? Perhaps a more long standing and knowledgeable member could confirm? One of my main tasks tomorrow is to order a new oven and in the meantime dust off the slow cooker and try to use it with one of the recipes in the book. I did notice that there’s a new 8 Week Blood Sugar Diet Book out on 1 September.

• posted by Leasko
    on

Lunch went really well, thank you , Friend didn’t mention the diet or the fact that I put the half eaten Tiger Loaf back in her bag to go home with. I ended up eating half a slice (would have normally managed half of the loaf?!) We then cycled for 45 minutes with the children and managed all to get back in one piece, which is no mean feat, as one of my sons is dyspraxic and kept cycling in the middle of the road.
    Charted everything on my fitness pal, I felt like I was really honest, counting the tiger loaf slice and it was just 800 cal….which for me, I am fairly sure, is half of my normal intake. I have just come upstairs to the study (as I know it is too much of a temptation to stay downstairs too close to the kitchen). Starting to think that I could actually do this. I feel tired but Ok.
    Minixie48 it must be really motivating to see blood sugar readings coming down so dramatically. Someone on another forum I read before this one, has lost 7lbs in four day……I wouldn’t normally loose that in a month. I’d be happy with half of that in a week.
    Good luck to everyone for day 3 Alison ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Bissell
    on

schneider brot one slice = 101 cals and 20g carbs according to my fitness do dah.

• posted by Minxie48
    on

Well done Leasko on resisting temptation! Bread is one of my biggest loves so I understand how you felt.

• posted by Camis
    on

Day two starting for me. Found yesterday ok – came in at 780 calories with 65g protein and 41g carbs (23g were sugar) plus 42g fat. Not sure whether these nutrient amounts are where they need to be? I’m thinking maybe the carbs a re a bit high – what do you experienced BSDers think?

Bit of an odd day today as am on an interview panel for most of the day so not sure whether I will get chance to eat during the day. Just in case, have had a decent breakfast (boiled egg, spinach and mushrooms) and am taking a big bottle of water to see me through!

Hope everyone has a good day.

• posted by Igorasusual
    on

Sounds good to me Camis – most people here seem to aim at less than 50g of carb per day.

I had comparatively little to lose (not Type 2), starting at 10 stone 8 lbs and aiming at 9 stone (which I thought would be impossible, and believed I would possibly get to 9 stone 4 lb with a push). I restricted my carbs to 20g per day, which is doable, using MyFitnessPal, and I can’t say I found it all that difficult. I am now nearly 12 weeks in and 8 stone 12 lbs, with a revised target of 8 stone 10 lbs, to give myself wriggle room up to 9 stone when I move to 5:2, and increase my carbs/calories. (Have increased calories to 1000 per day after the 8 weeks of the BSD, but am still losing).

I also looked at
    http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com
    which I found very helpful for sorting out what the proportions should be of what I was eating. Once calculated, you can enter these percentages into MFP and set your targets.

Hope that helps!
    ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by ChrissieW1953
    on

My day 1 was yesterday! I have been trying to follow the plan as I don’t have to count the calories. My biggest problem atm is feeling so hungry – hope that will only last a few days!. My downfall yesterday was I left it too late to start preparing dinner/supper, by which time I was tired, and too hungry to be bothered to spend time making a veg curry. Not an epic fail tho’ as I’ve being doing lo carb generally for a couple of weeks and had a veg curry in freezer that was amazingly about the same cals as the meal plan – just a bit higher on carbs as there was some rice in it. That and some cherries saw me through and deal on 800 cals, so actually very pleased.

This morning I went for a walk and was amazed how much energy I had – and so far its lasted through a morning on my feet, and prepping lunch – love the beetroot falafels.

I am still logging food and exercise as that was one of the challenges I set myself a few weeks ago.
    Fitness Pal doesn’t like it if the calorie count is under 1000, so I’ve invented an additional meal of 300 cals so I can “complete” each day. I found most of the blood sugar diet meals in the recipes section, but was dissapointed that the actual ingredients or nutrition has not been logged for them.

*** Has anyone else tried the Headspace app for Mindfulness/Meditation ***

Having learnt from yesterday, I’ll be preparing dinner early even if I don’t eat it straightaway.

Onwards and downwards!

• posted by TiggerB
    on

Been reading these messages about carb levels which got me thinking. I’ve been following the diet, my third day today, and realised my carb level was still quite high. I’ve worked it out that the meals I’ve made are high in veg, jewelled peppers again today, and therefore carbs from them – better than bread, pasta etc but it’s made me re think what I eat. Think I’ll up the cheese/protein in my lunches as that may be why I’m starting to feel hungry well before dinner time. Can anyone tell me if they think this is right?

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi

What I have done and I have lost just over 26@lbs in 5 weeks, was to stick to the recommended foods as per the bsd800 book, but I have also using the myfitnesspal app counted my cals up to 800 and carbs up to 50. You will have times when you feel hungry, but you will learn how not to waste cals/carbs on empty value foods, you need to drink plenty, and use distraction, I tend to be ritualistic with the timing of my meals I find that has helped also. But stick to the book. Also download MFP app if able it will make life much easier to tweak things to suit.
    Whatever you do don’t have a little sugar or refined carbs it will set your appetite of again. But your appetite will settle down, it’s early days yet. If I can do it you definitely can, I’m the worlds worst.

Keep at it, it will reward you.

Keep posting good or bad there is always someone around.

Regards
    Jan

• posted by Avila
    on

Day 3 – big meeting survived and my cold turkey on the booze collapsed to glass of red wine, then two. then the carb craving kicked in and I ate some…..

But doesn’t stop tomorrow and the day after etc.

Not had hunger til tonight, then gave in at first hurdle ๐Ÿ™

Though even with the ‘sins’ I am 1000cal which is a massive drop from before when a day like today would have resulted in a pig out.

Tomorrow is a new day

• posted by Leasko
    on

Hi Avila, the fact that you counted the ‘sins’ I think that is still positive. I am just preparing my evening meal and calculated the cals before hand. If I can stick to the portion size and not eat anything else, I ‘should’ come under the 800. Fingers crossed x
    I personally can’t believe how I have had fairly little side effects. I did a 10 day detox about a month ago and felt like I had ‘lived the film trainspotting’?!

• posted by Claire0310
    on

Thanks Bissell. However, how “bad” is German rye bread on the spectrum of ‘bad’ carbs? I’m guessing not too bad – it’s not sliced white bread but it is bread. What a Western dilemma!

• posted by Magpie
    on

Hi all,
    It was interesting to read where you all came from. Also, a big thank you for the breakfast suggestions. I have started diets before where I have weighed and measured and tracked and counted and….got heartily sick of it all and gave up. This time I am not being so strict with all of that. I have cut obvious carbs, but I’m not counting carbs in veggies. Like Avila said above, it’s still a lot lower than I was eating. In order to stick to this I need to make it as easy as possible. This time I’m not obsessing about weight either. I’m doing this for my health- well, that’s what I’m telling myself! It’s the start do day 4. So far I have not felt hungry at all. Have been crazy busy at work which I think has helped. The test will come on the weekend when I have more time on my hands. I am really enjoying reading everyone’s comments and finding out how you have all been going. Have a great day!!

• posted by TiggerB
    on

Had a lovely tea with my mum tonight – she’d got some king prawns and they were yummy and fit the plan so think I’ll be getting some of them ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m having to have a microwaved egg to try and up my calories to near the 800, does it matter if you go below as I don’t really want to have to eat if I’m not hungry?

I use a Samsung Fitness app as I have a Samsung Gear Fit to measure my steps etc. The fitness app does have a calorie counter just not as much variety as MFP but I can find pretty much everything I eat on there. With my daughter away I’m getting more steps in as I can take my dog for longer walks (he needs to lose a bit of weight as well).

Hope everyone is having a good day

• posted by Camis
    on

Hi Tigger – I wondered about going under as well. I only had just over 600 cals yesterday but didn’t feel hungry so didn’t eat more. But I don’t know whether that is the right thing to do or not?

• posted by karenv
    on

Hey Claire,

As to the rye bread it’s hard to say – it has 20g of carbs so if you’re aiming for 50g a day that would be nearly half daily total…but on the other hand it’s better than white bread I think – it has a lower glycemic index and glycemic load, so the carbs will not break down as quick as white bread does. One slice of white bread has GI of 73 and GL of 10 (high glycemic index is considered over 70, and low 54 or less). But one slice of rye bread is glycemic index 41, so it’s lower meaning the sugars won’t go into your bloodstream as fast.

I don’t know enough about carbs, digestion and blood sugars to say whether something is good or bad I guess, but it’s a better option than white bread. I personally try to stay away from bread most of the time but say as a once a week treat I have a slice of lower-GI wheaten bread with a boiled egg, so I get the taste ๐Ÿ™‚ But you have to find out what works for you! Good luck ๐Ÿ™‚

Re: the coming in under your calorie count that Camis and Tigger mentioned – not sure about that, best to ask some of the more seasoned BSD’ers who have been doing this a while. I have the opposite issue – I’m usually nearer 900 or 950 than 800, but it’s working for me ๐Ÿ™‚

Your king prawns sound lovely Tigger! I had spicy fish curry for dinner last night, prawns cod and (my add) a little bit of chorizo in spicy tomato sauce. It was lovely but I wanted more fish in it ๐Ÿ™‚ I used this recipe (left out the potato, tortillas and didn’t have avocado, so had it with some green veg). And I couldn’t get clams, so used 60g chorizo instead. Very nice! http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2066663/spicy-seafood-stew-with-tomatoes-and-lime

Have a great day folks! Sun is shining here in Belfast (for now)

• posted by Avila
    on

Day 4 – how was it for you?

Fruit at breakfast, lunch was salad with egg and the other bit of the avocado from yesterday. Dinner was fish with veg.

Flagging in energy today, and aware that whilst not true hunger have been craving.

• posted by TiggerB
    on

Day 4 and I’ve gone over my calories but was determined to eat the lamb meatballs I made and they were higher in calories than the book said. They were nice but next time I’ll leave out the pine nuts, as I didn’t really notice them and it will bring the calorie count down to a more acceptable level.

My day has been good – felt hungry about 3:30 while at work so took myself for a 10 minute walk and was fine again. I’m hoping to go for another walk later with my dog but am feeling rather tired.

Karen, your spicy fish sounds nice – love fish and chorizo ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Leasko
    on

DaY 4 and I have gone over my calories now, 940 ?!!!
    I started by missing breakfast and then at 2pm having a large egg salad. I had some shocking news… and I resorted to having not only a piece of carrot cake but followed it with a chocolate muffin?! Plan to keep myself busy tonight, packing for the family holiday.
    Glad others have had a better day ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Avila
    on

shocking news? Sounds potentially rough, not surprising it was a trigger to traditional comforts. But it was not a normal day, and tomorrow is another day.

But you are still under the thousand – though it reads as if no dinner, would some low cal input be good to help you through til tomorrow ? As the cake sugar fix would have crashed.

Happy holiday – though packing is a bit stressful if for a family….

Take care

• posted by Claire0310
    on

Hi Karenv. Thanks for the rye bread explanation; very helpful. It’s not as good as I had hoped.

I’ve just completed Day 4. My calorie count has risen every day with the highest at 946 today. I’m aiming of course for 800 but think that less than 1000 is OK. I ate quite a big snack tonight after getting back from climbing. I’ve not been for months and it was exhausting.

I’m going to read the book again as I’m not sure I’m doing it right. I’m counting calories but not carbs. I’ve completely cut out refined sugar, cakes, biscuits, chocolate etc. I’ve completely cut out bread (apart from the one slice of worthy German rye), pasta, rice and potatoes. I’m eating vegetables, pulses, fish/shellfish, fruit (not exotic fruit or bananas as I don’t like them), eggs, yogurt, nuts. Does this sound OK? The Fitbit doesn’t really count carbs in an easily accessible way.

on

4 Days done! YAY! Everyday you should celebrate accomplishing another day! The rewards I do is:
    Luxury long bath
    Buy a new CD
    Crash Barnes And Noble and purchase a book (maybe a self help dieting book) ๐Ÿ™‚
    Eat something new for the day….. I love my Black Forest cake made from Almond Flour

I look forward to your day 5. In 2 month you will be a new person!

Live Long And Prosper!

PrincetonianStud

• posted by perforatededges
    on

For those asking about the ‘headspace’ app, I got it and quickly deleted it… most of it is locked until you buy a subscription. I think I would prefer some free YouTube apps instead.

Can someone have a look at what I am eating and give me feedback? I average about 850 cals, under 50g carbs but am still a bit unsure:
    2 eggs for breakfast with a little coconut oil.
    vegetable and chickpea soup-slow cooker, just veges, canned chickpeas, stock, tinned tomatoes.
    3 corn thins with 50g ham and tomatoes
    100g ff yoghurt with strawberries
    healthy low carb dinner, ie steak and salad or green curry w no rice..

feedback????

on

Good morning folks,
    Start of my day 4!
    I too have found if I log some recipes on My Fitness Pal some of the recipes are well over in terms of cals but on a couple of occasions when I reread the recipes realised it was my error.

Good bits
    I am still doing it!
    I am doing well keeping up exercise levels
    Following the plan and food is tasty

Not so good bits
    Envious of those who have not been Hungry! Late afternoon is especially hard
    Yesterday also I felt exhausted.

Way forward
    When I started I promised myself I would do 2 weeks and then decide if I could continue. That’s still the plan.
    Although snacks are not encouraged I think I will plan in a small one late afternoon to take the edge off while preparing dinner.
    Think I will mix up the plan a bit more to make most evening meals something I have already prepared. Put some meals in the freezer.

Day out today with my friend Gemma and her 2 boys at a rare breed centre locally. Taking the Halloumi salad with me for lunch. Gonna be a good day. Good luck all

• posted by TiggerB
    on

I was shattered last night, sat in bed to read and fell asleep! Tired still this morning, not walked my dog (he’s happy with that) but I have planned meals for today and will get some walking in later.

I’m determined to get my 2 weeks done then see what happens.

Positive vibes being sent out to everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Wilma Flintstone
    on

Hi ChrissieW1953,
    When I started I was climbing the walls I was so hungry in the afternoon and then I would get hangry. I found the best way to get around it for me was to eat dinner at 5 so as soon as I got in from work that way I wouldn’t be tempted to snack and had the rest of the evening to relax and get all my jobs done. I am on week four now and i’m not getting as hangry anymore which is good. Good luck for day 5.

on

Many thanks for the post Wilma x
    Will keep on keeping on!

..and Tiger here’s to us making the 2 wee point

• posted by greenjanet
    on

Hi perforated edges

It looks okay, you need to make sure you stay under the magic 800 cals, reason why is in the BSD book, and try to keep below 50 carbs, it helps to keep your weight loss going, use myfitnesspal app if poss, it helps you Tweek your totals before you eat them, you doo need to weigh everything. Aim for a balance of everything, and use the book or website recipes, for variety. But you are doing well, keep posting and let us know your progress.
    ๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“๐Ÿ“

• posted by Avila
    on

In the book it says there is nothing ‘magic’ about the 800 – just that it is good for quick effects but not too low.

I tend to have my dinner early at 5-6pm anyway so that is not a long gap and then I find I am ready for bed a couple hours earlier than usual, and waking better in the morning.

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi

Just to throw the cat amongst the pigeons …. I use the Fatsecret app as it seems to give a far greater scope for different weights of items. I checked the German Rye Bread and it came out at 125cals and 25.3g carbs per slice. I double checked with nutracheck and got the same results. So disappointed as I was hoping to have the odd slice but 25g of carbs is just too high for me.

I know there have been some discrepancies with the calorie counts of the recipes in the book and now I’m wondering just how accurate the apps are?

• posted by Avila
    on

No system can be precise – that is why I take them as vague guidelines of one food compared to another, or what is better or worse etc rather than adding up the details.

• posted by karenv
    on

Verano, It may depend on the brand or make that they have in their database. The german rye bread in Fatsecret could refer to a different brand than MyFitnessPal, thicker slices, different ingredients etc. The only really accurate way, I think, to get true calorie counts for your particular make is to check the label on your particular loaf. Some don’t give calories and carbs per slice, only per 100g, in which case, you’ll have to do a bit of calculating (e.g. if the pack is 500g and has eight slices and lists cals/carbs for 100g, multiply that by 5 and divide by eight to get the per-slice amount).

But all apps will have different brands listed, hence the discrepancies (and also in the book). There’s no one result unfortunately, it depends on the make you buy! I usually check if my brand is listed on tesco (which usually gives calorie/carb count for that product) and if not go to the manufacturer’s website to get the accurate amount.

• posted by Stealthdragon
    on

Hello,
    I started yesterday and am doing well so far. My blood sugar is still ridiculously high but is coming down.

Reading everyone’s posts is encouraging, thank you for sharing them.

As far as following the BSD goes I am going to stick to the menu plans as much as I can, although with some changes as I don’t eat meat. My husband isn’t on the diet, though he is Type 2 as well, so we will eat dinner together and then he will snack, as always!

I drank 2l of water, and flavoured some of it with cucumber slices and mint leaves, delicious!

• posted by Verano
    on

Hi Karenv

It was actually the Schneider Brot Berman Rye Bread but as you say labels are the best way of getting a ‘true’ measure. Using a supermarket website is a really good idea especially when your app doesn’t list a product.
    I guess the secret is to keep using the same app and then at least you getting consistency which is probably the most important.

• posted by Leasko
    on

Dear All…..Nearing the end of day 5 and it was a good day. Travelling to Wales tomorrowfor a week, not sure if I will have WiFi access, (but hope I do). I have been weighing myself since Monday and I think I have lost 4 llbs so far ?!! The last two days have been stressfull for other reasons, but have managed to keep the cals around 800 mark. Hoping to do some walking over the week and avoid the gorgeous Italian Ice cream shop (normally have at least two ice creams a day!)
    Good Luck everyone, I too have enjoyed reading the posts, especially about the joys of Rye Bread x

• posted by Avila
    on

Well day 5 was not too bad considering it was a night out, 2 drinks and I confess a bit of bread.

Enjoy Wales Leasko – my homeland, though being stranded in Yorkshire is not a bad alternative

• posted by Claire0310
    on

My day 5 was OK. Came in under 800 but did have a mini naan.

I feel low level ill today. I don’t know whether it’s delayed BSD reaction, my usual Saturday tiredness following yet another busy week or my chronic cough. Prescribed with super strength antibiotics yesterday.

I weighed myself this morning and I’ve lost 1lb since Monday. A bit less dramatic than I’d hoped for but still…

• posted by Avila
    on

For reflection in the ‘variation in calories’ between things this is an interesting documentary from BBC on youtube – The truth about Calories the first 15 min on how they count them –

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmxeqDdrzb8

Meanwhile day 6 here and lunch of home made hummus with celery and carrot sticks

feel very full, but very tired as ended up watching a lot of the olympic opening ceremony…. ooops

on

Terrible to have such a bad cough. I personally drink 2 ginger and lemon teas a day for super charging my digestion and get rid of congestion from the much dairy I eat. When it is super scratchy, I go the Irish or Scotch whiskey way! Turks have something called ARAK. It works wonders because it is made with Licorice root (Anise). I get one that is 160 proof and it can wake the dead! LOL

http://www.thehealthsite.com/diseases-conditions/how-to-get-instant-relief-from-cough/

You seem to need a Vulcan Prayer For Good Health:

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER!

PrincetonianStud

• posted by TiggerB
    on

Part way through Day 6 and had an omelette for ‘brunch’ but I’m feeling hungry now and not sure I’ll be able to wait until my dinner later – may be a cup of tea will help, I can but try. ๐Ÿ˜€

• posted by Avila
    on

Hi TiggerB – hope you got past the hunger pangs, not far now to the the 1 week !!

• posted by Avila
    on

Day 6
    Well that turned out very yummy and under 200cals I think

just gathered from what was on hand ( I had forgotten to defrost the chicken breast as planned)

1 yellow pepper, Spring onion, 2 tomatoes, handful fresh spinach, couple capers, couple mushrooms – lightly stirfried and stir in 50g of smoked salmon trimmings to serve.

• posted by abisaysyes
    on

Hey guys! I started today (although not totally strictly…) will be on it properly starting tomorrow. Can I join your gang?! I’m trying to lose weight to help with some medical stuff. I’m 82kgs now and want to get to 71… is that even realistic in 8 weeks?! I think the most important thing for me is retraining myself and learning better habits.

See you guys soon! Abi xx

• posted by Avila
    on

Hi Abi,

Welcome to the gang but you need to fit in [passes over ‘August Club’ jacket whilst humming ‘summer loving’ …. ]

I started at 99kgs and in the end need to reach 80kg to just touch that mysterious accolade of a ‘healthy BMI’. I am borderline prediabetic but blood pressure is a serious concern having been on meds a couple of years now at only 41.

But I also need to retrain into regular meal times and food that looks like food rather than processed mash that leaves me hungry later and and becoming the cookie monster.

on

Welcome Abi,
    It’s fascinating watching the posts and the different things that people struggle with!

Today is my day 5. I’ve been struggling with energy levels and extreme hunger since day 1. Some are lucky to become energised and lose the hunger quite quickly.

I’ve been sticking closely to the plan and this evening it was steak with creme fraiche sauce. I don’t normally eat 200g meat in one go these days but I really enjoyed it and the sauce with a large pile of spinach and greens. What is interesting is the hunger has dissipated and i have more energy this evening. Maybe the answer for me is to up the protein a bit on other days.
    Tomorrow I’m out to lunch at a carvery! Challenge to skip the roasties and yorkshires
    That’s all for today

• posted by Claire0310
    on

Hi Abi. Welcome to the newcomers thread.

I’ve just finished Day 6 but had a bit of a planned wobble this evening. Well it is Saturday night. Tortillas and some guacamole. No alcohol though because of the antibiotics.

My total calorie count from Mon to Fri averaged 820 calories a day and I found it surprisingly easy. Low level hunger but no big sugar dips which have been a problem for me in the past. I just need to ensure variety at lunchtime.

I intend to do a ‘big’ weigh-in on Monday morning. Anyone else fancy joining me and posting it up before noon? Bit like a virtual meeting?

Off to bed early to re-read River Cottage Light & Easy which I seen to remember is low carb.

• posted by ange1ine
    on

Hi I am starting tomorrow too! Just coming back from holiday ,NEED to change!! Keep noticing there’s a fat bird in shop windows and she follows me around!!! Could be more organised as back to work tomorrow, no shopping in (I have done a shopping list on my phone) read the book on holiday,actually really positive and looking forward too it Now! Must remember to get tape measure and scales ready for in the morning ๐Ÿ˜ฒ . Just need to cram as many carbs/sugar and alcohol in today to last me for eight weeks!!!!!

• posted by Minxie48
    on

Good Luck Abi & Ange1ne

It’s all be going really well for me, been keeping to around the 800 cal mark and trying to stay under 50g carbs. Yesterday we took the kids out and planned a picnic, usually we would have had all kinds of lovely sweet and savoury the treats but I went to M&S early and stocked up on their mooli ribbon beef rolls and various sliced meats, cruditรฉs, hummus etc. It was so lovely. Even my husband said that it was the best picnic we’d had!
    Then came dinner, we decided to go to Nandos (the kids favourite) on the way home. I usually would have thought oh sod it and had whatever I wanted and fooled myself that I’ll start again tomorrow but instead I had 1/4 chicken, salad, coleslaw (the yoghurt one) and hallomi and it came in at 586 cals. All in all I had 1021 cals for the day which I was super chuffed with and the bonus was I burned 500 cals from walking throughout the day.
    It proved to me that I can have a life with this and there can be some balance if I make the right choices. I’m feeling really good.
    Also the blood sugars are massively reduced, been in the 5’s all week rather than 9-14 so that is really encouraging. Hope it continues, I’m actually looking forward to weigh day tomorrow.

Please log in or register to post a reply.