Starting tomorrow

We have not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you are have any health related symptoms or concerns, you should contact your doctor who will be able to give you advice specific to your situation.

• posted by Holoso
    on

Hi to you all,

I have been reading about this way of life and am going to start tomorrow. I have a very sweet tooth and I know I eat too much of the stuff hence am overweight. Find it very difficult to give up sweet things, almost like an addiction. Wish me luck!!

• posted by misssay
    on

Hi Holoso,

Welcome to the forum. Did you start today? If so, how did your day go?

• posted by Holoso
    on

Hi there,

Yes I did start today!! I have found the sugar craving very hard to handle and have given in to a digestive biscuit tonight. I am going to go to bed early to try and help not eat anything more. I am hoping it gets easier. What is the recommended carb level over the 800 calories?

• posted by misssay
    on

Is it possible for you to get things like the demon digestives out of the house? (I’m lucky because hubby and I are doing this together, but I know it’s not always possible if you have other people to cook for and feed as well.) I didn’t get bad sugar cravings, but from reading what other peope have said, I think you’re more likely to feel hungry if you give in to sugary carby stuff, and less likely to feel hungry if you snack on something with fat/protein – cheese, olives, piece of meat, full fat yogurt could help.
    One digestive is not much in the grand scheme of things though, and you are heading in the right direction! Going to bed is a good way to get away from the kitchen.

I don’t think there is a carb level recommended in the book, but there are a few threads on here about it. I can’t remember the names, but if you try a search you’ll probably find them.

Good luck for tomorrow.

• posted by Cherrianne
    on

Hi Holoso and welcome, you will find that your sugar cravings disappear quite quickly once you’re a few days into the diet.
    The key is to make sure you have plenty of full fat food in your diet. It also helps to stay away from sweet tasting substitutes for the sugary stuff. Somehow even the artificial sweeteners seem to trigger the cravings.
    Most forum members seem to stick to around 50g of carbs per day to lose weight and keep blood sugars stable.
    Some kind of app or food tracker will help you stay on top of your intake.
    All the best for success

• posted by hashimoto
    on

Hi holoso if you can manage to stay away from any sweet stuff the most amazing thing happens – after a few days the flavours from food just explode in your mouth, everything tastes so much more intense. Don’t be surprised if you get withdrawal symptoms for a few days but it is well worth keeping going. We’re all rooting for you ๐Ÿ™‚

• posted by Holoso
    on

Ahh thank you all so much for your wonderful support. I have three daughters at home and they have busy lives, and they like their snacks so it’s really hard to get them out the house, but with all your tips, I will try and avoid them completely. Thank you all so much, it means so much to have people rooting for me!! ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’๐Ÿ’

• posted by Bill1954
    on

Hi Holoso
    the sweet tooth is an obstinate animal to get rid of, but it has no staying power. 2 or 3 days in it should go completely.
    Until then, if the monster rears it’s ugly head, try a few mixed nuts with a couple of raisins or some full fat yoghurt with berries to take the edge off.
    You have taken the first big step, it just gets easier from here on in.
    Be loud about this with your daughters, tell them how good you feel and how much weight you are losing, if they are like most girls, once they start seeing your success, they will become very interested.

Please log in or register to post a reply.